Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Madlib made all the beats on Bandana on an iPad

Comments

• @kobamoto said:
    C'mon everyone knew what Legsmechanical was talking about terminology be dammed :) ,and the message he was trying to convey was absolutely right every beat machine sounds different, lets be good to each other.

Full disclosure: I was talking shit to point out how wrongheaded it is to claim there’s an “iPad sound.” (Reading too many KenM posts recently I suppose...)

I’ll agree that beat machines can sound marginally different from one another, but the idea that an iPad or daw is inherently incapable of delivering those same sounds is silly.

• @legsmechanical said:

@kobamoto said:
    C'mon everyone knew what Legsmechanical was talking about terminology be dammed :) ,and the message he was trying to convey was absolutely right every beat machine sounds different, lets be good to each other.

Full disclosure: I was talking shit to point out how wrongheaded it is to claim there’s an “iPad sound.” (Reading too many KenM posts recently I suppose...)

I’ll agree that beat machines can sound marginally different from one another, but the idea that an iPad or daw is inherently incapable of delivering those same sounds is silly.

Even identical twins and identical Moogs don't sound the same, but I concur with your sentiments... My fav software for coloring is Audio Eases's Speakerphone 2, the flavors, shades, pigmentations, and amalgamations are endless and beautiful.

• @kobamoto said:
    so you don't believe in Analog beat machines eh?

https://www.blacklionaudio.com/black-lion-announces-a-new-akai-mpc-x-mod/

How is that analog?

• @BroCoast said:

@kobamoto said:

How is that analog?

The knobs! Look at the knobs!

• @BroCoast said:

@kobamoto said:

How is that analog?

well... according to Black Lion: ...Our approach to converter decoupling reduces noise generated during the conversion process, leaving you with crisp, clear audio!
    it will sound like an iPad :D

• @Telefunky said:

@BroCoast said:

@kobamoto said:

How is that analog?

well... according to Black Lion: ...Our approach to converter decoupling reduces noise generated during the conversion process, leaving you with crisp, clear audio!

:)

Pfft you can't even watch Netflix on it.

I prefer the ikea mod alternative:

• @BroCoast said:

@Telefunky said:

@BroCoast said:

@kobamoto said:

How is that analog?

:)

Pfft you can't even watch Netflix on it.

I prefer the ikea mod alternative:

but the Ikea is not knobalog

• wouldn't it be insane if this one record was the catalyst that ushered in a whole new era of utterly complete and fully featured IOS sampling beatmachines?
    My ears can only snort so much cocaine but if Freddie Gibbs and MadLib become the impetus for a slew of deep sample based production tools I will gladly stick a straw in my ear for their next album.

• edited July 2019

First Madlib radio interview in forever:

• edited July 2019

@rezidue said:

That is so page 7. ;)

• @AudioGus said:

@rezidue said:

That is so page 7. ;)

Sheeeeeit. Figured all the activity was people still arguing.

• @kobamoto said:

You do understand that the it’s still a digital machine, improving the inputs does not magically make it analog.

• @CRAKROX said:

@kobamoto said:

You do understand that the it’s still a digital machine, improving the inputs does not magically make it analog.

Yes but sound is analog because of all the rubber pads.

• edited July 2019

@legsmechanical said:
    Yes but sound is analog because of all the rubber pads.

Haha.. damn I feel like such a fool now.. :)

But indeed, the more pads the more analog it is... Check this out, 144 pads! That's turbo analog...

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • edited July 2019

But what if you listen to analog music thru a digital platform 😬 is it even analog still?🤣

• @reasOne said:
    But what if you listen to analog music thru a digital platform 😬 is it even analog still?🤣

Depends on whether you’re using digital ears

• edited July 2019

@legsmechanical said:

@reasOne said:

Depends on whether you’re using digital ears

I’m refitting the Intel chip in my brain pan with vintage valves. My main interface remains a knob.

• @CRAKROX said:

@kobamoto said:

Blacklion Audio have nestled the beat machine in an custom analog air pocket, the specs of the air pocket are on there website.

• @EyeOhEss said:
    iPads = Bandanalog.

Freddies next album

• on a serious note for the kiddies that are really interested in some dope analog beatmachines check out MFB, it'll be the death of your allowance for sure.

• edited July 2019

I'm an sp-303 user, but for this type of thing I prefer the digitakt or Model Samples by far!

• iPads don’t dance, they boogie
    Can’t wait for that auV3log

It’s not pads or knobs that make the true analog, it’s the wooden side panels on most gear

• Home girl in the first video said the 404 was an analog DAW. I REST MY CASE.

• I could have watched those videos blindfolded and known those beats were made on the SP404. You can just hear the sound of that box oozing out of those beats.

• @legsmechanical said:
    Home girl in the first video said the 404 was an analog DAW. I REST MY CASE.

lol

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    I could have watched those videos blindfolded and known those beats were made on the SP404. You can just hear the sound of that box oozing out of those beats.

yep yep!

• but I prefer this workflow for tricking out stems or chunks of a whole tune... of course you don't have the sample storage of an sp but for the main type of use you see in these videos you don't need it, on the model samples and digitakt you can tweak into oblivion and any one song can turn into 30

• I prefer Keith rapping instead of just talking over the beat....