Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Electribe Wave

Comments

• Found my first bug! Have to say, aside from two crashes this has been super polished and pretty darn bug free. Now for the bug...

I have a pattern that is saved and when I load it none of the automation happens until I hit the already highlighted ‘smooth’ button in the top right corner. That is all.

• iofiof
    edited August 2018

This app is very intuitive and the sounds that could generate are inspiring (the synth part). But also has limitations, although the workflow is very good even for no EDM music. I’ve attached you two songs created 100% with KEW, while learning it :smiley:

• @AudioGus said:
    Found my first bug! Have to say, aside from two crashes this has been super polished and pretty darn bug free. Now for the bug...

I have a pattern that is saved and when I load it none of the automation happens until I hit the already highlighted ‘smooth’ button in the top right corner. That is all.

Worse for me. I updated to the latest version last night and lost my first bank of user patterns - bummer.

• Note repeat / Roll for drums...how do you turn that on? I cant seem to get "Roll" to work on the drums parts.

• @SMKArtist said:
    Note repeat / Roll for drums...how do you turn that on? I cant seem to get "Roll" to work on the drums parts.

Swipe up on the 'roll box' for values 1-4...

• Just a reminder for those that forgot, or new info for those that don't already know, the controls respond to the 'flick' gesture for fine incremental changes. :)

• edited August 2018

@Mark B said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Mark B said:

@Max23 said:

@echoopera said:
    Well, finally had a chance to play with it a bit...and while it's not 100% understood, I did enjoy the process of building this up and hearing it come thru the headphones.

Will continue to push on it to see how it fits into my workflow. This looks like a great little app and I hope it grows and evolve as nicely as Gadget has over the years.

Anyhoo...less talk...more playing :)

where are these clicks coming from?
    sounds like there is no intelligent voice stealing

Yes, the envelopes are restarting without ramping down the last voice. I hope they fix this as you can create some nice ambient pad sounds. Very good sounding synth in this.

Are you still having this issue? Seems to be ok with me now 🙂

That’s strange. It’s still happening with mine ( version 1.0.1)

Still got the clicking here too. It is worse when setting synth to MONO.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Mark B said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Mark B said:

@Max23 said:

@echoopera said:
    Well, finally had a chance to play with it a bit...and while it's not 100% understood, I did enjoy the process of building this up and hearing it come thru the headphones.

Will continue to push on it to see how it fits into my workflow. This looks like a great little app and I hope it grows and evolve as nicely as Gadget has over the years.

Yes, the envelopes are restarting without ramping down the last voice. I hope they fix this as you can create some nice ambient pad sounds. Very good sounding synth in this.

yep sorry false alarm, i still have clicking.

• Is the Kaoss pad useful for both note entry and applying effects?

• @oddSTAR said:
    Is the Kaoss pad useful for both note entry and applying effects?

Cannot see how to use the Kaoss for note entry...you can use it for FX and for controlling the ARP speed and gate, but cannot see how to use it for pitch.

• edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Tarekith said:
    There’s a lot of small stuff like that in KEW that makes it feel so much more thought out than the last Electribe hardware to me. Even how you delete motion sequences is so much easier in KEW.

Spent all day playing with this app, and I’m getting more and more impressed. It’s not perfect, like any Electribe there are things streamlined that maybe I wouldn’t have chosen personally. Knobs can be a bit fiddle for something geared towards live manipulation so much, and those pop ups telling you a pattern was copied successfully, or that you saved succcessfully are annoying and slow down the workflow.

But there’s a lot of depth there with how much you can modulate and animate things, and having 8 bars and the ability to loop your current bar for editing is sweet.

Good and fair summation. Agree on things like the popups. Shame there isn't a 'disable' choice/toggle somewhere. Might be the sort of thing that the big companies don't get to, but a small dev. could/would, who knows. But small complaints for what is an absorbing app.

• @AndyPlankton said:

@Mark B said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Mark B said:

@Max23 said:

@echoopera said:

I suspect the clicking is because there’s no built in limiter in the master channel, which is pretty concerning.

• @mAxjUlien said:
    Korg definitely cracked the iOS cheat code. This is great work. Looking forward to coming enhancements. Gadget and Electribe Series with native mini Bluetooth controllers. I would totally buy a _Nano_Electribe for this. Gotta look into a custom scene for my NKS.

Yeah there’s no pitch mode which kind of sucks but fortunately it doesn’t overlap the keyboard so you can use it with the keyboard or chord pads and control the arp type using the xy assignment

• In a very weak appaholic moment (one of many) I decided to hop over the fence completely and purchase. It's actually pretty cool and I can see myself using this, despite its fenced-in limitations - lack of user samples, no midi out. However, I really hate (yes, a strong word, but I am a man of strong emotions) the factory patterns and songs. For something described as "cutting edge", the factory stuff sounds incredibly behind the curve and laughably cliche.

To the point: Is there a quick way to delete these? Did a word search in the manual and didn't have much luck. I spent a couple of hours last night clearing bars of patterns and songs one by one - not a great use of my time. I would also like to know how to do this because I'm sure that I would like to delete my own pathetic efforts at some future date. There must be an easy way to do this, right?

• Just copy one of the blank user patterns over all the factory ones, first thing I do with any Electribe.

I get the clicks sometimes too, but I don’t think it’s a volume issue as I work with a lot of headroom on each track.

• edited August 2018

@LucidMusicInc said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Mark B said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Mark B said:

@Max23 said:

@echoopera said:

I suspect the clicking is because there’s no built in limiter in the master channel, which is pretty concerning.

I don't believe not having a built-in limiter if that is the case is the issue here, it sounds like voice stealing is a strong Candidate.

• @LucidMusicInc said:

@AndyPlankton said:

@Mark B said:

@[Deleted User] said:

@Mark B said:

@Max23 said:

@echoopera said:

I am pretty sure it is to do with envelopes, at least partly anyway. If I use poly, and turn the decay down the clicking stops, the clicking is there when the decay lasts beyond when the next note plays. If you use MONO then turning down the decay does not reduce the clicking.

• @Tarekith said:
    Just copy one of the blank user patterns over all the factory ones, first thing I do with any Electribe.

I get the clicks sometimes too, but I don’t think it’s a volume issue as I work with a lot of headroom on each track.

Thanks!

• Nope, i'm not going to read this thread anymore. Nope, the temptation is too strong to buy. Nope, no more ... reading ....... nope ......

• @kinkujin said:
    Nope, i'm not going to read this thread anymore. Nope, the temptation is too strong to buy. Nope, no more ... reading ....... nope ......

Me neither. Waiting to see what updates come.

• I’m pretty sure the manual says there’s a built in limiter in the master channel too, I’m guessing the boost knob there is the input gain.

• @SMKArtist said:

Like every developer I have ever encountered here, Jim ROCKED the forums, which in turn made his app strong and popular.

And yet here we are, having moved along to the next shiny thing that will suppla

@gusgranite said:

@kinkujin said:
    Nope, i'm not going to read this thread anymore. Nope, the temptation is too strong to buy. Nope, no more ... reading ....... nope ......

Me neither. Waiting to see what updates come.

Again, the sale lasts through September. We're never going to make it, man.

• edited August 2018

@kinkujin said:

Sound-wise, even more can be done with Gadget plus iWavestation (Milpitas).
    But I know it's not new and it does not trigger GAS :#

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @mAxjUlien said:
    It’s actually an excellent compliment to Gadget. Not really qualified to comment on how much more or less you can do sonically but I can tell you there’s no shortage in sounds you can create in KEW. Also, it’s a completely different, and in my view, much much more enjoyable creative workflow.

An enjoyable workflow is always good! :)

• @rs2000 said:

@kinkujin said:

I don't think you can, err, 'scrub wavetables' (for lack of a better term)? I never got it but it seemed more about jumping between wavs than exploring the sweet spots within them.

• @Tarekith said:
    I’m pretty sure the manual says there’s a built in limiter in the master channel too, I’m guessing the boost knob there is the input gain.

That’s kind of what I’m pointing st. In Gadget no matter how loud everything is nothing goes above what the master fader is set to so it never clips on the master channel unless you raise it above zero but in this one it’s very easy to get too loud. The envelopes could be fixed with compression also so the pint stands as far as I’m concerned.

• @AudioGus said:

@rs2000 said:

@kinkujin said:

I don't think you can, err, 'scrub wavetables' (for lack of a better term)? I never got it but it seemed more about jumping between wavs than exploring the sweet spots within them.

Indeed that's true, maye I'm too exotic to get any great feeling out of scrubbing EDM wavetables :D