Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioKit L7 - Live Looper by Coda Labs Incorporated

Comments

• Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that an update has been submitted to the App Store. Man, there were a lot of fixes, and while we still have more to do, I hope this will address a lot of the issues.

• Added AUM support
    • Added MIDI binding support
    • When you record the first loop using the "A" button, tempo and loop length are set automatically. Just tap the waveform to stop recording.
    • Less harsh metronome sound
    • Screen to select audio input device
    • Live input monitoring from your headphones or audio interface
    • Sessions should now load more quickly. Note - your sessions will need to be reformatted, so the first time you load them it'll take a bit longer. But after that, things should be much faster.
    • Fixed Audiobus trigger icons not updating properly
    • Fixed bug where tracks couldn't be exported
    • Fixed various crashes
    • Playback performance enhancements
    • Added support email link inside the app
  • edited December 2019

@hibjshop said:
    Enso allows this

@eyesunderground said:

@kobamoto said:
    so this is stand alone right?
    can you edit the loop start/end points after recording?
    does it have ableton als export?

very intrigued about this one!

Can anyone confirm if you can edit the loop start/endpoints after recording?

That's my one gripe with Loopy and I don't know what app can do that. GTL maybe?

Are you sure about that? I didn’t think you could edit start/end points in Enso after recording

Edit: oh I see. You’re talking about the use of sectors

• Dominic Bazile does a little looping demo on his Sax..

• @royor said:
    Dominic Bazile does a little looping demo on his Sax..

Whoa! Respect

• @aure said:
    Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that an update has been submitted to the App Store. Man, there were a lot of fixes, and while we still have more to do, I hope this will address a lot of the issues.

• Added AUM support
    • When you record the first loop using the "A" button, tempo and loop length are set automatically. Just tap the waveform to stop recording.
    • Sessions should now load more quickly. Note - your sessions will need to be reformatted, so the first time you load them it'll take a bit longer. But after that, things should be much faster.
    • Fixed various crashes

Awesome stuff, @aure! Thanks so much for all your hard work and for being so responsive to the user community. Can’t wait for the update to drop.

• Got the update.

Downloading now.

Thank you.

Big up !!!

• Especially for the added AUM support.

• @Gravitas said:
    Got the update.

Downloading now.

Thank you.

Big up !!!

Any good?

• @Gravitas said:
    Especially for the added AUM support.

Yeah, that was not hard, just my bad assuming that AUM was identical to Audiobus, but Audiobus has receivers which made more sense to me. Now its a filter or a receiver.

• Awesome stuff, @aure! Thanks so much for all your hard work and for being so responsive to the user community. Can’t wait for the update to drop.

Thanks for your support. Trying to do a lot with AudioKit these days and this forum is an incredible resource. We're all in this together with the goal of having and making the best apps we can!

• @aure said:

Awesome stuff, @aure! Thanks so much for all your hard work and for being so responsive to the user community. Can’t wait for the update to drop.

Thanks for your support. Trying to do a lot with AudioKit these days and this forum is an incredible resource. We're all in this together with the goal of having and making the best apps we can!

And with that, I had to go and buy.
    Glad to support a great Dev and love the AudioKit team.

• Thanks for the update! I haven't had a chance to try it yet but I notice it appears to be iOS 13 only so I can't update the app on my iOS 12 devices, I can only download the older version. Was this intentional?

• @MonzoPro said:

@Gravitas said:
    Got the update.

Downloading now.

Thank you.

Big up !!!

Any good?

Tested it this evening.

Yup.

Very good.

Especially the ability to mute measures.

One can create 16 bar progressions with ease.
    With the AUM support added we can now route audio freely.

Looking into getting deep with this one.

• edited December 2019

The metronome sound is much better! Plus the volume slider can actually fully mute it. A toggle would still be great, as well as exposing the toggle to a MIDI binding.

• Thanks for the fast turn around @aure We all appreciate the level of effort on this awesome app👊🏼™️

• @yowza said:
    Thanks for the update! I haven't had a chance to try it yet but I notice it appears to be iOS 13 only so I can't update the app on my iOS 12 devices, I can only download the older version. Was this intentional?

Damn!

I had a feeling this might happen, which was why I was holding off until the update was out.

Can’t buy it then, 12x here and holding off updating for now.

• edited December 2019

FYI: I’ve been running 13 in a 10.5 Pro and an iPhone SE since launch. It was more than a bit rocky at first, but several updates later with the most recent one 13.3, it seems very stable and trouble free now. At least for me with these 2 devices.

• edited December 2019

@skiphunt said:
    FYI: I’ve been running 13 in a 10.5 Pro and an iPhone SE since launch. It was more than a bit rocky at first, but several updates later with the most recent one 13.3, it seems very stable and trouble free now. At least for me with these 2 devices.

I really, really hate the way the text editing behaves in 13 on my SE, coming back to type on the iPad is such a contrast. Saying that though I’m probably not on the latest version.

What’s put me off most though are reports on here of slower performance and battery issues - 12x is a really sweet spot - even the Procreate update hasn’t temped me!

I might as well hold off, I should be getting a new iPad in a few weeks anyway.

• @MonzoPro said:

@skiphunt said:

I really, really hate the way the text editing behaves in 13 on my SE, coming back to type on the iPad is such a contrast. Saying that though I’m probably not on the latest version.

What’s put me off most though are reports on here of slower performance and battery issues - 12x is a really sweet spot - even the Procreate update hasn’t temped me!

I might as well hold off, I should be getting a new iPad in a few weeks anyway.

I was having serious battery issues, especially with the SE. I thought I was going to be forced into getting a new phone they were so bad. Now, it’s back to about normal usage and I can put it off a little longer I think.

• @yowza said:
    Thanks for the update! I haven't had a chance to try it yet but I notice it appears to be iOS 13 only so I can't update the app on my iOS 12 devices, I can only download the older version. Was this intentional?

@aure : I hope the update isn't going to remain iOS 13 only. I purchased this in day 1 on an iOS 12 equipped iPad.

• edited December 2019

@aure said:
    Hey everyone, just wanted to let you know that an update has been submitted to the App Store. Man, there were a lot of fixes, and while we still have more to do, I hope this will address a lot of the issues.

• Added AUM support
    • Fixed various crashes

@aure You mentioned in the update that Audiokit L7 Looper is AUM capable now but I’m only seeing it appear as a effect only within the looping controls or am I missing something ? Under a generator it’s not showing in the top slots ?

• @aure You mentioned in the update that Audiokit L7 Looper is AUM capable now but I’m only seeing it appear as a effect only within the looping controls or am I missing something ? Under a generator it’s not showing in the top slots ?

Its not a generator though, it needs input. This was how Jonatan (author of AUM) suggested it be set up.

• @espiegel123 said:

@yowza said:

@aure : I hope the update isn't going to remain iOS 13 only. I purchased this in day 1 on an iOS 12 equipped iPad.

Hi, it wasn't my intention of making it iOS13 only, discussing it with Daniel (CodaLabs) now.

• @aure said:

@espiegel123 said:

@yowza said:

Hi, it wasn't my intention of making it iOS13 only, discussing it with Daniel (CodaLabs) now.

Okay, next update will bring the requirement back down to iOS12. My humblest apologies.

• @aure said:

@aure said:

@espiegel123 said:

@yowza said:

Okay, next update will bring the requirement back down to iOS12. My humblest apologies.

We are severe but mostly fair :)

Seriously though, you're making excellent progress! Keep on.

• @aure said:

@aure said:

@espiegel123 said:

@yowza said:

great news! Thanks

• Phew!

@espiegel123 said:

@aure said:

@aure said:

@espiegel123 said:

@yowza said:

great news! Thanks

• @aure - when can you push the update for iOS 12 users? I suspect there's a fair portion of us who won't upgrade iOS, so can't take advantage of all the work you've done for this release.

Pete

• edited December 2019

@pete12000 said:
    @aure - when can you push the update for iOS 12 users? I suspect there's a fair portion of us who won't upgrade iOS, so can't take advantage of all the work you've done for this release.

Pete

• @aure awesome, thanks!