Endlesss..... This app looks amazing.

This really has some op-1/op-z style fun factor from the look of it but also a collaborative angle. Looks really well designed even for an iPhone SE size device. Joined the beta.

«13456

Comments

  • Is the experience as amazing as you predicted?

  • i joined the beta to, but how do you find other people to jam with?> @EyeOhEss said:

    This really has some op-1/op-z style fun factor from the look of it but also a collaborative angle. Looks really well designed even for an iPhone SE size device. Joined the beta.

  • edited April 16

    @CracklePot It’s pretty wild. Not a huge fan of the onboard sounds but it’s fast AF. You have a ton of unforeseen song parts in front of you in the space of a couple minutes. And after the onboard sounds have gone through the performance fx the loops become pretty interesting very quickly...

    Everything I’ve been making and hearing from other people on it is very op-z sounding. It’s worth checking out for sure but I’m not a massive fan of those kind of sounds. Hopefully it receives user sample patches at some point. That would change everything and make it incredible. I did make a few things that I felt like I’d potentially use in tracks though. Can’t actually remember everything I did in it, need to go back and listen through it all!

    It’s pretty mind blowing even as it is though. The collaboration aspect is solid and something that felt new to me. And Anyone in to glitchy op-z style jams will love the stuff that the app spits out.

    Exciting future for this one potentially...

  • @eross said:
    i joined the beta to, but how do you find other people to jam with?> @EyeOhEss said:

    This really has some op-1/op-z style fun factor from the look of it but also a collaborative angle. Looks really well designed even for an iPhone SE size device. Joined the beta.

    Not sure. I was just joining in with the solidstate jam and making private jams to figure it out a little more.

  • @EyeOhEss said:
    @CracklePot It’s pretty wild. Not a huge fan of the onboard sounds but it’s fast AF. You have a ton of unforeseen song parts in front of you in the space of a couple minutes. And after the onboard sounds have gone through the performance fx the loops become pretty interesting very quickly...

    Everything I’ve been making and hearing from other people on it is very op-z sounding. It’s worth checking out for sure but I’m not a massive fan of those kind of sounds. Hopefully it receives user sample patches at some point. That would change everything and make it incredible. I did make a few things that I felt like I’d potentially use in tracks though. Can’t actually remember everything I did in it, need to go back and listen through it all!

    It’s pretty mind blowing even as it is though. The collaboration aspect is solid and something that felt new to me. And Anyone in to glitchy op-z style jams will love the stuff that the app spits out.

    Exciting future for this one potentially...

    Oh man, sounds pretty cool!
    Thanks for the details. I think I may have to try to get on the beta team.
    B)

  • @CracklePot said:

    @EyeOhEss said:
    @CracklePot It’s pretty wild. Not a huge fan of the onboard sounds but it’s fast AF. You have a ton of unforeseen song parts in front of you in the space of a couple minutes. And after the onboard sounds have gone through the performance fx the loops become pretty interesting very quickly...

    Everything I’ve been making and hearing from other people on it is very op-z sounding. It’s worth checking out for sure but I’m not a massive fan of those kind of sounds. Hopefully it receives user sample patches at some point. That would change everything and make it incredible. I did make a few things that I felt like I’d potentially use in tracks though. Can’t actually remember everything I did in it, need to go back and listen through it all!

    It’s pretty mind blowing even as it is though. The collaboration aspect is solid and something that felt new to me. And Anyone in to glitchy op-z style jams will love the stuff that the app spits out.

    Exciting future for this one potentially...

    Oh man, sounds pretty cool!
    Thanks for the details. I think I may have to try to get on the beta team.
    B)

    It’s definitely worth checking out :) Has an almost ‘game’ like quality to it. Like super fluid and you just follow your gut. It’s pretty fun...

  • i really really hope they make this app so that it can sit in an fx channel in aum or audiobus. then you could use any instrument or fix on your ipad or iphone and pipe it into this app. could get really fun

  • Tim Exile makes some really great stuff, should be good.

  • A lot of these apps & desktop software on the increase. It looks cool not knocking it at all just scary how seperate we are all becoming. I miss studio meet ups in real life. Something Iam organizing. Will give this a test though when it arrives.

  • @eross said:
    i really really hope they make this app so that it can sit in an fx channel in aum or audiobus. then you could use any instrument or fix on your ipad or iphone and pipe it into this app. could get really fun

    +1. Could take some tips from Koala in that area

  • @eross said:
    i really really hope they make this app so that it can sit in an fx channel in aum or audiobus. then you could use any instrument or fix on your ipad or iphone and pipe it into this app. could get really fun

    I just joined the beta and this is exactly where I landed after playing for a few minutes. It's very fun and game-like (as noted above)--I can dig it as it exists now as a stress reliever. But man, oh man, it could be creatively rich if we could easily get stuff in/out of AUM or AB.

  • edited April 16

    @stormbeats said:
    A lot of these apps & desktop software on the increase. It looks cool not knocking it at all just scary how seperate we are all becoming. I miss studio meet ups in real life. Something Iam organizing. Will give this a test though when it arrives.

    My thoughts too, but I guess might be a positive one for decreasing travelling with extinction rebellion happening etc.

    I don’t find it inviting at all actually. Too chaotic, free fall with massive tinnitus potential. I’m courteous where the distance collabs over wire will take us though. Being with someone in the same room cannot really be replicated and video music conferencing is probably still far away because of bandwidth but I can imagine real time audio jamming might be around the corner as soon as the new generation broadband hits the scene.

    Having said all that, I just love getting together with a bunch of guys with few beers, fraternity, maybe a bonfire...whatever. I guess it’s a bit like internet dating, there’s probably some value in it but the old traditional way of doing things will always come on top in my lil world.

  • I’m anticipating this as a lightning fast way to get ideas out fast. Not super excited about the collaborative aspect but will definitely give it a fair go.

    Two things I hope:
    1. Master record out, for recording a performance as you trigger the loops
    2. Regular sound packs or user sample import for melodic sounds and drums.

    Anyone on the beta know if these are coming ?

  • @db909 said:
    I’m anticipating this as a lightning fast way to get ideas out fast. Not super excited about the collaborative aspect but will definitely give it a fair go.

    Two things I hope:
    1. Master record out, for recording a performance as you trigger the loops
    2. Regular sound packs or user sample import for melodic sounds and drums.

    Anyone on the beta know if these are coming ?

    Yeah I can’t see myself using the collab aspect much/at all. I think it’d get annoying in its current form....too many ‘moments’ to audition and sift through. Would be nice to have an option to only create a ‘moment’ when you want to. Not after every single change....

    But as a source of random ideas it’s really promising.

    I think adding an external instrument/s and sampling them in might be the optimal workflow for it. Something like an Organelle in to this would probably be a pretty cool little setup... and as mentioned above, being able to put it in an fx slot in AUM would be really nice...

  • is this app as cool at self collab as it is with others, is the collab part nicely tucked away until you wanna retrieve it or is it intrusive?

  • ok watched the vid and that thing is bonkers ha!

  • I rather like this a lot...will be buying at release

  • Enjoy it while it is legal.

  • @EyeOhEss said:

    This really has some op-1/op-z style fun factor from the look of it but also a collaborative angle. Looks really well designed even for an iPhone SE size device. Joined the beta.

    i'm on there now under the nickname Pattiman...this is like a drug for jammers/improvers. Is there a way to make a jam have more bars...IE longer phrases?

  • @bedheadproducer said:

    @EyeOhEss said:

    This really has some op-1/op-z style fun factor from the look of it but also a collaborative angle. Looks really well designed even for an iPhone SE size device. Joined the beta.

    i'm on there now under the nickname Pattiman...this is like a drug for jammers/improvers. Is there a way to make a jam have more bars...IE longer phrases?

    You can go 8 bars if switch the loop mode in settings. The advanced loop mode is much better. Can choose between different loop lengths pretty organically.

  • @EyeOhEss said:

    @bedheadproducer said:

    @EyeOhEss said:

    This really has some op-1/op-z style fun factor from the look of it but also a collaborative angle. Looks really well designed even for an iPhone SE size device. Joined the beta.

    i'm on there now under the nickname Pattiman...this is like a drug for jammers/improvers. Is there a way to make a jam have more bars...IE longer phrases?

    You can go 8 bars if switch the loop mode in settings. The advanced loop mode is much better. Can choose between different loop lengths pretty organically.

    ok, I'm fucking hooked. Now all you need is to be able to chat at your new bandmates and say things like "fuck ya! That was an awesome left turn you did there broham or sista...whichever may be the case

  • Its damn good and very addictive

  • When is this baby due?

  • @RedSkyLullaby said:
    Its damn good and very addictive

    Agree, it's fast and easy to come up with a funky bop.

  • Anyone figured out how to make an init loop in a jam? Like if you have a bunch of stuff worked out for one part of a song. And wanna start on a totally new part of the song, in the same ‘jam’ session. Surely possible?

  • @EyeOhEss said:
    Anyone figured out how to make an init loop in a jam? Like if you have a bunch of stuff worked out for one part of a song. And wanna start on a totally new part of the song, in the same ‘jam’ session. Surely possible?

    Not sure I follow exactly but you can just turn of the bits you dont want to carry over and then resume...?

  • @AudioGus said:

    @EyeOhEss said:
    Anyone figured out how to make an init loop in a jam? Like if you have a bunch of stuff worked out for one part of a song. And wanna start on a totally new part of the song, in the same ‘jam’ session. Surely possible?

    Not sure I follow exactly but you can just turn of the bits you dont want to carry over and then resume...?

    Thanks :)

  • @AudioGus said:

    @EyeOhEss said:
    Anyone figured out how to make an init loop in a jam? Like if you have a bunch of stuff worked out for one part of a song. And wanna start on a totally new part of the song, in the same ‘jam’ session. Surely possible?

    Not sure I follow exactly but you can just turn of the bits you dont want to carry over and then resume...?

    Just tried this, I turned off everything that was playing in a loop via the buttons in the mixer page. Then I recorded some notes in to a new loop. But In the new loop if I go to mixer, the stuff I switched off prior to new loop is still there taking up tracks, it’s just muted...I need those tracks to be empty... maybe my brain just isn’t grasping the way to approach it?

  • How do I join the beta? I signed up for their mailing list

  • edited April 17

    @EyeOhEss said:

    @AudioGus said:

    @EyeOhEss said:
    Anyone figured out how to make an init loop in a jam? Like if you have a bunch of stuff worked out for one part of a song. And wanna start on a totally new part of the song, in the same ‘jam’ session. Surely possible?

    Not sure I follow exactly but you can just turn of the bits you dont want to carry over and then resume...?

    Just tried this, I turned off everything that was playing in a loop via the buttons in the mixer page. Then I recorded some notes in to a new loop. But In the new loop if I go to mixer, the stuff I switched off prior to new loop is still there taking up tracks, it’s just muted...I need those tracks to be empty... maybe my brain just isn’t grasping the way to approach it?

    I think muted slots will get automatically overwritten when blanks slot all get filled...? I think? Maybe muting them essentially erases them when the next loop is recorded?

Sign In or Register to comment.