Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Hammond B-3X by IK Multimedia

https://itunes.apple.com/app/id1484367101

Description:

Hammond B-3X is a next-level tonewheel organ app that gives you incredibly realistic sound & features. We’ve partnered with the Hammond Organ Company and Suzuki Musical Instruments to create the most immersive, authentic and powerful B-3 experience for use live on stage or as a plug-in inside recording apps.

The sound starts with 91 free-running tonewheels, based on meticulously-maintained real organs, and mixes those in real-time based on the notes played and the drawbar levels. Our advanced modeling recreates the tonal filtering, key click, percussion and chorus-vibrato circuits to recreate the organic feel of the real instrument and give you deep control over every element of the sound.

The organ feeds a 5-unit STOMPS section with overdrive, graphic EQ, chorus-vibrato, wah and spring reverb pedals to recreate the widest range of iconic sounds.

The CABS section gives you the choice of 5 Leslie amps and 7 speakers with control over speed, acceleration/deceleration, mic placement, gain, EQ and volume. For rock & blues, add the parallel guitar amp into the mix with two models from AmpliTube, with full tone-shaping controls and spring reverb.

A mixer lets you blend the sound of the Leslie, the parallel guitar amp and DI organ sound. 3 studio effects post-mixer let you put a final polish on your tone.

For live use, a “Controls” view hides the keyboard and enlarges the drawbars and switches for less distraction while playing. And there’s included MIDI assignments for controllers and Hammond digital organs, making it plug-and-play easy to perform.

Hammond B-3X for iPad also supports the latest Audio Units plug-in format, letting you use it inside all the most popular recording apps.

Features

-The first official Hammond B-3 virtual instrument
-Designed in cooperation with Hammond Organ Company
-Edit tonewheel model, leakage, key click, percussion & chorus controls
-24 custom drawbar settings available per preset
-Official Leslie speaker with 7 amps and 5 cabinets
-Parallel guitar amp with 2 amp models and 4x12 cabinet
-5-effect stompbox pedalboard for ultra-flexible tonal shaping
-3-effect studio post FX section for final polish
-Controls-only view for live or session use
-MIDI program change preset assignments
-Assignable MIDI for use with external controllers
-AUv3 compatibility for use inside recording apps

«13456711

Comments

  • Wow! $100. Now to wait for the half price sale.

  • They are crazy😂😂😂109.99 euros😞

  • I haven’t listened to it, but if it sounds awesome, and I was still out playing live, I would definitely buy it and pair it with a midi controller. I lot lighter than a real B3 :)

  • Any takers at $100?

    Look lovely, Auv3 .. 😎🙏

  • Favourite Facebook comment:

    “I’d have to sell an organ to afford it”.

  • @LinearLineman said:
    Wow! $100. Now to wait for the half price sale.

    It’s the intro, early adopters sale :-))) haha

  • Well the pc version is £300 .....

  • Is this the discounted introduction price?

  • Blimey they were not kidding when they said app prices need to start reflecting desktop VST,s maybe this is the start!

  • @Jumpercollins said:
    Blimey they were not kidding when they said app prices need to start reflecting desktop VST,s maybe this is the start!

    Maybe😂but with this price range I think that what today is a music production niche will rapidly extinct itself.

    Every companies makes their decision alone, then they also face the economic results alone.

    Maybe they will reach breakeven point just with a few dozen of unit sold.

  • At that price I'll stick with Galileo 2.

    They're having a laugh.

  • @Jumpercollins said:
    Blimey they were not kidding when they said app prices need to start reflecting desktop VST,s maybe this is the start!

    In fact, we need more products as this price, and not bargains at 5€

  • edited December 2019

    First, $299 is quite expensive for the desktop version compared to Native Instrument’s B3+.. which is $99..

    Maybe Ikmultimedia would have did better to Auv3-Ize Sampletank iOS..

    https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/keys/vintage-organs/

    Edit.. I wont mind paying $30 for the NI organs..iOS..

  • @IK Multimedia 😂 ma mi faccia il piacere... come diceva Totò.

  • edited December 2019

    In a way I’m glad developers are pushing the envelope on iOS pricing. A lot of top tier developers might be avoiding the platform for fear of undervaluing their IP.

    This is certainly not the product that’ll tempt me to spend so much, though it if was certain assets from UH/E, Xfer, Or NI catalog, it might be a different story.

  • Oh there we go again with people crying for the price..
    This could be one of the main reasons why we might never see most of the big players step in.
    Don’t get me wrong, there are many fantastic app developers, but if we want people like waves, Native instruments etc to step in, its time we start paying and stop complaining.
    It’s really simple, if you are on desktop and like a software, regardless of the price you buy it, why can’t the same be applied to iOS version??
    Some of us definitely ain’t rich and camping on payday to payday, but you sacrifice for things.
    We need to Stop nagging, so developers can eat and develop more apps.

  • If I have to spend more than 100 euros for a single app, then I can continue to use the PC which is a hundred times more powerful than an iPad, with much better management of files and external hardware, greater hard disk capacity and a wide choice of programs, and so on.

  • @RajahP said:
    First, $299 is quite expensive for the desktop version compared to Native Instrument’s B3+.. which is $99..

    Twice the price of the Arturia B-3 V too.

    @Faland said:
    If I have to spend more than 100 euros for a single app, then I can continue to use the PC which is a hundred times more powerful than an iPad, with much better management of files and external hardware, greater hard disk capacity and a wide choice of programs, and so on.

    Desktop software has worked out cheaper for me this year if you buy bundles - Komplete and Arturia software works out at less than a tenner per product if you buy in the sales - which are several times a year these days. And then there are total bargains like the HG Sounds group buy, PluginBoutique sales etc.

    With the direction Apple seems to be going with it's iOS hardware at present, I wouldn't be comfortable investing serious money into it as a music platform. App pricing is perfectly pitched for me at the moment, but any increases and I'll just curb how many apps I buy. I just muck about on the iPad after all.

    The iPad is becoming more attractive to me as a graphics platform these days - from that perspective, it's a serious contender to desktop.

  • @OnfraySin said:

    @Jumpercollins said:
    Blimey they were not kidding when they said app prices need to start reflecting desktop VST,s maybe this is the start!

    In fact, we need more products as this price, and not bargains at 5€

    +1. If Beatmaker, for instance, cost the same as Ableton, I wouldn't be nearly so worried about its future.

  • @Faland said:
    If I have to spend more than 100 euros for a single app, then I can continue to use the PC which is a hundred times more powerful than an iPad, with much better management of files and external hardware, greater hard disk capacity and a wide choice of programs, and so on.

    You must have a very powerful pc!

    Multi core benchmarks

    Intel Xeon W-3175X
    3.1 GHz (28 cores)
    22997

    And a very old iPad

    iPad mini (Retina)
    Apple A7 @ 1.3 GHz
    490

    Intel i3 8100 = 1000

  • edited December 2019

    If, tomorrow, for example, U-he, Madrona or NI publish their VST for the iOS at the same price as Desktop, I'll buy WITHOUT ANY DOUBT

    I want Aalto for 100€ on my iPad.
    I want Repro for 150€ on my iPad.
    I want Reaktor for 200€ on my iPad.

  • @mistercharlie said:

    @OnfraySin said:

    @Jumpercollins said:
    Blimey they were not kidding when they said app prices need to start reflecting desktop VST,s maybe this is the start!

    In fact, we need more products as this price, and not bargains at 5€

    +1. If Beatmaker, for instance, cost the same as Ableton, I wouldn't be nearly so worried about its future.

    If BM3 was priced the same as Ableton, how many do you think they would have sold?

  • @OnfraySin said:
    If, tomorrow, for example, U-he, Madrona or NI publish their VST for the iOS at the same price as Desktop, I'll buy WITHOUT ANY DOUBT

    I want Aalto for 100€ on my iPad.
    I want Repro for 150€ on my iPad.
    I want Reaktor for 200€ on my iPad.

    I want FLStudio (desktop) on iPad for desktop price...

  • I trialed the B-3X desktop version and it's pretty great...and if you know how much I rag on IK for their many and varied acts of cunning stuntery you'll appreciate how sincere this compliment is. Still when you compare the price of this to their other iOS releases it doesn't make much sense. I'm sure it's a great iOS app too but it likely doesn't equate neatly with the leap in pricing they've put forth.

  • @BiancaNeve said:

    @Faland said:
    If I have to spend more than 100 euros for a single app, then I can continue to use the PC which is a hundred times more powerful than an iPad, with much better management of files and external hardware, greater hard disk capacity and a wide choice of programs, and so on.

    You must have a very powerful pc!

    Multi core benchmarks

    Intel Xeon W-3175X
    3.1 GHz (28 cores)
    22997

    And a very old iPad

    iPad mini (Retina)
    Apple A7 @ 1.3 GHz
    490

    Intel i3 8100 = 1000

    Yep, I have the most powerful PC on earth: my brain 😄

  • @MonzoPro said:

    @RajahP said:
    First, $299 is quite expensive for the desktop version compared to Native Instrument’s B3+.. which is $99..

    Twice the price of the Arturia B-3 V too.

    @Faland said:
    If I have to spend more than 100 euros for a single app, then I can continue to use the PC which is a hundred times more powerful than an iPad, with much better management of files and external hardware, greater hard disk capacity and a wide choice of programs, and so on.

    Desktop software has worked out cheaper for me this year if you buy bundles - Komplete and Arturia software works out at less than a tenner per product if you buy in the sales - which are several times a year these days. And then there are total bargains like the HG Sounds group buy, PluginBoutique sales etc.

    With the direction Apple seems to be going with it's iOS hardware at present, I wouldn't be comfortable investing serious money into it as a music platform. App pricing is perfectly pitched for me at the moment, but any increases and I'll just curb how many apps I buy. I just muck about on the iPad after all.

    The iPad is becoming more attractive to me as a graphics platform these days - from that perspective, it's a serious contender to desktop.

    +1 totally agree with your reasoning.

  • @MonzoPro said:

    @mistercharlie said:

    @OnfraySin said:

    @Jumpercollins said:
    Blimey they were not kidding when they said app prices need to start reflecting desktop VST,s maybe this is the start!

    In fact, we need more products as this price, and not bargains at 5€

    +1. If Beatmaker, for instance, cost the same as Ableton, I wouldn't be nearly so worried about its future.

    If BM3 was priced the same as Ableton, how many do you think they would have sold?

    Exactly the problem. iOS music app buyers are unwilling to pay a reasonable price for anything.

  • edited December 2019

    @OnfraySin said:
    If, tomorrow, for example, U-he, Madrona or NI publish their VST for the iOS at the same price as Desktop, I'll buy WITHOUT ANY DOUBT

    I want Aalto for 100€ on my iPad.
    I want Repro for 150€ on my iPad.
    I want Reaktor for 200€ on my iPad.

    The current pricing at $40 a pop is almost too generous for the likes of Fabfilter and few others - $60 or even $75 wouldn’t be asking too much, imo.

    Desktop prices would be pushing it too far at this point though, as part of the intrinsic value of these plugins is the underlying infrastructure and ecosystem to support & compliment them. If we had a top tier desktop daw like Ableton or Logic X, plus sampler/ libraries at the level of Kontakt or Falcon, it would drastically increase the power and value of the platform, and thus the potential of all the plugins. Only when iOS has more parity with desktop as a whole would it be reasonable to accept the same price as desktop counterparts.

  • Yes if Ableton Live exact copy or Logic Pro X was to be offered at 100 to 150 would probably be tempted but that won't happen in the current ios world that I can see.

Sign In or Register to comment.