Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Poly 2 is out

Comments

• Just in case someone is searching. This app is frigging hard to find in the AppStore

https://apps.apple.com/de/app/poly-2/id1477029326

• I’m astonished. In Italian App Store the app is 3.7 while it is real one of the best app for musician. Super versatile. Leave a 5 star review to balance this inequiti @JSMilton.

• @Charlesalbert said:
    I’m astonished. In Italian App Store the app is 3.7 while it is real one of the best app for musician. Super versatile. Leave a 5 star review to balance this inequiti @JSMilton.

Thanks man!

So I think the Italian app store had a few 1 star reviews when the app first launched because of the broken IAP, which is probably distorting the number slightly. Really appreciate the review though man.

• @JSMilton said:
    Hey guys, just pushed version 2.0 to the store. Patch notes:

• iPhone support
    • New rotation randomisation control
    • New control to toggle strong or weak randomisations
    • The sample select screen now shows all the selected samples by color
    • A color selector has been added to the sample select screen to save users going back and forth when adding multiple samples
    • You can now double tap a color to lock / unlock all nodes of that color

Cheers!

Thanks.. 5 stars...

• Sweet Update!

• 💪 (strong mutate, strong update)

• @JSMilton said:

• iPhone support
    • A color selector has been added to the sample select screen to save users going back and forth when adding multiple samples

Cheers!

Heads up guys... This update appears to delete/remove user samples! I’d recommend not updating yet if you had/have an extensive, organized collection of samples in Poly2...

• @RajahP said:

@audiblevideo said:

@reasOne said:

@RajahP said:
    Just saying... nice.. goes together like bread and butter...

nice, what midi fx is that??

At the top of the AU window -- Suggester

The new and improved Suggester...Beautiful. Big thanks to both developers. At the top of their game...

Not forgetting SynthMaster Player.. And AUM.

<3

For the life of me, I can’t figure out why the Suggester dev is so dead set on not having a latch mode for chords... been requesting that over a year now... seems so obvious!

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@RajahP said:

@audiblevideo said:

@reasOne said:

@RajahP said:

The new and improved Suggester...Beautiful. Big thanks to both developers. At the top of their game...

<3

For the life of me, I can’t figure out why the Suggester dev is so dead set on not having a latch mode for chords... been requesting that over a year now... seems so obvious!

Can you explain what you mean by ‘latch mode’?

• @RajahP said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@RajahP said:

@audiblevideo said:

@reasOne said:

@RajahP said:

<3

Can you explain what you mean by ‘latch mode’?

Press a cord and it keeps playing until you press it again. I'd love to use suggester like chordpolypad, but suggester seems to only allow "preview" to be note lengths.

• Is there any way to import full folders? It doesn’t seem to create a folder on my phone that is accessible

• @Fingolfinzzz said:
    Is there any way to import full folders? It doesn’t seem to create a folder on my phone that is accessible

I'd love to import whole folders as well, so I can keep files more organized.

• Is poly2 universal? Or is unlocking for iphone a separate app?

• i cannot find the random button on the iphone version to randomly resequence the nodes.... is it not in the iphone version or am i missing it
    @JSMilton

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Is poly2 universal? Or is unlocking for iphone a separate app?

universal

• @reasOne said:
    i cannot find the random button on the iphone version to randomly resequence the nodes.... is it not in the iphone version or am i missing it
    @JSMilton

Swipe down from just below the sequencing area to reveal additional controls; they’re in the top right:

• ahhhh!!!! there it is! thank ya @aplourde

• How do you commit to the randomisation on iPad? Only the third parameter down ‘locks’ it into a new pattern when you slide to the + button as written in the manual. The others return the pattern to normal as soon as you let go of the randomise button. Tapping them also returns the pattern to normal as soon as the randomiser lets go. Is this a bug?

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    How do you commit to the randomisation on iPad? Only the third parameter down ‘locks’ it into a new pattern when you slide to the + button as written in the manual. The others return the pattern to normal as soon as you let go of the randomise button. Tapping them also returns the pattern to normal as soon as the randomiser lets go. Is this a bug?

You slide to the plus sign and the variation is added to the A-P pattern list. Bottom right corner to access.

• @Michael_R_Grant said:
    How do you commit to the randomisation on iPad? Only the third parameter down ‘locks’ it into a new pattern when you slide to the + button as written in the manual. The others return the pattern to normal as soon as you let go of the randomise button. Tapping them also returns the pattern to normal as soon as the randomiser lets go. Is this a bug?

That's a bug, I'll be releasing fix in version 2.0.2 either today or tomorrow.

• @JSMilton said:

@Michael_R_Grant said:

That's a bug, I'll be releasing fix in version 2.0.2 either today or tomorrow.

Excellent, I was wondering if I was being stupid! Lovely app, btw.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@JSMilton said:

• iPhone support

Cheers!

Heads up guys... This update appears to delete/remove user samples! I’d recommend not updating yet if you had/have an extensive, organized collection of samples in Poly2...

Is this confirmed?

I'm pausing on updating atm.

• @SpookyZoo said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@JSMilton said:

• iPhone support

Cheers!

Is this confirmed?

I've tested it internally and the upgrade path seems to work fine. No missing samples. Not sure what happened with @MonkeyDrummer, so could well be an issue that I'm not detecting. Did anyone else with imported samples have any issues?

• @SpookyZoo said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@JSMilton said:

• iPhone support

Cheers!

Is this confirmed?

Maybe it was just me... Could have something to do with having used beta or something... But all my user samples did seem to go away.

• Just released 2.0.2, which fixes the randomise copy button as well as addressing a memory issue that caused intermittent crashing on big iPhones.

• edited April 2020

@JSMilton said:

I've tested it internally and the upgrade path seems to work fine. No missing samples. Not sure what happened with @MonkeyDrummer, so could well be an issue that I'm not detecting. Did anyone else with imported samples have any issues?

I just updated to Poly v2.0 and my samples were still there.

There weren't that many to be honest and I hadn't used the 'import folder' method previously. Whether that was something that may be contributing to @MonkeyDrummer 's findings?

Didn't see 2.02 yet.

Cheers

• @SpookyZoo said:

@JSMilton said:

I just updated to Poly v2.0 and my samples were still there.

There weren't that many to be honest and I hadn't used the 'import folder' method previously. Whether that was something that may be contributing to @MonkeyDrummer 's findings?

Didn't see 2.02 yet.

Cheers

That's good!

• really digging the iphone version! the workflow is really good for the small screen, well thought out and very playable and programmable.

i am wondering, is it possible to arrange the patterns in to a song mode that plays thru them automatically? i haven’t RTFM 🤣

• so is there a way to snap the dots to a grid? i’d like to align them to line up on grid.

• @eross said:
    so is there a way to snap the dots to a grid? i’d like to align them to line up on grid.

basically i just want to get my kick sample and snare sample on 1/8 notes. and then the rest of my sample dots can be out of time