Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Electribe Wave

Comments

• @wim said:

@greengrocer said:
    I own quite a lot of apps from Korg Gadget to iElectribe and also GrooveRider. Can anyone convince me why I should buy this. Most threads on AB are continious full of enthousiasts creating a hype fr a few days. But hardly anyone puts questionmarks why you should buy the latest audioapp?

How can anyone do that without the foggiest clue about your needs, preferences, type of music you make, type of workflow you like, etc. etc. etc? And, why would they? (Sorry, not trying to be rude here...). Trying to sell people on something that they might not end up appreciating doesn’t help you or them. Besides, it’s five bucks. Do you ask the customers hanging around at Starbucks to convince you to buy a mocha chai latte?

Sorry again ... this all sounds snarky. I don’t mean it that way really. It just seems like a kind of pointless question to ask. There’s six pages of data already, including two videos to go on. I can’t think of any direct feedback to you personally that would be meaningful unless you have some close acquaintances here that know a lot more about you than I expect.

I’m dithering on this one because I’m totally happy with GrooveRider. That’ll last another hour or so until I feel like I’m being stupid, and then I’ll spend the $5. Not gonna beat myself up if I don’t end up using it though... B)

Get your point, but it isn't 5 dollars but 20. Which makes a purchase decision a lot more difficult. $5 would probably a no brainer ;)

• @[Deleted User] said:

@R_2 said:
    Korg specs say the drum parts are 8 notes polyphonic. But 5A/B and 6A/B share mute groups. Doesn’t that make it 6 notes? B)

One voice per drum part, 8 drum parts so 8 voices 🙂

I don’t have Wave yet. But don’t 5A/B (and 6A/B) mute each other?
    That would mean it can only play six drum sounds simultaneously.

• @R_2 said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@R_2 said:
    Korg specs say the drum parts are 8 notes polyphonic. But 5A/B and 6A/B share mute groups. Doesn’t that make it 6 notes? B)

There are 8 drum parts and 8 drum mixer channels so you can have 8 drum sounds running at the same time 🙂

• edited August 2018

@JohnnyGoodyear said:
    I like it a lot. BUT I need to bring in my own cheesy vocals.

Yeah, if it’s a self-contained unit type of thing then importing your own sounds should be covered. Did you buy it?

@AudioGus said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I thought this was an easy pass for me, until it started getting weird at 1:30 and piqued my brains. Be interested to hear what the forum thinks of it...

Playing with it this morning I thought it was totally Monzo. Certainly can make weird and twisted and not just of the brostep variety. I think it has major legs.

Weird and twisted are my two middle names. I’ll keep an eye or three on this one. Saying that I’ve got Grooverider and iSpark and don’t get on with either, so a bit wary of the groovebox thing.

Plus, £20...

• @mAxjUlien said:
    Just for dance/trancers @AudioGus ? I love what it looks like it does but the sounds keeping me on the bench. Hip Hop, Trap Hop, Soul Hop, Funk Hop...basically can this do ...Hop?

Or is it just for wierd, bouncy or ....Step?

Pretty darn sure it can be applied to hoppy needs, particularly the glitchhop / synthy end. For me it is all fed into BM3 though. Don't think I will ever push it too far as a 'make tune here now' thing but you never know.

• R_2R_2
    edited August 2018

@[Deleted User] said:

@R_2 said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@R_2 said:

There are 8 drum parts and 8 drum mixer channels so you can have 8 drum sounds running at the same time 🙂

You’re ingnoring the mute group element.
    Sure you can assign 8 drum parts in a pattern. But that doesn’t make the max polyphony 8. Not a big deal, but weird that Korg spec it like that.

@MonzoPro said:
    Yeah, if it’s a self-contained unit type of thing then importing your own sounds should be covered.

+1 Especially for drums.

• @greengrocer said:
    I own quite a lot of apps from Korg Gadget to iElectribe and also GrooveRider. Can anyone convince me why I should buy this. Most threads on AB are continious full of enthousiasts creating a hype fr a few days. But hardly anyone puts questionmarks why you should buy the latest audioapp?

I have been wanting an update of iElectribe with a smoother, beefier, less grainy sound and while GR has some nice audio rendering this one has the tappy smudge quick finger magic factor of the icha> @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

Yeah, if it’s a self-contained unit type of thing then importing your own sounds should be covered. Did you buy it?

@AudioGus said:

@MonzoPro said:
    I thought this was an easy pass for me, until it started getting weird at 1:30 and piqued my brains. Be interested to hear what the forum thinks of it...

Playing with it this morning I thought it was totally Monzo. Certainly can make weird and twisted and not just of the brostep variety. I think it has major legs.

Weird and twisted are my two middle names. I’ll keep an eye or three on this one. Saying that I’ve got Grooverider and iSpark and don’t get on with either, so a bit wary of the groovebox thing.

Plus, £20...

Yah, Grooverider and iSpark never did it for me. They kind of came close a few times given some of the parameters at play but did not hold up to quick spontaneous dives and lacked the same sort of serendipitous flow i got out of the original iElectribe. I loved the organic, twisty dynamics and stream of consciousness of iElectribe but the sounds lacked in terms of mixing it with much else (so grainy) or pushing it thematically. I bought this one purely based on the fun I had with iElectribe and figuring that sound fidelity wise it must be up around, if not beyond, the last few gadgets (Lisbon, Montpelier etc) and to my ears and hearts does not disappoint. I actually would have been more weary had this just been a new Gadget. Yah, I do think in your hands amazing things would manifest. Again, I do not know about commanding all tracks banging at once, trying to make a cohesive tune in the box but as an instrument capable of leading and/or inspiring cool new arrangements, yup, I totally see it. I would kick myself had I not got it at the intro price. (Sufficient pressure?)

• @AudioGus said:

@mAxjUlien said:
    Just for dance/trancers @AudioGus ? I love what it looks like it does but the sounds keeping me on the bench. Hip Hop, Trap Hop, Soul Hop, Funk Hop...basically can this do ...Hop?

Pretty darn sure it can be applied to hoppy needs, particularly the glitchhop / synthy end. For me it is all fed into BM3 though. Don't think I will ever push it too far as a 'make tune here now' thing but you never know.

When you mean fed into BM3 do you mean just the stereo output from EW? I cannot find multiple audio outs from EW like say patterning 2.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @AudioGus we need a video to make the case. Can you share something you fed into BM3? Especially interested in the weird automating stuff and kaoss pad.

• wimwim
    edited August 2018

@ExAsperis99 said:

@wim said:

@greengrocer said:

How can anyone do that without the foggiest clue about your needs, preferences, type of music you make, type of workflow you like, etc. etc. etc? And, why would they? (Sorry, not trying to be rude here...). Trying to sell people on something that they might not end up appreciating doesn’t help you or them. Besides, it’s five bucks. Do you ask the customers hanging around at Starbucks to convince you to buy a mocha chai latte?

Sorry again ... this all sounds snarky. I don’t mean it that way really. It just seems like a kind of pointless question to ask. There’s six pages of data already, including two videos to go on. I can’t think of any direct feedback to you personally that would be meaningful unless you have some close acquaintances here that know a lot more about you than I expect.

I’m dithering on this one because I’m totally happy with GrooveRider. That’ll last another hour or so until I feel like I’m being stupid, and then I’ll spend the $5. Not gonna beat myself up if I don’t end up using it though... B)

Would it change your perspective if I told you it was not $5 but $20?

Yeh ... a little, but mostly it would make me shake my head in wonder at how my brain function is deteriorating. Got confused between this one and the RE-1 thread. :#

Don’t mind me. Sleep deprivation + age. I’m gonna go yell and shake my cane at some kids on my lawn now.

• @AudioGus said:

@greengrocer said:

I have been wanting an update of iElectribe with a smoother, beefier, less grainy sound and while GR has some nice audio rendering this one has the tappy smudge quick finger magic factor of the icha> @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

@MonzoPro said:

Plus, £20...

Yah, Grooverider and iSpark never did it for me. They kind of came close a few times given some of the parameters at play but did not hold up to quick spontaneous dives and lacked the same sort of serendipitous flow i got out of the original iElectribe. I loved the organic, twisty dynamics and stream of consciousness of iElectribe but the sounds lacked in terms of mixing it with much else (so grainy) or pushing it thematically. I bought this one purely based on the fun I had with iElectribe and figuring that sound fidelity wise it must be up around, if not beyond, the last few gadgets (Lisbon, Montpelier etc) and to my ears and hearts does not disappoint. I actually would have been more weary had this just been a new Gadget. Yah, I do think in your hands amazing things would manifest. Again, I do not know about commanding all tracks banging at once, trying to make a cohesive tune in the box but as an instrument capable of leading and/or inspiring cool new arrangements, yup, I totally see it. I would kick myself had I not got it at the intro price. (Sufficient pressure?)

Just watched Doug’s vid and it looks a lot more straightforward and fun to use than GR and iSpark.

• @greengrocer said:

@wim said:

@greengrocer said:

Get your point, but it isn't 5 dollars but 20. Which makes a purchase decision a lot more difficult. $5 would probably a no brainer ;)

Yeh, got addlepated a bit there.

But still, how can anyone sell you on something not knowing anything about your tastes? You might get further if you asked some more specific questions based on what it seems to you by now that might interest you in buying it. If you can’t think of any such questions by this time in the thread (assuming you read it), then your question is already answered. Save your $20. ;)

• @MonzoPro said:

@AudioGus said:

?)

Just watched Doug’s vid and it looks a lot more straightforward and fun to use than GR and iSpark.

It’s quick intuitive and fun. If it had sample import it be killer.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@AudioGus said:

@mAxjUlien said:

When you mean fed into BM3 do you mean just the stereo output from EW? I cannot find multiple audio outs from EW like say patterning 2.

yah I just host it in BM3 for recording. I will sketch in EW with a couple sounds at once but then just record one at a time into BM3. I have yet to engage in song mode and am just doing quick live jams to find neat grooves/timbre. I like having a couple minutes of variety of realtime manipulated loops to chop up in BM3.

• @AudioGus said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@AudioGus said:

@mAxjUlien said:

yah I just host it in BM3 for recording. I will sketch in EW with a couple sounds at once but then just record one at a time into BM3. I have yet to engage in song mode and am just doing quick live jams to find neat grooves/timbre. I like having a couple minutes of variety of realtime manipulated loops to chop up in BM3.

Yep seems like the best way to do it without more outs.

• wimwim
    edited August 2018

It just bugs me to no end that there’s no sample import. Does anyone know if it’s planned? If not I’m not gonna bother, and will just stick with GR-16.

• @MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

@MonzoPro said:

Plus, £20...

I couldn’t get going the way I hoped with iSpark or Grooverider either- this is different though. For me it’s more of a case of trying to contain it somehow as opposed to trying to coax it. You are making crazy sounds one second then mellow sounds the next with very little effort- you don’t know how you got there- you don’t want to go back..... you don’t know where you are going next but you are compelled to keep going. You are discovering a rich pallete of sounds in rapid time to enjoy and choose from- all easily sequenced with automation options wherever you look along with effects..... and all the rest of it.
    I would say that it is definitely worth the £20 from the point of view that if all my many apps were wiped out tomorrow- this would be one of the first I would be looking to buy again in the first instance.

• @wim said:
    It just bugs me to no end that there’s no sample import. Does anyone know if it’s planned? If not I’m not gonna bother, and will just stick with GR-16.

Looks like we will be talking about sample import for some time. Who knows if Korg will add it in some form or another. If it does come it will happen out of the blue just like this app did. Tough love.

• Korg lost me at “state of the art dance music”

• @wim said:

This is the crux. I find GR16 to be a little bit unfriendly, and I'd happily sell it out (oh, blasphemy!) for an app that did basically the same thing but was more fun to use. But without sample import, it's not interesting to me.

The downside is that Korg almost never responds to requests or announces its intentions, so I'd say there's no way we'll learn about sample import until it happens. Or doesn't.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@wim said:

Looks like we will be talking about sample import for some time. Who knows if Korg will add it in some form or another. If it does come it will happen out of the blue just like this app did. Tough love.

True. Korg sure plays their cards close to their chest. Which I respect I guess.

But damn. It really frustrates me if they have intentionally closed the box like that. I guess I’m hoping to hear differently as much to not resent Korg as for any other reason.

• @ExAsperis99 said:

@wim said:

This is the crux. I find GR16 to be a little bit unfriendly, and I'd happily sell it out (oh, blasphemy!) for an app that did basically the same thing but was more fun to use. But without sample import, it's not interesting to me.

The downside is that Korg almost never responds to requests or announces its intentions, so I'd say there's no way we'll learn about sample import until it happens. Or doesn't.

Fortunately they do tend to have sales frequently, so the “I need to pick this up now or I’m throwing away a deal” factor is a lot less. Sitting this one out.

Yeh right. Like I really believe that.

• edited August 2018

@robosardine said:

@MonzoPro said:

@JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AudioGus said:

@MonzoPro said:

Plus, £20...

I couldn’t get going the way I hoped with iSpark or Grooverider either- this is different though. For me it’s more of a case of trying to contain it somehow as opposed to trying to coax it. You are making crazy sounds one second then mellow sounds the next with very little effort- you don’t know how you got there- you don’t want to go back..... you don’t know where you are going next but you are compelled to keep going. You are discovering a rich pallete of sounds in rapid time to enjoy and choose from- all easily sequenced with automation options wherever you look along with effects..... and all the rest of it.

Hah! Nailed it. I was drafting a post along the same lines but tripping my way through it.

• I think Korg did a really good job of taking the Electribe concept to a new level with Wave, it still has that Electribe vibe but it’s a lot easier to use than the Electribe 2 was for me. Sample import would be nice for sure, but there’s still a lot of potential ther for a wide range of styles of music. My only wish really was a way to reset a parameter to default, double tap or something. Oh, and I REALLY want this for iPhone too.

• @Tarekith said:
    I think Korg did a really good job of taking the Electribe concept to a new level with Wave, it still has that Electribe vibe but it’s a lot easier to use than the Electribe 2 was for me. Sample import would be nice for sure, but there’s still a lot of potential ther for a wide range of styles of music. My only wish really was a way to reset a parameter to default, double tap or something. Oh, and I REALLY want this for iPhone too.

Why don’t Korg embrace double tap? It like the best solution to practically everything! Im serious here too.

• @mAxjUlien said:
    This thing is a beast for Hip Hop btw. Any non classical genre that doesn’t require acoustic instruments can get jiggy with this.

Happily spent a dub and instantly feel it is as or more valuable as my Novation Circuit considering Circuit cost several times more used and isn’t nearly as flexible and this is a launch version.

A dub for this is laughable. Glad tribute to Korg for their commitment to iOS and btw this shit is easily pushing blocswave and groovebox off my iPad. I have all of the sounds imported into Bm3 already anyway.

This is high praise, but after watching Doug's excellent introduction video, I'm struck with this thought: Never mind GR16. If you have Gadget, why would you need this?

• Well, finally had a chance to play with it a bit...and while it's not 100% understood, I did enjoy the process of building this up and hearing it come thru the headphones.

Will continue to push on it to see how it fits into my workflow. This looks like a great little app and I hope it grows and evolve as nicely as Gadget has over the years.

Anyhoo...less talk...more playing :)