Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• LoL great analogy. I usually just export to Auria and mix in Auria but it would save a bunch of time if we could pre-mix some elements with a nice parametric EQ on each track in Gadget and stem out some groups to Auria instead of exporting 20-30 tracks to mix in Auria.

All good. I feel better that I removed most of my rants. I already ranted so no need for the noise to sit on this board. 👍🏼

• How exactly are you exporting? Are you saving it as an Ableton Live project? I would love to be able to have multi-outs sending to individual channels in Cubasis or Auria.

• Gadget iOS - iPad, export to Dropbox, import to Auria

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    How exactly are you exporting? Are you saving it as an Ableton Live project? I would love to be able to have multi-outs sending to individual channels in Cubasis or Auria.

Gadget is odd that way...some export destinations offer multitrack, others don’t. I use the “export to ITunes”, but then grab the tracks through the Files app. No actual iTunes necessary.

• And you then import into Auria?

• @caspergomez said:
    And you then import into Auria?

Yeah. But you can import them to whatever app you prefer pretty much.

• Sometimes I export a project with just one scene and it becomes loops for loopy or BM3 or AUM or whatever.

• @Shabudua said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    How exactly are you exporting? Are you saving it as an Ableton Live project? I would love to be able to have multi-outs sending to individual channels in Cubasis or Auria.

Gadget is odd that way...some export destinations offer multitrack, others don’t. I use the “export to ITunes”, but then grab the tracks through the Files app. No actual iTunes necessary.

And there it is! Thanks.

• I’ve never tried it in Auria. Thought only “Local” and “Dropbox” were the two options. 🤔

• wimwim
    edited July 2019

@ExAsperis99 said:
    It reminds me of a friend who was a kindergarten teacher. All her kids' artwork looked like Helen Frankenthalers — it was amazing. I told her she had a gift for art instruction. She corrected me: "I just know when to take the paper away from them."

Forum Gold of the day right there!

• Why do my Gadget tracks keep getting offloaded to the cloud???

Every time I open the app I download them all only to find next time I open it more have been (de-synced)...

Surely if I choose to download them all then they should stay until I decide otherwise??

What happens if the internet connection goes down..

What is happening with Gadget :(

• I haven’t experienced that. Which platform?
    I have noticed a recent update causes the loaded song to disappear whenever you have to swipe out of the app on iOS. So when you launch Gadget it now opens a default song with 1 track. Annoying.

• The nintendo version just dropped 2 SICK gadgets. Both retro. Poly darius synth called ebina and a sega drum machine! 10$ each so steal your childrens switch if you don't have one. Its still basically version 1, but id say 1.5 cause of the controller amazingness. You can map all the controllers to anything and the touchscreen works so I freakin love it. No midi no anything but headphone or perhaps qr code save load. Cheers and mild iOS off but not really

• Enjoy dude

• @caspergomez said:
    I haven’t experienced that. Which platform?
    I have noticed a recent update causes the loaded song to disappear whenever you have to swipe out of the app on iOS. So when you launch Gadget it now opens a default song with 1 track. Annoying.

iPhone version and I have just been into my iCloud folder to select some samples from within Vancouver only to realise that they too had been off loaded to the cloud and even though in theory this should show all my files in my iCloud folder including the ones only in the cloud it only shows the ones downloaded into the files app which means this files update is still a mess.

So if it’s in the local folder it’s not in the cloud and if it’s in the cloud folder but not local it’s not in the cloud folder! WTF?!

• Bro, all I could say is I cannot stand their file system approach ever since Rosario and Zurich, and then Vancouver and now Bilbao. It’s such a PITA. Bilbao especially, building custom kits is so slow now since you can’t import quickly from Dropbox. That extra step to select the wav from Dropbox, then search for it locally, etc. it sucks.

• edited July 2019

@caspergomez I hear you. I love Gadget, but I don’t even bother to import samples or audio into it anymore. I just stick to the synths and the built-in samples. Otherwise I’d go crazy. When I need to use custom samples , I use other apps, such as Nanostudio 2.

• Why do I have to name my user presets again when I want to export them??? That makes no sense..

• @SlowwFloww said:
    Why do I have to name my user presets again when I want to export them??? That makes no sense..

That’s the name for the whole bank, not 1 preset (unless I misunderstand you).

• edited July 2019

@R_2 said:

@SlowwFloww said:
    Why do I have to name my user presets again when I want to export them??? That makes no sense..

That’s the name for the whole bank, not 1 preset (unless I misunderstand you).

you're right.. it saves the whole bank..

So you can't export 1 program seperately, only a whole bank of programs??

[update]

I'm having problems loading kits.. When you step true the kits in Bilbao the samples on the pads should change instantly with every kit. A lot of times the current kit stays active and while stepping thru the other kits: they don't load. When I move to the iPad's homescreen and go back to Gadget again it sometimes works as it should again...

• Send them an email. They won’t read this.

• It has to be Gadget related as Grooverider’s samples are still available offline since the last few months

• @SlowwFloww said:
    I'm having problems loading kits.. When you step true the kits in Bilbao the samples on the pads should change instantly with every kit. A lot of times the current kit stays active and while stepping thru the other kits: they don't load. When I move to the iPad's homescreen and go back to Gadget again it sometimes works as it should again...

Do you have Gadget’s background audio disabled? Seems like the same problem I described here. For me it’s not just Bilbao. Gadget doesn’t make any sound and doesn’t run after pressing play. Indeed, temporarily fixed by going to homescreen and back. Turning on background audio prevents it from happening, but then Gadget drains battery in background. Unless you force quit.

• Recently, every update comes with some new audio and other bugs.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Ha! No, no, @caspergomez, it's all good. I have the same feeling.

I just came to the realization today that I need to be strict with my Gadget usage. It is NOT for finishing a track. It's so so easy to get something up and running, but you need to know when to exit. It reminds me of a friend who was a kindergarten teacher. All her kids' artwork looked like Helen Frankenthalers — it was amazing. I told her she had a gift for art instruction. She corrected me: "I just know when to take the paper away from them."

That's what I need to learn with Gadget.

... know when to exit
    ... know when to take the paper away

Love that.. :) they will be added to the “important things to remember” list - before or after

... know when to hold ‘em
    ... know when to fold ‘em

• I mean, respectfully, I don’t think there’s much of a choice. When it’s time to mix and master, ya pretty much have to start exporting to Auria, or whatever ya use... Gadget makes that decision for ya.

The other request I’ve hounded them about is Mono/Stereo button on the main screen. Wonder how much coding/time would take to make that happen. That would be another good pre-mix tool we could use before having to export.

• I tried "export to MIDI" from my 4-track Gadget project.

In Dropbox, I saw 4 .mid files as expected.

But when I did the Open In Xequence2 for just one .mid file it seemed like the whole song was imported into one track.

Maybe I'm using Gadget wrong in some way.

• @wim said:

@ExAsperis99 said:
    It reminds me of a friend who was a kindergarten teacher. All her kids' artwork looked like Helen Frankenthalers — it was amazing. I told her she had a gift for art instruction. She corrected me: "I just know when to take the paper away from them."

Forum Gold of the day right there!

Yes, I love @ExAsperis99 analogy. Plus I learned something, heh

• @GovernorSilver said:
    I tried "export to MIDI" from my 4-track Gadget project.

In Dropbox, I saw 4 .mid files as expected.

But when I did the Open In Xequence2 for just one .mid file it seemed like the whole song was imported into one track.

Maybe I'm using Gadget wrong in some way.

I suggest asking @SevenSystems in one of the Xequence threads.