Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Acid by Jim Audio!!! This is the best news ever!!!

Comments

• edited May 2020

Does Pure Acid ever go on sale. Would like to get both JA groove boxes but they are pricey.

• wimwim
    edited May 2020

https://appsliced.co/app?n=pure-acid&l=list

Recent Price Changes
    $14.99 since Apr 12, '20
    $7.99 for 7 days Apr 05, '20
    $14.99 for 3 days Apr 02, '20
    $15.99 for 93 days Dec 31, '19
    $9.99 for 7 days Dec 24, '19
    $15.99 for 15 days Dec 09, '19
    $10.99 for 10 days Nov 29, '19
    $9.99 before Nov 29, '19

• Well that's cool. Appsliced, remember the name. Thanks

• Playing with oscilloscopes today and the wave forms of Pure Acid don’t really look like they should.
    The square wave looks more like a saw wave.

Still sounds amazing though.

• @jolico said:
    Playing with oscilloscopes today and the wave forms of Pure Acid don’t really look like they should.

That’s what 303 square waves look like. Throw a pure square wave through a highpass filter and watch the magic happen.

• @jolico said:
    Playing with oscilloscopes today and the wave forms of Pure Acid don’t really look like they should.

You can find YouTube demos of the various waveforms from actual hardware synths and you will find that square waves rarely look like mathematically perfect square waves.There is a lot of variation from analog synth to analog synth which gives them their unique characters.

• @Lorichs said:

@reasOne said:
    i still wanna hear some one make a down tempo ambient electronica style jam with this. i may have to buy it at that point. i literally can’t listen to any more acid demos lol
    i’ve heard some great 303 ambient jams loaded with reverb and pitch effects

Well i wouldn’t call it ambient but at least it is not agressive 🤗 I wondered how banjo and fiddle would blend with the 303 sound so I made this little experiment. It’s is not polished at all and i’m a scratchy fiddler.

Ha! Love it! It’s so refreshing to hear an acoustic instrument.. Banjo.. wish I had one.. Open G tuning is one of many favourites I use on my guitars..
    Great blending of sounds.. Would love to hear more..
    How many other instruments do you play?

I’m always trying to find ways of incorporating my acoustic guitar or mandolin into some of my non-acoustic journeys in sound.. as usual, the guitar is always in an altered tuning and not really in tune with anything else.. which makes it challenging to add.. and to tune it up properly would kill the moment + vibe.. need to work around that..
    Thanks for sharing..

• @brambos said:

@jolico said:

That’s what 303 square waves look like. Throw a pure square wave through a highpass filter and watch the magic happen.

Holy crap. It’s exactly the same.

• @espiegel123 said:

@jolico said:

You can find YouTube demos of the various waveforms from actual hardware synths and you will find that square waves rarely look like mathematically perfect square waves.There is a lot of variation from analog synth to analog synth which gives them their unique characters.

👍

• @royor Thank so much for the words. 5 string Banjo ( clawhammer style) is my main instrument but i also play guitar, fiddle, jaw harp and ( electric ) bass. In this track the banjo is not in open G but in double D tuning and the fiddle is in open D tuning.

The idear for this track comes from a Mike Seeger recording of Trader Boatman. It’s a banjo jaw harp duet. Jaw harp always reminds me of the 303 sound and that is how i got the idear to mix banjo and 303.

Open tunings are super genorous and blending acoustic with electronic instrument can give some sweet results but I agree that it can be challenging.

Strange with the tuning issues that you are dealing with. Have you tried a heavyer gage. I have experienced tuning issues with low tunings and to light gage on my banjo ( haha there is ALWAYS tuning issues with a banjo 🤣😂)

• @Lorichs said:

@reasOne said:
    i still wanna hear some one make a down tempo ambient electronica style jam with this. i may have to buy it at that point. i literally can’t listen to any more acid demos lol

Well i wouldn’t call it ambient but at least it is not agressive 🤗 I wondered how banjo and fiddle would blend with the 303 sound so I made this little experiment. It’s is not polished at all and i’m a scratchy fiddler.

Like that a lot! Thanks! 😎👍🏼

• Will “Pure Acid” ever get a 2nd 303 ?

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

What's the point when you can just use two instances?

• @Lorichs said:

@reasOne said:

Really good. Bits of the bayou comes to the club.

• @wim said:

I want to use it standalone with drums, bass and lead. ReBirth style.

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

@jolico said:

@wim said:

Standalone is for luddites. ;)

• @wim said:

@jolico said:

@wim said:

Better ask for a 2nd drum machine too if you wanna go ReBirth style. B)

It’s got sounds from the second and even a third drum machine already.

I just want to open it standalone, load my saved file with lead included and jam.

Would it really be so bad if a second 303 was added?

Also, an auto drum sequence generator would be nice.

• wimwim
    edited July 2020

@jolico said:

@wim said:

@jolico said:

@wim said:

Better ask for a 2nd drum machine too if you wanna go ReBirth style. B)

It’s got sounds from the second and even a third drum machine already.

I just want to open it standalone, load my saved file with lead included and jam.

Would it really be so bad if a second 303 was added?

Also, an auto drum sequence generator would be nice.

I'm just pulling your leg. Of course it wouldn't be bad.

Seriously though, it would be a major UI overhaul. If I was a developer and was looking at the amount of work it would be for the (IMO) relatively small number of additional people who would buy the product because of that feature who wouldn't otherwise, I sure wouldn't go to the trouble. But @jimpavloff is a crazy good and responsive developer, so who knows?

And personally again - I would rather have the interface not further complicated. I have no problem whatsoever with using multiple instances. I prefer it that way.

• Sorry chaps, been a long time since I had a fiddle with Jim, I can have more than 12 patterns though, no? Seem to be stuck....

• @JohnnyGoodyear
    1. Save your current patch in the User Bank (top middle) Each patch has 12 Bass + Drum patterns
    2. Go to the Factory Bank + find the init patch + execute
    3. Do a -Save as- (Your New Patch Name) into the User Bank
    4. Fill 12 more patterns (Bass + Drums)
    5. Rinse + repeat..

• @royor said:
    @JohnnyGoodyear
    1. Save your current patch in the User Bank (top middle) Each patch has 12 Bass + Drum patterns
    2. Go to the Factory Bank + find the init patch + execute
    3. Do a -Save as- (Your New Patch Name) into the User Bank
    4. Fill 12 more patterns (Bass + Drums)
    5. Rinse + repeat..

Thank you Captain, niocely clarified. I was thinking song modes and so forth, but will play it in something else. Appreciate your help!

• @JohnnyGoodyear You're welcome.. Ah, yes.. song mode.. I believe that's the chained pattern mode.. not sure what happens if you need more than the 12 patterns though.. Some of that would be covered in the great tips + tricks thread.. maybe worth a look?
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/comment/714774/#Comment_714774
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/35776/pure-acid-tips-tricks-tutorials-demos-and-preset-sharing

• Can the bass sequencer be used as an AUv3 MIDI Generator? I can load it in AUM as a MIDI plugin but it’s not appearing as a midi input option. It’s such a good sequencer I’d like to program other things with it, but am failing. Also can’t find a manual...stand-alone it has created a virtual port and is working, but not ideal.

• @dreamsaremaps said:
    Can the bass sequencer be used as an AUv3 MIDI Generator? I can load it in AUM as a MIDI plugin but it’s not appearing as a midi input option. It’s such a good sequencer I’d like to program other things with it, but am failing. Also can’t find a manual...stand-alone it has created a virtual port and is working, but not ideal.

No, sorry, there’s no midi out from the AUv3 version.

• I cant seem to export a patch from my phone to my ipad or vice versa. it gives me an error message when trying to load it. is this working?

• wimwim
    edited August 2020

I just shared a preset via airdrop with no trouble. How are you going about it?

• edited August 2020

Airdrop worked! I was saving in icloud and then opening it from there.

• 👍🏼

• Using iCloud failed for me too.
    @jimpavloff - FYI