Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioKit L7 - Live Looper by Coda Labs Incorporated

Comments

• I like it so far. There’s a lot of potential and some features that could be added, but that metronome sound. Is. Harsh.

• @aure said:

Hi Aure - thanks for this great app - I guess it will be a very nice addition to my workflow - but right away in my first session something unpleasant happened.

I had 7 loops recorded - with a max length of 32 - then directly after the last recording the app crashed - I guess I reached the „Maximum“?

So is this again a looper specific problem - as in Enso - that one never knows how much one can record into the looper before it all of sudden collapses? Couldn’t there be some kind of a warning signal? Or wasn’t I yet close to the maximum the app should be abled to handle and the crash was caused by something else?

However - the real problem started right then - cause I was not abled to re-start the app again - it kept trying to reload the last session and by doing so it always kept crashing in the lunch phase. Even restarting the iPad didn’t help. I had to delete the app from my iPad - and re-install it - in order to make it function again ... which would be quite annoying if I would loose all my saved projects ... if this would happen in a later phase of its usage in my workflow ...

This screenshot shows the amount of loops just as it crashed ,,. - IPad Pro 12,9 2017 - IOS 13.2.3

• edited December 2019

@Bon_Tempi said:

@aure said:

Hi Aure - thanks for this great app - I guess it will be a very nice addition to my workflow - but right away in my first session something unpleasant happened.

I had 7 loops recorded - with a max length of 32 - then directly after the last recording the app crashed - I guess I reached the „Maximum“?

So is this again a looper specific problem - as in Enso - that one never knows how much one can record into the looper before it all of sudden collapses? Couldn’t there be some kind of a warning signal? Or wasn’t I yet close to the maximum the app should be abled to handle and the crash was caused by something else?

However - the real problem started right then - cause I was not abled to re-start the app again - it kept trying to reload the last session and by doing so it always kept crashing in the lunch phase. Even restarting the iPad didn’t help. I had to delete the app from my iPad - and re-install it - in order to make it function again ... which would be quite annoying if I would loose all my saved projects ... if this would happen in a later phase of its usage in my workflow ...

This screenshot shows the amount of loops just as it crashed ,,. - IPad Pro 12,9 2017 - IOS 13.2.3

ALL apps that auto load the last project should offer the option to start up and not load a project, and that option should be under iOS settings so you can get to it outside of the app, then users would not end up in this situation where they have to delete the app just to reset the project it is trying to load on startup ;)

• @aure Is there any way to record the first loop without a preset tempo?

Without the option to manually start and stop recording on the first loop I’m not sure how useful this is as a live performance looper. Typically there is an option on performance loopers to allow the first loop to set the tempo of the jam.

Am I missing something obvious in the settings?

• @aure does it have different sections like verse chorus and such?> @TheDubbyLabby said:

@bato said:

@aure said:

@fattigman said:
    @aure does it have different sections like verse chorus and such?

Help me understand what you mean. I would say that this is up to how the artist wants to set things up. Do you mean like labels? No, not sure how that would be done elegantly either.

I think he means something along the lines of the Group the Loop app

Like this:

Yes this is what I mean. I want to able to switch between different groups of loops. Say you have one progression for verse and another progression for chorus and when you perform you want to switch between different groups/sections.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Bon_Tempi said:

@aure said:

ALL apps that auto load the last project should offer the option to start up and not load a project, and that option should be under iOS settings so you can get to it outside of the app, then users would not end up in this situation where they have to delete the app just to reset the project it is trying to load on startup ;)

Wise words right there. @aure

• love the workflow of this app. group the loop is cool too. but when you want to just build loops, this thing is perfect. once it becomes an audio unit , or can sit in the fx track of aum. it will be perfect.

• @aure said:
    I just got it working in AUM in the effects loop after direct consultation with Jonatan. It will be in the next update!

Sweet! Pls ignore my mention of this in the other thread.

This duplicate thread thing is really annoying.

• @wim said:

@aure said:
    I just got it working in AUM in the effects loop after direct consultation with Jonatan. It will be in the next update!

Sweet! Pls ignore my mention of this in the other thread.

This duplicate thread thing is really annoying.

awww yeah that’s perfect!

• @aure said:

@wim said:

@kobamoto said:

@wim said:

@slicetwo said:
    Is there a way to turn off the metronome sound? Can’t have that if we’re using it live.

volume control in the BPM menu.

what about the actual sound of the metronome, can you choose a custom sound?

Nope.

No, but a better sound is on its way. Maybe we'll have some options down the road too.

thank you

• edited December 2019

Good to see the controls show up in Audiobus Remote hope more do as you phone becomes your looper controller.

• Has the updated version that makes this load in the fx slot in AUM dropped yet?

• @skiphunt said:
    Has the updated version that makes this load in the fx slot in AUM dropped yet?

Not yet.

• @skiphunt said:

We're trying to address all the major initial round of issues at once so no one feels like their concerns were ignored. Right now doing MIDI learn for triggering the looper. Please bear with us, thank so much for your support!

• Can anyone who has the app confirm if the app can have different sections/groups of loops. Like the the way group the loop works. I see in the videos the a button ”A” is this group/section A which means there could be a B and C and so on? This is essential for me. Thank you.

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

@fattigman said:
    Can anyone who has the app confirm if the app can have different sections/groups of loops. Like the the way group the loop works. I see in the videos the a button ”A” is this group/section A which means there could be a B and C and so on? This is essential for me. Thank you.

No, there are no groupings. The A is to Add a track.

• @wim said:

@fattigman said:
    Can anyone who has the app confirm if the app can have different sections/groups of loops. Like the the way group the loop works. I see in the videos the a button ”A” is this group/section A which means there could be a B and C and so on? This is essential for me. Thank you.

No, there are no groupings. The A is to Add a track.

I thought I saw in the intro video that the A is to add a track with automatic (unlimited by bar).

Maybe I got it wrong as I could not get it to work in that way. A manual would help :-)

• @aure said:

@skiphunt said:

We're trying to address all the major initial round of issues at once so no one feels like their concerns were ignored. Right now doing MIDI learn for triggering the looper. Please bear with us, thank so much for your support!

Will the update be out before the intro price ends?

• @aure said:

@skiphunt said:

@aure I was going to email you the same question about having Looper be launched in the FX slot in AUM. Good to read that IS something coming down the pipeline for this software. I own Looper now, but Im just going to wait till you drop the update that allows Looper to record sounds via the FX slot in AUM.

Being patient is so much easier than futzing around with AB3 back into AUM.

• @SMKArtist said:

@aure said:

@skiphunt said:

@aure I was going to email you the same question about having Looper be launched in the FX slot in AUM. Good to read that IS something coming down the pipeline for this software. I own Looper now, but Im just going to wait till you drop the update that allows Looper to record sounds via the FX slot in AUM.

Being patient is so much easier than futzing around with AB3 back into AUM.

+1

• @wim @bato thank you. One thing I have never understood with loopers is that they usually don’t have this feature. Even if it’s looper you would like loops with different chord progression and alternate between them. Many songs have different progression in verse and chorus. So I’ll stay with group the loop for now.

• I love that icon and name. So clever and creative! Kudos!

• @fattigman said:
    @wim @bato thank you. One thing I have never understood with loopers is that they usually don’t have this feature. Even if it’s looper you would like loops with different chord progression and alternate between them. Many songs have different progression in verse and chorus. So I’ll stay with group the loop for now.

With some simple muting via MIDI Loopy can accomplish sectioning. I guess there is a long tradition of loopers that work this way and other than GTL which is great for structured material most loopers stay in that tradition.

I'll try to find some time if someone doesn't beat me to it to set up a Mozaic patch to imitate sectioned looping

• @kobamoto said:
    so this is stand alone right?
    can you edit the loop start/end points after recording?
    does it have ableton als export?

very intrigued about this one!

Can anyone confirm if you can edit the loop start/endpoints after recording?

That's my one gripe with Loopy and I don't know what app can do that. GTL maybe?

• edited December 2019

@eyesunderground said:

@kobamoto said:

That's my one gripe with Loopy and I don't know what app can do that. GTL maybe?

@eyesunderground End / start points can’t be altered but you can chop depending on the beat. Koala though not technically a plain looper can crop start end points.

L7 is standalone and IAA, export to files app only at present.

• edited December 2019

I am enjoying this app for sure...I hardly ever voice annoyances on here but holy shit is that metronome tone shrill and irritating. The real issue is that the damn thing turns itself back up everytime you add audio.

The loops seem to turn themselves back up too after importing audio.

Simple solo and mute functions would be great.

I would rather have gilbert godfried voice my gps than ever hear that metronome again.

I am liking the simplicity of the app, though. the comb filter sounds great! the reverb is awful and way too loud.

I am sure that people have mentioned midi input functionality and auv3 fx.

Right now this doesnt offer anything group the loop cant do. I do love the workflow. glad i bought it.

You cant mixdown and export the project either. which is fine but seems like a worthy feature.

Dragging loops ontop of loops to overdub and layer would be cool too

• Actually i cant get audio into blocs via ab3 with looper as iap input. might be any of the 3 apps causing the issue

• @aure and @analog_matt, L7 has been crashing on my device on it's second launch. Trying to diagnose why. Generally, i'm disconnected from the internet and/or using airplane mode. Running it solo on iPad Mini 2.
    Last time it happened, I had to delete and redownload. Not sure if it's related to the slow launch time someone cited before.

Will try further tests, but just a heads up :wink: :cookie:

• Can someone give a brief review on the voicetune aspect of this app? That’s the main attraction for me, since I already have a stable looper in Loopy HD and I don’t use a looper day to day, more for fun jam sessions with my ukelele wielding buddy (who is also a singer, hence the q about the voicetune).

Thanks in advance, kind AB forum souls 💕

• Enso allows this

@eyesunderground said:

@kobamoto said: