Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Gadget 2 !

Comments

• @ExAsperis99 the Two new Gadgets are not coming to iOS.

• Really? I hadn’t heard that. They are going to the desktop, I believe.

• edited July 2019

I also emailed directly about adding the long-needed and obviously basic and essential features in Bilbao such as Rev button, Attack button, One Shot button, etc.

>

You should ask them to make the samples longer than 5s for Bilbao and 10s for Abu. Zurich works ok for longer samples - but I sometimes wanna chop up a 12-13s loop! That's been a big gripe of mine with gadget since day1

• edited July 2019

It’ll never happen, dude. We’ve been on them since 2015. I created a BILBAO WISHLIST which is no longer accessible in Google because Korg after shutting down its forum JUNE 1 seems to have instructed Google to remove all indexing of the forum as well. The list was built upon by our community members and I finally compiled everyone’s top desired features into a concise post. We couldn’t have made it easier for Korg devs. And what did they do? Ignore 95% if it and answer us by releasing Vancouver (longer sample time) and Recife (one shot and rev buttons). They do this to make it seem as if they have a large Gadget list. That’s all. They could (but refuse to) go back to their best gadgets (Bilbao being one of them) and simply update with new and improved features. They won’t. Korg Gadget “kind of” caters to serious producers, but it’s not their real market... it’s really more geared towards hobbyists. That’s evident with its severe lack of features in the mix down and editing tools departments. So forget longer sample time dude... you have Vancouver. A 1980’s Casio sampler.

• Yeah man I have been using gadget less and less recently
    Too many other options out that are progressing faster
    Korg needs to step up soon
    Lots of basic things still needed like “double tap to reset” mixer or knobs
    Love a lot of Korg sounds though!

• edited July 2019

Yeah, I mean, ok they do have a lot of sounds right in the box and you could do a lot with that in conjunction with sample libraries in Bilbao. But these days there are loads of good synths in App Store with many more in 2020. But why does BM3 have multi/sample time-stretch across the keyboard so you could play a synth note in poly or a vocal phrase as a harmony and stay in time? Why does BM3 have every editing feature you could think of when Bilbao lacks basic buttons? Why does BM3 utilize IAA and AUv3 and Korg refuses? Why does BM3 have EQ on every pad and Graphic EQ plug-in capabilities on every track and Gadget is limited to a few knobs as a 3-band sweepable mid and I even question the frequency accuracy? Etc.

• @caspergomez said:
    @ExAsperis99 the Two new Gadgets are not coming to iOS.

TBF we have better gadgets to work with like the samplers and ROMplers that Switch will never get. Didn’t want them the slightest anyway.

The directories inside gadget is a massive leap forward. If Apple radically improves its files system I suspect a lot of developers including Korg will seize on it and the file management in iOS will eventually be a thing of the past.

Korg made Gadget universal with weakened its UI layout for iPad as you could tell menus and everything was scales to fit the iPhone screen. With IPad OS dropping in the fall so will many more updates and IAPs I’m sure.

• The point about the two new Gadgets is that Korg has a bad marketing team. They constantly mislead. It doesn’t matter. We don’t need more KINGSTON and KAMATA anyway.

I know iOS file system is a challenge for Devs. However, that doesn’t excuse Korg taking years to finally add a Search button or changing the Bilbao sample browser recently and removing direct-import from Dropbox, which made creating custom Kits so much faster than the newer approach. It’s terrible. Thankfully they at least added the Search button to lessen the blow.

• @caspergomez said:

Is this verified anywhere?

• .> @LucidMusicInc said:

@caspergomez said:

TBF we have better gadgets to work with like the samplers and ROMplers that Switch will never get. Didn’t want them the slightest anyway.

The directories inside gadget is a massive leap forward. If Apple radically improves its files system I suspect a lot of developers including Korg will seize on it and the file management in iOS will eventually be a thing of the past.

File management inside one app was never under Apple's control. Developers have always had full access to the data storage path of their own app, including all files, sub folders and which files to make visible in iTunes file sharing or exchange over WiFi and cloud storage.
    The restrictions are between different apps only.

Nothing has ever kept KORG from implementing proper file and folder support inside Gadget and other iOS apps even on previous iOS versions.

• A few words about Stockholm and how I'm using it...

@WillieNegus said:
    Too bad there’s no exporting loops to Rex files from Reason Compact. Europa would be a great loop maker for Stockholm.

There's so much that the propellerheads could do. A while ago, one of their developers had proudly presented how easy it is for them to port practically any portion of Reason to iOS (you can find the technical presentation it on Youtube).
    Yet they're hesitant to do it (except in thor and Gadget's Stockholm).

@Shabudua said:

@rs2000 said:
    1. Stockholm (only starts to make a lot of sense if you own ReCycle for Win/Mac, makes Abu Dhabi look like a toy)

When there’s an iOS app that lets you make .REX files, I will instabuy it, and Stockholm too.

See above.
    @Hanna A sample recorder and slicer exporting to the REX format would be so fun to use on iOS with all the zooming and tapping involved with slice editing.

@DaveMagoo said:

@Shabudua said:

@rs2000 said:

1. Stockholm (only starts to make a lot of sense if you own ReCycle for Win/Mac, makes Abu Dhabi look like a toy)

When there’s an iOS app that lets you make .REX files, I will instabuy it, and Stockholm too.

iReCycle...hmmm

Yes please :smiley:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    They could just sell us Rex packs. The stock ones are ok but some are real duds. Wish Korg and Propellerhead would get on board with the Refills since Gadget is light years ahead of everyone else in terms of performance and stability.

@caspergomez said:
    For years I’ve asked in the Gadget Forums to add a Search field and received no response.

Yes, a search field and folder support for every file-related operation!

I also emailed directly about adding the long-needed and obviously basic and essential features in Bilbao such as Rev button, Attack button, One Shot button, etc.

Finally Vancouver needs a Multi switch to toggle and make sample time stretch/compress across all keys. Lord... it’s like a 80’s Casio sampler. BM3 did it, why can’t KORG? Smh, constantly.

I'm using Stockholm for all that. Bilbao and Vancouver cannot sample either so I have to prepare my samples elsewhere anyway.

A few years ago, I've set up a batch Wav to Rex converter using ReCycle and Windows "AutoIt".
    I was able to easily process batches of hundreds of files automatically, but the problem was that good slicing involves more than just using a fixed slice auto-detection threshold.
    At the same threshold setting, some slices are set in the middle of a sound where they shouldn't be, others are completely missing. It's usually necessary to do some hand work that cannot be automated easily.
    Also, an issue plaguing ReCycle since ages is that slices are often placed a few samples too late, leaving a more or less audible click at the end of a slice during playback, so often I have to move each slice point a few samples to the left.
    The propellerheads have never taken care of that, not even a setting to adjust the slice detector behaviour.

Well, these are the limits and still I'm having lots of fun with this combo.
    I'll do the "hard and boring work" of preparing all kinds of samples into REX files at times of low creativity and love to just load and use them when I want to get the music going.

• @caspergomez said:
    I just emailed them again about adding a Search button to Song Titles list since it’s again ridiculous, and so 1982, to have to scroll endlessly through 100’s of songs to find what you need. It’s just silly at this point to have to ask for these basic things.

There’s already a “Search” option above the song list.

I’m pretty certain the new gadgets (Ebina and Otorii) will be released for iOS.

• I have actually found myself using Gadget a bit more recently- but that’s only after going all in with the recent ToneStack sale. They seem to team up well together, in particular Berlin and some of the distortion/ overdrives.

• That’s strange, when did they add the search field above Song title? I must have subconsciously ignored it in recent times, but also haven’t used KG much over the past few months as I’ve been transitioning to BM3.

• @rs2000 said:
    A few words about Stockholm and how I'm using it...

@WillieNegus said:
    Too bad there’s no exporting loops to Rex files from Reason Compact. Europa would be a great loop maker for Stockholm.

There's so much that the propellerheads could do. A while ago, one of their developers had proudly presented how easy it is for them to port practically any portion of Reason to iOS (you can find the technical presentation it on Youtube).
    Yet they're hesitant to do it (except in thor and Gadget's Stockholm).

@Shabudua said:

@rs2000 said:

See above.
    @Hanna A sample recorder and slicer exporting to the REX format would be so fun to use on iOS with all the zooming and tapping involved with slice editing.

@DaveMagoo said:

@Shabudua said:

@rs2000 said:

iReCycle...hmmm

Yes please :smiley:

@LucidMusicInc said:
    They could just sell us Rex packs. The stock ones are ok but some are real duds. Wish Korg and Propellerhead would get on board with the Refills since Gadget is light years ahead of everyone else in terms of performance and stability.

@caspergomez said:
    For years I’ve asked in the Gadget Forums to add a Search field and received no response.

Yes, a search field and folder support for every file-related operation!

Finally Vancouver needs a Multi switch to toggle and make sample time stretch/compress across all keys. Lord... it’s like a 80’s Casio sampler. BM3 did it, why can’t KORG? Smh, constantly.

I'm using Stockholm for all that. Bilbao and Vancouver cannot sample either so I have to prepare my samples elsewhere anyway.

A few years ago, I've set up a batch Wav to Rex converter using ReCycle and Windows "AutoIt".
    I was able to easily process batches of hundreds of files automatically, but the problem was that good slicing involves more than just using a fixed slice auto-detection threshold.
    At the same threshold setting, some slices are set in the middle of a sound where they shouldn't be, others are completely missing. It's usually necessary to do some hand work that cannot be automated easily.
    Also, an issue plaguing ReCycle since ages is that slices are often placed a few samples too late, leaving a more or less audible click at the end of a slice during playback, so often I have to move each slice point a few samples to the left.
    The propellerheads have never taken care of that, not even a setting to adjust the slice detector behaviour.

Well, these are the limits and still I'm having lots of fun with this combo.
    I'll do the "hard and boring work" of preparing all kinds of samples into REX files at times of low creativity and love to just load and use them when I want to get the music going.

Great post.👌🏾

• edited July 2019

I don’t see the big deal about Stockholm personally. BM3 auto slices and sends to pads beautifully. Abu Dhabi failed bc it didn’t have transient detect which is something Korg could have easily added in an update.

• @caspergomez said:
    Korg needs to basically look at BM3 once and for all and copy its features and tools list.

they need to look at Caustic :)

• GUI skins
    • load soundfonts
    • easy project sharing: 1 project file
    • ftp server
    • double tap reset
    • offline timestething
    • bpm detection
  • @robosardine said:
    I have actually found myself using Gadget a bit more recently- but that’s only after going all in with the recent ToneStack sale. They seem to team up well together, in particular Berlin and some of the distortion/ overdrives.

Good nudge. Thanks.

• edited July 2019

I didn’t like Caustic when I downloaded it a while back.

To me, GADGET could be complete if they listen to the community. It needs only a couple of updates that they could easily handle:

BILBAO : look at BM3 for features ideas
    VANCOUVER : timestretch switch
    AUDIO APPS : some damn editing features
    EQ : IFX needs Parametric EQ. Silliness!
    AUv3 and IAA support! TAIPEI is rubbish

• @caspergomez said:
    I’ve been transitioning to BM3.

Good luck with that :D

@SlowwFloww said:

@caspergomez said:
    Korg needs to basically look at BM3 once and for all and copy its features and tools list.

they need to look at Caustic :)

• GUI skins
    • load soundfonts
    • easy project sharing: 1 project file
    • ftp server
    • double tap reset
    • offline timestething
    • bpm detection

Caustic team are great developers and terrible at doing business, selling a product ahead of everyone else at a dirt cheap price and then complaining to their customers that their products sell cheaply and they don’t make enough money to do further development.

Great features but bad mojo from SingleMindedSoftware IMHO >:)

• edited July 2019

BM3 and Cubasis seem to be ahead of everybody on iOS and keep pushing forward. Bilbao could have become BM3 with continued updates, or even Battery at minimum. Although Korg is obviously the VI king on iOS, they refuse to give us proper EQ to mix in the box among other basic features.

• edited July 2019

Whatever approach they took with Audio is just like a midi trigger to play a 16 bar sample. That’s all. It’s not editable in its current format. All these other devs have done it since Auria... BM, Cubasis, etc.
    Korg can’t do it? They could.

• edited July 2019

@LucidMusicInc said:
    Caustic team are great developers and terrible at doing business, selling a product ahead of everyone else at a dirt cheap price and then complaining to their customers that their products sell cheaply and they don’t make enough money to do further development.

The dev of Caustic is Rej, only 1 dev. He's a cool guy and he did not stop further development of Caustic. He released an awesome mastering app a couple of weeks ago for again a very low price. The app is currently only for Android and it has the same great design as Caustic.. it has all the professional features you need to polish your track..

I think you mean Mike, the dev of the 'Caustic Guide' app, he mentioned that the app wasn't as succesful as he had hoped for..

• edited July 2019

@caspergomez said:
    I keep telling you guys Korg doesn’t care that much about Gadget. It’s peanuts compared to their hardware sales.

This must be true. And the same principle must explain why so many other iOS music apps languish in incompleteness. (For example, Groovebox.) Devs are businesses, after all. If these apps were cash cows, they’d be better supported and get more updates. I guess we iOS musicians just aren’t a big enough market yet.

• @caspergomez
    You clearly have an agenda, man, since joining the forums yesterday. You hate Korg. We get it.

Give it a rest.

• edited July 2019

LoL. No, I’ve spent 5 years using Gadget, but have been disappointed every year since. I want them to succeed, but they just won’t listen. There’s a difference. But you’re right. Enough already. Sorry folks.

• edited July 2019

@caspergomez said:
    LoL. No, I’ve spent 5 years using Gadget, but have been disappointed every year since. I want them to succeed, but they just won’t listen. There’s a difference. But you’re right. Enough already. Sorry folks.

I know your icon is from a different Al Pacino movie, but I hear you: "And they keep pulling me back in....."

• Yeah, Scarface. They’ve kept me sucked in only bc their ecosystem is strong enough to quickly deliver tracks, and their gadget count far exceeds anything else out there. I have a L-H relationship with KG.

I’m gonna delete a couple of bashy posts bc I feel a little bad now that I’ve been so hard on them. LoL.

• I just updated/deleted a bunch of my posts since you’ve made me realize nobody wants to hear me rant about my love hate relationship with Korg Gadget. Thanks.

• edited July 2019

Ha! No, no, @caspergomez, it's all good. I have the same feeling.

I just came to the realization today that I need to be strict with my Gadget usage. It is NOT for finishing a track. It's so so easy to get something up and running, but you need to know when to exit. It reminds me of a friend who was a kindergarten teacher. All her kids' artwork looked like Helen Frankenthalers — it was amazing. I told her she had a gift for art instruction. She corrected me: "I just know when to take the paper away from them."

That's what I need to learn with Gadget.