Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Pure Synth® Platinum Now Available

Comments

• @LinearLineman I own all the available pianos on IOS and also agree on your preferences. There are a couple of good pianos in SampleTank too, but I prefer BeatHawk as it’s an AU.

By the way, the Concert Grand and the Classic Power Grand in Pure Synth Platinum are really good, just the dynamic range is limited in comparison with R275 or Module D. I also lower the volume of the key-off on the second layer as I find it a bit exaggerated, but surprised to find such good piano sounds in this new app.

• edited June 2019

@GospelMusicians ,

Kudos to you!! The Guitars, Strings and Choirs are cool.

The app seems powerful but looks a bit coarse and could use some polishing.

The fonts, titles, knobs, controls, etc. are larger than necessary with some wasted space between controls that is making the app's screen taller than the screen height and resulting in scrolling. If you use standard sizes for fonts and controls, the app should fit all on one screen without scrolling. Scrolling is a hassle and everything should be visible and readily accessible on one screen. A UI/UX designer could fix it up quickly.

The height of the browser needs to be halved when the keyboard is turned on or in AU mode. With full height browser, half of the presets are hidden behind the keyboard and not accessible until the keyboard is closed which is a hassle to see or switch presets. Please see SynthMaster One's browser and how it resizes when the keyboard is on and also in AU mode.

Legato - I feel it is not working as intended and not usable. For instance, on presets with chorus, the subsequent notes are playing only the chorus layer but not the main instrument. Legato mode should play the main instrument as well without the Attack phase for overlapping notes. Haven't tested Portamento yet.

Keyboard - How do we scroll the keyboard across octaves? The Keyboard should be scrollable and scalable.

I like how the bubble shows the current value of the knob/fader when tapped on them and also when twisted/moved on each control.

FM Tines - are you going to bring the presets from this app to Pure Synth as IAP?

• edited June 2019

@GospelMusicians said:
    Modulation Explained:

Wow! Great!

Ok, this clarifies the confusion on the subject. I thought there was just one LFO on this section. My assumption was based on the way you access other sections of the synth engine, so as I didn’t find the [1] [2] [3] [4] selector I thought there was only one.

@EyeOhEss it’s even better than only 4 LFOs!

• @GospelMusicians said:
    Modulation Explained:

You’ve got a buy from me just for the great customer service making this video so quickly.

My policy of only buying universal apps lasted about 2 days.

• edited June 2019

I had a few clicks / brief dropouts when I first tried it in standalone — though it cleared up after a while. definitely a cpu hog, so will have to freeze tracks if more than a single instance is needed on my ‘17 pro , though it definitely earns the DSP cost in what you get out of it.

absolutely top notch sounds; the guitars, choirs and woodwinds are among the best I’ve heard on iOS .. Many presets are up there with the embertone stuff .. It’d be worth it at $50 imo ; Feels like robbery at $10

• @MobileMusic said:
    @GospelMusicians ,

The fonts, titles, knobs, controls, etc. are larger than necessary with some wasted space between controls that is making the app's screen taller than the screen height and resulting in scrolling. If you use standard sizes for fonts and controls, the app should fit all on one screen without scrolling. Scrolling is a hassle and everything should be visible and readily accessible on one screen. A UI/UX designer could fix it up quickly.

The height of the browser needs to be halved when the keyboard is turned on or in AU mode. With full height browser, half of the presets are hidden behind the keyboard and not accessible until the keyboard is closed which is a hassle to see or switch presets. Please see SynthMaster One's browser and how it resizes when the keyboard is on and also in AU mode.

Legato - I feel it is not working as intended and not usable. For instance, on presets with chorus, the subsequent notes are playing only the chorus layer but not the main instrument. Legato mode should play the main instrument as well without the Attack phase for overlapping notes. Haven't tested Portamento yet.

Keyboard - How do we scroll the keyboard across octaves? The Keyboard should be scrollable and scalable.

I like how the bubble shows the current value of the knob/fader when tapped on them and also when twisted/moved on each control.

FM Tines - are you going to bring the presets from this app to Pure Synth as IAP?

None of this was asked for. You are free to express your opinions, but your haughty tone registered my need to give you flak here.

• edited June 2019

(Deleted) :)

• edited June 2019

@LinearLineman Have you closed Cubasis and/or other music apps that may have the system buffer set at 256? This would prevent you from changing the buffer in the standalone, hence why the options to change aren't showing up.

• Thanks @oat_phipps. I will have to check that out.

• edited June 2019

(Tsk tsk rescinded out of keeping thread on topic)

• Damn @oat_phipps, great call. So now it is set to 512.... if I open it up as an AU will that be set to 512? If I open other apps after it will they get set to 512? Learnin’ Something every day. Thank you.

• edited June 2019

@LinearLineman said:
    Damn @oat_phipps, great call. So now it is set to 512.... if I open it up as an AU will that be set to 512? If I open other apps after it will they get set to 512? Learnin’ Something every day. Thank you.

No, the app that hosts your AUs (Cubasis in your case, it seems...but AUM, apeMatrix, etc as well) controls that universal buffer size. But of course, you can easily set it to 512 in any of those hosts.

• @GospelMusicians That moment at 11:51 when you'd stopped playing the vamp, went to switch sounds and you just had to play it a little more brought a big smile to my face. Love moments like that! Congrats on the release.

• @oat_phipps .. last question ( for tonite), how do you set the buffer in Cubasis, please? Can’t find it in settings.

• edited June 2019

@GospelMusicians

Being sure of the rights granted in Sample playing music apps have concerned me ever since I once read the terms of one certain iOS App, and discovered that not all media available through IAP's could be assumed to be royalty free.

I did read your EULA, but I had trouble understanding it.

So I'd like to make sure before I buy Pure Synth® Platinum....

Are all the sounds that Pure Synth® Platinum can make, when used in conjunction with other sounds to make musical compositions, royalty free with no further licensing required for musical compositions intended to be Sold, Publicly Performed, or used for Commercial Purposes ?

Thank you. :)

• edited June 2019

@oat_phipps said:

@MobileMusic said:
    @GospelMusicians ,

None of this was asked for. You are free to express your opinions, but your haughty tone registered my need to give you flak here.

None of this? Not sure what you mean by that.

I'm a developer myself and know how to identify issues and how to make a product better. I encourage you to check out the SynthMaster One and SynthMaster Player threads where I reported literally dozens of issues and had some serious ones ironed out.

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/26543/synthmaster-one-is-out/p34

The purpose of sharing a product launch topic on a forum like this is to receive feedback and iron out issues. There was nothing wrong with my tone and there is no need to get offended. Most of the comments are reporting issues but you seem to be fine with them.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @oat_phipps .. last question ( for tonite), how do you set the buffer in Cubasis, please? Can’t find it in settings.

Click setup in the top right corner, then the 'audio' tab, and then you should see 'Polyphony' and 'Hardware Latency' at the top. Setting are ultra low, low, and medium, and I am not sure but would bet that ultra low is 256, low is 512, and medium is 1024. Or maybe its 128, 256, and 'medium' is 512.

• edited June 2019

@MobileMusic said:

@oat_phipps said:

@MobileMusic said:
    @GospelMusicians ,

You probably do not know about me :smile: I'm a developer myself and know how to identify issues and how to make a product better. I encourage you to check out the SynthMaster One and SynthMaster Player threads where I reported literally dozens of issues and had some serious ones ironed out.

The purpose of sharing a product launch topic on a forum like this is to receive feedback and iron out issues. There was nothing wrong with my tone and there is no need to get offended.

Already taken care of, no problem. Not a big deal

• edited June 2019

@oat_phipps said:

@MobileMusic said:

@oat_phipps said:

@MobileMusic said:
    @GospelMusicians ,

None of this? Not sure what you mean by that.

I'm a developer myself and know how to identify issues and how to make a product better. I encourage you to check out the SynthMaster One and SynthMaster Player threads where I reported literally dozens of issues and had some serious ones ironed out.

The purpose of sharing a product launch topic on a forum like this is to receive feedback and iron out issues. There was nothing wrong with my tone and there is no need to get offended. Most of the comments are reporting issues but you seem to be fine with them.

Already taken care of, no problem. Not a big deal

Ok

• @GospelMusicians said:
    Modulation Explained:

If that didn’t shatter expectations I don’t know what will.

• @MobileMusic said:

Tap on the number at the upper left of the keyboard and slide it up or down to change the octave.

• @Rodolfo said:

@MobileMusic said:

Tap on the number at the upper left of the keyboard and slide it up or down to change the octave.

Thank you!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @MobileMusic said:
    @GospelMusicians ,

Agree here. But over the years I’ve never seen an AUv3 GUI change in any significant way.

• edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Wouldn’t mind a bit of clarity on licensing also please!

@horsetrainer said:
    @GospelMusicians

Being sure of the rights granted in Sample playing music apps have concerned me ever since I once read the terms of one certain iOS App, and discovered that not all media available through IAP's could be assumed to be royalty free.

I did read your EULA, but I had trouble understanding it.

So I'd like to make sure before I buy Pure Synth® Platinum....

Are all the sounds that Pure Synth® Platinum can make, when used in conjunction with other sounds to make musical compositions, royalty free with no further licensing required for musical compositions intended to be Sold, Publicly Performed, or used for Commercial Purposes ?

Thank you. :)

• Sounds like it needs a lot of CPU, anyone using it on an ancient Air2?