Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hammond B-3X by IK Multimedia

Comments

• @mistercharlie said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mistercharlie said:

@OnfraySin said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Blimey they were not kidding when they said app prices need to start reflecting desktop VST,s maybe this is the start!

In fact, we need more products as this price, and not bargains at 5€

+1. If Beatmaker, for instance, cost the same as Ableton, I wouldn't be nearly so worried about its future.

If BM3 was priced the same as Ableton, how many do you think they would have sold?

Exactly the problem. iOS music app buyers are unwilling to pay a reasonable price for anything.

And why do you think that is?

• @mistercharlie said:

@MonzoPro said:

@mistercharlie said:

@OnfraySin said:

@Jumpercollins said:
    Blimey they were not kidding when they said app prices need to start reflecting desktop VST,s maybe this is the start!

In fact, we need more products as this price, and not bargains at 5€

+1. If Beatmaker, for instance, cost the same as Ableton, I wouldn't be nearly so worried about its future.

If BM3 was priced the same as Ableton, how many do you think they would have sold?

Exactly the problem. iOS music app buyers are unwilling to pay a reasonable price for anything.

I'm with you.

I used to read complaints about price worthy of r/ChoosingBegars from iOS music app users

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Yes if Ableton Live exact copy or Logic Pro X was to be offered at 100 to 150 would probably be tempted but that won't happen in the current ios world that I can see.

Ableton Intro on iPad for $99. I'm dreaming about it

• Feel free to pay double or triple the price of any app you buy, making a donation to the devs. Easy.

• That said.. Did anyone buy this?

• @RajahP said:
    That said.. Did anyone buy this?

I'm guessing @mistercharlie and @OnfraySin have, since they're so keen to support high prices on iOS.

• @MonzoPro said:

@RajahP said:

I'm guessing @mistercharlie and @OnfraySin have, since they're so keen to support high prices on iOS.

Oh, beatiful post hoc fallacy. Congratulations!

• @OnfraySin said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RajahP said:

So have you?

• I don’t object to the price, developers can charge whatever is needed to recoup their investment. However organ sounds are not my thing so I’ll pass but I’m happy to see IK on the platform.

It’s not the first time they’ve had expensive apps BTW, Syntronik and Lurrssen are both in that price ballpark.

• Full Syntronik iOS is about $50 USD as at the time of posting and I'm guessing is much more 'featured' than B-3X if you could possibly compare the two.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Vaultnaemsae said:
    Full Syntronik iOS is about $50 USD as at the time of posting and I'm guessing is much more 'featured' than B-3X if you could possibly compare the two.

It's on sale though isn't it? At launch it was $90, and they also released an expansion later on.

• Chancers

• Price seems reasonable if you’re into an official branded and by all accounts most authentic Hammond emulation. It’s not going to be for everybody but the price is a 1/3 of the desktop.

• Not touching this until they release a demo, like they did with Syntronik.

• Wonder if they send a copy to Doug?

• @gusgranite said:
    Favourite Facebook comment:

“I’d have to sell an organ to afford it”.

:D

• If it sounds properly good £100 I think is reasonable for a full featured Hammond with everything anyone might need. Bit annoying that $100 actually converts to £75 at the moment 😠
    I think we are genuinely spoilt by the likes of the Moog apps and NeoSoul Keys being as cheap as they are, I couldn’t believe they were such good value, and sounded so amazing, when I first discovered them.
    Nevertheless I will wait for demos and the inevitable sale at some point.

• This price is fine. As long as the sounds/samples are desktop class and not stripped down. I’d rather they released it on iOS and gave us an option to buy it at all vs desktop only where they know people expect to pay.

That FX section looks nice....kinda wish they would drop those individual plugins! I need an 1176 on vocals! Anyone think it possible to use this on an audio track, route the audio thru, and only use the Fx section?

• @Faland said:
    Feel free to pay double or triple the price of any app you buy, making a donation to the devs. Easy.

You and @MonzoPro are misrepresenting what people are saying about how the low prices create an ecosystem that makes it virtually impossible for iOS music app developers to make a decent living.

No one WANTS to pay more but some of us realize that the low prices are not good for the long term prospects and we are willing to pay higher prices for good products in the hopes of supporting a healthy ecosystem.

It isn't about throwing money away.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Faland said:
    Feel free to pay double or triple the price of any app you buy, making a donation to the devs. Easy.

You and @MonzoPro are misrepresenting what people are saying about how the low prices create an ecosystem that makes it virtually impossible for iOS music app developers to make a decent living.

No one WANTS to pay more but some of us realize that the low prices are not good for the long term prospects and we are willing to pay higher prices for good products in the hopes of supporting a healthy ecosystem.

Exactly.

• edited December 2019

@espiegel123 said:

Where am I misrepresenting what people are saying? Point that out please.

The two comments I responded to were:

iOS music app buyers are unwilling to pay a reasonable price for anything.

and

I used to read complaints about price worthy of r/ChoosingBegars from iOS music app users

Which to me, suggests THEY were misrepresenting app buyers in general. We don't want to pay a reasonable price, and are beggars, with a huge sense of entitlement apparently. That old insult again.

My response was, since they think we're all beggars and have stated they are more than happy to pay the price stated, did they buy the app in question? If not, then it's starting up the same old arguement for the sake of it, that comes around every few weeks and always ends up causing bad feeling.

@espiegel123 said:

So put the prices up then. See what happens. No-one is forcing devs to price the apps at what they are, but if market forces don't support them and they make less sales, then there's no point in ranting on here about it.

If you think they deserve more, buy this app. Make donations. Spread the word, that's what I do.

What do you do?

• @ipadbeatmaking said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Faland said:

Exactly.

Explain.

• edited December 2019

I guess the high price comes due to licensing fees since it’s an official port.

Or they think it’s that much worth because it is „official“.

• ...would be an instant buy, only it’s also for iPhone...so please make it ready for an universal app!!!

• @MonzoPro said:

@OnfraySin said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RajahP said:

So have you?

Blocked.

• 109.99 euros?..... Mmmmmmm.. Sounds like Mr Cock Up is in town, on the App Store?... I hope @ikmultimedia could elaborate this?.... If they are know about this.. I remember years ago, this happened to FL Studio 2 app... It was wrongly priced.. I was hoping that one day they could bring MODO Bass across, even T Racks 5.?... But only can wait & see?.. I’m sure its a mistake on the iTunes?....... Hope?.... “Gulp!”...

• @mistercharlie said:

@MonzoPro said:

@OnfraySin said:

@MonzoPro said:

@RajahP said:

So have you?

Blocked.

Yeah that's right, jump into the thread and criticise iOS music app buyers for being "unwilling to pay a reasonable price for anything", but then run and hide when asked if you yourself bought the app in question.

• Would be awesome to have just my iPad or better my iPhone hooked up to this...

https://www.genuinesoundware.com/?a=showproduct&b=42

• @MonzoPro said:
    Explain.

Explain what?

@espiegel123 said:
    low prices create an ecosystem that makes it virtually impossible for iOS music app developers to make a decent living.

Seems self explanatory. And I agree.

@espiegel123 said:

Also, self explanatory. And I also agree.