Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Madlib made all the beats on Bandana on an iPad

Comments

• @CRAKROX said:

@kobamoto said:
    Hmmm, I guess not all the beats were made on the iPad huh?

here's a video of Bandana beats that came out in 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

This only proves when he had the idea, he could have easily remade the beat using an iPad to “brush it up” for 2019.

why would it only prove when he had the idea, have you listened to raw cakes?
    by that train of thought he could have come up with the idea for the album on an iPad and actually made the album with an octatrack, I mean if we're going to get into the arena of how he remakes beats now :) .... which by the way, he doesn't remake beats, he said he makes the beats, gives them out and if people don't like them he doesn't care, and doesn't make changes....( thats in the video interviews in this thread if you want a link)...

people are just not paying attention to the fact that the beats for the album were made long ago, not only that.. people also aren't paying attention to the fact that the beats weren't even made for Freddie Gibbs originally and were rejected by other artist, then Freddie scooped them up.... also people aren't paying attention to the fact that Freddie already has the beats for the next album and they are already making up stories for the next album beats even though he already said he's got them... People just don't like to pay attention.

• @supadom said:

@kobamoto said:

@supadom said:
    So a guy made an album with an ipad. This computer called ipad is more than capable of this and we all know it. Where's the news?

the news is/was that he wanted folks to stop seeking validation through mediums so he made the claim online that he had made all of the album on the iPad, later commenting that he'd only said it to promote the idea that you can make anything on anything which was great but the result went the other way and had the opposite effect as even more people didn't get the lesson and instead took it for validation. Making music with an iPad is nothing new for those on this forum but some feelings got hurt and some babies didn't get fed when that second to last video I posted came to light shedding truth on the mystery.

A cool, I didn't read most of the thread so thanks for spelling it out for me.

I think we still haven't gotten used to the Internet being mainly a source of misinformation. Not only due to people like me scrolling through threads and passing on half-truths /lies but also companies capitalising on humanity being a bunch of dumb trend followers.

I love living in this transformational period in history but can't stop being perpetually surprised by what it brings to the surface.

agreed, I guess it is what it is.. we make music everyday on iPads here on this forum, so we know what it can do, I just think it's a shame cause he was trying to make the idea of musical freedom less polarizing but some missed that point

• edited August 2019

@kobamoto said:

@CRAKROX said:

@kobamoto said:
    Hmmm, I guess not all the beats were made on the iPad huh?

here's a video of Bandana beats that came out in 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

This only proves when he had the idea, he could have easily remade the beat using an iPad to “brush it up” for 2019.

why would it only prove when he had the idea, have you listened to raw cakes?
    by that train of thought he could have come up with the idea for the album on an iPad and actually made the album with an octatrack, I mean if we're going to get into the arena of how he remakes beats now :) .... which by the way, he doesn't remake beats, he said he makes the beats, gives them out and if people don't like them he doesn't care, and doesn't make changes....( thats in the video interviews in this thread if you want a link)...

people are just not paying attention to the fact that the beats for the album were made long ago, not only that.. people also aren't paying attention to the fact that the beats weren't even made for Freddie Gibbs originally and were rejected by other artist, then Freddie scooped them up.... also people aren't paying attention to the fact that Freddie already has the beats for the next album and they are already making up stories for the next album beats even though he already said he's got them... People just don't like to pay attention.

Also, I heard that many of these tracks are practically just cut and paste copies from old funk records.

There is no telling how deep this goes. Wake up people.

• @AudioGus for sure, madlib is the king of unabashed loop digging and proud of it, he's not even concerned with sample mangling and prefers to leave them as they are more often than not.

• @kobamoto said:
    @AudioGus for sure, madlib is the king of unabashed loop digging and proud of it, he's not even concerned with sample mangling and prefers to leave them as they are more often than not.

I wager the sample clearance issues are a big hurdle. I heard they can take a loooong time to get done, particularly with big funk acts where the writing credits can be huge.

• @kobamoto said:

@CRAKROX said:

@kobamoto said:

later commenting that he'd only said it to promote the idea that you can make anything on anything

Can you post a link to this ?

not right now but it's not to hard to find, it was his second tweet about the subject when people were going crazy over his first tweet and wanted confirmation. if you look up any links to the tweets they should be back to back if not almost.

Some of these niggas mad lmao. I’m gonna keep making good music I like. I’m gonna keep doin my thing till i’m 90. i’m gonna keep getting better. That iPad remark was just to say stop making excuses - use a tape deck if necessary. Technology is what you make it.“

I think you misunderstood his point, he’s laughing at the people who don’t believe he used an iPad to make the beats.
    The SP303 fanboys who will only buy the gear they see their favourite producer using whilst ignoring the tools they may already have or saying they need a specific item to make beats.
    His point is it’s the producer not the machine so people should not be surprised that he made a dope LP on an iPad.

• edited August 2019

that's exactly what I meant by 'polarizing' but I think his remark was more about use anything than it was about him using an iPad, like he could have said he used a tape deck instead and wouldn't have cared... the fact that all of the beats for piñata, bandana, and the next one Freddie got all at once, but notice no one is talking about piñata being made on an iPad.... and the bandana beats already on the raw cakes series + his message really being not about the iPad but about the polarization of tools makes me think different.

"that iPad remark was just to say". people don't generally confirm something using colloquialisms like this, he could have just said yes but he took the moment to directly redirect the listener to where his focus really was. ... but if the beats already being on the raw cake series doesn't make you think twice then probably nothing will. If you've ever listened to any interview he's ever done you've surely noticed that he never gives a straight answer about anything, he's almost trumpian in the way that he responds.

all the record reviewers still think he made the beats special for Gibbs even though Gibbs and madlib have said different and even named the other people he gave them to before Gibbs repeatedly.

• killed me when he said "catch them when they're sleeping" this is still my fave though...

• edited September 2019

• So what even is a Madlib?

Asking for a fiend.

;-)

• @klownshed said:
    So what even is a Madlib?

Asking for a fiend.

;-)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madlib

• edited December 2019

Friday.

• edited December 2019

@kobamoto said:
    Friday.

Cool. Will be interesting to see what’s on their tiny desk that they play...would be too cool if it was an iPad and controller...

• in closing...

• the cure for wackiness

• I wish they asked what apps. He mentions Ras G which is pretty cool. That guy was doing iphone production on the bus for many albums. I think BM2.

• @AudioGus said:
    8:20
    @rezidue said:
    I wish they asked what apps. He mentions Ras G which is pretty cool. That guy was doing iphone production on the bus for many albums. I think BM2.

whatever apps were around 12 years ago , shouldn't be too hard to narrow it down

• The only app I recall Ras citing specifically was iMPC (OG).

Sidenote: 'Raw Fruit' vols 5/6 apparently coming soon.

• @Proppa said:
    The only app I recall Ras citing specifically was iMPC (OG).

Sidenote: 'Raw Fruit' vols 5/6 apparently coming soon.

impc was my first music app many years ago, possibly my first piece of music gear even ha. I wonder what became of it

• @J_B said:

even ha. I wonder what became of it

It’s still in the proverbial house:

• J_BJ_B
    edited March 2020

@Proppa oh shit no way that gives me nostalgia. Just saw impc pro 2, wonder if it’s decent. Gonna guess not cause you could literally run the MPC live software on an iPads power these days. I’d imagine they’d nerf the app hard

• Just not in your house, unless you count the cloud house.