Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Jamm Pro by Ninja Tune / Coldcut

Comments

• I've just emailed them about optimisation / performance issues as I'm getting crackling with their sets even on simple things such as clip activation or panning... Just asked them if there's room for improvement or if it's wait for new tablet time 😁

• I got audio glitch and scatter also on latest iPad 😢

• Ah that’s interesting...

• Hoping they can fix whatever audio glitches on lesser iPads. Luckily, it was on $10. I might be getting a iPad Pro later this year

• Haven’t run into any big problems on standard 2018 iPad. Some hesitation when using save and close functions. Let you know if anything comes up after more extensive testing. Synced with ableton link to AUM and out of AUM by midi to TR 8. So far so good.

• Actually seems a little better for a full reboot... Found the best bug/feature though - save a session with a low tempo, when you reopen it, that's the new baseline so you can lower it further, I'm down to 3bpm in one now, the jungle setting is madness down there 🤣

Had anyone found a way to set a sample's bar length yet?

• Any way to copy clips from pad to pad without having to reload from Files?

• Working OK on my ipad Pro 9.7. This thing is epic so many options. Had problems sampling in from Audiobus I hit record and hit a clip but wouldn't start. Apart from that impressive specs on what it can do.

• @AudioGus said:
    Any way to copy clips from pad to pad without having to reload from Files?

Not currently...

• Likely glitches are also graphics related. Option to turn off all the fancy stuff might be something to argue for. Whenever I’ve monitored cpu usage it was always swiping between apps that caused most drastic cpu peaks.

• We are quite spoiled on this front, but given how great this looks feature wise, I have to admit I’m disappointed at the visual design of this. I only say because I probably will get this, but I am a big believer in the value of the design in these apps.

My two cents: a little tweaking would go a long way, and could be updated easily in the future.

• I actually don’t mind the black with white lines/boxes—background colors could easily make it look worse (despite making it “easier” to use). I’d just make the lines green (or pink or blue) like Spacecraft.
    • a font change for text could be good (depending…)
    • the symbols/icons don’t have a unified “style” and are uninspired in my mind. Again, with Spacecraft the design is so barebones, but it looks retro futuristic anyway, so there is a way to subtly make it look sexy.
  • @Krupa said:
    I've just emailed them about optimisation / performance issues as I'm getting crackling with their sets even on simple things such as clip activation or panning... Just asked them if there's room for improvement or if it's wait for new tablet time 😁

Good idea. If it’s glitching on Pro’s then it definitely needs a tweak, and if they can squeeze in support for Air 2’s as well they’d attract a lot more sales.

• Look up battery optimization thread, tons of great advise to optimize ipad!
    Best advise
    Disable everything Siri

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Working OK on my ipad Pro 9.7. This thing is epic so many options. Had problems sampling in from Audiobus I hit record and hit a clip but wouldn't start. Apart from that impressive specs on what it can do

You have to go to clip page,enable record in, hit the record icon, and select the name box for the as yet unassigned clip to be, then it should start recording

• Here's an older vid of Matt jamming on a prerelease of Jamm Pro I found

• Anyone been playing today? Any good? Looks great, gonna be playing on a 2019 iPad Pro. I’d love to hear some words about it if anyone’s got a minute. Planning to buy tomorrow

• it’s very cool. still trying to figure out the cutter section.

• Yeah! I think it’s a good guide for new folks on the forum.

• Bought.

Does it only play 4 pieces of audio at a time?

• Its good. Really musical. You would need to be a sampling wizard,

• @sigma79 said:
    Bought.

That's what he says in one of the promo videos. 4 tracks of loops playing one loop each - plus the 9 stabs on the right side.

• I've add a stub article in the Audiobus wiki with a link to their tutorial page. It would be great if folks would add their knowledge and links to other videos:

https://wiki.audiob.us/jamm_pro

• I'm starting to tame the coldcutter, deep as fool...

having trouble with glitches when trying to sample live impaktor stuff though, perhaps that stretching it a bit though?

Still love sampling straight in thru AUM with whatever I fancy loading up and either playing or xoxing or whatever wee sequencer takes my fancy...

Still on the fence overall, it takes me straight into loop paralysis that I used to get with fruityloops and all that, I've been quite productive just recording bits and bobs in AUM and then getting them into Auria for longer arrangements... 🤷🏻‍♂️

• @Halftone said:

@sigma79 said:
    Bought.

That's what he says in one of the promo videos. 4 tracks of loops playing one loop each - plus the 9 stabs on the right side.

Its good. A turntablist GR-16.

• @Krupa said:
    I'm starting to tame the coldcutter, deep as fool...

having trouble with glitches when trying to sample live impaktor stuff though, perhaps that stretching it a bit though?

Still love sampling straight in thru AUM with whatever I fancy loading up and either playing or xoxing or whatever wee sequencer takes my fancy...

Still on the fence overall, it takes me straight into loop paralysis that I used to get with fruityloops and all that, I've been quite productive just recording bits and bobs in AUM and then getting them into Auria for longer arrangements... 🤷🏻‍♂️

This is very familiar. Get seduced by all the flickering loops at the fingertips, but then -in the end- want to get sensible and bring them all into a DAW and control the process :)

• This is the best ios app for sure.

• @Halftone said:
    Here's an older vid of Matt jamming on a prerelease of Jamm Pro I found

Is it possible to turn red version in present version of the app?

• I bought it cuz at this price, it looks pretty cool. Or I’m a fool. I’ll figure that out after I watch a few more videos, I guess. Which brings me to...

Nu-Trix has posted a video as well.

• @MAtrixplan ....Shift touch on the channel mutes and pitch shifters changes their mode and colour.

Other than that , no. Looks like they ditched the colours as well as some other functionality shown in the linked video (manual slice manipulation in the play screen)