Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 - BUGS (on topic)

Comments

• @AudioGus said:

@SashaPonkratov said:
    @LFS
    There is Cubasis 3 Known-Issues https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/206220404-Cubasis-for-iOS-Known-Issues
    Do you know why it doesn't list bugs that were reported on this forum?

Could be that they make it to that list once their internal testers reproduce and verify them. Thats how it works at my job.

If that was the case, the list would be much longer.

• @rs2000 said:

@AudioGus said:

@SashaPonkratov said:
    @LFS
    There is Cubasis 3 Known-Issues https://helpcenter.steinberg.de/hc/en-us/articles/206220404-Cubasis-for-iOS-Known-Issues
    Do you know why it doesn't list bugs that were reported on this forum?

Could be that they make it to that list once their internal testers reproduce and verify them. Thats how it works at my job.

If that was the case, the list would be much longer.

Not if they haven’t got to them yet.

• Summary/Title :
    Refusing to freeze

Description:
    With multiple instances of isymphonic auv3 open it seems to freeze everything except the last track for no particular reason. I will explain myself better. Yes it freezes but the resulting take contains no audio. It is empty everytime. I've tried different tracks to see if it was THAT particular take and it still happens when you try to freeze the last track.

Expected Results:
    To freeze all of the tracks.

Actual Results
    Everything freezes but the last track.

Environment:
    iOs13 with cubasis 3 and iSymphonic

• Summary/Title :
    No sound from Thumbjam in Cubasis 3 via Audiobus

Description:
    I open Audiobus (latest version) and put Cubasis 3 in Output slot and Thumbjam in Input slot.
    In Cubasis 3 I make sure the Thumbjam track is armed but there is no sound when I play the Thumbjam screen.
    If I replace Cubasis 3 in Audiobus with Cubasis 2 I do get sound from the Thumbjam screen.

Expected Results:
    To hear Thumbjam when I play it in both Cubasis 3 and Cubasis 2

Actual Results
    No sound from Thumbjam when using Cubasis 3 (although occasionally I have heard short bursts of sound but only when playing some notes on the Thumbjam screen - the rest are silent. But this is not reliably re-producible.)

Environment:
    iOs13.3 with Cubasis 3, Audiobus and Thumbjam

• @Crabman said:
    I tried to copy the presets for Viking Synth from C2 to C3 and realized they won't show up cause the folders name changed from"Blamsoft Viking Synth" to "Viking Synth".Not a biggie but gave me a headeache cause the new folder won't show up until you create new presets in C3.After that it's save to copy old presets into the new one.Gotta try if that affects other AUs as well.

Hi @Crabman,

Unsure if I get this correct, the problem seems to be related to Blamsoft here, correct?

Thanks
    Lars

• edited January 2020

I don't think so because Cubasis creates these folders automatically as soon as you save your first preset in the host.Viking does not even have own preset system.

• LFSLFS
    edited January 2020

@AudioGus said:
    Summary/Title

Global mute/solo buttons do not work properly

Description

When using the global mute and solo buttons for tracks the local track mute and solo buttons do not work.

Expected Results

When you mute tracks using the global mute or solo buttons you should be able to unmute or unsolo tracks using the the local track mute and solo buttons.

Actual Results

You cannot unmute or unsolo tracks that have been muted or solo-ed via the global mute / solo buttons. (Now I am confusing myself, here is a video...!)

Environment

IPad Pro 10.5 / ios 13.3

Happy & healthy new year, @AudioGus!
    Thanks for your report which has been added:

CBT-1324

Best,
    Lars

• LFSLFS
    edited January 2020

@cloudswimmer said:
    1. Summary/Title
    Freezing an audio track that has an IAA effect doesn’t record that effect.

1. Description
      I recorded a hardware synth to an audio track, I then added 2 AUV3 effects and 1 IAA effect, I then hit track freeze and it froze the track .. but the IAA effect wasn’t captured in the freeze .. only the AUV3 effects were captured.

2. Expected Results
      I expected the same behavior as in Cubasis 2 where that same exact effect is captured in the .wav of the frozen track.

3. Actual Results
      See video .. again this is not a problem in Cubasis 2

4. Environment
      12.9” 2nd generation iPad Pro/IOS 13.2.2

HNY @cloudswimmer!

Thank you for your bug report which has been added to the list:

CBT-1325
    Freezing an audio track that has an IAA effect doesn’t record that effect

Best,
    Lars

• @Vlad11 said:
    Summary/Title :
    Refusing to freeze

Description:
    With multiple instances of isymphonic auv3 open it seems to freeze everything except the last track for no particular reason. I will explain myself better. Yes it freezes but the resulting take contains no audio. It is empty everytime. I've tried different tracks to see if it was THAT particular take and it still happens when you try to freeze the last track.

Expected Results:
    To freeze all of the tracks.

Actual Results
    Everything freezes but the last track.

Environment:
    iOs13 with cubasis 3 and iSymphonic

Hi @Vlad11,

Thank you for your report and a happy & healthy new year to you!

CBT-1326
    AU Track freeze fails with multiple iSymphonic instances

Thanks,
    Lars

• @AlterEgo_UK said:
    Summary/Title :

Description:
    I open Audiobus (latest version) and put Cubasis 3 in Output slot and Thumbjam in Input slot.
    In Cubasis 3 I make sure the Thumbjam track is armed but there is no sound when I play the Thumbjam screen.
    If I replace Cubasis 3 in Audiobus with Cubasis 2 I do get sound from the Thumbjam screen.

Expected Results:
    To hear Thumbjam when I play it in both Cubasis 3 and Cubasis 2

Actual Results
    No sound from Thumbjam when using Cubasis 3 (although occasionally I have heard short bursts of sound but only when playing some notes on the Thumbjam screen - the rest are silent. But this is not reliably re-producible.)

Environment:
    iOs13.3 with Cubasis 3, Audiobus and Thumbjam

A happy & healthy new year @AlterEgo_UK!

CBT-1327

Best wishes,
    Lars

• @Crabman said:
    I tried to copy the presets for Viking Synth from C2 to C3 and realized they won't show up cause the folders name changed from"Blamsoft Viking Synth" to "Viking Synth".Not a biggie but gave me a headeache cause the new folder won't show up until you create new presets in C3.After that it's save to copy old presets into the new one.Gotta try if that affects other AUs as well.

Thank you & a happy new year, @Crabman!
    Your issue has been entered into our bugbase.

CBT-1328
    CB2 AU presets did not show up in CB3 due to different folder naming

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

A happy & healthy new year @AlterEgo_UK!

CBT-1327

Best wishes,
    Lars

Thank you @LFS and the same to you! :smiley:

• @LFS said:

@AudioGus said:
    Summary/Title

Description

When using the global mute and solo buttons for tracks the local track mute and solo buttons do not work.

Expected Results

When you mute tracks using the global mute or solo buttons you should be able to unmute or unsolo tracks using the the local track mute and solo buttons.

Actual Results

You cannot unmute or unsolo tracks that have been muted or solo-ed via the global mute / solo buttons. (Now I am confusing myself, here is a video...!)

Environment

IPad Pro 10.5 / ios 13.3

Happy & healthy new year, @AudioGus!

CBT-1324

Best,
    Lars

Cheers Homie, Happy New Year!

Go git em’!

• Summary/Title

Sometimes audio tracks become incapable of holding audio clips

Description

In this project three audio tracks became unable to contain audio clips (see video). Restarting Cubasis or rebooting the iPad did not help. The tracks can never contain audio clips and would need to be deleted and any fx chains rebuilt from scratch.

Expected Results

Audio tracks should always be capable of receiving audio clips.

Actual Results

Moving an audio clip into a track skips over the track(s).

Environment

iPad Pro 10.5, iOS 13.3

• Summary/Title

Spin fx not making its way to the mixdown

Description

If I record some spin fx automation (on a track or on a master) and create a mixdown then its not appearing on it

Expected Results

I want to hear those scratches

Actual Results

Result is like there is no effect applied

Environment

iPad Pro 12, iOS 13.3

• I don’t know if this is a ‘bug’ but my Cubasis 2 IAP Dont transfer to iPhone also. Please advise @LFS

• @AudioGus said:
    Summary/Title

Description

In this project three audio tracks became unable to contain audio clips (see video). Restarting Cubasis or rebooting the iPad did not help. The tracks can never contain audio clips and would need to be deleted and any fx chains rebuilt from scratch.

Expected Results

Audio tracks should always be capable of receiving audio clips.

Actual Results

Moving an audio clip into a track skips over the track(s).

Environment

iPad Pro 10.5, iOS 13.3

Hi @AudioGus,

Thank you for your report, which has been added to our bugbase:

CBT-1331

Best,
    Lars

• LFSLFS
    edited January 2020

@clowm said:
    Summary/Title

Description

If I record some spin fx automation (on a track or on a master) and create a mixdown then its not appearing on it

Expected Results

I want to hear those scratches

Actual Results

Result is like there is no effect applied

Environment

iPad Pro 12, iOS 13.3

Hi @clowm,

Thank you for your report, which has been added to the bugbase:

CBT-1332

Thanks,
    Lars

• When between black keys response is deactivated the velocity spread on the white keys is not properly adjusted.

• edited January 2020

The MIDI FX stack is indecipherable as to signal flow and the use of “through” and “record to timeline” is unreliable. MIDI output is blocked in some stacks regardless of through settings and passed in others. Velocity Keyboard fails in all cases. Bram Bos apps can not be stacked. On the whole the MIDI FX path is not operating as well as it did in Cubasis 2.X.

• Timeline scrubbing is missing.

• @ipadbeatmaking said:
    I don’t know if this is a ‘bug’ but my Cubasis 2 IAP Dont transfer to iPhone also. Please advise @LFS

Hi @ipadbeatmaking,

These are the steps to transfer your Cubasis 2 in-app purchases to Cubasis 3 on the iPad:

• Make sure Cubasis 2.8.2 is installed on your iPad
    • Launch Cubasis 3 and open the in-app shop
    • Follow the instructions shown in the IAP Transfer pop-up

Once done, the IAP's should be stored to your App Store account and synced.

Best,
    Lars

• Is there a link to a thread where you are allowed to talk about Cubasis 3 and the Steinberg release?

• edited January 2020

Anyone into compiling a list of paying user beta test bug reports? The Steinberg site lists ten in total for C3, I think we are past that now. We can cross check for Steinberg as well as possibly find work-arounds for users. Thanks.

• @AmpApps said:
    Is there a link to a thread where you are allowed to talk about Cubasis 3 and the Steinberg release?

Have at it: https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/36275/cubasis-3-for-iphone-and-ipad-available#latest

• edited January 2020

Compilation of Cubasis 3 thread bug reports thus far:

1.Reopen C3 does not reload Rozeta Xox (driving Ruismaker),have to unload and select/open it again.

2.Freezing a track in real time (tried it with the same combination of Rozeta XoX and Ruismaker)
    results in a glitchfest wavefile. Also reproducible every time.

3.Hickup at the beginning of a loop.

4.Apple Pencil not working on iPad Pro 2018 12.9

5.Cubasis 3 is not sending MIDI Clock start/stop from the transport buttons.

6.Some midi auv3s are not recording any midi to the timeline and/or not sending midi to instruments.

Tested 10 so far with these results:
    — midi auv3 that don‘t work in Cubasis 3
    Aphelian
    Ochtachron
    KB1
    Velocity Keyboard

7.Wrong note being highlighted while changing note’s velocity/position using the buttons on the left.

8.Copy a midi segment of a track, and paste it on the same track, that segment does not sound, the instrument is microsonic.

9.Freeze a tack, the first 2 or 4 bars are not recorded.

10.Midi over Bluetooth it keeps the connection but stops sounds on some occasions.

11.Unable to import wav files from AudioShare?

12.External inputs from audiofuse interface don’t seem to work at all.

13.Undo history remains unpopulated after using the app for a few minutes.

14.Deleting track caused DSP spike, glitched sound, then loss of audio/silence.

15.Open an auv3 instrument like AudioLayer. Change the preset from its default to a different instrument. Close C3. Reopen and AudioLayer has not remembered the Instrument change.
    Same behaviour with other auv3s like Factory, SwarPlug, etc.

16.the left column can no longer be scrolled so that it is sometimes necessary to close instrument windows to get to i.e. the list of midi plugins.

17.It seems when zooming / panning that Cubasis 3 has issues detecting whether or not clips should be moved.

18.Moving tracks vertically in Cubasis 3 does not auto scroll the timeline verticaly like in Cubasis 2.

19.Changing sounds during playback in auv3s such as digital d1, factory, fm Player 2 cause crash of cb3 or at best loss of audio or distorted audio.

20.C3 doesn't save the last state when it crashes and opened with an at least 5 minutes older version.

21.Ravenscroft unusable right now, high CPU.

22.Impossible to bring up iOS control center without selecting Help, Settings, or Shop menu.

23.When using the global mute and solo buttons for tracks the local track mute and solo buttons do not work.

24.Freezing an audio track that has an IAA effect doesn’t record that effect.

25.AUs don't stay in sync and play with wonky timing the higher the latency setting is.

26.Bluetooth audio sample rate mismatch.

27.When between black keys response is deactivated the velocity spread on the white keys is not properly adjusted.

28.Timeline scrubbing missing.

————————-
    Non-bug related commentary regarding Cubasis 3 here:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/36275/cubasis-3-for-iphone-and-ipad-available#latest

• @LFS said:

@ipadbeatmaking said:
    I don’t know if this is a ‘bug’ but my Cubasis 2 IAP Dont transfer to iPhone also. Please advise @LFS

Hi @ipadbeatmaking,

These are the steps to transfer your Cubasis 2 in-app purchases to Cubasis 3 on the iPad:

• Make sure Cubasis 2.8.2 is installed on your iPad
    • Launch Cubasis 3 and open the in-app shop
    • Follow the instructions shown in the IAP Transfer pop-up

Once done, the IAP's should be stored to your App Store account and synced.

Best,
    Lars

I did all of that and they are restored on iPad. But not iPhone. No restorable purchases available. Please advise.

• @AmpApps

you forgot or overlooked my personal number one:

AUs don't stay in sync and play with wonky timing the higher the latency setting is.
    Usable only on the lowest setting (that eats cpu and battery for breakfast of course)

• @Crabman said:
    @AmpApps

you forgot or overlooked my personal number one:

AUs don't stay in sync and play with wonky timing the higher the latency setting is.
    Usable only on the lowest setting (that eats cpu and battery for breakfast of course)

Where can I actually change the latency settings? I only find "hardware latency" in the "audio" tab in Setup. Is this the right one?

• 1 Bluetooth audio is playing back at a very low sample rate.

2 Imported audio plays back at the wrong speed when using Bluetooth audio.

Works fine when using wired headphones.

Sixth generation iPad iOS 13.3

@LFS