Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Synth® Platinum Now Available

Comments

• The Violins! Oh my!!! This is the best $9.99 I’ve spent! So glad I held of getting Factory or NS2 wouldn’t of had enough iTunes credits left. I’ll still save to get NS2 and Factory but I’m soooooo glad I jumped on this magnificent and beautiful sounding Synth! So blessed!

• Hi Jamal; yes I agree I really thank you for not lowering the sound quality of the samples. I’d rather be able to play a single instance or maybe two, with the best sounding samples than a bunch with low quality sound. I’m really enjoying the Violins, thick warm pads and nylon guitars! So much to explore so awesome! Super low intro price, man this is early Christmas gift!

Jump in head first guys!

@GospelMusicians said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I guess there was always going to be pushback by some on the size issue Vicar...and I'm sure Jamal and his team anticipated that. Each of us must cut our own cloth, but I think this is a brilliant addition to the armoury (for ten bucks).

There are three choices.....Small files and low quality. Super big files and super high quality, or do what we did....The best quality at the optimal size. We just refuse to have sucky sounds, just to keep the sample space low. It's not inspiring for us to create presets and I can't sell something I'm not passionate about. You'll see it on my face in the videos.

Remember this....The samples that it takes to run all of the presets is only 3.2GB and not 6GB. You don't ever have to download the additional content. So 3.2GB for 600+ presets and realisitic/high quality sounds, is not a bad compromise, we feel.

• @TimRussell said:

@GospelMusicians said:

@TimRussell said:
    Loving the sounds so far. Bit annoying that the keyboard blocks part of the preset list - please can you make it possible to scroll the list rather than having to close down the keyboard each time I want to audition a preset that is hidden by it?
    Thanks!

Do you mean scroll the preset list like this?

@GospelMusicians
    How do I do that?
    What I mean is being able to flick up and down a long list of presets in the far right column without have to close the keyboard down to see the ones at the bottom. The up/down arrows don’t solve this as I can’t actually see the names of the presets hidden by the keyboard and I don’t want to have to load each one in turn in order to get to the ones at the bottom.

@GospelMusicians , The right way to resolve this issue is to resize the height of the preset list (shorten height) with the bottom of the list to remain above the top of the keyboard when the keyboard is turned on. This way, the list will become fully visible and scroll correctly and all the presets will be visible without any hidden behind the keyboard.

• @Peter321, I believe the problem was with CB. Not sure PS adjusts with the standalone or follows the lead of CB (CB buffer should be set to medium, I believe).

• @LinearLineman said:
    @Peter321, I believe the problem was with CB. Not sure PS adjusts with the standalone or follows the lead of CB (CB buffer should be set to medium, I believe).

Great, thanks. I’ll try that

• Tried that setting, but still not stable for me. Probably due to the iOS 13 beta I’m running so it’s on me 😉

• @Peter321 said:
    Tried that setting, but still not stable for me. Probably due to the iOS 13 beta I’m running so it’s on me 😉

Yep.I'm also on beta 1.and it’s unstable.its normal since it’s the first beta.

• edited June 2019

Hi guys.
    could someone please try and see if they get this same issue? Maybe it’s just an iOS 13 beta issue.
    I’m on iOS beta 1. iPad Pro 11 inch.
    When I load Pure synth into Cubasis, and then add Atom piano roll, if tap on any note on the keyboard, the key starts to repeat its self.
    It only Happens with Cubasis. Other SynthS work as they should.
    But I don’t have the issue in BM3.
    Please give a look at the video.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Hi Jamal; yes I agree I really thank you for not lowering the sound quality of the samples. I’d rather be able to play a single instance or maybe two, with the best sounding samples than a bunch with low quality sound. I’m really enjoying the Violins, thick warm pads and nylon guitars! So much to explore so awesome! Super low intro price, man this is early Christmas gift!

Jump in head first guys!

I’ll jump in as soon as @GospelMusicians tells me if it’s going universal or not ;)

• edited June 2019

I’m on a 10.5” iPad Pro and when I load big rich orchestra in AUM I will idle at %55 and jump to 80%. Once I start playing notes it will stay higher and I’ll start to hear occasional clipping/distortion.

• Is there a way to save/restore (and share of course) presets?

It strikes me there are a lot of samples that are not used in the Factory Presets so there's gold in there
    awaiting someone to configure new Presets and sharing them would be great.

I see a little floppy disk icon for user presets and it asks if you want to overwrite the current preset
    but I have no idea what it's using to overwrite. Does anyone have a clue?

• @McD said:
    Is there a way to save/restore (and share of course) presets?

It strikes me there are a lot of samples that are not used in the Factory Presets so there's gold in there
    awaiting someone to configure new Presets and sharing them would be great.

I see a little floppy disk icon for user presets and it asks if you want to overwrite the current preset
    but I have no idea what it's using to overwrite. Does anyone have a clue?

I just edit the preset, the open the menu and click on user preset. You have to make a bank first by pressing the + icon and naming it. Then you do the same in the preset panel.

• @DCJ said:
    I just edit the preset, the open the menu and click on user preset. You have to make a bank first by pressing the + icon and naming it. Then you do the same in the preset panel.

Once we make new personal presets is there a way to export and share them?

• As far as I can see in v2.3.1 update they replaced the default Dream Verb (very CPU hungry) on factory presets with MVerb that is very light. This will help a lot to avoid crackles and will allow a 256 buffer size on most devices.
    Excellent decision.

• @McD said:

@DCJ said:

Once we make new personal presets is there a way to export and share them?

Doesn’t look like there is.

• For 10 bucks this was an ultra deal! Sold!

• @Rodolfo said:
    As far as I can see in v2.3.1 update they replaced the default Dream Verb (very CPU hungry) on factory presets with MVerb that is very light. This will help a lot to avoid crackles and will allow a 256 buffer size on most devices.
    Excellent decision.

Thanks for reporting what changed. I found it went down from an idle 60 to 10 and was really curious about what happened.

• @rezidue said:

@Rodolfo said:
    As far as I can see in v2.3.1 update they replaced the default Dream Verb (very CPU hungry) on factory presets with MVerb that is very light. This will help a lot to avoid crackles and will allow a 256 buffer size on most devices.
    Excellent decision.

Thanks for reporting what changed. I found it went down from an idle 60 to 10 and was really curious about what happened.

As a general rule in any DAW, I would never use a convolution reverb on an insert for any instrument since they are very CPU hungry. The usual method is to use just one instance of a convolution reverb on a send bus so you can send to it many instruments as needed and save CPU resources (in addition to obtain a coherent ambience for the mix).

Pure Synth Platinum was using a convolution reverb on most presets, so if you used just two synth instances you were duplicating the CPU load just because of the reverb used.

The fact they changed the default reverb for an algorithmic one (way much lighter) has been a very wise decision.

• @GospelMusicians said:
    @LinearLineman You are entitled to a refund and we actually encourage it. We definitely don’t want someone using our app who is not happy with it. With that being said, there are a few things to consider.

1. A problem for one user is not necessarily a universal problem for all. Users have already sent and made songs in Cubase.
    2. All configurations are not made equal. The ios is an extremely vast and eclectic echo system. In fact it beats the desktop by a mile. So 10 users can use the same configurations, and all have different results. This makes beta testing impossible. If Apple, a billon dollar company, releases iPhones and software with bugs, what makes one think a small company like us won’t have bugs. Most of the bugs many say are obvious, were not produced or seen by any beta testers.
    3. If you use online forums as a form of tech support, then that is a sure fire way not to get any bugs fixed. We need screenshots, videos, crash reports, and assets to properly address bugs. It has to go through our portal and processes and answering tech support issues on 5-6 blog sites, forums, Youtube, and Facebook groups is not a robust system. 100% of all bugs reported to our site were fixed in BASSalicious. And any bugs not fixed, were not reported.

With that being said, we appreciate you giving us a shot and sorry for any troubles you’ve had...

the mark of a great company

Jamal, my little brother has a $25 gift code from Gospel Musicians but he only uses IOS now and the Giftcodes are not connected to iOS apps on your site (therefore can't use it)...., can he exchange his gift code for the pure synth iOS app please, he does not care that the app cost less than the $25 gift code is worth?

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wimwim
    edited June 2019

@Rodolfo said:

@rezidue said:

@Rodolfo said:
    Excellent decision.

As a general rule in any DAW, I would never use a convolution reverb on an insert for any instrument since they are very CPU hungry. The usual method is to use just one instance of a convolution reverb on a send bus so you can send to it many instruments as needed and save CPU resources (in addition to obtain a coherent ambience for the mix).

Pure Synth Platinum was using a convolution reverb on most presets, so if you used just two synth instances you were duplicating the CPU load just because of the reverb used.

The fact they changed the default reverb for an algorithmic one (way much lighter) has been a very wise decision.

I really wish they’d release that convolver as a standalone AUv3. Jamal vaguely hinted that might happen in the BASSalicious 2 thread.

• @wim said:

@Rodolfo said:

@rezidue said:

@Rodolfo said:
    Excellent decision.

I really wish they’d release that convolver as a standalone AUv3. Jamal vaguely hinted that might happen in the BASSalicious 2 thread.

Agree. All the effects are pretty good.

• The Dream Verb gave the preset sounds the extra polish. With the MVerb they sound less special. And it seems a bit of a lazy change as the Mverb replacements have the same settings for every preset. You can swap it back as it seems to remember the settings for the Dream Verb but agree it would have been better to have a separate bank with the previous presets.

• BASSalicious was also updated today... same fixes.

• @wim said:

I would hope that this is obvious low-hanging fruit: release the convolution reverb and some of the other effects (auto-panner, chorus etc) as AUV3 effects. Currently there isn't a single convolution reverb AUv3 in the store, I'm sure this would pay off.

• Jose been showing off the new app to perfection.