Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• I'm still puzzled by the 'Madrid Gadget' as it's the only Gadget with Y-Axis velocity when the keyboard is expanded.

The Taipei (midi Gadget) could have used Y-Axis velocity as well and the rest of the Gadgets too for allowing a bit more dynamic performance using the onscreen keyboards/pads. If not Y-Axis then at least default velocity for newly drawn events.

Korg has a supernice onscreen keyboard and Kaos pad in iM1 and iWavestation but in order to take advantage of the expressiveness of the sounds velocity is needed so Y-Axis velocity could be an option here...

In iMono/Poly it's possible to route the velocity to modulate parameters but no way to audition the edits using the screen keys.

So yeah, my wish for a future update is to get a better onscreen keyboard for recording and entering (step-recording hello?) notes...

• Sounds good, Rocky. Appreciate the insight.

• @RockySmalls said:
    my original observation still stands.
    such a shame when people get themselves stuck in these behavioural loops. contributing nothing and just filibustering about in the path of those who might.
    if you can’t make a satisfactory track out of Gadget as it stands NOW then really it’s time to pack yr own self off to the old folks home for a life of dominoes and chairobics, you’ll find many like minded souls there to reminisce with about the ‘korg wars’ and how devs would jump to it at the snap of a finger ‘back in the day’.
    if yr not ready for that, then maybe check out the many other threads here about the absolutely insane things you can do with 10 or 20 quids worth ( or even £0 ) of app-iness on a stick.
    Trying to puzzle out the workings of a japanese business heirarchy or even it’s society will take a lifetime.
    Btw, i’ve toured there twice and if you turn up to any meeting without immaculately wrapped gifts for everyone there then you will be seen as a barbarian gaijin and won’t be asked back..
    now... if you’ve got some music, tips, tricks or just good humoured apple ribbing up yr sleeve then take off yr armadillo coat & enter the forum gracefully.. “eets ah nice ah plaice!”

Agreed.

I love/admire/am interested in Gadget, but got lost in the treacle of this thread long ago.

• I apologize to all those I have annoyed with my rants, except the grandpas at K. I’ll be on the sidelines until someone needs some assistance using Gadget, at which point I’ll jump in and try to assist. ✌🏼

• edited July 2019

@caspergomez said:

I apologize to all those I have annoyed with my rants, except the grandpas at K. I’ll be on the sidelines until someone needs some assistance using Gadget, at which point I’ll jump in and try to assist. ✌🏼

I maintain that it is patriotic to criticize your country. You love it and you want the best for it!

• Just a friendly reminder that the current sale ends tomorrow (July 18th). :)

I've picked up Bilbao, Abu Dhabi and Vancouver so far.

What are people's thoughts on Gladstone and Madrid?
    I make mostly house/techno/jungle stuff. Anything in these two for me?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    @caspergomez said:

I apologize to all those I have annoyed with my rants, except the grandpas at K. I’ll be on the sidelines until someone needs some assistance using Gadget, at which point I’ll jump in and try to assist. ✌🏼

I maintain that it is patriotic to criticize your country. You love it and you want the best for it!

Good Lord! Finally somebody gets me!! Thanks man, you’re right! The Grandpas at Korg are like the Grandpas on Capitol Hill.

• @blakkaz said:
    Just a friendly reminder that the current sale ends tomorrow (July 18th). :)

If you’re doing soulful house, maybe you’ll grab some basses from Madrid. I’ve pulled from it a bunch of times. Gladstone seemed cool at first because it’s got HQ samples, but I rarely use it for the tech, house and techno I make.

• @blakkaz said:

That depends on how much you like the sounds they provide.
    Nobody else but you can tell.
    As these are based on classic instruments I suppose you're better off with the ones you already own.

• @rs2000 said:

You're saying I should buy them and see if I like how they sound?

• @blakkaz said:

@rs2000 said:

You're saying I should buy them and see if I like how they sound?

No, more like "see if you can find youtube or soundcloud demos of them".

• @rs2000 said:

Sounds like a plan.

Perhaps I could also ask for other people's opinion on an internet forum?

• @blakkaz said:

@rs2000 said:

Sounds like a plan.

Perhaps I could also ask for other people's opinion on an internet forum?

I don't own them either but maybe someone here feels like demoing and recording the sample sets?

• I don’t own them either- and I’m into the same sort of genres. I’ve always managed to convince myself that I would be much better off spending my money elsewhere.

I would buy Stockholm before any of these two- but I don’t have it yet either- the Rex file issue keeps putting me off.

• Madrid sounds corny to me, but I’m a bass player. Gladstone has great samples that can sound like you’ve sampled a Stan Kenton record, but I only use it for color.

• @robosardine said:
    I don’t own them either- and I’m into the same sort of genres. I’ve always managed to convince myself that I would be much better off spending my money elsewhere.

I would buy Stockholm before any of these two- but I don’t have it yet either- the Rex file issue keeps putting me off.

It's true that preparing your own REX files is a bit of work and I wouldn't want to slice more than 3 longer files in one session. But even for only using pre-made loops i find it a great addon.

• R_2R_2
    edited July 2019

@blakkaz said:

For those genres I’d get Stockholm first.

@robosardine said:
    the Rex file issue keeps putting me off.

You mean this bug with Stockholm not showing Rex files moved to iCloud?
    I believe @ioue is aware of that, so hopefully be fixed soon. In the meantime it’s got a good collection of loops to start with and user Rex files work fine as long as you store them in “Local”.

• @blakkaz said:

Thanks for the heads up.
    Got Gladstone a few days ago. Enjoying it pretty much. If you like to craft your breaks, they can be useful.
    Madrid can be awesome, depending how much you would dig adding traditional bass sounds. I for one was playing with it in a track using a fingered and another using slap bass. Nothing like playing the real thing, but it's useful

btw, I have no idea if you can route Madrid to Dourban. It would be nice

Gotta decide until tomorrow if I'll get Vancouver then :wink:

• I would only get Stockholm if you’re going to create or buy Rex files. Otherwise it’s a bunch of dated loops.

• @R_2 said:

@blakkaz said:

For those genres I’d get Stockholm first.

@robosardine said:
    the Rex file issue keeps putting me off.

You mean this bug with Stockholm not showing Rex files moved to iCloud?
    I believe @ioue is aware of that, so hopefully be fixed soon. In the meantime it’s got a good collection of loops to start with and user Rex files work fine as long as you store them in “Local”.

I was meaning the exclusive use of Rex files requirement and the inability to make your own - I still can’t get my head around why it wasn’t created for the files we know and love.

• There is a new update. I have held off updating the last couple of rounds due to bad reports from the early adopters. Is this update safe?

• edited July 2019

@espiegel123 said:
    There is a new update. I have held off updating the last couple of rounds due to bad reports from the early adopters. Is this update safe?

I am working on a 2017 Pro, latest (NOT beta) and it works fine so far. Opens up the last song etc. Hardly tested it extravagantly, but tried three or four things....interested now to see how the new Module stuff works....

• Stockholm got file management finally! Huzzah! o:)

• My engineering tasks prevented me to come to this thread. That means I haven't read any mentions to me yet. But I think this v4.3.0 fixed almost all the serious issues discussed here.

• @ioue said:
    My engineering tasks prevented me to come to this thread. That means I haven't read any mentions to me yet. But I think this v4.3.0 fixed almost all the serious issues discussed here.

Great job!

• @ioue said:
    My engineering tasks prevented me to come to this thread. That means I haven't read any mentions to me yet. But I think this v4.3.0 fixed almost all the serious issues discussed here.

Thanks for stopping by, love the new browser additions in Stockholm :)
    (When Gadget got folder support for *.wav files I made a folder for *.rx2 files too and was bummed I could not find them but now all is good!).

Time to dig deeper and see what else has changed :)
    (Not being a proper keyboard player the new expansion in Module is of less interest to me but Module has another feature that could be useful in Gadget, on-screen y-axis velocity!).

Cheers!

• @Samu said:

@ioue said:

Thanks for stopping by, love the new browser additions in Stockholm :)
    (When Gadget got folder support for *.wav files I made a folder for *.rx2 files too and was bummed I could not find them but now all is good!).

Time to dig deeper and see what else has changed :)
    (Not being a proper keyboard player the new expansion in Module is of less interest to me but Module has another feature that could be useful in Gadget, on-screen y-axis velocity!).

Cheers!

Do we get layering in Gadget now? Might be inclined to upgrade if I could make layered presets with the Glasgow or Salzburg gadgets. Korg didn't bother to explain that bit to us.

• Layering is not supported in Gadget since these Module gadgets ate realized as single plugins.

• @ioue said:
    Layering is not supported in Gadget since these Module gadgets ate realized as single plugins.

Update description for Gadgets says:

"Module Performance Expansion" sound set is supported in Glasgow gadget.

But if that just means the sound set and not any of the layered sounds, it's a big letdown - and the price for the expansion seems a bit steep if all we get in Gadget are a few new sounds. So if you mainly own Module for use in Gadget, it sounds like a really bad deal.

• @ioue Thank you so much for implementing the new sample browser in Stockholm and supporting folders - SOOO much more useful now.