Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Poly 2 is out

Comments

• @torrescampalans said:

@JSMilton said:
    Morning guys,

I just pushed version 1.6 to the store, which has support for AUv3 multi outputs. Have a nice Sunday!

great!!... thank you

Yes!!! Thank you!

• edited February 2020

@audiblevideo said:

@JSMilton said:

@RajahP said:
    Thanks... Can we get an updated video on Poly 2? So many features were added since...

I'm currently in the middle of the iPhone version, but once I'm done I plan on making a whole series of videos explaining all the various features. Similar to the playlist that Elliot Garage has on Youtube about Pulse. Probably won't be for about another month or so (iPhones are damn small) but it's coming.

I know you’re busy, but I just thought I’d ask about MV08, my favorite 808 machine.

Any chance, eventually getting AU/non IAA multiple outs?

Regards, and for all you’ve already done

He posted earlier today that AU multi-outs was just released as version 1.6.

--EDIT: my bad. he was asking about MV08 not Poly 2.

• @espiegel123

I think he was asking about the MV08! Kinda the wrong thread but that's cool.

@audiblevideo

I'm kind of maxed out with Poly these days but I do plan on modernizing MV08 at some point this year. I'd like to have the whole sequencer available in the AU, not just the sound module. I'd definitely be adding things like multi out to it when I get around to doing it. Won't be for a while though!

• @JSMilton no worries. I have no problem using it as it is, just was curious about the future ;)

• @JSMilton said:
    I'm kind of maxed out with Poly these days but I do plan on modernizing MV08 at some point this year. I'd like to have the whole sequencer available in the AU, not just the sound module. I'd definitely be adding things like multi out to it when I get around to doing it. Won't be for a while though!

That would be killer!

• share thing’s you’ve made with poly 2! let’s hear those sketches ... i haven’t upgraded yet

• edited February 2020

A lot of my recent posts all use Poly2 for sequencing drums hosted in AudioLayer as individual tracks, but with multi-out now available going to try to host directly in Poly2.

Here's one. I don't think I've shared it here:

• @reasOne said:
    share thing’s you’ve made with poly 2! let’s hear those sketches ... i haven’t upgraded yet

Most of the vids with TekSketch were done with Poly2
    https://www.instagram.com/drumunkey/channel/

• Damn, I was really missing out not getting this sooner

• @topaz said:
    Anyone knows what these controls are for, couldn’t see anything in the manual ? ;-)

+1 on this one. Does anyone knows?

• @sly said:

@topaz said:
    Anyone knows what these controls are for, couldn’t see anything in the manual ? ;-)

It's for recalling different Effects settings. In the Effects page (you see the same icon of dots at the top of your screen) you can create 4 different configs. These buttons allow quick recall.

• @sly said:

@topaz said:

Fx snapshots

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@reasOne said:
    share thing’s you’ve made with poly 2! let’s hear those sketches ... i haven’t upgraded yet

followed

• @reasOne said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@reasOne said:

followed

Thanks! Btw, the above statement is not really true of most the recent stuff. I’ve been goofing around more with Rosetta rhythm and fractal bits. Soon to be converting the münkeymixer to work with model:samples.

• sold on this after taking a focused dive in on it standalone version, this thing has it all for what i’ll most likey be using for drum sequencing purposes. beat skip, probability, p locks, offset, the crazy fill buttons for temporary pattern and sample changes, envelope, effects, audio unit, song arranging mode, how easy it is to take a kick from 4 to the floor every step to every other and so on... and everything else. an amazing app

• without scrolling thru this entire thread, has their been any mention of this porting to iphone?
    just got it today and i have to say this is my fav auv3 for percussion! wouldn’t mind jamming it on my iphone...i have poly 1 on it but didn’t get the iap

• You're in luck; Last we heard (one page back, bottom), this is exactly what he's working on atm.

• @reasOne said:
    sold on this after taking a focused dive in on it standalone version, this thing has it all for what i’ll most likey be using for drum sequencing purposes. beat skip, probability, p locks, offset, the crazy fill buttons for temporary pattern and sample changes, envelope, effects, audio unit, song arranging mode, how easy it is to take a kick from 4 to the floor every step to every other and so on... and everything else. an amazing app

Glad you like it man! Always nice to get some positive feedback.

@reasOne said:
    without scrolling thru this entire thread, has their been any mention of this porting to iphone?
    just got it today and i have to say this is my fav auv3 for percussion! wouldn’t mind jamming it on my iphone...i have poly 1 on it but didn’t get the iap

I'm submitting the iPhone version to Apple this afternoon, so hopefully in the next few days it'll be live. There's a few more changes in the next update for iPad users too. I'll let you guys know when it's live.

Hope you're all doing well and staying safe.

• Nice! Looking forward to it.

While waiting, I recommend checking out the beat skip/midi in video at the bottom of page 14.

• @JSMilton said:
    I'm submitting the iPhone version to Apple this afternoon, so hopefully in the next few days it'll be live. There's a few more changes in the next update for iPad users too. I'll let you guys know when it's live.

Fantastic! Now I can use Poly 2 on my daily commute.... from my bed to my desk.... :#

Seriously though, thank you! Poly 2 is an amazing instrument; I’m still only scratching the surface of what it can do!

• edited April 2020

@JSMilton said:

@reasOne said:
    sold on this after taking a focused dive in on it standalone version, this thing has it all for what i’ll most likey be using for drum sequencing purposes. beat skip, probability, p locks, offset, the crazy fill buttons for temporary pattern and sample changes, envelope, effects, audio unit, song arranging mode, how easy it is to take a kick from 4 to the floor every step to every other and so on... and everything else. an amazing app

Glad you like it man! Always nice to get some positive feedback.

@reasOne said:
    without scrolling thru this entire thread, has their been any mention of this porting to iphone?

absolutely on the feedback, as soon as i get back to my ipad i’ll be leaving an app store review, ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    excellent news on the iphone release!

@aplourde said:

@JSMilton said:

Fantastic! Now I can use Poly 2 on my daily commute.... from my bed to my desk.... :#

Seriously though, thank you! Poly 2 is an amazing instrument; I’m still only scratching the surface of what it can do!

agreed! its amazing and really can do a lot more than expected

• Just saying... nice.. goes together like bread and butter...

• @RajahP said:
    Just saying... nice.. goes together like bread and butter...

nice, what midi fx is that??

• @reasOne said:

@RajahP said:

At the top of the AU window -- Suggester

• edited April 2020

@audiblevideo said:

@reasOne said:

@RajahP said:

At the top of the AU window -- Suggester

The new and improved Suggester...Beautiful. Big thanks to both developers. At the top of their game...

Not forgetting SynthMaster Player.. And AUM.

<3

• edited April 2020

Hey guys, just pushed version 2.0 to the store. Patch notes:

• iPhone support
    • New rotation randomisation control
    • New control to toggle strong or weak randomisations
    • The sample select screen now shows all the selected samples by color
    • A color selector has been added to the sample select screen to save users going back and forth when adding multiple samples
    • You can now double tap a color to lock / unlock all nodes of that color

Cheers!

• edited April 2020

@JSMilton said:
    Hey guys, just pushed version 2.0 to the store. Patch notes:

• iPhone support
    • New rotation randomisation control
    • New control to toggle strong or weak randomisations
    • The sample select screen now shows all the selected samples by color
    • A color selector has been added to the sample select screen to save users going back and forth when adding multiple samples
    • You can now double tap a color to lock / unlock all nodes of that color

Cheers!

ah man! great update! thank ya

• Awesome!!!! iPhone wooopwooop!!!
    Thanks sir!!!

• Great! I love this app

• the update hit my ipad,! but not yet in the store... cmon apple!