Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Electribe Wave

Comments

• @Dawdles said:

@AnimalHeadSpirit said:

@Samu said:
    Files.app support for Gadget should not be far away now that this new one got it?

Will we get a ’Gadget’ for it?

As far as I know this is Korgs first entry into ’Wavetable’ territory, not even the Kronos has this!

No doubt some day we’lo get a fully featured ’Sampler’ too.
    Maybe a ’lite’ version of the HD-1 engine with wave-sequences and vector synthesis hehe...

Need to go get me some store credits but this looks like fun :D

I doubt it'll ever be "gadgetized" unless they stripped 75% of the functionality and just integrated the sound engine part of it. Too many redundant parts imo. Judging from their history with iDS-10, iMS-20, and the other standalone groovebox/sequencers, a gadget version doesn't seem all that likely.

I'm incredibly happy with it as it is though, and with ableton link, it has a lot of potential if used in conjunction with other apps or even by itself. I've never been a huge fan of Korg UI design, but they've improved a lot since their early iOS days. Everything from automation control, to sequencing workflow is spot on IMO.

Would be nice if they open it up, & let you import wavetables in the future ...or better yet, create a sampler for it -- would easily be worth $10 as an IAP upgrade. But honestly, it's got an enormous amount of sound design potential as-is, with the 70 include wavetables + 70 PCM samples + healthy number of drum samples.

My only other feature request would be to allow for more than one individual effect per sound. It includes nearly the same number of effects as gadget has, though they don't have as many tweakable parameters. You can use 1 effect per sound, in addition to the global effect which you can enable or disable per each sound channel.

Can you save/load user sound patches?
    Can you delete factory patterns?
    Thanks

Yes yes your welcome

• @TheVimFuego said:

@anickt said:

@zpxlng said:

@R_2 said:

This is definitely worth watching for anyone prone to impulse buying.

Sorry but it took an awful long time to not say much and didn’t show me any deal breakers. Glass half empty outlook that seems to be more and more common whenever a new app comes around.

I like that, I rather people gave me some critical thinking and valid workflow concerns as opposed to gushing first impressions. Especially when it’s a bit more than a $5 punt.

For my $ based on the evidence I’ll stick with the superlative GR-16.

There’s a difference, though, between critical and constructive thinking, and constant whining about perceived missing features. Sometimes the negativity here is overwhelming. I imagine many developers avoid this place for that very reason.

Anyway, rant over. I quite like it.

• edited August 2018

@Dawdles said:
    Change sample/patch per step? Any cool performace stuff like ‘jump’ on gr16? Is ‘everything’ available as mod destinations?

Sorry for all the questions! Just trying to get a grip on this from afar...The workflow looks really good but with Drambo on horizon I’m just trying to figure out what the limitations are on this before I grab or dismiss it...

A lot can be automated. No jump sample change. Something called Motion which is % step automation of one item % pattern (e.g. Volume or filter or wherever other modulation parameters are on menu) there’s an interesting step sequencer (not a piano roll) with four note polyphony. Things can be copied over bars using a mini gadget looking arranger.

It’s got a wicked ass kaos pad, the gadget keyboard and a configurable bank of chord buttons a nice wide mixer screen, and a lot of the controls are midi mappable. It’s everything Gadget lacked in terms of UI.

Everything will be shown in detail on my channel... this is what I’ve been nagging developers about for years a live performance tool for the touchscreen :p

Kudos to Groovrider too, for stuff like Hiphop and Breaks you’re going to get more out of that. This one has a trance techno vibe to it because of the synth whereas in Grooverider you can mangle samples and glitch out the patterns with Trig Conditions which will also be showcased on my channel in future videos also

• @Beathoven said:

@TheVimFuego said:

@anickt said:

@zpxlng said:

@R_2 said:

Sorry but it took an awful long time to not say much and didn’t show me any deal breakers. Glass half empty outlook that seems to be more and more common whenever a new app comes around.

I like that, I rather people gave me some critical thinking and valid workflow concerns as opposed to gushing first impressions. Especially when it’s a bit more than a $5 punt.

There’s a difference, though, between critical and constructive thinking, and constant whining about perceived missing features. Sometimes the negativity here is overwhelming. I imagine many developers avoid this place for that very reason.

I dunno, I see less whining here than most public forums (fori?), it’s part of the reason I like it. I’d imagine it’s a relatively dev friendly place as long as you’re a dev that can filter enthusiastic feature requests.

Glad you like it, enjoy. :)

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @gusgranite said:
    Different design for Korg, less skeuo, flatter and more modern. Looks cool.

@AnimalHeadSpirit said:

@Samu said:
    Files.app support for Gadget should not be far away now that this new one got it?

Will we get a ’Gadget’ for it?

As far as I know this is Korgs first entry into ’Wavetable’ territory, not even the Kronos has this!

No doubt some day we’lo get a fully featured ’Sampler’ too.
    Maybe a ’lite’ version of the HD-1 engine with wave-sequences and vector synthesis hehe...

Need to go get me some store credits but this looks like fun :D

I doubt it'll ever be "gadgetized" unless they stripped 75% of the functionality and just integrated the sound engine part of it. Too many redundant parts imo. Judging from their history with iDS-10, iMS-20, and the other standalone groovebox/sequencers, a gadget version doesn't seem all that likely.

I'm incredibly happy with it as it is though, and with ableton link, it has a lot of potential if used in conjunction with other apps or even by itself. I've never been a huge fan of Korg UI design, but they've improved a lot since their early iOS days. Everything from automation control, to sequencing workflow is spot on IMO.

Would be nice if they open it up, & let you import wavetables in the future ...or better yet, create a sampler for it -- would easily be worth $10 as an IAP upgrade. But honestly, it's got an enormous amount of sound design potential as-is, with the 70 included wavetables + 70 PCM samples + healthy number of drum samples.

My only other feature request would be to allow for more than one individual effect per sound. It includes nearly the same number of effects as gadget has, though they don't have as many tweakable parameters. You can use 1 effect per sound, in addition to the global effect which you can enable or disable per each sound channel.

There are two modulation parameters, a filter, an IFX and MFX. It’s almost identical to Grooverider’s synth.

• Does this have iKaossilator style note replace recording?

• @Dawdles said:

@Beathoven said:

@TheVimFuego said:

@anickt said:

@zpxlng said:

@R_2 said:

I have so many apps that I only ever opened like 10 times.. Wish i’d been more critical pre-purchase on a lot of them and made sure there were no nasty surprises.

This new Korg tribe isn’t crazy cheap so gotta ask questions ;) Yeah it’s still not a ton of money, but £20 will buy me the new mutable modules on VCV a week earlier than I’d planned.. Gotta weigh stuff up and see what adds the most worth/general workflow improvements vs ‘can I already do most of this with what I have with smoother overall intergration and less limitations’....

If I had more spare time to learn and utilise new software I’d probably be less nit picky, but time and patience are less abundant these days ;)

For what you get it is crazy cheap. It’s 1998 all over again.

• Regarding “no metronome”. The 4/4 kick with a synth beep on 1 is your metronome. :|

• I'd rather prefer a few additional bread-and-butter wavetable waveforms for the oscillator in Groove Rider. Edit knob 1 could scan through the wavetable and edit 2 could add some tasty waveshaping (by scanning through another wavetable, specific to distortion) to the OSC output.
    The modulator can already target at "EDIT1" so there'd be nothing else to add IMHO.
    A small improvement with a huge effect, and we can continue to use our own samples and stay in proper sync :)

• There is a lot of good stuff in this app so I'm glad i bought it.

The kaoss style pad is awesome and feels great as does the whole app.
    You can make like 35 parameter changes to each part!
    The wave table samples sound different from my usual stuff (in a good way) and plenty of tweaking can be done
    Loads of effects
    The samples are fun and have that over produced feel which is true to what Electribe is.

However it could be improved by some additions -

Audio wave import at 24 bit (assume the app is running at 24 bit internal processing)
    Midi out
    Export Audio wave at 24 bit
    Multiple audio out ports when running via a host

I hope this is not seen as negative just hopeful for future updates.

• @Dawdles said:

@[Deleted User] said:
    There is a lot of good stuff in this app so I'm glad i bought it.

The wave table samples sound different from my usual stuff (in a good way) and plenty of tweaking can be done
    Loads of effects
    The samples are fun and have that over produced feel which is true to what Electribe is.

Audio wave import at 24 bit (assume the app is running at 24 bit internal processing)
    Midi out

Can you assign multiple params simultaneously to the XY?

Are insert/master fx params available as mod destinations and in motion sequencing?

Anyone got a link to the manual?

Thanks

I posted the link somewhere in the thread.

• The Kaoss pad jammy jam into BM3 is a pure slice of heaven I have yet to experience on iOS. Zero hyperbole.

• @Dawdles said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Loads of effects

Midi out

Are insert/master fx params available as mod destinations and in motion sequencing?

Thanks

You can pretty much motion sequence most parameters including IFX and MFX. Cool also these can be drawn in and edited (per step). Nice.

• @Trueyorky said:

@Dawdles said:

@[Deleted User] said:

Loads of effects

Midi out

Thanks

You can pretty much motion sequence most parameters including IFX and MFX. Cool also these can be drawn in and edited (per step). Nice.

Also, patterns can be upto 8 bars whilst most grooveboxes are limited to 4.

• @AudioGus said:
    The Kaoss pad jammy jam into BM3 is a pure slice of heaven I have yet to experience on iOS. Zero hyperbole.

What I like is the XY hold feature which seems like you can set say filter - hold, move to osc - hold etc., and save with those settings. Cool.

• I’m not buying it because Korg, fix and update your other stuff

• I appreciate anyone taking the time to make a video- hyping or critical- it’s an open forum and it’s all fair game to me. I have found them all helpful- the more the merrier.
    One thing I don’t get is the one shot vocal hits- who is going to use them whilst retaining credibility😱? Either leave them off or allow sample import.
    And yes it does seem geared up for IAP’s- so get your £14.99’s ready.

• @robosardine said:
    I appreciate anyone taking the time to make a video- hyping or critical- it’s an open forum and it’s all fair game to me. I have found them all helpful- the more the merrier.
    One thing I don’t get is the one shot vocal hits- who is going to use them whilst retaining credibility😱? Either leave them off or allow sample import.

Hehe, something tells me vocal shots in general (without sample import) are simply to satiate a marketing department check box and get them off the designers backs. ;)

• @robosardine said:
    I appreciate anyone taking the time to make a video- hyping or critical- it’s an open forum and it’s all fair game to me. I have found them all helpful- the more the merrier.

The only sort of IAP I would totally consider is a sampler... maybe FX extension? But yah, no need for patches or patterns as it is super easy to use in that department.

• edited August 2018

This or Quantum? Or too different to make that decision?

• It is going to be a long week waiting for payday :(

• Official

• Gadget could really use the improved 'Chord Pads' from Electribe Wave.
    I mean it's super easy to create & save custom chord-sets with either single notes or chords.
    (Just select a 'step' in the pattern and tap 'assign 1-8').

Can't wait to see those things that had to be postponed prior to release get implemented.

Oh and, It would be nice to be able to 'insert' a chord using the chord buttons on a step instead of having to tap in all the notes?! Live recording works though...

• The "twenty dollar question" is: can you get things from this that you couldn't otherwise? A: Definitely.

Based on even brief listens of the demos do you hear the Nature of sound / UI that you like and want?

As someone who's a fan of the whole Electribe tree this branch is a buy-on-sight for me. Loving it.

• @kinkujin said:
    This or Quantum? Or too different to make that decision?

btw - I meant as in groovebox functionality, loop creation, song creation. I know Quantum has no sound capabilities.

• @db909 said:
    Does this have iKaossilator style note replace recording?

Indeed it does. There is a mono setting on it which means that the notes you enter override any previous ones recorded..... 😺

• Props to Korg for making the manual in landscape mode too, makes it a lot easier flipping back and forth with the app.

Hope they do an iPhone version one day, really enjoying this app so far.