Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Let’s see your studio setup (photos please!)

Comments

• edited June 2023

Keeping it raw

• edited June 2023

• Another view

• Studio in a box for iPad:

• New house and my oldest kid (22) finally moved out… so I now have my own dedicated studio room for all my stuff!

• @thatguysmitty Your studio is beautiful but the disco ball is where it's at. 😁👍

• edited June 2023

@Daveypoo said:
    @thatguysmitty Your studio is beautiful but the disco ball is where it's at. 😁👍

Thanks man…Just got some black-out curtains yesterday! About do do some day-raving!!!🔊🪩🕺🏾

• Ye Roland Rubix 22.

£75 ( new )

but should have maybe bought a focusrite 8i6. So the ipads to audio4c would output to the another ipad. Where the mic would be.

With the roland. The mic outputs from roland to audio4c.

Will see about latency. When cables arrive.

• edited June 2023

Not to mention. Ipad can be glitchy. Will probably be fine but if having to buy yet another ipad, plus another audio interface. An expensive way of trying to save money not buying an ipad air 5 etc.

lol

And amount of potential effects though etc for bleass voices, plus samples etc.

You would think the combined performance of an ipad 9 plus air 3 be samish as air 5.

but not so sure.

Its just if I need the cpu.

• Is it ok to stack audio interface?

Will make a shelf thing for air flow.

• The music bench 😀

• @axens said:

The music bench 😀

Looks like a dream setup! How do you like that TE mixer?

• Super cool to see how people’s setups have evolved over the years. I’m in the middle of reorganizing mine and figuring what I’m going to use. I recently moved into a way smaller space so my area is limited. It’s a mess at the moment but these are the photos I have now since I’m working right now. It’s a mess.

It’s a complete disaster at the moment. I did just pick up a Yamaha RX5 in perfect condition and I’m really loving it.

• @HotStrange said:

Looks like a dream setup! How do you like that TE mixer?

Loving the mixer! It feels and sounds great. It has a little room for improvement, like better midi settings and a more stable clock for example, but overall, completely worth it.

• edited July 2023

• Testing a new setup this month:

• edited July 2023

@echoopera said:
    Testing a new setup this month:

Omg! The laptop/ipad stand! Link me please. TY

• @echoopera said:

Now that’s a cool setup!

🙌

/DMfan🇸🇪

• @echoopera said:

I’m saving up for the op-1 field right now. I sold my OG op-1 a while back and have regretted it ever since. I just can’t bring myself to buy another when the field has so many good upgrades. How are you liking it? Are the upgrades worth the price? My OP-1 + iPad combo has been my favorite setup so far.

• edited July 2023

@HotStrange said:

@echoopera said:

I’m saving up for the op-1 field right now. I sold my OG op-1 a while back and have regretted it ever since. I just can’t bring myself to buy another when the field has so many good upgrades. How are you liking it? Are the upgrades worth the price? My OP-1 + iPad combo has been my favorite setup so far.

I’ve never had an OP-1 so this is my first experience with it and i love it. It’s a bit of a price barrier to overcome but I’m happy with my purchase. It’s a great addition to my collection of instruments since I’ve been collecting the ones i feel help me to play and record the way i want to.

• @echoopera said:

@HotStrange said:

@echoopera said:

I’ve never had an OP-1 so this is my first experience with it and i love it. It’s a bit of a price barrier to overcome but I’m happy with my purchase. It’s a great addition to my collection of instruments since I’ve been collecting the ones i feel help me to play and record the way i want to.

Thanks. I’m quite sure I’ll love it since the OG is my favorite piece of hardware ever (outside of the MS20 maybe). Where did you end up getting yours from? I’m hoping I can find a b-stock one in a few months.

• I have a new friend...

• There are some really beautiful creative spaces in this thread.
    I had given up on seriously making music on the iPad, I was just using it for effects and using a few apps as sound modules. But I got the TX-6 and it's an excellent interface for the iPad, I'm re-energized. Hanging out in the sunny music room trying some new apps I got based on all your suggestions and having fun.

• edited July 2023

Night Shot! I like to play in the dark.
    I just moved into a larger house, so still sorting things out but I do have a room for studio space now 🙌🏽

My current setup is “DAWless”:
    • MPC One is the brain
    • M-Audio Air 192 | 4 is the audio interface
    • Kali LP6s are the monitors
    • Arturia KeyStep 37 is the controller
    • Korg Minilogue XD module is the synth

I can swap out the MPC One for my iPad Pro or MacBook Pro either as the brain or utilize any of the three as a sound source for the other.

I want to develop a proper desk/shelving setup that allows me to have all my hardware (microphones, synths, pedals and various MIDI/MPE controllers) connected to my future, Tascam Model 12, and quickly make stuff without any fiddling with cables etc. 🙏🏻

2nd photo: my shelves of gear
    3rd photo: Launchkey 37