Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 - BUGS (on topic)

Comments

• @LeonKowalski said:

@Crabman said:
    @AmpApps

you forgot or overlooked my personal number one:

AUs don't stay in sync and play with wonky timing the higher the latency setting is.
    Usable only on the lowest setting (that eats cpu and battery for breakfast of course)

Where can I actually change the latency settings? I only find "hardware latency" in the "audio" tab in Setup. Is this the right one?

yes

• edited January 2020

Summary/Title:

Punch in punch out don’t work

Description:

If punch in, punch out and track record buttons are activated, pressing play or record don’t record anything between locators.

Expected Results:

If punch in/out is activated, recording should be made between left and right locators automatically.

Actual Results:

Does nothing at all.

Environment:
    iOs13.3 Cubasis 3 iPhone 7 Plus audio/midi recordings.

• @Crabman said:

@LeonKowalski said:

@Crabman said:
    @AmpApps

AUs don't stay in sync and play with wonky timing the higher the latency setting is.
    Usable only on the lowest setting (that eats cpu and battery for breakfast of course)

Where can I actually change the latency settings? I only find "hardware latency" in the "audio" tab in Setup. Is this the right one?

yes

Thanks a lot! 👍

• @BT1 said:
    1 Bluetooth audio is playing back at a very low sample rate.

2 Imported audio plays back at the wrong speed when using Bluetooth audio.

Works fine when using wired headphones.

Sixth generation iPad iOS 13.3

@LFS

Hi @BT1,

Thank you for your message.

Please check these steps to

• Make sure your Bluetooth device is paired with the iPad
    • Please go to Setup/Audio
    • Please tap the "Output Device" button and choose your BT device
    • Enable "Blutooth / AirPlay" via tapping the corresponding button

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

• @LeonKowalski said:

@Crabman said:
    @AmpApps

Hi @LeonKowalski,

Please go to "Setup/Audio" and choose your setting under "Hardware Latency".

Thanks,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@BT1 said:

@LFS

Hi @BT1,

Please check these steps to

• Make sure your Bluetooth device is paired with the iPad
    • Please go to Setup/Audio
    • Please tap the "Output Device" button and choose your BT device
    • Enable "Blutooth / AirPlay" via tapping the corresponding button

Hope that helps!

Best,
    Lars

@LFS

I have already done that and I still get the problem.

• @BT1 said:

@LFS

I have seen this too, but it doesn't seem to happen immediately, it does work for a bit and then stops, I have been trying to figure out what the trigger is for it to stop working.....

• edited January 2020

Deleted

• @cloudswimmer There was never a problem with the latency setting itself,it has to do with the fact that if you run AUs that have own sequencer (or midi FX like the rozeta suite) don't stay in sync the higher the latency is.Has nothing to with your example.

Please use this thread for everything not bug related,thanks. https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/36275/cubasis-3-for-iphone-and-ipad-available#latest

• edited January 2020

Delete

• edited January 2020

Duplicate .. delete

• @LFS have you seen this one?

@Janosax said:
    Summary/Title:

Description:

If punch in, punch out and track record buttons are activated, pressing play or record don’t record anything between locators.

Expected Results:

If punch in/out is activated, recording should be made between left and right locators automatically.

Actual Results:

Does nothing at all.

Environment:

• @Janosax said:
    @LFS have you seen this one?

@Janosax said:
    Summary/Title:

Description:

Expected Results:

Actual Results:

Does nothing at all.

Environment:

Hi @Janosax,

Sorry for my late reply.

Thank you for your report which has been added to the list:

CBT-1339 Punch in punch out don’t work

Best wishes,
    Lars

• @LFS apologies if this has already been reported

Summary/Title:

MIDI start/stop does not work

Description:

MIDI Clock is enabled, but starting/stopping transport in Cubasis does not start/stop Korg Volca Drum. Tested in Cubasis 2 and it works flawlessly: MIDI clock enabled in Cubasis will start/stop Korg Volca Drum.

Expected Results:

If MIDI clock is enabled in Cubasis 3, starting/stopping transport in Cubasis 3 should start/stop attached devices set to receive clock/transport.

Actual Results:

Korg Volca Drum does not start/stop.

Environment:

iOS 13.3 Cubasis 3, iPad Pro 12.9

Note: I know it was probably not your decision to release Cubasis 3 when it was released, but please make sure that management understands that premature release of the app has caused a tremendous amount of damage to Steinberg’s reputation on iOS. The fact that basic functionality, such as MIDI clock, is broken in Cubasis 3 but worked perfectly fine in Cubasis 2 is disheartening. I remain hopeful that these issues will be fixed, hopefully as soon as possible, but they shouldn’t be there in the first place. Thanks, as ever, for your participation on this forum, and for your patience in serving as Cubasis whipping boy. :smile:

• LFSLFS
    edited January 2020

@papertiger said:
    @LFS apologies if this has already been reported

Summary/Title:

MIDI start/stop does not work

Description:

MIDI Clock is enabled, but starting/stopping transport in Cubasis does not start/stop Korg Volca Drum. Tested in Cubasis 2 and it works flawlessly: MIDI clock enabled in Cubasis will start/stop Korg Volca Drum.

Expected Results:

If MIDI clock is enabled in Cubasis 3, starting/stopping transport in Cubasis 3 should start/stop attached devices set to receive clock/transport.

Actual Results:

Korg Volca Drum does not start/stop.

Environment:

iOS 13.3 Cubasis 3, iPad Pro 12.9

Hi @papertiger,

Thank you for your report.

Please note that the issue already is included in our known issues list, planned to be addressed in the next Cubasis maintenance update.

Thanks
    Lars

• @LFS not sure this has been reported already, but I haven't seen it so far:

Summary/Title:

Mixdown to M4A not working with 96 kHz audio

Description:

Mixing a project containing 96 kHz / 24 bit audio to a M4A file results in an empty audio file. Changing the project's sample rate to 48kHz fixes the problem. M4A bitrate was setto either 192 or 256.

Expected Results:

m4a file should contain the audio mix

Actual Results:

m4a file is 28 bytes long and doesn't contain any audio

Environment:

iOS 13.3 Cubasis 3.0.0.42, iPad Pro 10.5

• edited January 2020

Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, I’ve looked at known issue list and the Cubasis forums. This seems a bit obvious so I presume it’s discussed (or I’m a muppet)

Adding a midi effect (I.e. Step poly arp AU) to a midi track with midi notes, just stops any midi playing on that track. Disabling the midi effect causes the track midi notes to play again). It’s exactly the same setup I have on Cubasis 2 which is affecting the midi notes correctly (I.e. applying and arp and augmenting midi output) I can give more details but I can replicate with any apps. Is this feature no longer supported or is it a bug?

Thanks

• @skoptic said:
    Apologies if this is covered elsewhere, I’ve looked at known issue list and the Cubasis forums. This seems a bit obvious so I presume it’s discussed (or I’m a muppet)

Adding a midi effect (I.e. Step poly arp AU) to a midi track with midi notes, just stops any midi playing on that track. Disabling the midi effect causes the track midi notes to play again). It’s exactly the same setup I have on Cubasis 2 which is affecting the midi notes correctly (I.e. applying and arp and augmenting midi output) I can give more details but I can replicate with any apps. Is this feature no longer supported or is it a bug?

Thanks

Hi,

Make your life easy, and continue using C2, C3 is currently totally unusable, it is a great promise, but it has been a month and we are still waiting ... every day I return to the forum only to review if an update already exists .. .

Regards ...

• @chandi said:

@skoptic said:

Thanks

Hi,

Make your life easy, and continue using C2, C3 is currently totally unusable, it is a great promise, but it has been a month and we are still waiting ... every day I return to the forum only to review if an update already exists .. .

Regards ...

Thanks - I’d love to know if this is expected or not though? @LFS

• @ALB said:
    Reporting Form

Error message when importing audio from AudioShare

Description
    No matter how short or long the sample wav from AudioShare, I receive the error message “Sorry there is a problem trying to import a sound from AudioShare”
    Steps: Media > Audio > My Audio Files > My Samples > Import > AudioShare > highlight sample > import into app (in AudioShare)

Expected Results
    I expected to be able to import audio from AudioShare. This happens even if it is a short drum hit.

Environment
    iPad Pro 10.5 ios 13.3

Hi @ALB,

We are working on the Cubasis 3.0.1 maintenance update.

Currently we're unable to reproduce your AudioShare issue (CBT-1302 Error message when importing audio from AudioShare).

Please let us know if you still encounter the issue.
    If so, please provide us with further steps to reproduce the problem.

Thank you in advance!

Best wishes,
    Lars

• LFSLFS
    edited January 2020

@skoptic said:

@chandi said:

@skoptic said:

Thanks

Hi,

Regards ...

Thanks - I’d love to know if this is expected or not though? @LFS

Hi @skoptic,

While Cubasis 3 seems to work fine for many users, other users encounter serious issues.
    Please note that we are working on a maintenance fix, which is planned to address several problems mentioned.

Best wishes,
    Lars

• LFSLFS
    edited January 2020

@skoptic said:

Thanks

Hi @skoptic,

Thanks for your message.

Unfortunately I'm not equipped with StepPolyArp, but loaded several Rozeta MIDI effects which seem to work as expected.
    Did you check the "Rec To Track" and "MIDI Thru" buttons settings in the MIDI FX rack, to see if these have to be set accordingly?

If the problem persists, please do me a favour and let us have a step description to reproduce the issue.

Thanks in advance,
    Lars

• LFSLFS
    edited January 2020

@Crabman said:
    2.Freezing a track in real time (tried it with the same combination of Rozeta XoX and Ruismaker)
    results in a glitchfest wavefile.Also reproducible every time.

Hi @Crabman,

We are in preparation of the Cubasis 3.0.1 maintenance update.

So far we're unable to reproduce the following issues previously reported by you:

CBT-1292 Freezing a track in real time results in a glitchfest wavefile
    CBT-1291 Reopen C3 does not reload Rozeta X0X (driving Ruismaker)

If the problem persists, please let us know about the steps to reproduce them.

In addition, it might be helpful for us if you would share the project which shows the issue(s) with our engineering.

Thank you for your support!

Best wishes,
    Lars

• Is it a bug if its not there? If rewritten from the ground up, who in the team came up with the idea of creating 8 insert slots and no Plug In Delay Compensation. Wtf ;)

• @LFS said:

@skoptic said:

Thanks

Hi @skoptic,

Thanks for your message.

Unfortunately I'm not equipped with StepPolyArp, but loaded several Rozeta MIDI effects which seem to work as expected.
    Did you check the "Rec To Track" and "MIDI Thru" buttons settings in the MIDI FX rack, to see if these have to be set accordingly?

If the problem persists, please do me a favour and let us have a step description to reproduce the issue.

Thanks in advance,
    Lars

Thanks - was all configured fine, in the end a fresh install resolved it, weird - but at least it’s working :)

• add to the list. low quality audio with bluetooth headphones.

• @eross said:
    add to the list. low quality audio with bluetooth headphones.

Hi @eross,

We're unable to reproduce this, Bluetooth speakers and headphones works as expected at our end.

Please give these steps a try:
    1 - iPad: Go to the iOS settings and connect your bluetooth device with the iPad
    2 - Launch Cubasis 3
    3 - In Cubasis 3: Go to Setup/Audio and enable "Bluetooth / Air Play"

Please let me know your results.

Best,
    Lars

• @skoptic said:

@LFS said:

@skoptic said:

Thanks

Hi @skoptic,

Thanks for your message.

Thanks in advance,
    Lars

Thanks - was all configured fine, in the end a fresh install resolved it, weird - but at least it’s working :)

Glad to hear you've been able to sort out the issue, @skoptic!
    Thanks for the update!

Best,
    Lars

• @LFS said:

@eross said:
    add to the list. low quality audio with bluetooth headphones.

Hi @eross,

We're unable to reproduce this, Bluetooth speakers and headphones works as expected at our end.

Please give these steps a try:
    1 - iPad: Go to the iOS settings and connect your bluetooth device with the iPad
    2 - Launch Cubasis 3
    3 - In Cubasis 3: Go to Setup/Audio and enable "Bluetooth / Air Play"

Please let me know your results.

Best,
    Lars

same results. there is audio but the quality is very bad. If i use another app like Aum, it does just fine with my bluetooth headphones. not sure what the difference is

• @ALB said:
    Reporting Form

Error message when importing audio from AudioShare

Description
    No matter how short or long the sample wav from AudioShare, I receive the error message “Sorry there is a problem trying to import a sound from AudioShare”
    Steps: Media > Audio > My Audio Files > My Samples > Import > AudioShare > highlight sample > import into app (in AudioShare)

Expected Results
    I expected to be able to import audio from AudioShare. This happens even if it is a short drum hit.

Environment
    iPad Pro 10.5 ios 13.3

Hi @ALB,

We are working on the Cubasis 3.0.1 maintenance update.

Currently we're unable to reproduce your AudioShare issue (CBT-1302 Error message when importing audio from AudioShare).

Please let us know if you still encounter the issue.
    If so, please provide us with further steps to reproduce the problem.

Thank you in advance!

Best wishes,
    Lars

Hi @ALB,

Thank you for commenting the issue again via private message.
    Since the problem no longer occurs, the bug entry will be closed.

Best,
    Lars