Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioKit L7 - Live Looper by Coda Labs Incorporated

Comments

• edited December 2019

@wim said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@wim said:

@Charlesalbert said:
    When I tap on preset it opens me this. Do you know why?

Because it's an Audiobus Session and you don't own AudioBus?

I have it installed. So weird I tried reboot and reinstall but didn’t work.

Uh yeh, happens here too.

@Jumpercollins, are you by chance on a Beta version of AB3? Or on AB2?

Hi @wim no I’m on the latest store version of AB3, I’m on the beta but using the store version for now. iPad Pro 9.7 I’m finding it’s recording cold ie not loud enough using @echoopera preset. Still can’t record in AB3 alone also not AB3 HUD tab when L7 Looper is selected.

• @wim: yes, the ab palette shows up for me when the looper is the frontmost app. It is available from the right edge of the screen.

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

@Jumpercollins said:

@wim said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@wim said:

@Charlesalbert said:

Hi @wim no I’m on the latest store version of AB3, I’m on the beta but using the store for now.

OK ... @Michael?

iPad Pro 9.7 I’m finding it’s recording cold ie not loud enough using @echoopera preset.

Yes, playback is lower than record monitoring unless you up the master volume in the app. It would be nice to see that improved in the app. Playback should be exactly what you hear when recording.

• how long is the intro price?

• @wim just for info the store and beta version of AB3 are on the same number version at present.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @wim: yes, the ab palette shows up for me when the looper is the frontmost app. It is available from the right edge of the screen.

Strange. It simply does not show up inside the app for me, no matter what I do. It also always displays the Tap to launch button when added in Audiobus, almost as if it was built with an older version of Audiobus.

iPad Air 2, iOS 13.3.2 and iPhone 7s, iOS 13.3.2. Same behavior in both the latest AB beta and in the App Store version.

• Is there a setting I have overseen that it can be set directly into overdub mode after the first recording is set. This way you can get the stuff seamless :) that would be my biggest request if its not there right now.

Just had a quick run with it and I think this could be some crazy cool looper app.

• @wim said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@wim said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@wim said:

@Charlesalbert said:

Hi @wim no I’m on the latest store version of AB3, I’m on the beta but using the store for now.

OK ... @Michael?

iPad Pro 9.7 I’m finding it’s recording cold ie not loud enough using @echoopera preset.

Yes, playback is lower than record monitoring unless you up the master volume in the app. It would be nice to see that improved in the app. Playback should be exactly what you hear when recording.

👍🏻second that

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

+1000 on my own post requesting the option to not automatically start playback on load. Argh is that ever annoying!

(but still like the app...)

• @MAtrixplan said:
    how long is the intro price?

ok, I found. "This week only"

• @wim said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@wim said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@wim said:

@Charlesalbert said:

OK ... @Michael?

I’ll look into it

• edited December 2019

@Jumpercollins @aure ok after some extensive playing with the app, here are some nasty bugs i am noticing a lot:
    . In stand alone mode it takes a very long time for the app to launch (this slow launch time also appears when hosted in AB3)
    . The record Counter feature doesn’t appear to work 100% of the time, so you have no idea if it’s recording when playing a synth in AB with the keyboard
    . When recording an external synth via an audio interface, sometimes i get those old audio artifacts like we had in the old days of iOS 12...where it would get crunchy and glitchy as a result of the audio buffer being full...or something to do with how it handles external Audio via an audio interface...definitely glitchy...
    . When Looper is loaded as an Audio destination in AB3 i can’t get the AB HUD to appear...i swiped in every area on the right side of the screen, but no HUD
    . i wish the Master Volume was the same as the recorded volume, it’s annoying that i have to constantly reset it to hear the sound as i recorded it
    . The 2, 4, A loop length glyphs in the HUD sometimes swap instead of invoke a record command...in one scenario, the 2 kept toggling between 2 and 4, and since the Record ring wasn’t present i had no idea what was going on. When i switched to the Looper app, it had recorded a loop...need to make sure that tapping on the Loop Length indicators in the HUD will always invoke record start/stop and not make the user guess if things are recording

Ok...that’s all i have for the moment...hope this helps.

Cheers👊🏼™️

• edited December 2019

I will buy this to support Audiokit and continue to use Loopy HD.

Was planning to donate a copy or two but Apple doesn’t appear to allow app gifting to another country. Not even during Xmas 😡

• @wim said:
    +1000 on my own post requesting the option to not automatically start playback on load. Argh is that ever annoying!

+1

Also how do we select inputs either standalone or using either
    AUM or AB3 for those of us who have multiple input audio interfaces.

Will it have multiple IAA ports in the future?

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

@Gravitas said:

@wim said:

+1

I just load it into the output of multiple Audiobus lanes, then enable or disable audio inputs using Audiobus. Inputs can be whatever audiobus can see, or apps. You can load L7 into as many output slots as you need to, but if all you need to do is switch between external inputs, only one is needed.

• @wim

Thanks for that.

I was simply going to setup it up using the template
    that I already have going with Quantiloop.

• @Gravitas said:

@wim said:

+1

See my Loopy/AUM/AB3 setup video (look in the wiki if you haven't seen them). You use the same routing. You can just swipe things in and out -- actually there are many ways to do it.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Gravitas said:

@wim said:

+1

See my Loopy/AUM/AB3 setup video (look in the wiki if you haven't seen them). You use the same routing. You can just swipe things in and out -- actually there are many ways to do it.

FWIW, I used @espiegel123 setup to build this setup. Thanks! @espiegel123
    http://preset.audiob.us/w77oRBk8phjsqET

• @espiegel123

So basically L7 into AB3 then into AUM if you're using AUM.

The template I have for Quantiloop has been
    honed over the past couple of weeks.
    I have a similar template for Patterning 2 which I had created
    for Patterning and then simply swapped out one for the other.

Thanks I'll have a look on wiki.

• I hope I can figure it out! Bought it as an instahbuy so that the Devs both can eat and have a cozy little Christmas. Keep on Rockin you guys! Best Wishes for a inspired creative new year 2020 with more cool apps coming from you both. Cheers, Elektrik Diva

• @Michael said:

@wim said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@wim said:

@Charlesalbert said:

@wim said:

@Charlesalbert said:

OK ... @Michael?

I’ll look into it

The same here.

• How does that compare to Loopy HD?

• @echoopera said:
    @Jumpercollins @aure ok after some extensive playing with the app, here are some nasty bugs i am noticing a lot:
    . In stand alone mode it takes a very long time for the app to launch (this slow launch time also appears when hosted in AB3)
    . The record Counter feature doesn’t appear to work 100% of the time, so you have no idea if it’s recording when playing a synth in AB with the keyboard
    . When recording an external synth via an audio interface, sometimes i get those old audio artifacts like we had in the old days of iOS 12...where it would get crunchy and glitchy as a result of the audio buffer being full...or something to do with how it handles external Audio via an audio interface...definitely glitchy...
    . When Looper is loaded as an Audio destination in AB3 i can’t get the AB HUD to appear...i swiped in every area on the right side of the screen, but no HUD
    . i wish the Master Volume was the same as the recorded volume, it’s annoying that i have to constantly reset it to hear the sound as i recorded it
    . The 2, 4, A loop length glyphs in the HUD sometimes swap instead of invoke a record command...in one scenario, the 2 kept toggling between 2 and 4, and since the Record ring wasn’t present i had no idea what was going on. When i switched to the Looper app, it had recorded a loop...need to make sure that tapping on the Loop Length indicators in the HUD will always invoke record start/stop and not make the user guess if things are recording

Ok...that’s all i have for the moment...hope this helps.

Cheers👊🏼™️

Ah ok glad it was not just me on some of the issues I’ve noticed most of the same playing more with L7 tonight. Getting the long launch times as mentioned.

• wimwim
    edited December 2019

@tja said:
    How does that compare to Loopy HD?

It has internal FX. That's about the only plus I see. Maybe a little more handy controls layout.

It's kind of like a middle ground between Koala and Loopy.

• Is there a way to turn off the metronome sound? Can’t have that if we’re using it live.

• After loading this in audiobus 3 if I’ll close audiobus then reopen it keeps on crashing and I have to reboot iPad to make it works again. Don’t know why.

• @slicetwo said:
    Is there a way to turn off the metronome sound? Can’t have that if we’re using it live.

volume control in the BPM menu.

• @Gravitas said:
    @espiegel123

So basically L7 into AB3 then into AUM if you're using AUM.

The template I have for Quantiloop has been
    honed over the past couple of weeks.
    I have a similar template for Patterning 2 which I had created
    for Patterning and then simply swapped out one for the other.

Thanks I'll have a look on wiki.

Not sure what you mean by L7 into AB3. Inside AB3, route L7 to AUM and AUM to L7. You will know be able (in AUM) to choose the L7 as an output destination. You can route anything into it. Anyway, the wiki page will straighten you out. Just use L7 in place of Loopy. One difference though is that Loopy can route each loop to its own channel in AUM or AB3.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    After loading this in audiobus 3 if I’ll close audiobus then reopen it keeps on crashing and I have to reboot iPad to make it works again. Don’t know why.

Its always a good idea to use the "clear session" button in AB before shutting it down. Also to force quit any IAA apps after exiting AB.

• Also the sound recorded is different from what I played. Seem like mono and quieter. Did anyone noticed?