Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Electribe Wave

Comments

• @echoopera you're doing better marketing (for this wizened crowd) than Korg could ever consider :)

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @echoopera you're doing better marketing (for this wizened crowd) than Korg could ever consider :)

Hahah. Thanks mate. My granPappy always said that, “...in life it helps to sometimes be a part of the herd who likes to be heard...provided anyone is lissenin’...”

• Read that Skippy from the Plugin Guru site proved some of the wave tables presets from Serum.

• The @echoopera track is crazy, so rich-sounding, beautiful. I’d been enjoying the nasty thin sounding preset demos and thinking this might be first big music app I resist buying.

Failed again.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:
    @echoopera you're doing better marketing (for this wizened crowd) than Korg could ever consider :)

This is absolutely the case. I was doing an easy pass on this app until I heard this track...

• Showing KEW with friends

• edited August 2018

I took the plunge. Hey Linn samples! Major bonus

Now to figure out how to work this thing. Seems unintuituve

• edited August 2018

@echoopera said:
    Ok. Getting a little bit more familiar with the instrument and workflow on this track

Korg told me with his own promo-video, you don't need this app! There's no way I'm spending 22.-€ for this EDM-App. This is not my music/app!

Your two tracks signaled to me that it might be worthwhile to take a closer look at Electribe Wave. May I will give it a chance...

Thanks a lot for your two very nice music tracks @echoopera! Very nicely done! 🎶👍

• @chandroji said:

@echoopera said:
    Ok. Getting a little bit more familiar with the instrument and workflow on this track

Korg told me with his own promo-video, you don't need this app! There's no way I'm spending 22.-€ for this EDM-App. This is not my music/app!

Your two tracks signaled to me that it might be worthwhile to take a closer look at Electribe Wave. May I will give it a chance...

Thanks a lot for your two very nice music tracks @echoopera! Very nicely done! 🎶👍

A great many thanks sir. Just trying to make lemon aid from limes as they say. Or is it from pomegranates...i never remember :p

• I'm pretty meh on Korg in general, hardware and software, bar the Odyssey/iOdyssey app. Do not like Gadget at all. I don't make the type of dance/electronic music that this is catered toward (as if that was ever important in making use of a noise-maker). All that is no matter, though, I really like this app and its constraints.

• @[Deleted User] said:

@R_2 said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@R_2 said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@R_2 said:
    Korg specs say the drum parts are 8 notes polyphonic. But 5A/B and 6A/B share mute groups. Doesn’t that make it 6 notes? B)

One voice per drum part, 8 drum parts so 8 voices 🙂

I don’t have Wave yet. But don’t 5A/B (and 6A/B) mute each other?
    That would mean it can only play six drum sounds simultaneously.

There are 8 drum parts and 8 drum mixer channels so you can have 8 drum sounds running at the same time 🙂

You’re ingnoring the mute group element.
    Sure you can assign 8 drum parts in a pattern. But that doesn’t make the max polyphony 8. Not a big deal, but weird that Korg spec it like that.

Yep im not sure what you mean, it has a voice per drum part? Sorry.

The term “8 notes drum polyphony” implies that 8 drum sounds can sounds simultaneously. But when 5A mutes 5B and 6A mutes 6B it effectively becomes 6 voice polyphony.

• i wonder if this thread will surpass the grooverider one. :|

• edited August 2018

@R_2 said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@R_2 said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@R_2 said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@R_2 said:
    Korg specs say the drum parts are 8 notes polyphonic. But 5A/B and 6A/B share mute groups. Doesn’t that make it 6 notes? B)

One voice per drum part, 8 drum parts so 8 voices 🙂

I don’t have Wave yet. But don’t 5A/B (and 6A/B) mute each other?
    That would mean it can only play six drum sounds simultaneously.

There are 8 drum parts and 8 drum mixer channels so you can have 8 drum sounds running at the same time 🙂

You’re ingnoring the mute group element.
    Sure you can assign 8 drum parts in a pattern. But that doesn’t make the max polyphony 8. Not a big deal, but weird that Korg spec it like that.

Yep im not sure what you mean, it has a voice per drum part? Sorry.

The term “8 notes drum polyphony” implies that 8 drum sounds can sounds simultaneously. But when 5A mutes 5B and 6A mutes 6B it effectively becomes 6 voice polyphony.

I don't see any muting going on, all 8 drum parts can play at the same time if you want? That what I see, maybe I'm wrong. Can anyone else confirm?

• 5AB and 6AB are supposed to automatically choke each other according to the manual, I have to test this to make sure it's working correctly though. That would be consistant with how all the electribes are though.

• Ok choked if two voices play at the same step. I see so in that case yes six voices then.

• @Suboidua said:
    i wonder if this thread will surpass the grooverider one. :|

Guess it won't :smiley:
    The Grooverider one has the dev participating. We won't see that in this one :lol:

• @senhorlampada said:

@Suboidua said:
    i wonder if this thread will surpass the grooverider one. :|

Guess it won't :smiley:
    The Grooverider one has the dev participating. We won't see that in this one :lol:

"i wonder if this thread will surpass the grooverider one."

LOL LOL LOL Nope!!!!

Now if someone from Korg were to be on here and answer all of our questions and even tell us how our concerns will be addressed in consistent "FAT" updates (cos' that's what @jimpavloff did all the time) then this thread would "Obliterate" the GrooveRider one, because of the expectations connected to the Korg brand. I don't really see that happening. Like every developer I have ever encountered here, Jim ROCKED the forums, which in turn made his app strong and popular.

• @echoopera said:

@chandroji said:

@echoopera said:

A great many thanks sir. Just trying to make lemon aid from limes as they say. Or is it from pomegranates...i never remember :p

Hope KORG supports KEW where we can purchase ‘packs’ from talented people like you ... Sort-of a ‘Blocks Waves’ thing, only better.. The potential seems endless (with Scale/Key transpose) in how one can ‘sculpt’ sounds..

• edited August 2018

@SMKArtist said:
    Like every developer I have ever encountered here, Jim ROCKED the forums, which in turn made his app strong and popular.

So true!

• @senhorlampada said:

@SMKArtist said:
    Like every developer I have ever encountered here, Jim ROCKED the forums, which in turn made his app strong and popular.

So true!

Absolutely- who could disagree?

• @Mark B said:

@Max23 said:

@echoopera said:
    Well, finally had a chance to play with it a bit...and while it's not 100% understood, I did enjoy the process of building this up and hearing it come thru the headphones.

Will continue to push on it to see how it fits into my workflow. This looks like a great little app and I hope it grows and evolve as nicely as Gadget has over the years.

Anyhoo...less talk...more playing :)

where are these clicks coming from?
    sounds like there is no intelligent voice stealing

Yes, the envelopes are restarting without ramping down the last voice. I hope they fix this as you can create some nice ambient pad sounds. Very good sounding synth in this.

Are you still having this issue? Seems to be ok with me now 🙂

• @[Deleted User] said:

@Mark B said:

@Max23 said:

@echoopera said:
    Well, finally had a chance to play with it a bit...and while it's not 100% understood, I did enjoy the process of building this up and hearing it come thru the headphones.

Will continue to push on it to see how it fits into my workflow. This looks like a great little app and I hope it grows and evolve as nicely as Gadget has over the years.

Yes, the envelopes are restarting without ramping down the last voice. I hope they fix this as you can create some nice ambient pad sounds. Very good sounding synth in this.

That’s strange. It’s still happening with mine ( version 1.0.1)

• edited August 2018

@Mark B said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Mark B said:

@Max23 said:

@echoopera said:

That’s strange. It’s still happening with mine ( version 1.0.1)

Ah sorry I still get it 🙁 I was playing higher octaves so less noticeable but in the mids to low it is popping. Some great sounds coming out of it though. Fingers cross Korg will solve the voice stealing.

• I don't know if anybody's posted this already, but 42 of the 70 wavetables for this were created by John "Skippy" Lehmkuhl (aka The Plugin Guru) for his Serum Libraries. He has been creating sounds for Korg since he did the drum card for the M1. Many of the patches on the iOS Korg synths were done by John (who is an acquaintance of mine).

If you don't know John, he sells a lot of patches on his site and does free YouTube videos to help people learn about programming.

• edited August 2018

@Reid said:
    I don't know if anybody's posted this already, but 42 of the 70 wavetables for this were created by John "Skippy" Lehmkuhl (aka The Plugin Guru) for his Serum Libraries. He has been creating sounds for Korg since he did the drum card for the M1. Many of the patches on the iOS Korg synths were done by John (who is an acquaintance of mine).

If you don't know John, he sells a lot of patches on his site and does free YouTube videos to help people learn about programming.

>

Awesome! I love the sounds he has made!

• Can someone share more info about the motion sequencer please? What is it actually doing? Jumping a playhead (for want of a better word) across the wave in a sequence?

• As far as i can tell it is allowing you to modulate any parameter over the sequence length. I haven’t tested it on more than one parameter yet. It’s like the Gadget modulation view in my opinion.

• @gusgranite said:
    Can someone share more info about the motion sequencer please? What is it actually doing? Jumping a playhead (for want of a better word) across the wave in a sequence?

Motion sequencing is just their term for recording knob movements in real time, basic automation really. You have two flavors, smooth which records exactly what you do, and a quantized mode that changes the automation in a stepped fashion per step.

• @Tarekith said:

@gusgranite said:
    Can someone share more info about the motion sequencer please? What is it actually doing? Jumping a playhead (for want of a better word) across the wave in a sequence?

Motion sequencing is just their term for recording knob movements in real time, basic automation really. You have two flavors, smooth which records exactly what you do, and a quantized mode that changes the automation in a stepped fashion per step.

They replaced the piano roll with an actual step sequencer too which means you can set precise changes. Best of all they can easily be activated or deactivated without changing the parameter so patterns or bars can be copied and variated more sensibly.

• There’s a lot of small stuff like that in KEW that makes it feel so much more thought out than the last Electribe hardware to me. Even how you delete motion sequences is so much easier in KEW.

Spent all day playing with this app, and I’m getting more and more impressed. It’s not perfect, like any Electribe there are things streamlined that maybe I wouldn’t have chosen personally. Knobs can be a bit fiddle for something geared towards live manipulation so much, and those pop ups telling you a pattern was copied successfully, or that you saved succcessfully are annoying and slow down the workflow.

But there’s a lot of depth there with how much you can modulate and animate things, and having 8 bars and the ability to loop your current bar for editing is sweet.