Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hammond B-3X by IK Multimedia

Comments

• @wingwizard said:
    The extremely low quality of your previous apps, pianos, electric pianos and samples as well as hardware relative to all the competition, as is the overwhelming consensus among app users, seeing as you asked. Passive aggressive posting as an anonymous rep of a company, and attempting to belittle consumers and their opinion is really professional though and not at all weirdly defensive; well done.

I think that's really unfair, I don't think IK apps are "really low quality compared to the competition". They were very early adopters of the platform, and released sample-based instruments when an iPad 2 was the latest device, which obviously meant that compromises had to be made. iGrand and iLectric sound surprisingly good when you consider the sample sets they are using.

Amplitube and Syntronik both sound stellar, and SampleTank also has some excellent libraries such as the American Acoustic.

I really don't understand the unrelenting negativity of this forum, first everyone complains about a lack of "Pro" apps, then when one gets released it's an endless moan about the price. The Cubasis 3 thread is a bit better, but even that is full of price moaning, for a £50 DAW.

• @ikmultimedia said:

@realdawei said:
    ...vendor not so much.

Why? Is there anything I can look into for you? Let me know, you can PM if there are personal details, ticket numbers, etc. Thank you.

@wingwizard said:
    ...But the main thing is... It’s IK multimedia. Hard pass regardless of price. Plus mega lols.

Same question, and adding Hammond/Suzuki didn't "mega lol" over our modeling technology or how we brought their sound to people virtually, nor is anybody laughing at Erik Norlander's acccomplishments, deep knowledge, and top credibility in the industry which also drove Hammond B-3X. I think only certain people laugh at such accomplished companies and people, most applaud their achievements as all parties involved have some great achievements to be proud of rather than worry about an anonymous person laughing at them or the company that they are part of on the internet.

With regard to neither of the two quotes above, I see sampling mentioned but Hammond B-3X is hybrid and leans more on modeling than samples. So this isn't a simple sample library that can be "repackaged" or whatnot. Just to make sure that is not confusing anybody reading other comments in that thread.

Beyond that, thank you for the pricing discussion. It was obviously not a mistake as someone had posted they wrote to us about and Hammond B-3X is a premium app that we feel is worth the full price and are offering it for the introductory price you see now as a special offer. If it is not worth that to you, of course you may pass on it. Hammond B-3X Mac/PC was very well-received and we received constant inquiries whether we could make it work on iOS. We did, as you can see.

I hope you enjoy our new app, and if you do not that's cool too - keep making music with whatever suits your needs and/or your budget.

That's what i call a clear and respectful answer.

• @wingwizard : there is not overwhelming negative opinion. As you can see from the three postings directly above, not everyone shares YOUR opinion. You are entitled to your view, but please don't try to pass your opinion as consensus. I don't doubt that others may share your opinion, but none of us knows how representative our opinions are. Simply counting posts on bulletin boards is not an accurate way of determining consensus.

There serious gigging musicians that dig some of their products. (Some of whom made me aware of iK in the first place).

• Respectfully, if you bought into the first version you paid £48 and now another £50 plus IAP’s it does start to add up. The moaning isn’t for a £50 DAW for me, it’s about paying some of that £50 for development of an iPhone app! Not on! To keep on this topic I would buy this but funds don’t allow - I think, in the right hands, it sounds fantastic.

@richardyot said:

..............The Cubasis 3 thread is a bit better, but even that is full of price moaning, for a £50 DAW.

• @ajmiller said:
    Respectfully, if you bought into the first version you paid £48 and now another £50 plus IAP’s it does start to add up. The moaning isn’t for a £50 DAW for me, it’s about paying some of that £50 for development of an iPhone app! Not on! To keep on this topic I would buy this but funds don’t allow - I think, in the right hands, it sounds fantastic.

In the right hands, Galileo (2) organ sounds fantastic too. I've compared the B-3X sounds in the great IK demo with some Galileo 2 presets and there was no sound that cane even close.
    Then I started playing with the different tone wheel models, changed the key clock behaviour and added a bunch of effects, now it's much closer.
    Galileo 2 is great but one may have to spend some time with it to make it sound really good.
    And then there's Eventide Rotary, another great and low-cost effect that sounds good and quite different from the ones that come with Galileo 2.

• Agree - I did go back to Galileo2 and have a play around. For what I need - jam tracks to improv to - it does the job. As has been said before if I was a gigging musician using B3 this would be a great replacement. I can’t justify the cost though but wish I could!

@rs2000 said:
    In the right hands, Galileo (2) organ sounds fantastic too. I've compared the B-3X sounds in the great IK demo with some Galileo 2 presets and there was no sound that cane even close.
    Then I started playing with the different tone wheel models, changed the key clock behaviour and added a bunch of effects, now it's much closer.
    Galileo 2 is great but one may have to spend some time with it to make it sound really good.
    And then there's Eventide Rotary, another great and low-cost effect that sounds good and quite different from the ones that come with Galileo 2.

• @ajmiller said:
    Agree - I did go back to Galileo2 and have a play around. For what I need - jam tracks to improv to - it does the job. As has been said before if I was a gigging musician using B3 this would be a great replacement. I can’t justify the cost though but wish I could!

@rs2000 said:

When I find the time after christmas, I might build and share a few Galileo 2 presets loosely inspired by the B-3X but I better don't promise anything yet, too many other exciting projects ;)

• @robertreynolds said:

I’m sure your third party relationships are top notch, but your business practices reflect anything but the motto “Musicians First”. You have every right to defend your company but we also have every right to say, “friends don’t let friends buy IK”.

Feel free to PM the details as I don't read any details here about business practices that you don't like. I'd be glad to relay less generalized feelings about IK, but I can't relay what you've posted as it is just saying you think we suck without details why.

@espiegel123 said:
    @robertreynolds : you have the right to your opinion. I am happy with a number of iK products. I disagree with your suggestion that people discourage others from getting any iK products. Maybe they aren't a good fit for everyone but lots of people like some of their products, too.

Thank you. We definitely make some great and well-regarded apps and hardware, but no product is for every single person like you point out.

@wingwizard said:

The extremely low quality of your previous apps, pianos, electric pianos and samples as well as hardware relative to all the competition, as is the overwhelming consensus among app users, seeing as you asked. Passive aggressive posting as an anonymous rep of a company, and attempting to belittle consumers and their opinion is really professional though and not at all weirdly defensive; well done.

You are entitled to your opinion but many feel our apps are not low quality, nor is our hardware. But again, your opinion is of course valid as a subjective opinion. We'll let the bulk of the market speak with their wallets, use of our products and such to attest the quality of our apps and hardware. We've been in the mobile music market from the beginning and stay strong for that reason, we are made up almost entirely of musicians who are passionate about every product we make and put out products we would (and do) use and enjoy. Has every one been perfect? Of course not, but we adapt and improve and keep making an incredibly diverse line of quality music production tools.

I'm sorry you feel that believing in our products and company and posting asking for more information when generalities are thrown at them/it so I can take specifics to the right people. I'm a manager here, not some intern/drone and can affect change but I'm seeing more generalizations than specific issues or concerns. Maybe that's what you feel is "passive-aggressive"? I'd argue that hurling general insults at a company, its products, and even its representatives is more passive-aggressive than my postings. Clearly I was not belittling anybody by offering to hear specific concerns and help, but again you are entitled to your opinion. Even if it is wrong ;) Joking, of course. No opinion is wrong. It's an opinion and subjective by nature, I was making a joke that I assume you'll take the wrong way.

• @ikmultimedia personally I hope to see more of your offerings come over to iOS, and I really dig the recent Marshall amp pack in Amplitube, it's one of the best sounding options on iOS (as was the Fender pack that was released a couple of years ago).

• @ikmultimedia said:

@robertreynolds said:

I’m sure your third party relationships are top notch, but your business practices reflect anything but the motto “Musicians First”. You have every right to defend your company but we also have every right to say, “friends don’t let friends buy IK”.

Feel free to PM the details as I don't read any details here about business practices that you don't like. I'd be glad to relay less generalized feelings about IK, but I can't relay what you've posted as it is just saying you think we suck without details why.

@espiegel123 said:
    @robertreynolds : you have the right to your opinion. I am happy with a number of iK products. I disagree with your suggestion that people discourage others from getting any iK products. Maybe they aren't a good fit for everyone but lots of people like some of their products, too.

Thank you. We definitely make some great and well-regarded apps and hardware, but no product is for every single person like you point out.

@wingwizard said:

You are entitled to your opinion but many feel our apps are not low quality, nor is our hardware. But again, your opinion is of course valid as a subjective opinion. We'll let the bulk of the market speak with their wallets, use of our products and such to attest the quality of our apps and hardware. We've been in the mobile music market from the beginning and stay strong for that reason, we are made up almost entirely of musicians who are passionate about every product we make and put out products we would (and do) use and enjoy. Has every one been perfect? Of course not, but we adapt and improve and keep making an incredibly diverse line of quality music production tools.

I'm sorry you feel that believing in our products and company and posting asking for more information when generalities are thrown at them/it so I can take specifics to the right people. I'm a manager here, not some intern/drone and can affect change but I'm seeing more generalizations than specific issues or concerns. Maybe that's what you feel is "passive-aggressive"? I'd argue that hurling general insults at a company, its products, and even its representatives is more passive-aggressive than my postings. Clearly I was not belittling anybody by offering to hear specific concerns and help, but again you are entitled to your opinion. Even if it is wrong ;) Joking, of course. No opinion is wrong. It's an opinion and subjective by nature, I was making a joke that I assume you'll take the wrong way.

Any word on an Auv3 Sampletank upgrade?

Thanks..

• @RajahP said:

Thanks..

Ah sorry, I didn't type out my thoughts there. I saw it and will hit up the devs/PM there on that. Personally I'd love to see full-fledged SampleTank 4 hit iOS too, so I'll push that agenda while I do, too :smile:

• edited December 2019

@ikmultimedia said:

@RajahP said:

Thanks..

Ah sorry, I didn't type out my thoughts there. I saw it and will hit up the devs/PM there on that. Personally I'd love to see full-fledged SampleTank 4 hit iOS too, so I'll push that agenda while I do, too :smile:

Cool.. Ikmultimedia does great Lite versions too.. I guess that is how I ended up with Sampletank 2, then 3 on desktop.

• @Telstar5 said:
    @ikmultimedia : Good for you for offering pushback. I don’t think the app is too expensive . It sounds AND looks great.
    Now for my question.
    . As a Sampletank ll owner .. Is there ANY chance of seeing it as an auv3 at some point ? SampleTank 4 is just so awesome . It would be great to have an iPad version, even slightly stripped down as in Syntronik which I also own.
    Lastly for the record I’ve always gotten prompt responses via email from IK. Ignore the haters. You’re doing great work and a new edition of Sampletank for iOS could represent a lot of the future of this platform . A full featured sequencer within Sampletank would be great also .

Sorry I had missed this, see above and apologies for missing this and the question below.

@TimRussell said:
    So £99 is an introductory price?
    What will the eventual full price be?

$/€129.99

• @RajahP said:

@ikmultimedia said:

@RajahP said:

Thanks..

Cool.. Ikmultimedia does great Lite versions too.. I guess that is how I ended up with Sampletank 2, then 3 on desktop.

Ah yes, and currently we have SampleTank 4 SE as the "litest" version at the moment. I've also relayed some requests on the desktop/lite version front too. 2020 should be a great time on both mobile/iOS and Mac/PC fronts. Even beyond scratching the Joe Satriani itch for fans of him, his tone, his gear. There are some pieces of gear up for inclusion there that really stand on their own (well, most/all of it but some real standouts including one I've wanted fora long time - the ol' Rockman) regardless of being models of Joe's own units.

• @ikmultimedia : I would also really love to see SampleTank as an AU or at the very least, if they would implement MIDI input configuration so that you can set SampleTank to ignore a connected midi input device.

• @ikmultimedia said:

@robertreynolds said:

IK has always left a bad taste in my mouth. Fortunately your products are not interesting enough to me to try and change your company’s culture (and yes, your business practices are the result of your culture).

You want a specific example of a non-customer friendly business practice? People who want to sell their IK hardware need to pay a $20 transfer fee to prevent the next owner from being locked out of firmware or software updates. This is not clearly stated in any of your marketing materials or during the registration process. I’m sure IK will argue that this fee helps support future development. I’d argue that once you’ve released a hardware product you’re already committed to providing a certain number of updates to firsthand owners. Even if you’re right that second hand owners should continue to pay IK long into the future, why not just make it clear up front?

• @ikmultimedia: iPhone support? - will be insta buy (and would be cool if also for just $ 99.00 !)...

• Thank you @ikmultimedia for this brave pricing strategy.
    It's great for the overall platform of iOS music making. And, I believe it will push the medium forward for both musicians and developers.

Cheers,
    Matthew from AudioKit

• @wingwizard said:

@ikmultimedia said:

@realdawei said:
    ...vendor not so much.

Why? Is there anything I can look into for you? Let me know, you can PM if there are personal details, ticket numbers, etc. Thank you.

@wingwizard said:
    ...But the main thing is... It’s IK multimedia. Hard pass regardless of price. Plus mega lols.

Same question, and adding Hammond/Suzuki didn't "mega lol" over our modeling technology or how we brought their sound to people virtually, nor is anybody laughing at Erik Norlander's acccomplishments, deep knowledge, and top credibility in the industry which also drove Hammond B-3X. I think only certain people laugh at such accomplished companies and people, most applaud their achievements as all parties involved have some great achievements to be proud of rather than worry about an anonymous person laughing at them or the company that they are part of on the internet.

With regard to neither of the two quotes above, I see sampling mentioned but Hammond B-3X is hybrid and leans more on modeling than samples. So this isn't a simple sample library that can be "repackaged" or whatnot. Just to make sure that is not confusing anybody reading other comments in that thread.

Beyond that, thank you for the pricing discussion. It was obviously not a mistake as someone had posted they wrote to us about and Hammond B-3X is a premium app that we feel is worth the full price and are offering it for the introductory price you see now as a special offer. If it is not worth that to you, of course you may pass on it. Hammond B-3X Mac/PC was very well-received and we received constant inquiries whether we could make it work on iOS. We did, as you can see.

I hope you enjoy our new app, and if you do not that's cool too - keep making music with whatever suits your needs and/or your budget.

@ikmultimedia
    Totally disagree w the assessment of IK multimedia products being “poor quality”....I have Sampletank 2 in ios.. Couldn’t be further from the truth.
    $99 is a lot for the B3x app but the quality is off the charts not to mention the unbelievable visuL design..

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

On the other hand, it's refreshing to have a developer being honest rather than the idiotic "customer is always right" mentality.

Count me out of your "overwhelming consensus" among app users!**
    I'd be interested to know the factual source of that conclusion though? B)

** Perfectly happy with the many years of flawless service from my iRig Pro, and with Amplitube.

• @wim said:
    On the other hand, it's refreshing to have a developer being honest rather than the idiotic "customer is always right" mentality.

Exactly. It’s liberating when you realize not everybody is going to be my customer. Then you focus on your vision and move forward.

• @robertreynolds said:
    IK has always left a bad taste in my mouth. Fortunately your products are not interesting enough to me to try and change your company’s culture (and yes, your business practices are the result of your culture).

You want a specific example of a non-customer friendly business practice? People who want to sell their IK hardware need to pay a $20 transfer fee to prevent the next owner from being locked out of firmware or software updates. This is not clearly stated in any of your marketing materials or during the registration process. I’m sure IK will argue that this fee helps support future development. I’d argue that once you’ve released a hardware product you’re already committed to providing a certain number of updates to firsthand owners. Even if you’re right that second hand owners should continue to pay IK long into the future, why not just make it clear up front?

Sorry to hear that, and thanks for being honest that you aren't interested in our products to start off with so I understand that you feel IK products aren't right for you. About the transfers, yes we have transfer fees and there is a button in your IK User Area that should be mentioned in our FAQ and I believe elsewhere. However, we won't leave someone hanging for updates/firmware/etc. I know that our support team has taken care of people who have been unable to contact a seller or similar and they absolutely make sure the buyer is happy. We understand that not every situation is the same and want people to be happy even if the transfer may go south for whatever reason. I will, of course, relay your thoughts that the information is not clear enough up front. Thank you for that input.

• edited December 2019

I think this is a very interesting marketing decision however I still have issues with SampleTank and for that reason wouldn't want to put so much money down for Hammond B-3X. @ikmultimedia my tickets were all closed though a number of issues were never resolved though they were supposedly reported to the development team. One issue I had related to selecting songs in Multi mode. I found that when I tried to recall multiple instruments with splits and layers that I needed to reload the multis multiple times to get the split points to load properly as selecting the multi once loaded the instruments but didn't always load all the split points.

Also, I really wanted to try to use your app but couldn't get around my not being able to use an expression to bring in layers within a multi. I was told that MIDI Expression input from MIDI CC 11 was not yet implemented in SampleTank for iOS. Given these few bugs and the fact that Expression was not implemented I had to stop using the app despite having bought many additional sound packs. Instead I bought a Roland hardware module but of course would have preferred to simply have these things fixed / added into SampleTank. For the same reason I am concerned about buying Hammond B-3X for iOS. I currently use Galileo 2 as my B3 emulator but would consider Hammond B-3X for several reasons but I would want to be assured that it wouldn't have all the same types of "surprises" which I discovered in ST for iOS. That would be why it would have been good if there were a "lite" version of the app.

• edited December 2019

@ikmultimedia said:

@robertreynolds said:

@espiegel123 said:

@wingwizard said:

Clearly you were, and clearly you became defensive and clearly ‘some anonymous person online’ is belittling. I never hurled any general insults at a company, it’s product or it’s representatives if you were referring to me again. Anyway, thank you for assuming I’ll take your joke the wrong way... bit ironic... you do make a lot of assumptions about people.

I actually don’t mind at all and think it would serve you better to take that light attitude than your general ornery one, because you survive and make profit through the people you are talking to.

It would probably be best not to make disparaging comments about not being just “some intern/drone” in your other posts to as to be honest, a lot of interns are just trying to get somewhere, and do a lot better with regards to customer relations.

My “overwhelming majority” may have been wrong, i will admit that - it was based on attitudes I come across very frequently in the large ios musician group I am part of.

Not looking to argue online, waste of time.

And you are absolutely right that it’s people’s wallets that will tell the truth as I think developers who price apps at this point will discover. Just ask the Different Drummer dev.

• @wingwizard said:

@ikmultimedia said:

@robertreynolds said:

@espiegel123 said:

@wingwizard said:

Clearly you were, and clearly you became defensive and clearly ‘some anonymous person online’ is belittling. I never hurled any general insults at a company, it’s product or it’s representatives if you were referring to me again. Anyway, thank you for assuming I’ll take your joke the wrong way... bit ironic... you do make a lot of assumptions about people.

I actually don’t mind at all and think it would serve you better to take that light attitude than your general ornery one, because you survive and make profit through the people you are talking to.

It would probably be best not to make disparaging comments about not being just “some intern/drone” in your other posts to as to be honest, a lot of interns are just trying to get somewhere, and do a lot better with regards to customer relations.

My “overwhelming majority” may have been wrong, i will admit that - it was based on attitudes I come across very frequently in the large ios musician group I am part of.

And you are absolutely right that it’s people’s wallets that will tell the truth as I think developers who price apps at this point will discover. Just ask the Different Drummer dev.

this was fun...

• edited December 2019

@espiegel123 said:
    @wingwizard : there is not overwhelming negative opinion. As you can see from the three postings directly above, not everyone shares YOUR opinion. You are entitled to your view, but please don't try to pass your opinion as consensus. I don't doubt that others may share your opinion, but none of us knows how representative our opinions are. Simply counting posts on bulletin boards is not an accurate way of determining consensus.

There serious gigging musicians that dig some of their products. (Some of whom made me aware of iK in the first place).

This is true, and I’ve redacted that. I prob shouldn’t have said overwhelming majority and definitely didn’t mean to speak for others.. was just his unprofessionalism and it is the general attitude I’ve encountered in the largest iOS musician group online which tallies with my own experience. Although I have to say, not simply counting posts on bulletin boards works both ways.

In fairness, quality wise this app seems a lot better than sampletank which is a large part of the extremely low quality I was referring to, as well as te guitar connector irig maybe and the keyboards relative to all the competition.

• @Howard said:
    I think this is a very interesting marketing decision however I still have issues with SampleTank and for that reason wouldn't want to put so much money down for Hammond B-3X. @ikmultimedia my tickets were all closed though a number of issues were never resolved though they were supposedly reported to the development team. One issue I had related to selecting songs in Multi mode. I found that when I tried to recall multiple instruments with splits and layers that I needed to reload the multis multiple times to get the split points to load properly as selecting the multi once loaded the instruments but didn't always load all the split points.

Also, I really wanted to try to use your app but couldn't get around my not being able to use an expression to bring in layers within a multi. I was told that MIDI Expression input from MIDI CC 11 was not yet implemented in SampleTank for iOS. Given these few bugs and the fact that Expression was not implemented I had to stop using the app despite having bought many additional sound packs. Instead I bought a Roland hardware module but of course would have preferred to simply have these things fixed / added into SampleTank. For the same reason I am concerned about buying Hammond B-3X for iOS. I currently use Galileo 2 as my B3 emulator but would consider Hammond B-3X for several reasons but I would want to be assured that it wouldn't have all the same types of "surprises" which I discovered in ST for iOS. That would be why it would have been good if there were a "lite" version of the app.

Sorry to hear that. Our previous ticket system would market tickets "closed" but were still always available for reply (and the techs knew to continue on issues that weren't resolved) but the new system is much improved. Regardless of that, I am sure your tickets can be worked to completion and I'd like to know your ticket numbers so I can have our Support Manager look into what happened and make sure your issues are not left hanging and that they can improve further going forward. Please message your ticket numbers to me. Thank you.

• @wingwizard said:

@ikmultimedia said:

@robertreynolds said:

@espiegel123 said:

@wingwizard said:

I appreciate your input as to how I'm performing my job. I'll take your points into consideration. However, with all due respect I see more positive comments and have helped many over the just over 10 years I've been with IK and seem to see comments like yours from time to time that come from folks who for whatever reason I haven't been able to help and/or who may have a deeper bias against IK, its products, and/or its representative for whatever reason - or those who may not agree with what I posted and may just never be on board with IK products. And honestly, it does seem like you're interested in arguing online and you don't like me or my methods (I guess I'll live, though, can't be loved by everyone) but I'm glad you don't want to waste more time as you are firm in your position as I am in mine. I am willing to help if you do have specific issues, tickets, etc, so please do know that you can send me that information any time.

• I already thought Syntronik was one of the best sounding apps on iOS. But this year I got into IK on the desktop with their group buy. They are now among my favourite developers. Tapes, Leslie, Saturator X, EQs and comps are just brilliant.

I expect this app is best in class as well and if I played Hammond then I would be itching to jump in.

I have also heard concerns about IK customer history here and on KVR which maybe valid but in the last two years I cannot fault their public relations. They respond professionally and regularly.

Keep it up @ikmultimedia!

• @gusgranite said:
    I already thought Syntronik was one of the best sounding apps on iOS. But this year I got into IK on the desktop with their group buy. They are now among my favourite developers. Tapes, Leslie, Saturator X, EQs and comps are just brilliant.

I expect this app is best in class as well and if I played Hammond then I would be itching to jump in.

I have also heard concerns about IK customer history here and on KVR which maybe valid but in the last two years I cannot fault their public relations. They respond professionally and regularly.

Keep it up @ikmultimedia!

Thank you for the kind words. We have made improvements as our public-facing folks like our Support Manager & team, my team, and others here push and keep pushing for improvements on many different levels. Not to mention that some of the products you mention like the Tape Machine Collection and Hammond B-3X show the devs, product managers, and our quite brilliant CTO who is the brains behind all of that - including some great hardware like iLoud MTM are really all bringing a lot of power to the table and not just resting on any laurels.