Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Acid by Jim Audio!!! This is the best news ever!!!

Comments

• @tja said:

@RajahP said:
    Nice.. The power of Auv3.. No turning back..

What is this "FD" App, please?

Look in the in the picure.......down-left. Future Drummer is says

• @Pierre118 said:

@tja said:

@RajahP said:
    Nice.. The power of Auv3.. No turning back..

What is this "FD" App, please?

Look in the in the picure.......down-left. Future Drummer is says

I'm so blind.
    Many thanks!

• edited April 2020

@FPC , @Robosardine

Thanks for advice, it is not so comfortable like it could be in just one app, but it work, thanks :)

BTW it is shame that Rebirth gone from AppStore :neutral:

• @dakti said:
    @FPC , @Robosardine

Thanks for advice, it is not so comfortable like it could be in just one app, but it work, thanks :)

Stick around with it. It is a lot easier to negotiate than Rebirth, and I sounds a lot better. I promise you after a few hours getting used to it Rebirth will become but fond memory of past times.

• @robosardine said:

@dakti said:
    @FPC , @Robosardine

Stick around with it. It is a lot easier to negotiate than Rebirth, and I sounds a lot better. I promise you after a few hours getting used to it Rebirth will become but fond memory of past times.

I agree 😊. Rebirth was cool. But PA has much better workflow 🤘🏼😆.

• @jimpavloff
    This is not a feature request but maybe more a request for a feature ajustment.

If I want to copy say pattern 1 to pattern 2, pattern 1 can not be pasted before pattern 2 is active and running. This results in a brief silence when copy/pasteing patterns on the fly.

Would it be possible to fix this so that you can paste the copyed pattern in advance and get an easy and smooth transition between the patterns?

• @Lorichs said:
    @jimpavloff
    This is not a feature request but maybe more a request for a feature ajustment.

If I want to copy say pattern 1 to pattern 2, pattern 1 can not be pasted before pattern 2 is active and running. This results in a brief silence when copy/pasteing patterns on the fly.

Would it be possible to fix this so that you can paste the copyed pattern in advance and get an easy and smooth transition between the patterns?

+1 million right here. I just picked this up, not an acid guy at all, but who cares when the app is pure fun! @jimpavloff this issue mentioned here could easily be solved with a feature ripped from GR-16: “save to new” and boom you’re in the new pattern slot. Until they are filled up of course. Also I really love the way the notes you write live replace the old ones in the pattern as you record, it’s perfect, it’s exactly how note replace action should work. Makes me imagine a successor to groove rider where all the synth parts can be recorded in such a fashion when monophonic. Cool!!

• I want something like this but for trap or house. Would be super cool.

• @DukeWonder said:
    I want something like this but for trap or house. Would be super cool.

What would you change in the app to make it more suitable for trap or house?

• i still wanna hear some one make a down tempo ambient electronica style jam with this. i may have to buy it at that point. i literally can’t listen to any more acid demos lol
    i’ve heard some great 303 ambient jams loaded with reverb and pitch effects

• @jolico said:

@DukeWonder said:
    I want something like this but for trap or house. Would be super cool.

What would you change in the app to make it more suitable for trap or house?

The synth engine and drum samples really.

• Lol...it’s like asking for a Virus not to sound trancy anymore

• How the hell do I save a project with a tempo I altered? I opened a factory preset, changed the tempo and other things, saved and renamed, and it reverts back to the original tempo everytime I open the preset. Don’t have ableton link on or anything. Super frustrating

• @reasOne said:
    i still wanna hear some one make a down tempo ambient electronica style jam with this. i may have to buy it at that point. i literally can’t listen to any more acid demos lol

Well i wouldn’t call it ambient but at least it is not agressive 🤗 I wondered how banjo and fiddle would blend with the 303 sound so I made this little experiment. It’s is not polished at all and i’m a scratchy fiddler.

• @Lorichs said:

@reasOne said:
    i still wanna hear some one make a down tempo ambient electronica style jam with this. i may have to buy it at that point. i literally can’t listen to any more acid demos lol

Well i wouldn’t call it ambient but at least it is not agressive 🤗 I wondered how banjo and fiddle would blend with the 303 sound so I made this little experiment. It’s is not polished at all and i’m a scratchy fiddler.

i like it man, she jams!
    digging the exact opposite from expected banjo in there, gives it a vibe unlike any other

• edited May 2020

is it possible to get sounds like this from the bass synth? obviously with external reverb in the mix

• @Lorichs said:

@reasOne said:

Nice one.
    🪕🎻🎛 :)

• edited May 2020

@reasOne it’s as close to a 303 as I’ve ever heard in software, so yeah, you can probably get almost all of those sounds out of it. It has a selection of reverbs built in too. I had a go at making something like just the first few seconds of your first video, and bear in mind this is just a few seconds twiddling, so very little effort...

https://streamable.com/rvelni

So yeah, with some actual effort in the sequencer, delay and verb I don’t hear anything in that first video that couldn’t be reproduced pretty faithfully in Pure Acid.

• @drcongo said:
    @reasOne it’s as close to a 303 as I’ve ever heard in software, so yeah, you can probably get almost all of those sounds out of it. It has a selection of reverbs built in too. I had a go at making something like just the first few seconds of your first video, and bear in mind this is just a few seconds twiddling, so very little effort...

https://streamable.com/rvelni

So yeah, with some actual effort in the sequencer, delay and verb I don’t hear anything in that first video that couldn’t be reproduced pretty faithfully in Pure Acid.

ahh nice man! thanks for posting that... so it def seems like it can get into the dark reverb world of bass i love. i usually try to use tools for the opposite of their intent lol not because i’m sheet but because that’s the only kind of music i can make 🤣 appreciate that man i see myself buying this soon. wouldn’t mind a sale price as it’ll be something i call upon for special situations rather than every track tho

• @reasOne
    TB reverb has a quite nice shimmer effect 😉

• No problem. I enjoy the challenge of trying to get an instrument to do something it’s not intended for as a useful learning exercise. I’ve got Pure Acid doing some pretty wild things here now thanks to this by adding in some motion to the delay.

https://streamable.com/y1qw24

I would highly recommend the app, it’s my favourite iOS music app of all time I reckon.

• Almost tempted to try making trap with it now for @DukeWonder

• @drcongo said:
    Almost tempted to try making trap with it now for @DukeWonder

Would love to hear it if you do.

• @Lorichs said:
    @reasOne

i really should get it but all i use is alteza now 🤣

• edited May 2020

@reasOne said:

@Lorichs said:
    @reasOne

Hmm i don’t know that one and i’ll better keep it that way. I already have Eos2, Blackhole and TB Reverb + all the “build-in” reverbs from various apps like Pure Acid, Spacecraft ect ect ( I think that I forgot to mention an app........ HMMMM what could that be???? )..... Buuuuuut mayyyyyyybeeee I need just ONE LAST reverb app...... 💉💪🏼 😄

• @Lorichs said:

@reasOne said:

@Lorichs said:
    @reasOne

Hmm i don’t know that one and i’ll better keep it that way. I already have Eos2, Blackhole and TB Reverb + all the “build-in” reverbs from various apps like Pure Acid, Spacecraft ect ect ( I think that I forgot to mention an app........ HMMMM what could that be???? )..... Buuuuuut mayyyyyyybeeee I need just ONE LAST reverb app...... 💉💪🏼 😄

it’s possibly the best reverb i’ve ever had in my life.
    FAC alteza, make it your last reverb purchase ever 😎

• edited May 2020

@reasOne Thanks for the recommendation. Alteza has been added to my ever growing list. But it has a tendency to remain short since I‘ll delete the apps I have purchased from the list😉

• @Lorichs said:
    @reasOne Thanks for the recommendation. Alteza has been added to my ever growing list. But it has a tendency to remain short since I‘ll delete the apps I have purchased from the list😉

the list never ends. ever 🤣
    but i do feel like all my reverb and delay effects are handled now . but i always want more sequencers / synths. but i spend most my time in mirack

• This popped up on my YT feed. Good inspiration for the Pure Acid heads.

• @gusgranite said:
    This popped up on my YT feed. Good inspiration for the Pure Acid heads.

👍