Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Endlesss..... This app looks amazing.

12345679»

Comments

• ^^ agreed. kind of surprised an iOS app that has been in beta for a while hasn’t got it at launch to be honest.

• @zeropoint said:
    ^^ agreed. kind of surprised an iOS app that has been in beta for a while hasn’t got it at launch to be honest.

It's a fair point but they have worked extremely hard on the social/collaborative aspect of the app and there's no doubt they nailed that aspect. It's truly addictive if you give in to it.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@zeropoint said:
    ^^ agreed. kind of surprised an iOS app that has been in beta for a while hasn’t got it at launch to be honest.

It's a fair point but they have worked extremely hard on the social/collaborative aspect of the app and there's no doubt they nailed that aspect. It's truly addictive if you give in to it.

It is looking to me like the iOS <——> Desktop parity is the main focus. I think the idea is to ultimately bank on the desktop crowds willingness to pay higher prices to fund significant development moving forward. It will be interesting to see what purchasable iOS features emerge though.

• @AudioGus said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@zeropoint said:

It is looking to me like the iOS <——> Desktop parity is the main focus. I think the idea is to ultimately bank on the desktop crowds willingness to pay higher prices to fund significant development moving forward. It will be interesting to see what purchasable iOS features emerge though.

It is a direction I was not expecting but probably smart to grab the desktop $$$ to build a sustainable model.

• Interesting move. I’m a longtime desktop person but I think I’m going to stick to iOS. I’ve been generating useful stuff with my phone. The iOS version exports stems so I’m not seeing a strong need to go big $ wise.

• anyone think there will be a stripped down version of Endless put out without the 'jamming with others' features?

• @kobamoto said:
    anyone think there will be a stripped down version of Endless put out without the 'jamming with others' features?

I would lovingly pay for an offline HD audio version.

• @AudioGus said:

@kobamoto said:
    anyone think there will be a stripped down version of Endless put out without the 'jamming with others' features?

me too

• @Lady_App_titude said:
    I was an early tester and played with it a bit, and I definitely need to spend more time with it, and I know Tim has put so much into this and he is a truly visionary kinda cat who thinks big with no limits, and it wouldn’t surprise me if it endssss up being as revolutionary as he seems to imagine .. But, for me, at least, I quickly became bored with jamming along with the random masses.

To me, the most appealing aspect of it is the way it can capture your own ideas and loop them in an instant, accurate and fluid way. I would love to see this as a separate product for personal use, maybe a plugin that would work in any DAW.

The digital jam buddy aspect of it is interesting too, but in my opinion it feels like the wrong focus.

I’m more interested in tools that can help me quickly hone my own ideas, and there is definitely something brilliant about its loop-capture engine.

@AudioGus said:

@kobamoto said:

Me too. I'd probably use that more than I use the current free version.

• @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:

@Lady_App_titude said:
    I was an early tester and played with it a bit, and I definitely need to spend more time with it, and I know Tim has put so much into this and he is a truly visionary kinda cat who thinks big with no limits, and it wouldn’t surprise me if it endssss up being as revolutionary as he seems to imagine .. But, for me, at least, I quickly became bored with jamming along with the random masses.

To me, the most appealing aspect of it is the way it can capture your own ideas and loop them in an instant, accurate and fluid way. I would love to see this as a separate product for personal use, maybe a plugin that would work in any DAW.

The digital jam buddy aspect of it is interesting too, but in my opinion it feels like the wrong focus.

I’m more interested in tools that can help me quickly hone my own ideas, and there is definitely something brilliant about its loop-capture engine.

@AudioGus said:

@kobamoto said:

Me too. I'd probably use that more than I use the current free version.

@timexile

Three votes for offline HD ios version! I wager a lot of folks would like this.

• I’ve been having a lot of fun in this app lately. Riffing back and forth and seeing what a track can grow into is great.

Join me:

https://endlesss.fm/band/346b2b2a45d53465b9a1ea048612a9de46012cee37feed56d5e055912b4d3d1a/join

• @kobamoto said:

@AudioGus said:

@kobamoto said:

me too

I get the HD part, and I think it'll come in time but why the stripped down part? If you don't like people and jamming, just stay out of those parts of the app?

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@kobamoto said:

@AudioGus said:

@kobamoto said:

me too

I get the HD part, and I think it'll come in time but why the stripped down part? If you don't like people and jamming, just stay out of those parts of the app?

nothing against the app as it is... I wish they made another app geared towards self contained excursions with a roadmap geared to match.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@kobamoto said:

@AudioGus said:

@kobamoto said:

me too

Not that I am against subs by nature but I was thinking that offline with no sub and then just pay a pretty penny for the feature unlock would make most sense for me.

• Is it just me or does anyone else find it annoying when someone comes into a jam, turns off all riffs and leaves 3 of their own? This doesn’t seem real collaborative to me. I always try to preserve others riffs and build off them.

• @ecamburn said:
    Is it just me or does anyone else find it annoying when someone comes into a jam, turns off all riffs and leaves 3 of their own? This doesn’t seem real collaborative to me. I always try to preserve others riffs and build off them.

Your approach is the prevailing etiquette. It's not practiced by everyone but easy enough to ignore then by going back to the previous point of collaboration to move forward.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@ecamburn said:
    Is it just me or does anyone else find it annoying when someone comes into a jam, turns off all riffs and leaves 3 of their own? This doesn’t seem real collaborative to me. I always try to preserve others riffs and build off them.

Your approach is the prevailing etiquette. It's not practiced by everyone but easy enough to ignore then by going back to the previous point of collaboration to move forward.

I will admit I have done this once or twice when I go into a public jam and one or two people have just created bullshit noise. I swear some people just go in there to troll.

• edited May 2020

Yah my interest in the dog pile public jams is not very high. I would love to convince some people I know in meatspace to join in some private jams and actually start to build something out of this but that hasn’t happened yet. Hopefully HD audio recording on iOS comes and that it works offline still and the overall desktop tether is not too heavy handed for unlocking features. Biggest reason I don’t use my Circuit is the lack of iOS support and having to build Endlesss kits on desktop feels like it could be the same sort of thing.

• @DukeWonder said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@ecamburn said:

I will admit I have done this once or twice when I go into a public jam and one or two people have just created bullshit noise. I swear some people just go in there to troll.

No doubt about the trolling. I just ignore that BS.