Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Endlesss..... This app looks amazing.

Comments

• Nice work @Faland 👍
    Sorry for (key)mashing your riffs!

I just found this, very useful feature

• edited August 2019

@BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Nice work @Faland 👍

Did not know that! Good one. I think the punch in is relatively new setting? I don't recall that one previously.

• Hadn't noticed the Punch, cheers @lukesleepwalker 🙂

• edited August 2019

I was an early tester and played with it a bit, and I definitely need to spend more time with it, and I know Tim has put so much into this and he is a truly visionary kinda cat who thinks big with no limits, and it wouldn’t surprise me if it endssss up being as revolutionary as he seems to imagine .. But, for me, at least, I quickly became bored with jamming along with the random masses.

To me, the most appealing aspect of it is the way it can capture your own ideas and loop them in an instant, accurate and fluid way. I would love to see this as a separate product for personal use, maybe a plugin that would work in any DAW.

The digital jam buddy aspect of it is interesting too, but in my opinion it feels like the wrong focus.

I’m more interested in tools that can help me quickly hone my own ideas, and there is definitely something brilliant about its loop-capture engine.

• edited August 2019

@Lady_App_titude said:
    I was an early tester and played with it a bit, and I definitely need to spend more time with it, and I know Tim has put so much into this and he is a truly visionary kinda cat who thinks big with no limits, and it wouldn’t surprise me if it endssss up being as revolutionary as he seems to imagine .. But, for me, at least, I quickly became bored with jamming along with the random masses.

To me, the most appealing aspect of it is the way it can capture your own ideas and loop them in an instant, accurate and fluid way. I would love to see this as a separate product for personal use, maybe a plugin that would work in any DAW.

The digital jam buddy aspect of it is interesting too, but in my opinion it feels like the wrong focus.

I think from a modern business point of view (particularly the mobile market), living in the nauseating world of ‘likes’, ‘trending’ and ‘influencers’ (almost threw up there), that it is unfortunately probably the right focus, and could go even further down the social rabbit hole, particularly to appeal to investors. Hopefully this wouldn’t break the jamming with a real friend/group aspect.

Got a bit tin foil there.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Nice work @Faland 👍

Thanks BlueGreenSpiral.
    I discovered this app few days ago and it’s too funny, but I’m actually a guitarist, this is my first attempt in the “damned” loops world, so no reason to be sorry... :)

• @AudioGus said:

I think from a modern business point of view (particularly the mobile market), living in the nauseating world of ‘likes’, ‘trending’ and ‘influencers’ (almost threw up there),

Ha! Yes, exactly.

• @Lady_App_titude said:

@AudioGus said:

I think from a modern business point of view (particularly the mobile market), living in the nauseating world of ‘likes’, ‘trending’ and ‘influencers’ (almost threw up there),

Ha! Yes, exactly.

UGhhhhh.. ffs, I just got used to 'content'...

• Anybody going to Sloppy Joe’s?

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Anybody going to Sloppy Joe’s?

I joined it today

• I love this looper in endless... is there anything similar as a stand alone looper on iOS? With retroactive looper (or whatever it’s called) and the possibility of looping different lengths at a tap? I have group the loop and loopy, both of which I like, but I don’t think they have these features.

@BlueGreenSpiral said:
    Nice work @Faland 👍

• It’s chaos in there 🤣🤦‍♂️😢
    That looper almost gives me panic attacks!

My brain "was the bit from 10 seconds ago good?, maybe just tap the shorter option? Damn it's all gone now! let's try that again and don't delay this time" Followed by tap to upload a messy riff

I'm enjoying it a lot but it's highlighting the difference in mindset I get when facing multiple choices.

• @BlueGreenSpiral said:
    It’s chaos in there 🤣🤦‍♂️😢

😂 That’s why I love it so. Looping by the seat of your pants

• @Jhnk said:
    I love this looper in endless... is there anything similar as a stand alone looper on iOS? With retroactive looper (or whatever it’s called) and the possibility of looping different lengths at a tap? I have group the loop and loopy, both of which I like, but I don’t think they have these features.

+1

• @Jhnk said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

Exactly!

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@Jhnk said:

@BlueGreenSpiral said:

Exactly!

Really funny!

• Yep joined the sloppy joe yesterday!

• The idea is nice. Not sure how much musical diversity it can produce, though.

• edited March 2020

@god said:
    The idea is nice. Not sure how much musical diversity it can produce, though.

Musical diversity is entirely up to users. The only real limitation is loop length (I think it only goes up to 8 bars, but maybe I'm wrong). But as far as music goes it's completely open-ended, especially when used with external audio.

Edit: actually there might be no loop length limit when you go to punch in/out mode..

• @ohwell said:

@god said:
    The idea is nice. Not sure how much musical diversity it can produce, though.

Musical diversity is entirely up to users. The only real limitation is loop length (I think it only goes up to 8 bars, but maybe I'm wrong). But as far as music goes it's completely open-ended, especially when used with external audio.

I see. Alright, I’ll give it another shot, then.

• I have found a couple of jams that were really pretty diverse musically, but it is very dependent on which musicians are in jamming at the time. The app tends to be geared toward EDM types so there's a lot of music that gravitates toward that end of the musical spectrum--but it isn't always the case and I've heard some stuff that is not EDMish at all and it's been amazing. I think one of the challenges that Endlesss will face is that casual users will "miss" these opportunities if they aren't interested in the EDM-ish stuff that is easier to discover. Based on the conversation with Tim Exile and the Endlesss team, I'm pretty sure they understand the dynamic and will do something about it if they think they want to expand their market reach.

• Endless Studio coming to Desktop.

https://studio.endlesss.fm/

• edited April 2020

@Jumpercollins said:
    Endless Studio coming to Desktop.

https://studio.endlesss.fm/

• Drag and drop audio clips between your DAW and Endlesss
    • Instrument designer - create your own custom instrument packs and share them to your mobile device

WOAH

• Can you pipe audio from an AUM or AB3 session without looping out through an interface ? Or do I have to come out of one device and into another via an interface if I want sounds outside of the endless app ? Thanks....

• @zeropoint said:
    Can you pipe audio from an AUM or AB3 session without looping out through an interface ? Or do I have to come out of one device and into another via an interface if I want sounds outside of the endless app ? Thanks....

Unfortunately, no. Very high on the roadmap, according to Tim Exile. So, for now, you have to wire up two devices.

• I want to get it but I don't even have a desktop DAW anymore. I'm so confused! 😂

• @lukesleepwalker ... ok, thanks. that’s a shame...good to hear it’s on the roadmap though.

• @zeropoint said:
    @lukesleepwalker ... ok, thanks. that’s a shame...good to hear it’s on the roadmap though.

I think an easy way to pipe in other apps would send usage through the roof.