Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Endlesss..... This app looks amazing.

Comments

• ~ splendid chap and a marvellous platform.

• Yeah, nice to hear from the dude himself. Wish we could hire this guy an army of developers; the concept is so good. I am adamantly against subscriptions but this is one I would consider because it's like a creative multiplier. Obviously would need to be reasonably priced, mostly because I want other creative people in there jamming with me.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Yeah, nice to hear from the dude himself. Wish we could hire this guy an army of developers; the concept is so good. I am adamantly against subscriptions but this is one I would consider because it's like a creative multiplier. Obviously would need to be reasonably priced, mostly because I want other creative people in there jamming with me.

I hate subscription too. ‘Maybe’ id consider it for Endlesss though. Definitely has potential to be worth subscribing to....

but for me it’d have to be way more polished/flexible as an instrument first. User samples, internal synth, user presets, full midi/audio connectivity (internal and external), much better riff organisation options etc etc.... I think it’s way off from having all that stuff though and I’m not sure if I’d jump in beforehand.

I always weigh subscription up against spending money elsewhere on gear on finance over a couple years and there’s ton of nice gear out lately that’s pretty low cost..

Wish these guys all the best though. The concept and passion are top level.

Well said!

• I was really worried this was going to be a sub model... :(

Needs to be 100% bulletproof to justify sub and it has a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG way to go to be at that level.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:
    I was really worried this was going to be a sub model... :(

Needs to be 100% bulletproof to justify sub and it has a LOOOOOOOOONNNNNGGGGG way to go to be at that level.

I get your point about the level of fit and finish necessary for subscription. Eyes wide open there. But I would stop short of 100% bullet proof. That would spell trouble for most of the mobile devs working here. Fine if you are tossing off an 808 clone or something but this guy is doing something really really really ambitious. He either needs to grow his community with low cost sub or find a handful of wealthy angel investors. This is a high risk, high payoff scenario. I hope he wins.

• Another way to do it: Tim Exile partners with @Michael to get V1 out the door and they get Jimmy Fallon to jam using the app live on his show. Infusion of cash and then integrate with AB3 so tightly that it solves the 100% bullet proof problem of piping fresh loops into Endlesss. AB becomes the front end of the Endlesss back end sharing community. If only I ruled the world, dammit! It would be so perfect! 😉

• Kind of weird, but for me one factor for if I pony up and subscribe has a lot to do with how good audio tracks will be in NS2.

• @AudioGus said:
    Kind of weird, but for me one factor for if I pony up and subscribe has a lot to do with how good audio tracks will be in NS2.

That's just about getting stems in and out, yes? (Fed into the sampler in this case.)

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:
    Kind of weird, but for me one factor for if I pony up and subscribe has a lot to do with how good audio tracks will be in NS2.

That's just about getting stems in and out, yes? (Fed into the sampler in this case.)

Stems out of Endlesss is fine but I don’t have a way of editing them on iOS that I really care for yet.

• @AudioGus said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:

Stems out of Endlesss is fine but I don’t have a way of editing them on iOS that I really care for yet.

Ah gotcha.

• for me endlesss is a kind of delightful jam saloon, I wouldn't subscribe to an instrument app but this opportunity to mix it up with others around the world would be well worth it to me.

• Sorry if asked already but are cordoned only allowed in C minor? I can’t change the key although it allows me to scroll but nothing changes.

• @Tones4Christ said:
    Sorry if asked already but are cordoned only allowed in C minor? I can’t change the key although it allows me to scroll but nothing changes.

You can change key in settings for a new riff. I don't know how to change the key off an existing riff.

• I tried on a new one and no go. I’ll check again.

• @badrico said:
    for me endlesss is a kind of delightful jam saloon, I wouldn't subscribe to an instrument app but this opportunity to mix it up with others around the world would be well worth it to me.

Yep, this. I introduced a buddy to it that’s a musician and has launched some popular iOS games. He offered to make some intros to seed investors. Fine line though, as I wouldn’t subscribe if this became a Novation like app where it’s crippled in favor of selling packs.
    Sending iPad to Endless on iPhone via irig has me revisiting a lot of old apps and physical instruments. This app is great and has big potential 🤞👽

• Just started with it and having lots of fun so far. Better than expected and no real complaints. 👍

• This is one of the best apps I’ve used on my iPad/iPhone.

Everyone get ready to buy it. You’re going to want it.

• how are you using it?

• Do we know for sure that this will be subscription-based?

Very interesting/ambitious app and quite fun, but not cool enough yet for me to pay monthly/annually for it.

Maybe if user samples are supported AND can be shared across the platform for use elsewhere, well, now you're talking.

• edited August 2019

@eyesunderground said:
    Do we know for sure that this will be subscription-based?

Very interesting/ambitious app and quite fun, but not cool enough yet for me to pay monthly/annually for it.

Maybe if user samples are supported AND can be shared across the platform for use elsewhere, well, now you're talking.

Paying to host all this audio data is expensive. Tim Exile said in an interview that he couldn't think of any other way to make this happen. I'm very anti-subscription but in this case I would make an exception!

Edit: Found it, interview starts at the 20 minute mark

https://podcasts.apple.com/ie/podcast/hanging-out-with-audiophiles/id1279148418?i=1000436813274

The app would work solo I'm guessing with a subscription for when you want to to collaborate with other people. I haven't checked the new version but looks like some nice features have been added since I last fired it up. Beta is open to all in case people don't know this already 🙂

• wait, no sample import yet?

• @kobamoto said:
    wait, no sample import yet?

The philosophy behind this is spontaneous creativity, also sample import opens a huge can of lawsuits and worms!

• they could add a feature that allows you to import samples that are not copy written

• @kobamoto said:
    they could add a feature that allows you to import samples that are not copy written

Well, yes. But then storage space reqs also skyrocket--in a market where users don't dig subscription models. Tough choices. The concept of the app and execution are really great though. If they could open up the sonic palette a bit more it's one of the few subscriptions I'd consider.

• edited August 2019

@kobamoto said:
    they could add a feature that allows you to import samples that are not copy written

This is already 4 years in development so don’t think that will be happening! More features (partly driven by observing what people do in the jams) then desktop version seems to be the current roadmap.

In that the interview I posted Tim mentions the possibility of working with publishers and other avenues for users to get paid/placed for stuff they created/helped create in Endlesss.

Personally I like this idea better 🙂

• It will flop if its subscription based.

• I think the free version will still allow collaboration but with less features available, seems to have impressed a lot of people so far and it’s a very early beta stage still.

• As the title suggests,
    are the payments endlesss?

• edited August 2019

@Mayo said:
    As the title suggests,
    are the payments endlesss?

It’s completely free to use right now, no release date announced yet.

Have to run but I’m sure someone can post a jam link which gets you into the beta!