Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Poly 2 is out

Comments

• @SpookyZoo and @Carnbot : glad you liked the vid. Yeah, the app is awesome!

• Good video explaining Midi In and the slightly confusing Beat Skip numbers.

A node's playback sequence of the Midi In notes could benefit from more options than just "random". "Note entered order" would be nice when latching keys like in the video. Arp-like modes (up, down, ...) would also be useful.

• I've been taught about poly 2 in other discussions and currently looking at how to use this cool sequencer to trigger Ruis Maker FM running on BM3.

Apparently, it seems that poly 2 transmits MIDI channels for each color of the circle and can control the device on the receiving side, But for now I don't know how to send different MIDI signals to the six channels of Ruis Maker FM running on BM3.

If anyone here knows how to do that, please let me know! (Excuse me. I'm new to iOS, so I need some rudimentary advice.)

• _ki_ki
    edited February 2020

@swiperrr Some time ago i published a Mozaic script for this use-case to simplyfy the process. The script works well in AB3, apeMatrix and AUM.
    But i don‘t know if one can do midi routings inside BM3, which is required for the script.

Okay - i just tried it myself and here are the instructions:

How to setup Poly 2 routing to RuisMaker FM in BeatMaker 3

With Ruismaker FM loaded as pad plugin, choose MIDI FX and load Poly 2:

In POLY2, select settings and MIDI and setup output notes for the first 6 channels - here for the first RuisMaker FM instrument:

You find the note settings needed for the other instruments in the RuisMaker FM manual:

BTW: In that RuisMaker table, channel means sound channel and not midi channel - the RuisMakers react to these notes on all midi channels, so the midi output channel you setup in Poly 2 doesn‘t matter.

Have fun :)

• Anyone knows what these controls are for, couldn’t see anything in the manual ? ;-)

• @_ki said:
    @swiperrr Some time ago i published a Mozaic script for this use-case to simplyfy the process. The script works well in AB3, apeMatrix and AUM.
    But i don‘t know if one can do midi routings inside BM3, which is required for the script.

OKAY - i found out how to do it an will update this post... I need to do some screenshots for the settings. Stand by for updates...

@_ki said:

OKAY - i found out how to do it an will update this post... I need to do some screenshots for the settings. Stand by for updates...

@_ki said:

Thank you!

Indeed, I can't do that with poly2, BM3, and RuisMaker only. I don't have a mosaic yet, but would like to have one.

• edited February 2020

@topaz said:
    Anyone knows what these controls are for, couldn’t see anything in the manual ? ;-)

The patterns (A, B, ...) may store which FX slot (1-4) it uses. You can see that the icon above the 1-4 is the FX icon in the top bar. So you may have pattern A using FX config 1, pattern B using FX config 2 etc. Edit: On the FX page, you can set up these 4 slots with variations on the FX parameters.

I asked @ElliottGarage whether a similar thing could be added to EG Pulse at some point.

• edited February 2020

@topaz said:
    Anyone knows what these controls are for, couldn’t see anything in the manual ? ;-)

Thank you. I don't have enough skills of English so I'm going to translate it little by little and check everything. It's embarrassing to understand so slowly, but I'll look up the meaning of what you have shown in the manual.

• _ki_ki
    edited February 2020

@swiperrr I updated my above message with instructions on how to setup the routing from Poly2 to RuisMaker FM in BM3 without the need of the Mozaic script (which only would have simplified the note assignment)

I also checked that if the Mozaic script solution would work. The answer is NO, because BM3 forces all notes output by Poly 2 onto midi channel 1, regardless of the output channel set in Poly 2 - i checked that with a midi debugger. This means, no multi-channel midi input / output script will work in BM 3 :/

• Love to have an option to auto slice a loop to nodes ;-) x 8

• Unless I’m missing something it would be great to have direction options, fwd, reverse, bounce etc. ;-)

• @_ki said:
    @swiperrr I updated my above message with instructions on how to setup the routing from Poly2 to RuisMaker FM in BM3 without the need of the Mozaic script (which only would have simplified the note assignment)

I also checked that if the Mozaic script solution would work. The answer is NO, because BM3 forces all notes output by Poly 2 onto midi channel 1, regardless of the output channel set in Poly 2 - i checked that with a midi debugger. This means, no multi-channel midi input / output script will work in BM 3 :/

Thank you for very polite advice×D
    I’ll try the way you taught me in the above article.

In other words, If I set all MIDI output channels of Poly 2 to 1ch, and set the root note setting to C #, D #, F # 2, G # 2, A # 2, C # 3 for each circle color, Can Poly 2 trigger each channels of RuisMaker FM individually even in BM3?

• @swiperrr said:
    In other words, If I set all MIDI output channels of Poly 2 to 1ch, and set the root note setting to C #, D #, F # 2, G # 2, A # 2, C # 3 for each circle color, Can Poly 2 trigger each channels of RuisMaker FM individually even in BM3?

Exactly - Poly2 needs to be loaded as Midi Fx for RuisMaker FM and spit out the correct notes on the right octave, the midi channel does not matter (as BM unsolicited and incorrectly will change that to ch 1)

• @_ki said:

@swiperrr said:

Exactly - Poly2 needs to be loaded as Midi Fx for RuisMaker FM and spit out the correct notes on the right octave, the midi channel does not matter (as BM unsolicited and incorrectly will change that to ch 1)

Thank you.

In other words, I have to assign any 6ch of Poly2 to the note number specified by RuisMaker FM may be. This is a little inconvenient.

I’m now wondering whether to introduce Poly2 or Rozeta X0X as a sequencer to trigger RuisMaker FM on BM3.

Does Rozeta X0X have to be manually assigned note numbers that I want to trigger like Poly2? Or is there a preset for RuisMaker FM like X2 and can I call up the mapping just by selecting it?

I really would like to use Poly2, but it's not reasonable to tweak the beat with the BM3 piano roll. Does anyone know better way?

• @swiperrr You only have to do the notes setup once: Poly2 can import just the midi settings from other saved projects. So just setup the drum-notes for Ruismaker Fm and save this as ‚Ruismaker FM Template‘ project.
    Now if, you want to setup another project with the same mapping (in BM3 or even in another host) , go to midi settings and import the settings from the saved ‚Ruismaker FM Template‘

Rozeta X0X & Rythm offer several predefined output note settings - you can‘t add own named presets, but adjust all notes and then the currently used settings are stored with its presets.

Rozeta Rythm is an euclidean drum sequencer like Poly 2, but Poly 2 has lots of more parameters (like skip ever other hit, probabilities etc) per hit.

• Thank you :)

I read the Poly2's online manual but didn't realize that it could save MIDI mapping presets. That’s so nice :D

• @swiperrr said:

@_ki said:

@swiperrr said:

Thank you.

In other words, I have to assign any 6ch of Poly2 to the note number specified by RuisMaker FM may be. This is a little inconvenient.

I’m now wondering whether to introduce Poly2 or Rozeta X0X as a sequencer to trigger RuisMaker FM on BM3.

Does Rozeta X0X have to be manually assigned note numbers that I want to trigger like Poly2? Or is there a preset for RuisMaker FM like X2 and can I call up the mapping just by selecting it?

I really would like to use Poly2, but it's not reasonable to tweak the beat with the BM3 piano roll. Does anyone know better way?

You only have to do it once and it took more time to write your post than it would take to set it up...

• Morning guys,

I just pushed version 1.6 to the store, which has support for AUv3 multi outputs. Have a nice Sunday!

• @JSMilton said:
    Morning guys,

I just pushed version 1.6 to the store, which has support for AUv3 multi outputs. Have a nice Sunday!

Great, thank you!

• @JSMilton said:
    Morning guys,

Nice!

• @JSMilton said:
    Morning guys,

Thank you!

• Already out! Good to see devs add multi out support so quickly.

• @JSMilton said:
    Morning guys,

great!!... thank you

• No worries guys, glad to do it! Been hoping that AU hosts would implement this for a while now.

• Poly 2 multi outs into multiple Scatterbrain instances = scattered brains and cranial cleanup for someone else

• edited February 2020

Thanks... Can we get an updated video on Poly 2? So many features were added since...

• @RajahP said:
    Thanks... Can we get an updated video on Poly 2? So many features were added since...

I'm currently in the middle of the iPhone version, but once I'm done I plan on making a whole series of videos explaining all the various features. Similar to the playlist that Elliot Garage has on Youtube about Pulse. Probably won't be for about another month or so (iPhones are damn small) but it's coming.

• @JSMilton said:

@RajahP said:

I'm currently in the middle of the iPhone version, but once I'm done I plan on making a whole series of videos explaining all the various features. Similar to the playlist that Elliot Garage has on Youtube about Pulse. Probably won't be for about another month or so (iPhones are damn small) but it's coming.

I know you’re busy, but I just thought I’d ask about MV08, my favorite 808 machine.

Any chance, eventually getting AU/non IAA multiple outs?

Regards, and for all you’ve already done