Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Acid by Jim Audio!!! This is the best news ever!!!

Comments

• Midi out would be cool. Then it’s also 2 different sequencers. Especially the bass sequencer.

• Midi out is available on the inter-app audio version so you can have that along with Pure Acid audio units running alongside.

• Not sure, if it's mentioned, but sample import would be a lot of fun.

• R_2R_2
    edited August 2020

@auxmux said:
    Not sure, if it's mentioned, but sample import would be a lot of fun.

Mentioned in November ;)

Would be great fun to add some custom drums (or Acieeed screams :D)
    Here it is with some CR-78 for instance:

• hot jam right there ^^^

• I have been thinking about trying to put into words how much I like this app - but I can’t - my head starts feeling numb after several minutes of trying.
    Thank you Jim Audio - you are a genius.

• edited September 2020

+♾

• Masterpiece

• First, I love Pure Acid! New favorite!
    Now here is something that riddles me. I wanted to sequence the drums with Octachron. The drum kick sound from input from Octachron is distorted in PA multiout. Why?

I route Octachron to PA, choose chan10, choose GM template. Add steps to bd channel in Octachron. PA sound comes out fine, but it’s still on master out. In PA I change the output channel of the bd to channel 2 and the sound becomes distorted, like cpu overload. But nothing else is running, and I did a fresh hard reset. Can reproduce every time. Changed Octachron to Rozeta Rhythm and it also comes out distorted.
    Any clues what I can do about it?

I have a video, hope it works.
    https://www.dropbox.com/l/scl/AACIYp5CEXSAFmGufzoLPcpGkow9GoZCELs

• @Frank303 said:
    First, I love Pure Acid! New favorite!
    Now here is something that riddles me. I wanted to sequence the drums with Octachron. The drum kick sound from input from Octachron is distorted in PA multiout. Why?

I route Octachron to PA, choose chan10, choose GM template. Add steps to bd channel in Octachron. PA sound comes out fine, but it’s still on master out. In PA I change the output channel of the bd to channel 2 and the sound becomes distorted, like cpu overload. But nothing else is running, and I did a fresh hard reset. Can reproduce every time. Changed Octachron to Rozeta Rhythm and it also comes out distorted.
    Any clues what I can do about it?

I have a video, hope it works.
    https://www.dropbox.com/l/scl/AACIYp5CEXSAFmGufzoLPcpGkow9GoZCELs

Have you tried lowering the Kick volume in Pure Acid?

• edited September 2020

@jolico it is only distorted for the steps coming from Octachron. I send 2 steps from Octachron and 2 from PA Sequencer in the same bar, PA steps sound good, steps from Octachron distorted, so I think the volume can’t be the issue? Also, it only happens when I choose to select the bd track to send to output bus 2, it plays fine when PA receives steps when the master out (default) is selected.

• @Frank303 said:
    @jolico it is only distorted for the steps coming from Octachron. I send 2 steps from Octachron and 2 from PA Sequencer in the same bar, PA steps sound good, steps from Octachron distorted, so I think the volume can’t be the issue? Also, it only happens when I choose to select the bd track to send to output bus 2, it plays fine when PA receives steps when the master out (default) is selected.

Maybe a bug?
    If that’s the case, only @jimpavloff can help.

Have you tried changing buffer size in the AUM settings?
    Sometimes even lower buffer sizes solve problems in AUM.

• @jolico yeah tried changing buffer sizes. Thanks for thinking along!
    Guess I’ll send a message to the dev.

• edited September 2020

@Frank303 have you tried lowering the velocity on Octachron?
    Or could any other parameter been passing through? Like boost or some fx?

• @senhorlampada yep. Higher, lower, it’s the same. But only when I send the audio to a bus. The audio when send form Octachron sounds fine when it come through the master bus. (PA in multi out, next to the drum steps the switch that lets you select drum set and bus)

• @Frank303 said:
    @senhorlampada yep. Higher, lower, it’s the same. But only when I send the audio to a bus. The audio when send form Octachron sounds fine when it come through the master bus. (PA in multi out, next to the drum steps the switch that lets you select drum set and bus)

This happened to me once, but from PA’s internal sequencer.

The kick was clean from the master out, but serious digital clipping from the multi-outs.

Lowering the kick volume solved the problem for me, but it never happened again.
    Tried to reproduce it, but the kick stays clean on all outputs now.

iPhone 6s
    iOS 14.0.1

• Got a reply from @jimpavloff (super fast!), will update.

• Awesome videos @jolico
    Was laughing at the guys sharing some vodka while improvising banging tracks :lol:

• When loaded as an AUv3, has anyone found a way to trigger the drum sounds via an external sequencer (such as Atom?)

at the moment all incoming midi notes are sent straight to the bass module, and I can’t find any way to switch this over to the drum module.

• @tk32 said:
    When loaded as an AUv3, has anyone found a way to trigger the drum sounds via an external sequencer (such as Atom?)

at the moment all incoming midi notes are sent straight to the bass module, and I can’t find any way to switch this over to the drum module.

If I recall correctly drums respond on Midi Channel 10.

• @Samu said:

Confirmed! thanks Samu.

Weirdly the drums don’t seem to be mapped in chromatic sequence. but with a little patience I can probably figure them all out.

• @tk32 said:

@Samu said:

Confirmed! thanks Samu.

Weirdly the drums don’t seem to be mapped in chromatic sequence. but with a little patience I can probably figure them all out.

The mapping should be like this

B1   BD1
    C2   BD2
    D2   SD1
    E2   SD2
    F2   LT
    G2  HT
    A2   LC
    B2   HC
    C3   empty
    C#2  RIM
    D#2  CLP
    F#2  HH
    G#2  MA
    A#2  OH
    C#3 CR
    D#3 RD

G#3 cowbell

• @tk32 said:

@Samu said:

Confirmed! thanks Samu.

Standard GM mapping ;)

• Thanks @Lorichs and @Samu

Had no idea he was using GM mapping. Feel like an idiot now. :)

• @tk32 said:
    When loaded as an AUv3, has anyone found a way to trigger the drum sounds via an external sequencer (such as Atom?)

You can set which channel the drums response to in the standalone’s MIDI setup. I think the AUv3 uses the same setup. As Samu pointed out, the default is channel 10 for the drummers—which is the traditional MIDI channel from drum machines/sounds.

• edited October 2020

Thanks everyone.

One last question: how might I trigger accented notes over midi for the bass and drum modules? do you simply send notes with Velocity 127, or is there a separate note/channel to receive accents on?

I’m working on a new Pure Acid setup in AUM that I’d like to share with the community in due course.

• Answering my own question...

As far as I can tell, full velocity midi notes are used to trigger accented bass and drum notes. No additional midi signals required.