Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Synth® Platinum Now Available

Comments

• @Korakios said:
    OT : Wish @Michael could implement a full screen mode for the AUs with the classic side AB panel... the Windows AU style is certainly not my style ...

Can you tell me more about that?

• @Michael said:

@Korakios said:
    OT : Wish @Michael could implement a full screen mode for the AUs with the classic side AB panel... the Windows AU style is certainly not my style ...

Sure :) But I don’t think I can explain it more !
    Well , on AUs inside AB3 we have the top panel for switching to other apps , but that panel takes some precious space . I’ve seen it on PureSynthPlatinum and Egoist so far .
    I’d like to see an option for moving that bar to the left or right side of the screen and be more compact. Just like the bar we have on the non AUs apps :)

• @Korakios said:

@Michael said:

@Korakios said:

Well , on AUs inside AB3 we have the top panel for switching to other apps , but that panel takes some precious space . I’ve seen it on PureSynthPlatinum and Egoist so far .
    I’d like to see an option for moving that bar to the left or right side of the screen and be more compact. Just like the bar we have on the non AUs apps :)

Got it, okay. I'll have a think about it =)

• @Michael said:

@Korakios said:

@Michael said:

@Korakios said:

Maybe it would help when showing 2 AUs in one screen ;) .

• @Korakios said:

Maybe it would help when showing 2 AUs in one screen ;) .

Yeah, certainly would

• edited July 2019

@Bassey said:
    Please help me download the factory content!
    Nothing seems selectable in this screen

I have the same problem.
    I reinstall nothing work
    The butons are still missing
    Anyone has a clue?
    Thanks

• New update for those with download issues :)

• Just saying... I'm waiting on iPadOs to get this. Looking at the 'content', it seems huge... With iPadOs I can keep content on an external drive... I guess...

Or am I getting it wrong... the content is not so much of a big deal?

Thanks.

• @RajahP said:
    Just saying... I'm waiting on iPadOs to get this. Looking at the 'content', it seems huge... With iPadOs I can keep content on an external drive... I guess...

Thanks.

AFAIK there is no way to store app-specific data on external drives in the upcoming OS - any content downloaded from the App Store via IAP etc will still need to reside on the main disk.

• @richardyot said:

@RajahP said:
    Just saying... I'm waiting on iPadOs to get this. Looking at the 'content', it seems huge... With iPadOs I can keep content on an external drive... I guess...

Thanks.

AFAIK there is no way to store app-specific data on external drives in the upcoming OS - any content downloaded from the App Store via IAP etc will still need to reside on the main disk.

Wish someone can confirm this.. As I am about to pick up a 32 gig iPad... Guess I will hold off until..

• @RajahP said:

@richardyot said:

@RajahP said:

Thanks.

Wish someone can confirm this.. As I am about to pick up a 32 gig iPad... Guess I will hold off until..

I don’t know If this depends on Apple or on the single developers.
    For example, you can’t see a Pure synth Folder in the Files app, so you can’t see the downloaded contents physically.
    not only pure synth, but a lot of synths (apps) don’t have folders in Files app.
    The only app I’ve seen that saves IAP purchases is BM3.
    BeatHawk is also sampled based and you can purchase a lot of presets but there is no sign of the app in Files app.
    So maybe developers can choose to implement the option to use samples, work on or save projects on external drives.
    But as I said, it might also depend on Apple if they allow this.
    Even apps like GarageBand and iMovie have no folders in files app.

• @Paa89 said:

@RajahP said:

@richardyot said:

@RajahP said:

Thanks.

For example, you can’t see a Pure synth Folder in the Files app, so you can’t see the downloaded contents physically.
    not only pure synth, but a lot of synths (apps) don’t have folders in Files app.
    BeatHawk is also sampled based and you can purchase a lot of presets but there is no sign of the app in Files app.
    So maybe developers can choose to implement the option to use samples, work on or save projects on external drives.

Ok.. thanks.. I guess we are in early days of IPadOS.. I guess copy-protection may have a role here also..

• @RajahP said:

@Paa89 said:

@RajahP said:

@richardyot said:

@RajahP said:

Thanks.

Ok.. thanks.. I guess we are in early days of IPadOS.. I guess copy-protection may have a role here also..

100% it’s for copy protection, but still there are encryption methods , so a dev could allow external storage

• @RajahP said:

@richardyot said:

@RajahP said:

Thanks.

Wish someone can confirm this.. As I am about to pick up a 32 gig iPad... Guess I will hold off until.

If you gonna do music on an iPad.. you need the biggest you can afford.. 128gb would be ok.. But bearing in mind how much music your gonna make.. These days.. Large size in apps, mean quality... If your serious about musoc making forget 32 or 64gb size. It pees me off when someone moans about, a dev making a too large app.. The bigger the better.. 😉

• wimwim
    edited July 2019

I would never buy a 32gb iPad. Apple has every motivation to be inflexible and storage hungry on the internal storage. They’re only begrudgingly opening things up at this point.

Even MacOS and Windows depend on the primary filesystem for a lot of things and provide no flexibility. Apple ain’t neva gonna be any better.

• @wim said:
    I would never buy a 32gb iPad. Apple has every motivation to be inflexible and storage hungry on the internal storage. They’re only begrudgingly opening things up at this point.

Even MacOS and Windows depend on the primary filesysten for a lot of things and provide no flexibility. Apple ain’t neva gonna be any better.

You took the words out of my mouth... 😉

• edited July 2019

• edited July 2019

Thanks all.. guess I will hold off on the 32G iPad.. :'(

• Does this app have some nice electric bass guitar sounds?

• @fattigman said:
    Does this app have some nice electric bass guitar sounds?

Yes it does, although BASSalacious has more

• Pretty sure with some tweaking you could get 95% close to Bassalicious

• @TimRussell said:
    Pretty sure with some tweaking you could get 95% close to Bassalicious

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the FM Tines and Bassalicious 2 samples/waveforms/presets pop up as IAPs for Pure Synth at some point considering the 'sound engine' is the same...

• edited July 2019

@Samu said:

@TimRussell said:

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the FM Tines and Bassalicious 2 samples/waveforms/presets pop up as IAPs for Pure Synth at some point considering the 'sound engine' is the same...

They could have made a single app with paid IAPs but they made multiple apps with free IAPs.

• @richardyot said:

@fattigman said:
    Does this app have some nice electric bass guitar sounds?

Yes it does, although BASSalacious has more

Thanks @richardyot.
    Does it have muted guitar and clavinet sounds?

• edited July 2019

@MobileMusic said:

@Samu said:

@TimRussell said:

They could have made a single app with paid IAPs but they made multiple apps with free IAPs.

That would have reduced their coding work maintaining just one single app for all instruments allowing them to focus their resources on just one app instead of maintaining multiple apps redundantly. They said they are working on another new app now for iOS.

• I hope it's a Hammond B3!

@MobileMusic said:

@MobileMusic said:

@Samu said:

@TimRussell said:

That would have reduced their coding work maintaining just one single app for all instruments allowing them to focus their resources on just one app instead of maintaining multiple apps redundantly. Heard they are working on another new app now for iOS.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I just wish presets were visible in the preset browser in apps like AUM and NS2 instead of seeing only “Init”.

I realize we can change presets inside the AU but that extra step seems unnecessary.

• @eyesunderground said:
    I just wish presets were visible in the preset browser in apps like AUM and NS2 instead of seeing only “Init”.

I realize we can change presets inside the AU but that extra step seems unnecessary.

Agreed, it took me a while to appreciate this synth because going through the presets presented a lot of friction. It’s much better than I thought...might even be essential.

• edited August 2019

@GospelMusicians ,

Hi Jamal,

Please take a look at this video showing missing growl on 5 notes - from A4 to C#5 - on Character Alto instrument -

Please release the correct samples with growl for these notes. The quick melody at the end shows how awkward it sounds when these notes are played along with adjacent notes if you listen to them using headphones. I understand from your videos that every note sounds different for expression but all other notes in this instrument have a consistent growl except these 5 notes.

I'm waiting for correct samples for these notes for one of my big projects and it would sound awkward from my video long term when I publish it indicating that Pure Synth has wrong samples!