Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Madlib made all the beats on Bandana on an iPad

Comments

• edited July 2019

desktop transfer

• edited July 2019

@AudioGus said:

SKRT

• Skkrrrtt!

• edited July 2019

Alfa-
    Alfa-
    Alfabeto hi ha hi ha he hi
    He hi
    He hi
    Ha ha ha
    R-p
    P-p
    Ha ha ha
    Ha ha ha
    Hi ha

:)

• @SlowwFloww said:
    Alfa-
    Alfa-
    Alfabeto hi ha hi ha he hi
    He hi
    He hi
    Ha ha ha
    R-p
    P-p
    Ha ha ha
    Ha ha ha
    Hi ha

:)

I remember when Die Antwoord was weird

• well that escalated quickly :D

• best part of this clip starts at 24:00, the questions and answer banter is great fodder for samplers... and the timing awkward in a good way

• Q: "What kind of effects do you use?"

Madlib: (reads off SP303 onboard effects list)

Gold.

• @Proppa said:
    Q: "What kind of effects do you use?"

Madlib: (reads off SP303 onboard effects list)

Gold.

I laughed out loud. In a good way.

• @AudioGus said:

Fresh!

It's almost too much for my brain to handle the fact this is real.

• @AudioGus said:

I love this version of Earth.

• @kobamoto said:

@AudioGus said:

With you.

• @kobamoto said:

@AudioGus said:

If only this were this version of Earth. I’d be a total baller.

• Hmmm, I guess not all the beats were made on the iPad huh?

here's a video of Bandana beats that came out in 2004

• @kobamoto said:
    Hmmm, I guess not all the beats were made on the iPad huh?

I think most of his beats were made in the 70s.

• So a guy made an album with an ipad. This computer called ipad is more than capable of this and we all know it. Where's the news?

• edited August 2019

@supadom said:
    So a guy made an album with an ipad. This computer called ipad is more than capable of this and we all know it. Where's the news?

The news is for the outside world.

• @AudioGus said:

@kobamoto said:

🔥

• @supadom said:
    So a guy made an album with an ipad. This computer called ipad is more than capable of this and we all know it. Where's the news?

the news is/was that he wanted folks to stop seeking validation through mediums so he made the claim online that he had made all of the album on the iPad, later commenting that he'd only said it to promote the idea that you can make anything on anything which was great but the result went the other way and had the opposite effect as even more people didn't get the lesson and instead took it for validation. Making music with an iPad is nothing new for those on this forum but some feelings got hurt and some babies didn't get fed when that second to last video I posted came to light shedding truth on the mystery.

• @AudioGus said:

@kobamoto said:

I see what you did there Gus re: the 70s, if there was one decade of sound to get stuck in the 70s would be it.... for the drums alone, no for the bass, no for the fusion, no for the jazz, no....

• @kobamoto said:

later commenting that he'd only said it to promote the idea that you can make anything on anything

Can you post a link to this ?

• @kobamoto said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

This only proves when he had the idea, he could have easily remade the beat using an iPad to “brush it up” for 2019.

• edited August 2019

@kobamoto said:

@supadom said:

the news is/was that he wanted folks to stop seeking validation through mediums so he made the claim online that he had made all of the album on the iPad, later commenting that he'd only said it to promote the idea that you can make anything on anything which was great but the result went the other way and had the opposite effect as even more people didn't get the lesson and instead took it for validation. Making music with an iPad is nothing new for those on this forum but some feelings got hurt and some babies didn't get fed when that second to last video I posted came to light shedding truth on the mystery.

A cool, I didn't read most of the thread so thanks for spelling it out for me.

I think we still haven't gotten used to the Internet being mainly a source of misinformation. Not only due to people like me scrolling through threads and passing on half-truths /lies but also companies capitalising on humanity being a bunch of dumb trend followers.

I love living in this transformational period in history but can't stop being perpetually surprised by what it brings to the surface.

• @CRAKROX said:

@kobamoto said:

later commenting that he'd only said it to promote the idea that you can make anything on anything

Can you post a link to this ?

not right now but it's not to hard to find, it was his second tweet about the subject when people were going crazy over his first tweet and wanted confirmation. if you look up any links to the tweets they should be back to back if not almost.