Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Let’s see your studio setup (photos please!)

Comments

• @Fruitbat1919 the best studio is where you get the inspiration, innit?

• edited January 9

@AMBello said:
    @Fruitbat1919 the best studio is where you get the inspiration, innit?

I used to agree, but as most my musical dabblings are of the "accidental" variety now, as long as my head pains are not happing I am good where ever. I do know what you mean though as surroundings help my mood immensely, even if I still throw a few things in an app and press a few buttons to see what comes out lol

• @erdstern said:

@johnfromberkeley said:
    My latest setup:

The good ol' DeepAI-Studios ;-)

So this is really an AI image! My son was right

• @Spinoza said:

@erdstern said:

@johnfromberkeley said:
    My latest setup:

The good ol' DeepAI-Studios ;-)

So this is really an AI image! My son was right

Smart lad. ;-)

• This is my new set up... Kikkerland ibed and intech grid en16... The poor man's midi fighter twister and some sticky velcro. Just need a low profile usb hub that can do power, usbc data and a headphone socket and I'm done.

• Put some of my amps and CP70 in this awesome space.

• @BroCoast said:
    Put some of my amps and CP70 in this awesome space.

Very nice!

• @sevenape said:
    This is my new set up... Kikkerland ibed and intech grid en16... The poor man's midi fighter twister and some sticky velcro. Just need a low profile usb hub that can do power, usbc data and a headphone socket and I'm done.

I have this one Anker USB C Hub, PowerExpand 6-in-1 Adapter, with 4K HDMI, 100W Power Delivery Port, 2 10 Gbps A Ports, SD Card Reader, and 3.5mm Audio, for MacBook Air, Pro, XPS, More https://a.co/d/dOgn7ME

It’s been great for me so far.

Looks like a fun set up!

• @HotStrange said:

@sevenape said:
    This is my new set up... Kikkerland ibed and intech grid en16... The poor man's midi fighter twister and some sticky velcro. Just need a low profile usb hub that can do power, usbc data and a headphone socket and I'm done.

I have this one Anker USB C Hub, PowerExpand 6-in-1 Adapter, with 4K HDMI, 100W Power Delivery Port, 2 10 Gbps A Ports, SD Card Reader, and 3.5mm Audio, for MacBook Air, Pro, XPS, More https://a.co/d/dOgn7ME

Looks like a fun set up!

Brilliant thanks!!! I’ll check it right now!!!

• @sevenape said:

@HotStrange said:

@sevenape said:

Looks like a fun set up!

Brilliant thanks!!! I’ll check it right now!!!

Hope it helps! It offers a lot for the price. Had mine for months with no issues so far. I use it with my midi controller, hardware, charging my iPad, and connecting my headphones at the same time. Works with external SSDs too. Anker makes really solid products.

• edited January 27

@BroCoast said:
    Put some of my amps and CP70 in this awesome space.

Wow. Seeing all those album covers must be massively inspirational.

• edited March 28

I have been meaning to do this for years.

MacBook, mixer, interfaces, LaunchPad, KeyStep, Neutron.

MX61, Komplete Kontrol S49

Piano

Drums, amps

Guitars, bass, alto sax, concert flute, pedal case

More guitars, banjo, mandolin, dulcimer, etc.

There’s other things not in photos too.

• Smaller speakers make the room feel SO MUCH bigger now, which is a good thing!

• @Tarekith said:
    Smaller speakers make the room feel SO MUCH bigger now, which is a good thing!

Looks great, do you not miss the high-end floorstanders though?

• No, these are better despite the small size. :)

The Tyler's I had before were amazing speakers too, but after 10 years I was sick of having these massive monoliths always towering over me. Plus I won't even bring up how much fun they are to move at 180lbs each :0

• @Tarekith said:

Impressed by your tidy orderliness!

• I see some nice set ups. All I have is an iPad, mp4 mini & headphones

• @MrStochastic said:

@Tarekith said:

I'm definitely a bit of a neat freak, no doubt!

• @Tarekith said:

@MrStochastic said:

@Tarekith said:

I'm definitely a bit of a neat freak, no doubt!

I tend to vacillate between moving things around and having them very neat. The photos I took above are mid-rearrangement of everything.

• @dogonBeats said:
    I see some nice set ups. All I have is an iPad, mp4 mini & headphones

You maybe in a more favourable position than some of us.
    I used to only have a 9” ipad pro which is still working away I must say
    however things got a little bit interesting in my music room since then.
    Now there’s a sea of cables and a small mountain of gear in front of me
    and I’m trying desperately not to make it any bigger.
    Keep it simple otherwise it’s a rabbit hole and slightly emptier pockets for you.😉

• @Gravitas said:
    Keep it simple otherwise it’s a rabbit hole and slightly emptier pockets for you.😉

I understand fully. Some would say less is more. However, I miss my bass, electric & acoustic guitar, among other instruments I rarely touched.. Good thing there’s an app for those 😂

• @dogonBeats said:

Which is fine. It's not about lots of gear, it's about your abilities as a producer of music. Some people can spend thousands on lots of high tech gear and not produce a single piece of music.

• @dogonBeats said:

@Gravitas said:

I understand fully. Some would say less is more. However, I miss my bass, electric & acoustic guitar, among other instruments I rarely touched.. Good thing there’s an app for those 😂

I hear you on that.
    Music is music and however we get there that’s what we do. 😁

• @Wyvern said:

@dogonBeats said:

Which is fine. It's not about lots of gear, it's about your abilities as a producer of music. Some people can spend thousands on lots of high tech gear and not produce a single piece of music.

Agreed.

• Here's my iPad studio in a bag setup - for traveling. Rather low budget, but it works. And it all fits in the laptop bag (bag has a big pocket ontop for the smaller items).

• iPad 9th Gen 256GB (pictured is old 5th gen - used the 9th gen to take this picture).

• Nektar Impact GX Mini MIDI controller. I got it because of size and it has a joystick.

• FZONE SP-2 Flat sustain pedal - just came in the mail

• Sony MDR-7506 Headphones - my long time favorite.

• Zoom H1n microphone. Really cheap, but better than built-in ipad mic.

• Laptop case (used from a thrift shop, forgot the price, but was cheap)

• Lenovo T430 laptop, dual boot Windows & Linux Mint (used, $75 from a pawn shop)

• edited March 29

Been a minute since I posted. Much more hardware. My iPad isn't employed full time, however, off to the side and out of sight of the photo is a Volt 2 that's dedicated to the iPad for when I connect it, such that I can use it as a Send FX or Synth or whatever I want with full audio and MIDI both ways.

Once I pull the keyboard forward there's space behind it for the iPad+stand.

• edited March 29

-

• edited March 29

-

• Ahhh yes...
    My rig currently looks and sounds like this.
    What's not in view are the stands that
    I made for the Korg Volca Drum and iPhone
    and for the iPad and Korg NanoKontrol.

• Here’s the Korg Volca Drum and iPhone stand