Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jamm Pro by Ninja Tune / Coldcut

edited February 2020 in General App Discussion

http://jammpro.net/

https://apps.apple.com/app/id1148499320

The Production and Live Performance App for iPad

Jamm Pro is the anticipated evolution of Ninja Jamm, the original touch controlled beat app. Easy to use but deep, Jamm Pro includes Ninja Jamm users most requested feature: the ability to load your own samples. As well as immense performance power, it’s packed with pro features and new ideas e.g. its modular synth-like patching capabilities.

Jamm is a unique instrument. Loaded with free content and killer presets, you'll be amazing yourself with the music you create from the moment you press Play.

KEY FEATURES

• Record in via Mic, Soundcard, Inter App Audio.

Audiobus/AUM are supported, giving you access to the extensive range of iOS IAA apps like drum machines and synths to work with Jamm.

-Multitrack Stem recording: Transforms Jamm Pro into a production tool: recordings are saved with all channels individually recorded. You can then load these into an editor/DAW such as Ableton, Logic or Pro Tools to work on further.

-Multi-touch tip control: Use small finger movements to simultaneously and expressively control multiple FX at once.

Individual per channel FX: 5 Distortion/Crush units, 5 Filters, 5 Delays, 5 Reverbs, 5 Sidechains. All with full recallable control.

64 Total Recall Patches: instantly Store and Recall the total state of what you’re doing with 64 Patch memories.

-In-app help: Access help overlay screens from wherever you are to explain all the page’s functions… no need to stop to read and dig into the manual!

-Coldcutter module: Buffer shuffle and modulation matrix for sophisticated beat manipulation. Users can trigger automatic call and response between channels, algorithmic evolutions of samples and modular synth-like patchable modulation sequencers.

-Sub-bass module: Automatically generate super heavy bass kicks and basslines from drum samples — a feature dril fans will adore.

-Loopstation/Resampling functions: Use Jamm Pro as a Loopstation — perfect for vocalists to loop and layer vocals as well as beatboxing via instant recording.

-MIDI input: MIDI Learn allows easy connection of MIDI hardware to trigger and control Jamm Pro.

-Slice sequencer: Unique and highly interactive feature allowing users to simply draw on the screen to restructure any sample.

-Smart pitch bends: Change the pitch of any or all of the channels in real-time to inspire musically apt progressions.

-Scratch: Experiment with the iconic hiphop technique by applying the effect to any sample.

*Please note Jamm Pro is a very powerful app and will perform best on newer iPads. The iPad Pro is the ideal device for the best experience with Jamm Pro.

THE STORY

For Ninja Tune co-founders Coldcut, known for their innovations in DJing, Remixing, Production and Live Performance, Jamm Pro has been 25 years in the making. Coldcut have been honing it in their live show and recently creating music with it.

Designed by Coldcut’s Matt Black with the aim of creating their ultimate electronic music instrument. As users experiment and develop ideas, they can save them as their own patches, which can be used to quickly build up stages of a song, structure a live performance, or used as a sketchpad.

The app features exceptional and extensive modulation and patching capabilities, the likes of which have never been seen in a sample app before. Equipped with four main channels, each with nine sequencers — six modulation sequencers, a slice sequencer, a pitch/reverse/drill sequencer and a gate sequencer — and up to 64 patches per set, Jamm Pro allows for a possible 2,304 sequencers per Sound Set in the app.

As well as production, Jamm Pro has been designed as an instrument for playing live sound, drawing on hiphop DJing and timing. With expressive touch control, the app facilitates direct engagement of hand-eye-ear coordination through ‘tip control’. This innovative feature tracks small finger movements that can be used to sensitively control various effects.

And yes Ableton Link is included!

Comments

• edited February 2020

The feature set looks amazing.

• Some video of it in action?

• Doesn't have Files support?

• edited February 2020

Seems good, Ableton set export too. Very interested, despite not usually warming to launchpad style IAA apps. This could be a good sketch pad for exporting to Live. :)

Hoping it gets support with multichannel audio interfaces too, fingers crossed

• I'd need ableton style clip launching of studio stems. I used ableton before but want to ditch the laptop.
    Using an octatrack for some time now but I wish I could use just an Ipad + controller.

Anywany, interested what's possible with this app.
    If somebody has other recommendations, please tell me :)

• Closest thing on iOS to this is that old Glitchbreaks app, but JammPro is infinitely more powerful. Extremely well thought out design and the effects are top notch - easily up there with the best sounding bitcrush and distortion I’ve heard on iOS.
    Was an instabuy for me, no hesitation.

• watched the video now. looks extremely capable.

• Is this a posh Launchpad or am I completely off base?

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Is this a posh Launchpad or am I completely off base?

Not completely, but definitely better than LP from what I see.

• @DatGood said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    Is this a posh Launchpad or am I completely off base?

Not completely, but definitely better than LP from what I see.

Thanks. Will look. Did you add on?

• @Eschatone said:
    Closest thing on iOS to this is that old Glitchbreaks app, but JammPro is infinitely more powerful. Extremely well thought out design and the effects are top notch - easily up there with the best sounding bitcrush and distortion I’ve heard on iOS.
    Was an instabuy for me, no hesitation.

Me too, watched the little AppStore movie, saw load user samples, output multitrack stems, and they had my $10

• nu-Trix uploaded a good demo of it

• edited February 2020

Bought it, it’s perhaps not perfectly optimised for 12.9 yet..text and some interfaces are pretty big. Took a while to get going importing samples...needs slideover Files drag n drop support. But Files is supported.
    But yeah this is great, I can see myself using this for jamming with stuff :) it feels like a custom Lemur controller app.

• Wow. This looks like it will be the perfect blend of madness and genius in my muse guided hands.

• i remember the original NinjaJamm app from several years ago - it was super-fun and I thought the interface was ahead of it's time. but being locked into using the preset sample sets made it useless. always thought if it ever got ability to import user samples it would be great. promo video sure looks great!

• Is it possible to preview samples before loading them into the app? If so, how? (I.e. what’s the mechanism)

• O come on. It is magic. Too much wonderful apps today.

• Good for inspiration / bad for my bank account

@Charlesalbert said:
    O come on. It is magic. Too much wonderful apps today.

• @Carnbot said:
    Bought it, it’s perhaps not perfectly optimised for 12.9 yet..text and some interfaces are pretty big. Took a while to get going importing samples...needs slideover Files app. But Files is supported.
    But yeah this is great, I can see myself using this for jamming with stuff :) it feels like a custom Lemur controller app.

Thanks for the notes. Cost me my coffee money today :)

• @iOSTRAKON said:
    nu-Trix uploaded a good demo of it

Thanks for sharing this.

• And some dev uploaded tutorials

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@iOSTRAKON said:
    nu-Trix uploaded a good demo of it

Thanks for sharing this.

• edited February 2020

Those is sooo fun, and I've barely scratched the surface. Is deep too. Very deep. Probably gonna be a sleeper. Glad I gave it a shot tho

• Does it trigger external synths as well as samples? Talks about them but can’t see how they integrate...

• YUM! This may just scratch my Stutter Edit on iOS itch! Curious how importing and using user samples works... oh heck I'll just get it and find out.

• Its not mentioned in the App Store that I can see but I read in a couple of places it’s currently 50% off for a couple of weeks.

• If anyone here comes up with a workflow that would allow this to be something Koala on major steroids I’d love to see that. It appears you can record into cells live, which is something launchpad is badly missing... but for just clip launching and remixing, LP is pretty solid...

• I love those red flashing diodes. Can’t focus on anything else!!

• @Krupa said:
    Does it trigger external synths as well as samples? Talks about them but can’t see how they integrate...

From what I've been experimenting with, you can put this app in the FX slot in AUM and it can record instruments to make samples to use in the grid using auv3 or IAA.

• Can it import samples from audioshare?

• @fattigman said:
    Can it import samples from audioshare?

It does look like fun even with the packs but I am ultimately really hoping that the stem import / management is bearable or maybe even actually good which would be a nice surprise/bonus.