Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Endlesss..... This app looks amazing.

Comments

• @lukesleepwalker said:
    @InfoCheck the riff you uploaded at 16:41 on Saturday is WICKED. 😍

I look forward to the new interface for endlesss so we can comment right in the app!

Thank you, the app has lots of possibilities for spontaneous play. Yes, the in app comments will be nice especially when everyone is in different time zones.

• I'm liking all the buzz but the lack of landscape mode is a big turn off for me. That and the lack of any interoperability, such as IAA or AUv3, with other music apps.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @EyeOhEss TestFlight says the app is compatible with iPhone 5S, iPad Air, and iPod Touch (6th gen), or later.

• Email sent out explaining storage issues resulting from so many riffs being produced. A good problem to have I guess. I would love to know what data gets stored in the cloud with each riff.

• The video was removed and I have no idea what this amazing app does..

• Like this app but still early beta stage.

• Badrico and boink, that was epic!

• Oh good golly wot a hooot !

A Sunday beach riot .... complete with Octopus queen .. don’t know where she came from Gus but you made her feel right at home ! 🐙

• @AudioGus said:
    Badrico and boink, that was epic!

Welcome to the future👌 Eno like composition garden where the mushrooms never run out and the octopus is served up fresh B)

• @bounce said:

@AudioGus said:
    Badrico and boink, that was epic!

Welcome to the future👌 Eno like composition garden where the mushrooms never run out and the octopus is served up fresh B)

HA ! ...... Throbbing psychedelic sushi dots ...

• @syrupcore said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@EyeOhEss said:
    Hopefully they can smooth the ‘take a bunch of scattered parts and turn it in to a finished song’ productivity aspect out over the next few updates :)

Yep, this would take it to a whole nuther level. Would be awesome to "save" rifffs and put them into a "holding pen" where you could then construct a track/song/session.

Definitely. Free form chaos jams is cool. But for arranging songs, live shows, sharing specific ideas, collaboration on a certain thing etc...some kind of organisation tools would be really nice.

Gaz mentioned that favoriting was on the todo list. That'd mostly cover it for me. That alone would enable future bits like 'Export all favorites as stems' in one swoop and/or 'New session from favorites' (clean up the fluff) and/or 'Import favorites from...' (hello, templates) and/or ...

I think the rifff display REALLY needs a more clever way to visualize rifff evolution. Just a long, linear, sequential list is a poor way to do it. It really needs something like a tree/network display so you can see where rifffs branch off and evolve.

• @MonkeyDrummer said:

@syrupcore said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@EyeOhEss said:
    Hopefully they can smooth the ‘take a bunch of scattered parts and turn it in to a finished song’ productivity aspect out over the next few updates :)

Yep, this would take it to a whole nuther level. Would be awesome to "save" rifffs and put them into a "holding pen" where you could then construct a track/song/session.

Definitely. Free form chaos jams is cool. But for arranging songs, live shows, sharing specific ideas, collaboration on a certain thing etc...some kind of organisation tools would be really nice.

Gaz mentioned that favoriting was on the todo list. That'd mostly cover it for me. That alone would enable future bits like 'Export all favorites as stems' in one swoop and/or 'New session from favorites' (clean up the fluff) and/or 'Import favorites from...' (hello, templates) and/or ...

I think the rifff display REALLY needs a more clever way to visualize rifff evolution. Just a long, linear, sequential list is a poor way to do it. It really needs something like a tree/network display so you can see where rifffs branch off and evolve.

Agree, it's too hard to keep track of rifff evolution right now.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@syrupcore said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@EyeOhEss said:

I think each one is arrived at linearly so a ‘filter history’ button where you tap it and it filters out the dead ends should work well enough.

• @AudioGus said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@MonkeyDrummer said:

@syrupcore said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

@EyeOhEss said:

I think each one is arrived at linearly so a ‘filter history’ button where you tap it and it filters out the dead ends should work well enough.

In theory, yes.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@AudioGus said:

In theory, yes.

Filter history is a neat idea. That could also work in reverse to find riffs that were good but skipped because some other shiny object won out in the moment. Filter history might also work with any riff selected to see different 'lineages'.

• @db909 said:
    Well I just played around for a bit with a solo jam and I’m very impressed how fluid the recording is. Personally I just want a fuck ton more in built sounds and I’m good. Make it able to record a master out too and you have easy breezy full track making joy.

• I guess we have gotten bored with this?

• Yep, I keep looking for new sounds because the existing ones just don't scratch my itch. I do think that once user samples are supported I'll use this a lot. I thought some of the collaborative jams were a blast and yielded some cool results. Hope the developer can bring this one to the finish line before running out of money because it's a great concept.

• @EyeOhEss said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Yep, I keep looking for new sounds because the existing ones just don't scratch my itch. I do think that once user samples are supported I'll use this a lot. I thought some of the collaborative jams were a blast and yielded some cool results. Hope the developer can bring this one to the finish line before running out of money because it's a great concept.

Yeah would be a shame if they don’t get to see their vision though on this. Feels like a piece of software/concept that could become a part of the every day general music production vocabulary if it’s given the chance to evolve a little. Fingers crossed!

Agreed. I think it really hinges on how well they can manage new sounds, will it be REGULAR sound packs? User sample instrument creation? Both? I just don’t see a wide audience always wanting to hook up an external thing to this. The experience with nothing more than the app itself has to be rock solid

• I got sucked back into BM3 and NS2 back do have a jam with a friend that i drop in on every now and then. They have yet to try jamming at the same time though which bugs me as that is a whole other world!

But yah I didnt get bored of it so much as audio stems are not a great workflow to me at the moment. I hope NS2 audio tracks and post beta Endlesss are a sweet union.

• Got sucked back into BM3 and NS2.

Super looking forward to stereo / uncompressed audio, better ui, new sounds etc etc. It is fantastic to colab but i just dont have an exported stem/loop editing flow on iOS. Even In BM3 I am mostly AUs with samples just being hits and fx. Very few loops. If NS2 audio tracks are good then I will very happily edit my Endlesses in there.

• @EyeOhEss said:

@db909 said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@lukesleepwalker said:
    Yep, I keep looking for new sounds because the existing ones just don't scratch my itch. I do think that once user samples are supported I'll use this a lot. I thought some of the collaborative jams were a blast and yielded some cool results. Hope the developer can bring this one to the finish line before running out of money because it's a great concept.

Yeah would be a shame if they don’t get to see their vision though on this. Feels like a piece of software/concept that could become a part of the every day general music production vocabulary if it’s given the chance to evolve a little. Fingers crossed!

Agreed. I think it really hinges on how well they can manage new sounds, will it be REGULAR sound packs? User sample instrument creation? Both? I just don’t see a wide audience always wanting to hook up an external thing to this. The experience with nothing more than the app itself has to be rock solid

They’re saying eventually it’ll have its own synth and also user samples instruments and user drumkits :)

That'll raise an interesting question about sharing of samples when collaborating.

• @lukesleepwalker said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@db909 said:

@EyeOhEss said:

@lukesleepwalker said:

They’re saying eventually it’ll have its own synth and also user samples instruments and user drumkits :)

That'll raise an interesting question about sharing of samples when collaborating.

Mmmm, right that...