Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 - BUGS (on topic)

14567810»

Comments

• @god said:
    Not really a bug, more like UI rant, in the "rename" modal window, the "OK" button is on the left side and the "Cancel" button is on the right, which to me feels incorrect. They need to have their positions reversed. Just my opinion.

You want abnormal! Dialogs normally read OK Cancel. Right from the Lisa onward.

• godgod
    edited January 2021

@MadGav said:

@god said:
    Not really a bug, more like UI rant, in the "rename" modal window, the "OK" button is on the left side and the "Cancel" button is on the right, which to me feels incorrect. They need to have their positions reversed. Just my opinion.

That is whack!
    I never used a Mac, and in pretty much any platform that I have used, the "Cancel" in pretty much all dialogues was on the left. For languages read from right to left, the buttons should be reversed and Cancel needs to be on the right. The reason for this is - when reading or writing from left to right it makes sense that the confirmation will flow with the direction of action while cancel is like undo so it should be like a step back.

There are no real guidelines about this and no principles AFAIK.

• I never used a Mac, and in pretty much any platform that I have used, the "Cancel" in pretty much all dialogues was on the left.

What about Windows? Cancel is always on the right...

• edited January 2021

@god said:

From Apple's Human Interface Guidelines:

Place buttons where people expect them.
    In general, buttons people are most likely to tap should be on the right.
    Cancel buttons should always be on the left.

• @god said:

@MadGav said:

@god said:

That is whack!
    I never used a Mac, and in pretty much any platform that I have used, the "Cancel" in pretty much all dialogues was on the left. > @blakkaz said:

@god said:

Thank you!

So yeah, the positions of the buttons in the dialogues in Cubasis 3 are in the “wrong” order.

• @god said:

@god said:

@MadGav said:

@god said:

That is whack!
    I never used a Mac, and in pretty much any platform that I have used, the "Cancel" in pretty much all dialogues was on the left. > @blakkaz said:

@god said:

Thank you!

So yeah, the positions of the buttons in the dialogues in Cubasis 3 are in the “wrong” order.

Yep! Can see the too much time this dev now spends on Windows 😂

• @LFS Cubasis does not seem to remember the mixers width setting (S,M,XL) between app launches and defaults to M.

BUG: Cubasis 3's mixer forgets the width setting (S,M,XL) when I quit the app and defaults to M on next app launch.
    Suggested Behavior: Mixer 'remembers' its width setting...

Device, iPad Air 2, iPadOS14.3, Cubasis 3.2.1.

• @LFS I don't know if this is 'by design' or BUG in Cubasis 3?

When using plug-ins containing a sequencer (for example Koala connected via IAA) the playback of the plug-in starts immediately when pressing record instead of waiting until the count-in has finished while recording starts after count-in.

Expected behavior would be to start playback of the plug-ins once count-in has finished.

My current solution is to disable count-in in Cubasis 3.

Cheers!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @ehehehe said:
    When I create a new midi track it sometimes populates it with a multi-out version of the plugin from the track above, anyone else noticed this?

Yepp, that seems to be 'a thing' if the currently selected track has a plug-in supports that multiple outs when creating a new midi-track. I wish Cubasis had an option to create empty midi-tracks with no instrument pre-selected...

• @ehehehe said:
    When I create a new midi track it sometimes populates it with a multi-out version of the plugin from the track above, anyone else noticed this?

Confirmed here too. I get so annoyed by it, I have an empty midi track as my last track and always add a new track after the empty track (then reposition as needed).