Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioKit L7 - Live Looper by Coda Labs Incorporated

Comments

• just grabbed this! completely irresistible at that sale price for one, then the demos and the amazing gui... no brainier purchase for someone who loves loopers especially in auv3 format! seems very reliable as well unlike some of the similar apps!

one thing i would love to see is the over dub staying activated as it loops back around and runs thru the loop again so i can catxh those reverb tails from the end into the beginning, right now it just cuts off and i have to do some magic to fill the gap...

but this is an amazing creation and will get a lot of air time for me!

thanks for making this

• edited February 2020

In the FX section, can the app record changes to volume, filter etc. and then later play it back as a loop automation?

If no: are these FX values exposed as AU parameters, so that another AU plugin may record and send the automation looping to L7?

• to be more clearly what i was saying...
    it would be great to have an option for the loop to automatically go into overdub mode once it cycles thru the first run ...
    but also /or when overdub is activated that it continues to loop in overdub mode until manually stopped.
    that feels more natural to catch the groove when you’re in the zone than to have to reactive overdub and wait for it to cycle to the beginning for it to start recording again.

all that aside , this is an unbelievably great looper and i’ve had zero crashes or problems with it after a solid 3 hours of use this morning. it feels like it’sa part of my AUM set up flows so well!

• @reasOne said:
    to be more clearly what i was saying...
    it would be great to have an option for the loop to automatically go into overdub mode once it cycles thru the first run ...
    but also /or when overdub is activated that it continues to loop in overdub mode until manually stopped.
    that feels more natural to catch the groove when you’re in the zone than to have to reactive overdub and wait for it to cycle to the beginning for it to start recording again.

all that aside , this is an unbelievably great looper and i’ve had zero crashes or problems with it after a solid 3 hours of use this morning. it feels like it’sa part of my AUM set up flows so well!

Glad you're enjoying it. Your overdub suggestion has been brought up a lot from others too, so I'll see about adding it in a future update.

• @bleep said:
    In the FX section, can the app record changes to volume, filter etc. and then later play it back as a loop automation?

If no: are these FX values exposed as AU parameters, so that another AU plugin may record and send the automation looping to L7?

Not right now. I've been thinking about automation for a while. You're the first one to bring it up unprompted, which is a good sign that it's worthwhile to build. Just focusing on stability right now, but I'll consider it in the future.

• edited February 2020

Nice @echoopera

• @danielfromcodalabs said:

@reasOne said:

Glad you're enjoying it. Your overdub suggestion has been brought up a lot from others too, so I'll see about adding it in a future update.

excellent! this would make L7 the only looping thing i’d ever need!

• @reasOne said:

@danielfromcodalabs said:

@reasOne said:

Essential for ambient makers 👍🏼 Thanks, Daniel

• @david_2017 said:

@reasOne said:

@reasOne said:

absolutely! that’s all i know how to do 🤣

• @reasOne said:

@david_2017 said:

@reasOne said:

@reasOne said:

Here is a little quote from Chase Bliss Audio Blooper Pedal manual (dipswitch)

„Play / Dub
    Adjusts the default behavior when recording your initial loop.
    In the standard position (Play), the loop will automatically go into playback once you tap Record the second time (to set
    your end point). By putting the dipswitch in the Dub position,
    it will continue recording, going straight into overdubbing your second layer. This can be useful for ambient music, for example, allowing trails to be captured smoothly into the loop.“

I think that States it really good ;)

• @david_2017 said:

@reasOne said:

@david_2017 said:

@reasOne said:

@reasOne said:

Here is a little quote from Chase Bliss Audio Blooper Pedal manual (dipswitch)

„Play / Dub
    Adjusts the default behavior when recording your initial loop.
    In the standard position (Play), the loop will automatically go into playback once you tap Record the second time (to set
    your end point). By putting the dipswitch in the Dub position,
    it will continue recording, going straight into overdubbing your second layer. This can be useful for ambient music, for example, allowing trails to be captured smoothly into the loop.“

I think that States it really good ;)

on point! must had a college intern interpret their thoughts to create a proper manual 🤣🤣🤣 cuz we ambient guys speak in jibberish lol

• Joel from Chase Bliss seems to have a PhD in Looping 👊🏼😁
    @reasOne

• currently this is crashing on me every time once it records the loop in aum with all different sample rates and buffers... restarted ipad and still the same thing...
    any suggestions?

• @reasOne said:
    currently this is crashing on me every time once it records the loop in aum with all different sample rates and buffers... restarted ipad and still the same thing...
    any suggestions?

Is this AUv3? The sample rate in AUM and L7 needs to be the same. 48000 usually works best. Buffer size shouldn't matter.

• New update just dropped! Lots of stability and performance enhancements. And the AUv3 now shows up on iOS 11! Hope this works for you guys. If you have questions, email me at [email protected].

• edited February 2020

It shows $9.99
    Just realized it’s on sale 😁

@reasOne said:
    just grabbed this! completely irresistible at that sale price for one, then the demos and the amazing gui... no brainier purchase for someone who loves loopers especially in auv3 format! seems very reliable as well unlike some of the similar apps!

one thing i would love to see is the over dub staying activated as it loops back around and runs thru the loop again so i can catxh those reverb tails from the end into the beginning, right now it just cuts off and i have to do some magic to fill the gap...

but this is an amazing creation and will get a lot of air time for me!

thanks for making this

• @danielfromcodalabs will you consider adding a ”song mode” to the looper so you can use it to play whole song a not just loop a couple of bars. For example you have a song with part A and part B and these 2 parts have different chord progressions and you need to switch between them. I guess this is not possible with L7, I’m I right?

• @fattigman said:
    @danielfromcodalabs will you consider adding a ”song mode” to the looper so you can use it to play whole song a not just loop a couple of bars. For example you have a song with part A and part B and these 2 parts have different chord progressions and you need to switch between them. I guess this is not possible with L7, I’m I right?

i’ve been exporting the loops into eg pulse then triggering them / pads in order to create a song...

• @reasOne ok thanks that’s a good idea. It would be more convenient to have that functionality in the looper.

• edited February 2020

@fattigman said:
    @danielfromcodalabs will you consider adding a ”song mode” to the looper so you can use it to play whole song a not just loop a couple of bars. For example you have a song with part A and part B and these 2 parts have different chord progressions and you need to switch between them. I guess this is not possible with L7, I’m I right?

You could just do the SONG via Muting. I turn things On and Off when using L7 to fill in different parts of the stuff I make. Granted this is all done Live and not pre-baked which is what you want. But it works :smile:

• edited February 2020

@fattigman said:
    @echoopera thanks.

Sure thing. I think you might want to look at Group The Loop. They offer a Song Construction type of workflow in the app.

• @echoopera I have it already. It’s a great app

• Is this MIDI (foot-)controllable now or just on-screen controls?

• @Munibeast said:
    Is this MIDI (foot-)controllable now or just on-screen controls?

L7 Looper has MIDI bindings for record (of a variety of loop lengths), start playback, stop playback and stop automatic loop record.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Munibeast said:

L7 Looper has MIDI bindings for record (of a variety of loop lengths), start playback, stop playback and stop automatic loop record.

OkayThanks, that’s kind of basic compared to the competition but better than not at all. Are there plans to add more bindings in the near future @danielfromcodalabs?

• @Munibeast said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Munibeast said:

OkayThanks, that’s kind of basic compared to the competition but better than not at all. Are there plans to add more bindings in the near future @danielfromcodalabs?

Maybe. What more do you want specifically?