Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• A few other Korg apps also add Gadgets so they might be worth a look.
    iM1, iWavestation, Odyssei, iMS-20, iPolysix, iMono/Poly and Module.

+1 for each of those. except iMonoPoly, which gets a +10 from me.

• edited July 2019

@blakkaz said:

@Samu said:

@blakkaz said:
    I decided to finally grab Gadget while it was on sale.
    Not sure why I waited so long..? It's a lot of fun!

Are the IAPs on sale as well as the main app?

Prices in USD

A few other Korg apps also add Gadgets so they might be worth a look.

Thanks.
    I already have most of the standalone apps. :)

I'm open to suggestion on the IAPs though...
    Are there any 'must haves' in that list?

Impossible to recommend anything without knowing what you want.
    My own favorites, by my own rating:
    1. Stockholm (only starts to make a lot of sense if you own ReCycle for Win/Mac, makes Abu Dhabi look like a toy)
    2. Bilbao for quick sample import from AudioShare and for re-pitching/reverse playback of samples, feels a bit like MPC style

Note that Bilbao has no chromatic playback facility for samples, you have to map a sample to >1 pads and adjust the pitch knob for each separately. Sounds like trouble but it works when you set the knob gesture to "Rotary" and accept that semitones are actually pitch increments of 100.

Vancouver was never an option because you cannot map samples to key zones in order to build instrument patches.

• @LeonKowalski said:

+1 for each of those. except iMonoPoly, which gets a +10 from me.

Absolutely, and iWavestation is just as incredible, goes far beyond classic synthesis.

• Absolutely, and iWavestation is just as incredible, goes far beyond classic synthesis.

Although I have to admit that I can't get my head around it. I mean, how to program sounds and patches.

• @blakkaz said:

@Samu said:

@blakkaz said:
    I decided to finally grab Gadget while it was on sale.
    Not sure why I waited so long..? It's a lot of fun!

Are the IAPs on sale as well as the main app?

Prices in USD

Thanks.
    I already have most of the standalone apps. :)

I'm open to suggestion on the IAPs though...
    Are there any 'must haves' in that list?

Depends on what you like to make. For me being a guitar player and wanting a backing band, Gladstone for acoustic drums and Madrid for Electric and Acoustic bass are pretty nice.

• Haven’t gotten Stockholm yet. Can someone give me the quick n dirty on how to convert bulk loops into .Rex files? Is there a free way to do it? I may have a code for Reason Lite somewhere...would that suffice or is paying for Recycle the only way?

• R_2R_2
    edited July 2019

@LeonKowalski said:

Absolutely, and iWavestation is just as incredible, goes far beyond classic synthesis.

Although I have to admit that I can't get my head around it. I mean, how to program sounds and patches.

Did you check this beginners guide someone made?
    Still a unique synth and in my opinion worth it to spend time to learn a bit.

@blakkaz

• Bilbao is a must have (doesn’t reverse samples, Abu Dhabi does)
    • Vancouver for chromatic user samples (2 layers, no filter)
    • Stockholm if you already have Rex files, or download old breakbeats here
  • That's quite a collection. Any idea how to download some of the wav. files in iOS? Doesn't work for me.

• edited July 2019

@WillieNegus said:
    Haven’t gotten Stockholm yet. Can someone give me the quick n dirty on how to convert bulk loops into .Rex files? Is there a free way to do it? I may have a code for Reason Lite somewhere...would that suffice or is paying for Recycle the only way?

Reason lite should work! It's listed at Propellerheads' site as being able to create them.

• @rs2000 said:

@WillieNegus said:
    Haven’t gotten Stockholm yet. Can someone give me the quick n dirty on how to convert bulk loops into .Rex files? Is there a free way to do it? I may have a code for Reason Lite somewhere...would that suffice or is paying for Recycle the only way?

Reason lite should work! It's listed at Propellerheads' site as being able to create them.

Thanks 🙏🏾. Now to find that free license code 😬.

• @LeonKowalski I always browse with iCab mobile, I can just save these links (wave, Rex and many other) to its download manager and from there open in other apps (or save to Files).
    But others probably know a way to do it with different apps.

• edited July 2019

@LeonKowalski said:
    That's quite a collection. Any idea how to download some of the wav. files in iOS? Doesn't work for me.

Readdle Documents is pretty handy for this kind of stuff.

• @blakkaz said:

@LeonKowalski said:
    That's quite a collection. Any idea how to download some of the wav. files in iOS? Doesn't work for me.

Readdle Documents is pretty handy for this kind of stuff.

It works, thank you (hadn't paid attention to the fact that Readdle Documents has an internet browser...)!

• @WillieNegus said:

@rs2000 said:

@WillieNegus said:

Download Reason Compact and register with propellerheads to get a free copy of Reason Lite...

• @R_2 said:
    @LeonKowalski I always browse with iCab mobile, I can just save these links (wave, Rex and many other) to its download manager and from there open in other apps (or save to Files).
    But others probably know a way to do it with different apps.

Thanks a lot, I did it with Documents (could have thought of iCab though, which I used some time ago...)!

• @Samu said:

@WillieNegus said:

@rs2000 said:

@WillieNegus said:

Download Reason Compact and register with propellerheads to get a free copy of Reason Lite...

You can also do it with your Korg account.

• Too bad there’s no exporting loops to Rex files from Reason Compact. Europa would be a great loop maker for Stockholm.

• 2 points...I’m assuming the local folder is for someone who does not have or use iCloud.....when sorting samples in iCloud folder by modified date it does not appear to sort accurately and also it would be useful if it sorted newest date first. It is currently oldest at the top which is counter intuitive in my experience...

• edited July 2019

Also @ioue can you please add an ‘are you sure ?’ message to the delete function....with the lag I have deleted a few files which were not meant to be deleted.

Either that or add an undo function?

• @rs2000 said:

1. Stockholm (only starts to make a lot of sense if you own ReCycle for Win/Mac, makes Abu Dhabi look like a toy)

When there’s an iOS app that lets you make .REX files, I will instabuy it, and Stockholm too.

• @Shabudua said:

@rs2000 said:

When there’s an iOS app that lets you make .REX files, I will instabuy it, and Stockholm too.

iReCycle...hmmm

• They could just sell us Rex packs. The stock ones are ok but some are real duds. Wish Korg and Propellerhead would get on board with the Refills since Gadget is light years ahead of everyone else in terms of performance and stability.

• @LucidMusicInc said:
    They could just sell us Rex packs. The stock ones are ok but some are real duds. Wish Korg and Propellerhead would get on board with the Refills since Gadget is light years ahead of everyone else in terms of performance and stability.

You can purchase REX packs on many places online since many years, and in most cases you'll be able to download and extract them using Readdle Documents directly on the iDevice.

• @rs2000 said:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    They could just sell us Rex packs. The stock ones are ok but some are real duds. Wish Korg and Propellerhead would get on board with the Refills since Gadget is light years ahead of everyone else in terms of performance and stability.

You can purchase REX packs on many places online since many years, and in most cases you'll be able to download and extract them using Readdle Documents directly on the iDevice.

Yeah I know... I have a tonne of Raw Cutz .rex already

• Gadget’s background audio is disabled, but there’s this bug where it won’t play or make any sound when selecting it from the background. Activating background audio solves this.

But then Gadget uses around 20% overnight (airplain mode). Seems a bit much.

• @R_2 said:
    Gadget’s background audio is disabled, but there’s this bug where it won’t play or make any sound when selecting it from the background. Activating background audio solves this.

But then Gadget uses around 20% overnight (airplain mode). Seems a bit much.

I ALWAYS force quite gadget when I'm done to avoid the battery drain.

• So where the heck are these two gadgets that I probably will complain about but buy anyway, already?

• edited July 2019

For years I’ve asked in the Gadget Forums to add a Search field and received no response. Recently when they closed the forum, I had no choice but to email Korg directly since they recently changed the Sample Browser (for some ridiculous reason) and removed our ability to import directly from Dropbox to Bilbao sample pads. I sent an email to them bitching since this means MORE inconvenience and time wasting, as they love to put us through. I bitched about NO SEARCH field... and voila, a day later there was an update in App Store with the Search button. Thankfully they added it so you could find your damn samples, but building custom kits in Bilbao now takes so much longer with their new file system approach. Disappointing.

I also emailed directly about adding the long-needed and obviously basic and essential features in Bilbao such as Rev button, Attack button, One Shot button, etc.

Finally Vancouver needs a Multi switch to toggle and make sample time stretch/compress across all keys. Lord... it’s like a 80’s Casio sampler. BM3 did it, why can’t KORG? Smh, constantly.

• edited July 2019

Korg needs to basically look at BM3 once and for all and copy its features and tools list. They could have updated Bilbao so many years ago to do all the stuff BM3 is capable of, and it would have been game over... and also some visual, graphic EQs... just something simple so we could actually mix inside Gadget.

KG2 was a huge marketing flop. Anybody whose seriously making music knows this. It was a serious insult imo. KG2 insult was on the same level as when they released “2 audio gadgets” with ZERO editing features.