Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioKit L7 - Live Looper by Coda Labs Incorporated

Comments

• edited February 2020

@danielfromcodalabs said:

@Munibeast said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Munibeast said:
    Is this MIDI (foot-)controllable now or just on-screen controls?

L7 Looper has MIDI bindings for record (of a variety of loop lengths), start playback, stop playback and stop automatic loop record.

OkayThanks, that’s kind of basic compared to the competition but better than not at all. Are there plans to add more bindings in the near future @danielfromcodalabs?

Maybe. What more do you want specifically?

Most importantly Undo/Redo, Clear, Reverse, x2, /2 would be great :smiley:

• @Munibeast said:

@Munibeast said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Munibeast said:

L7 Looper has MIDI bindings for record (of a variety of loop lengths), start playback, stop playback and stop automatic loop record.

OkayThanks, that’s kind of basic compared to the competition but better than not at all. Are there plans to add more bindings in the near future @danielfromcodalabs?

Cool, I’ll consider that

• @Munibeast said:

@Munibeast said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Munibeast said:

Most importantly Undo/Redo, Clear, Reverse

@Munibeast said:

@Munibeast said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Munibeast said:

Cool, I’ll consider that

Fantastic :mrgreen:

• Is there a way to midi control solo and mute for tracks?

• @danielfromcodalabs said:

@Munibeast said:

@Munibeast said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Munibeast said:

Cool, I’ll consider that

I'd add that track navigation and overdub on/off , mute on/off per track would be helpful bindings.

• Picked up this cool looper last night👍🏼❤️😌
    I wanna learn how record stuff in realtime like @echoopera does❤️❤️❤️🙏🙏☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️

• edited February 2020

@SevenSystems is this something that could somehow make it to Xequence 2? I’d love to have X2 in Slide over view with AUM or AB3. Wow that would be so awesome! ❤️❤️😌☝️🙏

@skiphunt said:
    So, about my previous question regarding how to activate record/play/pause/stop in L7 while in AUM... don’t even need to route through AB3 or have split screen. Dragging an L7 app window up from the dock works perfectly!

• @Tones4Christ said:
    @SevenSystems is this something that could somehow make it to Xequence 2? I’d love to have X2 in Slide over view with AUM or AB3. Wow that would be so awesome! ❤️❤️😌☝️🙏

I have thought about that, and just "enabling" it would take only a few minutes. The problem is though -- how to present the user interface so that it is workable in any way -- especially since this is portrait format. All toolbars will be too short, there will be no meaningful way to use the arranger, etc...

It's a pity that iOS doesn't have a "landscape slideover" from the bottom, or a side-by-side mode that actually uses the device in portrait and then presents both apps in landscape on top of each other.

@skiphunt said:
    So, about my previous question regarding how to activate record/play/pause/stop in L7 while in AUM... don’t even need to route through AB3 or have split screen. Dragging an L7 app window up from the dock works perfectly!

• edited February 2020

I was thinking the same, but perhaps to actually be able to only see the track select pane, enable the track to record and that’s it. One can solo, mute or record enable songs. That would be sooo awesome! And with you AU keys app in AUM it would rock to have both apps on screen. I just realized it’s even possible to switch apps currently in the slide mode. I had ChordPolyPad and L7 looper both in slide over and i was able to switch between the two apps by tapping bottom if slide screen!😳
    Would be such an awesome addition! Record midi to X2 and Audio to L7 looper all in one screen! OMG!!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️☝️☝️☝️☝️☝️🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏😳

@SevenSystems said:

@Tones4Christ said:

I have thought about that, and just "enabling" it would take only a few minutes. The problem is though -- how to present the user interface so that it is workable in any way -- especially since this is portrait format. All toolbars will be too short, there will be no meaningful way to use the arranger, etc...

It's a pity that iOS doesn't have a "landscape slideover" from the bottom, or a side-by-side mode that actually uses the device in portrait and then presents both apps in landscape on top of each other.

@skiphunt said:

• edited February 2020

Is there a way to control the volume levels or mix of the recorded tracks in L7?

• edited February 2020

@Tones4Christ said:
    Is there a way to control the volume levels or mix of the recorded tracks in L7?

yes you can adjust the volume of each track as well as some internal effects

• Hi guys, L7 received a lot of 1 star reviews after the stability issues with the AUv3 update. These reviews really damage the project in the long run by hurting App Store search rankings and discouraging others from downloading the app.

Pretty much all of these issues were fixed in the latest update.

If you left a negative review, would you mind updating it? And if you haven’t left a review, would you mind leaving one?

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/audiokit-l7-auv3-live-looper/id1485507635

If you’re still having issues, my email is [email protected].

Thanks! 🙏

• edited February 2020

Hi guys, L7 received a lot of 1 star reviews after the stability issues with the AUv3 update. These reviews really damage the project in the long run by hurting App Store search rankings and discouraging others from downloading the app.

If you left a negative review, would you mind updating it? And if you haven’t left a review, would you mind leaving one?

Thanks! 🙏

i haven’t left a review yet was waiting for all the updates and to actually give it a fair try... i think some people drop a review before they really give an app a fair trail... if it dosent do everything they ever wanted perfectly right away, they just go welp this one is trash... one star! it’s a terrible system imo...
    all that being said... it’s getting 5 from me!

• Going to leave a 5 star review on Italian AppStore. Great work @danielfromcodalabs

• @danielfromcodalabs said:
    Hi guys, L7 received a lot of 1 star reviews after the stability issues with the AUv3 update. These reviews really damage the project in the long run by hurting App Store search rankings and discouraging others from downloading the app.

Thanks! 🙏

Jeez, there really are some outdated reviews in the store. I recall that at one time it was a pain to reply to reviews in various regions, hope that has improved at least.

• 5⭐️ And review in spanish store

• Thank you guys! Really helps out a lot 🙂

• Will do as soon as I possibly can!❤️

Thank you guys! Really helps out a lot 🙂

• 5 Star review left on the AppStore ❤️❤️❤️

Thank you guys! Really helps out a lot 🙂

• honest review posted . ⭐️ ⭐️⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

• Another 5 stars from me :) in the German store

• @jacou said:
    Another 5 stars from me :) in the German store

This. Germany dropped another 5star rev! 💪🏼

• Hi there.
    I am a both an AUM and a L7 newbie !
    I made live looping session, recorded some loops, everything went fine. I chose to save the session in L7 and also in AUM. Tempo was 91. On the next day, I opened the AUM session, so all the AU instruments and effects were in place (Man this is fantastic by the way!). But in L7, there is now a short blank at the end of each loop, that wasn’t here when I did my session on the previous day. What am I doing wrong ?
    Thanks for your help and for this amazing tool !!!
    Take Care.

• Hey guys, old tech head, synthy, guitar guy here. I'm pretty hip with MIDI and tech as a general rule, but some of these loopers and app specs seem reather ambiguous and can sometimes disappoint in the flesh. Long time lurker. My question...

So can I select and switch tracks with MIDI in L7? I wish to create a verse, chorus, C section, intro & outro, etc, and switch between them with a MIDI (foot) controller? Or is L7 just a solo and mute thing for the tracks? I'm also eyeing off Quantiloop and Group The Loop which could be more what I need (thoughts?). But I like the idea of L7 living on my guitar input track in AUM. Sorry if this has been covered. If I missed it, it's not from a lack of searching and researching. I just couldnt find any definitive info about it.

Peace all, and kudos to Daniel for the hard work and very clever apps - regardless of if it fits my needs perfectly.

• @niktu. It sounds like Group the Loop is what you’re looking for. I use it to create traditional song structure and though I don’t use a midi foot switch I know that it’s possible per a post by the dev on his forum recently.

• Everyone and @danielfromcodalabs i literally just learned about this today and am really excited, having just returned my Boss RC 505 this week in favor of an iOS looping setup!

I’m going to buy it once I get me iPad this week (I’m only on phone now), but I’m curious:

Through audio bus, can I play synth or guitar in another app and have that feed into a track here? With no lag or stutter when switching apps?

Since I play a lot of guitar and can’t easily stop a verse track from recording and starting a new chorus or bridge track handsfree in a live looping situation ... Is there a way to use the iRig blueboard footswitch (or other) to stop and start some or all tracks? My dream is to hit one button to tell track one to stop recording at the end of the loop and auto start recording track 2 once track 1’s Loop is over. Ie, one click near the end of track1 gets me ready to record the chorus of a song, for example, hands free one track 2.

Effects I hope are in there or added soon:

• is there panning delay? (Stereo auto panning or just manual per track left or right pan)
    • Is there a stop/scratch effect (zip sound to shut everything off suddenly)
    • splicer (chops all tracks into rythymic stutter patterns

I bet I’m going to give this 5⭐️

• Just bought the app on iPhone and realized I probably should’ve waited until I got my iPad.

Question: is there a way to have a track record automatically when sound is detected? Auto record ?

Right now, it looks like I just have to hit a button and wait for the countdown clock, then try to time everything perfectly.

• Thx @Ben. Yeah GTL is looking the business for me, I think. Doesn't have the multioutputs like others but the builtin effects and AUv3 effects should somewhat make up for it. Exciting times to make music. IOS tech is just so darn clever, even if still a little flakey at times. Hats off to all the devs. You advance music tech with every app you make. Thankyou.

• @jazzmess said:
    Hi there.
    I am a both an AUM and a L7 newbie !
    I made live looping session, recorded some loops, everything went fine. I chose to save the session in L7 and also in AUM. Tempo was 91. On the next day, I opened the AUM session, so all the AU instruments and effects were in place (Man this is fantastic by the way!). But in L7, there is now a short blank at the end of each loop, that wasn’t here when I did my session on the previous day. What am I doing wrong ?
    Thanks for your help and for this amazing tool !!!
    Take Care.

Hey there, thanks for letting me know! I will take a look and try my best to get this fixed ASAP.

• @Nolefinity said:
    Just bought the app on iPhone and realized I probably should’ve waited until I got my iPad.

Question: is there a way to have a track record automatically when sound is detected? Auto record ?

Right now, it looks like I just have to hit a button and wait for the countdown clock, then try to time everything perfectly.

Not right now, but I’m working on this for the next update.