Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Synth® Platinum Now Available

Comments

• Strangely, Marcus Sigg uses a convolution reverb on his niche cathedral organ apps.

• edited June 2019

So far so good with this monster synth. A couple of notes for the developer to implement in future updates if possible that i feel would help is..

1) better preset sharing or backup
    2) global lock or control of the filter, right now there are individual filters on each oscillator which is fine but there are times when i would like all the oscillators to go through one filter.
    3) Waveform / table display - i find myself trying to guess what wavetable / waveform im using and the differences between them, Sometimes a visual on this helps. This may be difficult due to the real estate available on the GUI but thought id ask. :)

Also theres a GUI display bug for both the AMP and FILTER section "curve" dials. In the user manual is says curve but in the actual GUI its not there.

• Spent a lot of time with this synth last night. Some really great sounds to be had, but I agree with whomever commented on the sub-par preset browsing experience.

With so many presets many get buried “below the fold” with the on screen keyboard visible and are incredibly difficult to access without hiding the keyboard on and off. I found that the top frame can sort of be scrolled with two fingers, but most of the time this didn’t work for me and instead ended up changing one of the parameters within the top panel instead.

Both this app and Bassalicious suffer from the same problem. They are fine if you know what preset you want to run, but pretty annoying to navigate if you don’t. In my opinion, that experience alone really detracts from this otherwise high quality application.

• @carbonchris said:
    So far so good with this monster synth. A couple of notes for the developer to implement in future updates if possible that i feel would help is..

1) better preset sharing or backup
    2) global lock or control of the filter, right now there are individual filters on each oscillator which is fine but there are times when i would like all the oscillators to go through one filter.
    3) Waveform / table display - i find myself trying to guess what wavetable / waveform im using and the differences between them, Sometimes a visual on this helps. This may be difficult due to the real estate available on the GUI but thought id ask. :)

Also theres a GUI display bug for both the AMP and FILTER section "curve" dials. In the user manual is says curve but in the actual GUI its not there.

Great notes. The few times where I did try to make my own patch I found the lack of global filter a little annoying. Maybe even a way to link them if adding a global filter isn’t an option? Also, I never knew what those dials were before now so that explains that.

I really see this as rompler, but it’s obviously got way more control. My only other complaint is that there are sample inconsistencies. You could play legato past a certain octave and then play a note in the new octave and play legato and it will sound completely different. This is true of bassalicious as well, desktop and iOS. It’s not something that has gotten in the way yet and wouldn’t stop me from using it. This is still one of the most useful AUs on iOS!

• @DCJ Tap+Hold on the Oscillator buttons and you can toggle to be able to edit multiple oscillators at one time.

Preset menu resizing smaller to compensate for Virtual Keyboard in next update. Also remember the Left/right and Up Down Arrows allows you to scroll through presets without touching the preset name. The preset name shows, so even now, before the update you can scroll through presets without even the window being open.

• edited June 2019

@GospelMusicians said:
    @DCJ Tap+Hold on the Oscillator buttons and you can toggle to be able to edit multiple oscillators at one time.

Works with filters and control too!

• edited June 2019

I see and understand what they did on the update to make it smoother, good stuff. Honestly if I notice a preset not sounding lush enough I just change to that convolution reverb and I’m good. This fix is better than having a preset crash initially. Jamal and his crew have gotten this iOS thing under control. It’s nice to move up to such a top class Synth!

• @legsmechanical said:

@GospelMusicians said:
    @DCJ Tap+Hold on the Oscillator buttons and you can toggle to be able to edit multiple oscillators at one time.

Works with filters and control too!

IT WORKS! Amazing.

• edited June 2019

@GospelMusicians said:

Preset menu resizing smaller to compensate for Virtual Keyboard in next update. Also remember the Left/right and Up Down Arrows allows you to scroll through presets without touching the preset name. The preset name shows, so even now, before the update you can scroll through presets without even the window being open.

Ok mind blow..this is great!

Quick question @GospelMusicians if i could. Does selecting multiple OSC and then tuning the VOICES/DETUNE/SPREAD apply it to all the oscillators as a whole or just the same values applied to each individual OSC? This may not make a lick of difference though.

• Purchased! Amazing work @GospelMusicians!

Blessings <3

• @eyesunderground, you can save presets in Pure Synth under favs. Not sure if Bassalicious has that feature.

• This Pure Synth really does make me feels as if I’m playing my beloved Korg Trinity! The Pads are huge and warm, the orchestral sounds are superb and everything about it is so well made, I’m just loving it so much!

The effect section is amazing! Just adding an insert 3 band EQ does miracles! It’s incredible and don’t forget to hear the reverbs!

• edited June 2019

I have a common issue with this and midicolous related to audio interface. I need to switch to none before plug the iTrack dock or restart/freeze arises (midicolous) or directly isn’t available (even refreshing) at menu.
    I’m testing just right now so maybe it’s my device but that previous issue with midicolous made me get worried about this...

@GospelMusicians are you aware about any kind of external interface issues?

Edit: it seems working after selected a patch (doubletap to load samples) and so but not keeping last patch open after reboot and start init makes this a bit miss and try IMHO...

• I noticed the random dice only works for me with oscillator 1, is that a bug or intentional? @GospelMusicians
    Would be nice to be able to randomise the other oscillators too :)

• Guys here’s a really short clip of Nylon Guitar Preset in Pure Synth! Tweaked it by applying 11 band EQ and DreamVerb effect. Hope you guys like it! This is the best Nylon I’ve played on IOS makes me feel like I’m playing it in a really expensive studio!

Pure Synth Nylon at USA by MusicMan4Christ on #SoundCloud

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Guys here’s a really short clip of Nylon Guitar Preset in Pure Synth! Tweaked it by applying 11 band EQ and DreamVerb effect. Hope you guys like it! This is the best Nylon I’ve played on IOS makes me feel like I’m playing it in a really expensive studio!

Damn..and do i hear some fret noise in there?

• @carbonchris said:

@Tones4Christ said:
    Guys here’s a really short clip of Nylon Guitar Preset in Pure Synth! Tweaked it by applying 11 band EQ and DreamVerb effect. Hope you guys like it! This is the best Nylon I’ve played on IOS makes me feel like I’m playing it in a really expensive studio!

Damn..and do i hear some fret/string noise in there?

• Yeah I love it! I didn’t do any post processing just recorded it in Cubasis and mixed down!

• @Tones4Christ
    Very nice sounding guitar, indeed! 👍😊

• Yes the Flamenco guitars sound pretty well and realistic... but I lost all the flow when I tried to use it IAA and alongside no sound it ended crashing... :disappointed:

• I’m using it as AU in Cubasis so much better for me so far with the great Cubasis update.

• @carbonchris, yeah, the fret sounds are perfect and is what makes it better than BeatHawk Baroque inapp classical guitar which was my no. 1 before this happened,

• @kobamoto said:
    WWJD

Celebrate God times, come on.

• he'd use pure synth platinum

• That’s not wjwdodmt

• For any Air2 users still on the fence.
    Tonight I had 3 instances of Pure Synth in AUM for about an hour and a half with nary a crackle.
    Buffer set at 1024 per our friend Doug.
    You nailed it @GospelMusicians.

• Just used three instances of PS on my Pro2. Choir, Brass, Viola. Perfection.

• When starting PSP there is always a popup in the newest version: ”no in-app purchases allowed”.
    I downloaded all sample content. But the popup continues.

• @Ben said:
    For any Air2 users still on the fence.
    Tonight I had 3 instances of Pure Synth in AUM for about an hour and a half with nary a crackle.
    Buffer set at 1024 per our friend Doug.
    You nailed it @GospelMusicians.

Thanks, I’ll get it later today (need to buy me some gift cards).
    Hoping the TGX-85 expansion will make it as an IAP at some point as this would give us some drums as well.

The SY85 which the pack is made of holds a special place in my heart as it was the first synth I ever purchased and I still have it. The batteries on the memory card have already depleted but the floppy drive still works :)