Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioKit L7 - Live Looper by Coda Labs Incorporated

Comments

• I love you ;)

@danielfromcodalabs said:

@david_2017 said:
    Next step taken on the way to become my favorite looper

cough automatic overdub after one loop cough

I’m so sorry that didn’t make it in this update! Just trying not to break too much at once. It’ll be in there soon 🙂

• Thank you, @danielfromcodalabs This one is growing big!

• Brilliant - I spent today making a Bluetooth midi foot controller on an impulse - you must have penetrated my dreams with an update notification. Nice one, thank you.

• @danielfromcodalabs - i don't see it in the release notes, but can you add support for more time signatures? i'm looking to loop in 7 and right now it stops at 6 (more time sigs would be great, arbitrary time sigs would be awesome).

thx!

• How does the auto threshold work?
    You can’t set tempo and it time stretches everything all crazy after? Sets bpm after recorded.
    What am I not getting here
    Using in AUM in effect slot.

Maybe I should RTFM, lol

• @ruggedsmooth said:
    How does the auto threshold work?
    You can’t set tempo and it time stretches everything all crazy after? Sets bpm after recorded.
    What am I not getting here
    Using in AUM in effect slot.

Maybe I should RTFM, lol

1. Tap “Auto-Thresh”
    2. Move the slider to where you want it
    3. Start playing
    4. Tap the loop to stop recording, tempo is automatically set

There shouldn’t be any time stretching going on when you do this.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @d4d0ug said:
    Not sure if its just me / my timing, but.... is the zero-ing a little ‘aggressive’? I’m finding it hard to get my first kick of the bar to thump - this is with auto threshold set to off.

Is the zero-ing / anti click configurable? @danielfromcodalabs

I’m not sure what you mean by “zero-ing” or “anti-click.”

• @d4d0ug said:

@d4d0ug said:
    Not sure if its just me / my timing, but.... is the zero-ing a little ‘aggressive’? I’m finding it hard to get my first kick of the bar to thump - this is with auto threshold set to off.

Sorry, I was using the wrong terminology - I was referring to the ‘micro fades’ that came in the last update

Posting a video of the issue might help the dev see/hear the issue.

• edited May 2020

@d4d0ug said:

@d4d0ug said:

Sorry, I was using the wrong terminology - I was referring to the ‘micro fades’ that came in the last update

Gotcha. Those fades are 100 samples, or about 2 milliseconds. Any shorter than that and they start to sound clicky. Your kick might have an onset that’s sharper than that. You could try either hitting your kick just a little bit earlier, or using auto thresh which should give enough space at the beginning that the fade doesn’t affect the onset.

• Daniel is doing a great job on adding awesome features and updates to this app. The reality for developers is that all this hard work rarely pays off in more sales. Basically he does all these updates for almost free. If you appreciate his hard work, please leave L7 a positive review

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/audiokit-l7-auv3-live-looper/id1485507635

Thank you 🙏

• Just bought. It does not work for me as AU on NanoStudio2 . Plugin window does not render... 😭 @danielfromcodalabs

• @god said:
    Just bought. It does not work for me as AU on NanoStudio2 . Plugin window does not render... 😭 @danielfromcodalabs

Sorry about that. Have you tried rebooting?

• godgod
    edited June 2020

@god said:
    Just bought. It does not work for me as AU on NanoStudio2 . Plugin window does not render... 😭 @danielfromcodalabs

Hi,

Yeah.. Rebooting did not solve the issue.

BTW I’m on an iPhone (not iPad).

• @god said:

@god said:

Hi,

Huh. That is really strange because it works in every other host I've tested with (didn't try nanostudio until just now). I will look into it. Sorry about this!

• godgod
    edited June 2020

@god said:

@god said:

Hi,

Huh. That is really strange because it works in every other host I've tested with (didn't try nanostudio until just now). I will look into it. Sorry about this!

Thank you.

Yeah, I tried it with Cubasis3 and it works fine in there.. But my main DAW is NS2 so it’s quite a bummer that it won’t work there...

Also, it only shows the audio version of the plugin.. not the Midi input version.

• @god said:

@god said:

@god said:

Hi,

Thank you.

Yeah, I tried it with Cubasis3 and it works fine in there.. But my main DAW is NS2 so it’s quite a bummer that it won’t work there...

Also, it only shows the audio version of the plugin.. not the Midi input version.

L7 has no control over how hosts find and display available plugins, so I'm afraid that's probably a Nanostudio bug. Either that or Nanostudio doesn't yet support MIDI input for FX plugins. I'm not very familiar with Nanostudio so correct me if I'm wrong here.

• @danielfromcodalabs said:

@god said:

@god said:

@god said:

Hi,

Thank you.

L7 has no control over how hosts find and display available plugins, so I'm afraid that's probably a Nanostudio bug. Either that or Nanostudio doesn't yet support MIDI input for FX plugins. I'm not very familiar with Nanostudio so correct me if I'm wrong here.

I think it’s the latter but not certain.

Perhaps @dendy can confirm this..

• edited June 2020

Don't have this one so can't say too much about this issue, unfortunately almost all audioKIT based plugins are suffering by some kind of issues in NS2...

NS2 supports also plugins wih MIDI IN, if plugins supports both audio and midi it shows two listed variants (Fx and Mfx like Drambo in screenshot bellow), if plugins supports only MIDI then it is listed in "Midi FX" list..

@danielfromcodalabs
    L7 has no control over how hosts find and display available plugins, so I'm afraid that's probably a Nanostudio bug

your latest pitch correction plugin shows correctly in NS2 so maybe you did something differently in L7 ?

• @dendy said:
    Don't have this one so can't say too much about this issue, unfortunately almost all audioKIT based plugins are suffering by some kind of issues in NS2...

NS2 supports also plugins wih MIDI IN, if plugins supports both audio and midi it shows two listed variants (Fx and Mfx like Drambo in screenshot bellow), if plugins supports only MIDI then it is listed in "Midi FX" list..

@danielfromcodalabs
    L7 has no control over how hosts find and display available plugins, so I'm afraid that's probably a Nanostudio bug

your latest pitch correction plugin shows correctly in NS2 so maybe you did something differently in L7 ?

Well.. don’t think I own many AudioKit AUv3 plugins but the new Retro Piano released today is working fine inside NS2

• edited June 2020

Well.. don’t think I own many AudioKit AUv3 plugins but the new Retro Piano released today is working fine inside NS2

nope, just try to make mixdown at different sample rate than device default (realtime sample rate) - it has wrong pitch.. it obviously ignores sample rate set by host and is locked to device sample rate...

• godgod
    edited June 2020

@dendy said:

nope, just try to make mixdown at different sample rate than device default (realtime sample rate) - it has wrong pitch.. it obviously ignores sample rate set by host and is locked to device sample rate...

Ahhh shoot

Haven’t done a mixdown for a project that using with the new app yet, so wasn’t aware of this. Thank you for the heads up!

• Does this have multi outs in aum ?

• @topaz said:
    Does this have multi outs in aum ?

Not yet

• Ok cheers ;-)

@topaz said:
    Does this have multi outs in aum ?

Not yet

• edited June 2020

Edit, user error. Link not on in future drummer, sorry bout that o:)

• @topaz said:
    I can’t seem to get seamless loops using AUM, any idea. Link is on. ?

Can L7 not use AUv3 sync ?

L7 only supports Link at the moment. If you email me a video, that would help me diagnose this faster. [email protected]

• edited June 2020

User error, ignore ;-)