Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Synth® Platinum Now Available

1121314151618»

Comments

• Argh wished I had read this thread before heading out for band practice tonight. All my settings with PSP in AUM weren’t working with the CPU spikes and the guitarist made all his lame jokes about technology

• @wim said:
    I can't get the Suitcase Samples 2 download past "Installing...". Anyone else?
    [edit: nvm. I rebooted and it came back as needing download. I re-downloaded and it installed.]

rebooted, as you said. And nothing, Still "installing". How long? I rather give it up. Sorry.

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

@VoytecG said:

@wim said:
    I can't get the Suitcase Samples 2 download past "Installing...". Anyone else?
    [edit: nvm. I rebooted and it came back as needing download. I re-downloaded and it installed.]

rebooted, as you said. And nothing, Still "installing". How long? I rather give it up. Sorry.

Best to contact them through their website contact form: https://gospelmusicians.com/contact_us/. I'm sure they'll sort you you out.

• Their response was immediate. Got beta, and it works!

• Sweet! They're definitely good people. 👍🏼

• Anyone still experiencing crashes after new update? Trying to load in BM3 as Auv3 and it won’t load, stops audio of track after a static burst. Track keeps playing but no audio. I’m on latest OS, downloaded PSP update. Rebooted iPad and still no dice. Any similar experiences and advice?

• Purchased the Upright Piano set. Well worth the four bucks. I look forward to using it. Recommended.

• Ok, so I just caved and bought Pure Synth Platinum. I already have Bassalicious 2 and love the sounds that it has, so I figure this will also sound great. Plus I keep seeing everyone talking about it here on the forums.

I’m having issues with the downloads and installs though. I did the Bassalicious 2 “Crossgrade” thing, plus I bought a couple of the other IAPs as well. I hit “Download All” and can see the download percentages for each thing as they download, but then it gets stuck on “installing”. If I tap “repair”, I don’t see any response. If I close the app and reopen, I have to download everything again!

Restarted iPad and tried again. Same thing happens, stuck on “installing” or keep having to re-download.

Anyone else? If it matters, I’m trying to utilize the external storage feature and install all the samples on a 256GB micro SD card that’s in my USB-C hub.

• I would recommend downloading one at a time. The files are pretty large and it takes a while to install the data. Do one, let it install and then move on to the next. They download faster this way anyways because the downloads aren't fighting over bandwidth.

• edited September 2020

@Lil_Stu07 said:
    I would recommend downloading one at a time. The files are pretty large and it takes a while to install the data. Do one, let it install and then move on to the next. They download faster this way anyways because the downloads aren't fighting over bandwidth.

Thanks. I’m trying that right now.

Edit: ok, so I cleared some space on my iPad and tried downloading and installing again, this time using the iPads internal storage and everything worked as one would expect. Downloaded and installed just fine!

So, evidently It doesn’t like the microSD card in my USB-C hub. Either that, or I’m just not giving it enough time?

I’m going to try an actual external hard drive next. I’ve got to figure something out for this as I also bought the “FM Tines” expansion which is like 20GB and there’s no way I can make enough room for all that.

Edit edit: damn, I wish we could split up the content, like the 5.something GB “factory” stuff on internal and the 20GB FM Tines expansion on external. Apparently this cannot be done just yet.

• Wow, I’m back, and guess what...

It’s working!!

I’m actually downloading and installing ALL of the Pure Synth Platinum factory sample content (5.9GB), ALL of the Bassalicious 2 factory sample content (1.6GB), and ALL of the FM TiNES factory sample content (19GB!!) on a 256GB microSD card in my USB-C hub!

Amazeballs!

Seriously, the problem was that I’m an idiot, and don’t have any patience at all. It’s just taking a while :neutral:

• One of my go to synths.

@Intrepolicious said:
    Wow, I’m back, and guess what...

It’s working!!

I’m actually downloading and installing ALL of the Pure Synth Platinum factory sample content (5.9GB), ALL of the Bassalicious 2 factory sample content (1.6GB), and ALL of the FM TiNES factory sample content (19GB!!) on a 256GB microSD card in my USB-C hub!

Amazeballs!

Seriously, the problem was that I’m an idiot, and don’t have any patience at all. It’s just taking a while :neutral:

Whoa what? So it doesn’t have to be an SSD, you can download and use the sounds on other external cards, how about a regular 2TB external HD?

• I’ve always wanted to try it with my external HD but never have... they specifically recommend an SSD. I wasn’t sure my external hard drive would work.....

• @Poppadocrock said:
    One of my go to synths.

@Intrepolicious said:

It’s working!!

Amazeballs!

Whoa what? So it doesn’t have to be an SSD, you can download and use the sounds on other external cards, how about a regular 2TB external HD?

It’s extremely slow at installing the content packs, but it does appear to have installed a couple packs so far. I haven’t tried them yet, browsing through the presets with the synth. I’m sure once they’re installed, the read times won’t be so bad.

The FM Tines pack is 19GB. I’ll have to set it to download and install before I go to bed. It’ll probably take all night to install. I just hope my usb-c hub doesn’t catch on fire! 🔥

I’m sure an actual SSD would be a lot faster for the installs. Not sure about mechanical drives if they’d even work.

• @Intrepolicious said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    One of my go to synths.

@Intrepolicious said:

It’s working!!

Amazeballs!

It’s extremely slow at installing the content packs, but it does appear to have installed a couple packs so far. I haven’t tried them yet, browsing through the presets with the synth. I’m sure once they’re installed, the read times won’t be so bad.

The FM Tines pack is 19GB. I’ll have to set it to download and install before I go to bed. It’ll probably take all night to install. I just hope my usb-c hub doesn’t catch on fire! 🔥

I’m sure an actual SSD would be a lot faster for the installs. Not sure about mechanical drives if they’d even work.

By mechanical do you mean a regular 2TB seagate external HD?

Let us know how it goes after installation is completed. I’m really curious to know how it will play in real time using an external drive or a card that’s not an SSD.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@Intrepolicious said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    One of my go to synths.

@Intrepolicious said:

It’s working!!

Amazeballs!

By mechanical do you mean a regular 2TB seagate external HD?

Let us know how it goes after installation is completed. I’m really curious to know how it will play in real time using an external drive or a card that’s not an SSD.

Yes, regular hard drives are mechanical (have moving parts). I just checked and it’s about halfway done with everything. Including the 19GB FM pack.

• @Intrepolicious said:

@Poppadocrock said:

Yes, regular hard drives are mechanical (have moving parts). I just checked and it’s about halfway done with everything. Including the 19GB FM pack.

It specifically says in the App Store description that only SSD will work. I'll be curious as well to hear if it plays OK from the SD once installed.

• Directly from the App Store.. I do remember at one point that it was ONLY SSD drives that would work..

Please don't be alarmed at using all of your device's space. With our new update, you are able to store samples on external SSD and even thumb drives.

• I managed to install everything to external SSD (including all IAPs), pure synth can’t seem to find the samples today even though I can select the folder, tried reinstall and restart, might need to delete the folder and start again.

• edited September 2020

@wim said:

@Intrepolicious said:

@Poppadocrock said:

It specifically says in the App Store description that only SSD will work. I'll be curious as well to hear if it plays OK from the SD once installed.

No it doesn’t. It doesn’t say that anywhere! All it says is:

**“Please don’t be alarmed at using all of your devices space. With our new update, you’re able to store samples on external SSD and even thumb drives” **

Then under “Brand new updated features” it reads:

“- external drive for sample storage”

No where does it say specifically “ONLY an SSD will work”.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pure-synth-platinum/id1459688500

• @Intrepolicious said:

@wim said:

@Intrepolicious said:

@Poppadocrock said:

No it doesn’t. It doesn’t say that anywhere! All it says is:

“Please don’t be alarmed at using all of your devices space. With our new update, you’re able to store samples on external SSD and even thumb drives

Then under “Brand new updated features” it reads:

“- external drive for sample storage”

No where does it say specifically “ONLY an SSD will work”.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/pure-synth-platinum/id1459688500

I'm certain I read that some time back on the App Store description, not too long ago either. It must have been changed since then. Good news. Sorry for the confusion.

• edited September 2020

Anyway, they’re all done installing and I can confirm, it works beautifully!

I’m sure a newer SSD would be ideal, but I don’t think the app can tell the difference anyway. All it’s looking for is storage on the USB-C bus.

Edit: this is pretty cool because now I can delete Bassalicious 2 as I have it all in one app now!

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

@Intrepolicious - That is great to know! So load times are acceptable when changing patches?

I imagine once a patch is loaded it's all in RAM from there.

• @wim said:
    @Intrepolicious - That is great to know! So load times are acceptable when changing patches?

I imagine once a patch is loaded it's all in RAM from there.

I was just going through the FM Tines pack and some of the samples take a second or two to load (There’s a loading bar that pops up) yes, but once it’s loaded into RAM like you said, it’s all good from there. That is, until you want to change again... loading bar :|

• Actually, with the AU loaded up in AUM, it feels quite snappy!

• wimwim
    edited September 2020

Cool beans. I had to limit the packs I installed on my phone. Maybe I can use those now. I really wish you could specify storage location on a pack by pack basis though.

• I’m trying to bring my user presets from bassalicious 2 into pure synth. I don’t want to try and recreate them I can’t get the same sound so I wanted to share them to pure synth. I can’t find any info on how to do that. I’m not talking cross grade. I’ve already done that.

I tried recreating a couple but pure synth doesn’t make it easy to land on an exact position that you want and it takes a while bouncing between the two apps.

Does anyone have any idea on how to do that? Or if it’s possible to a share presets between the 2?