Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Korg Electribe Wave

Comments

• @AnimalHeadSpirit said:

@robosardine said:
    I am wondering if it is Audiobus compatible?

Loads just fine in Audiobus 3 (shows up as "Korg Electribe Wave" in the list) ... Also tested it in AUM and Apematrix, shows up as "Electribe Wave" and works flawlessly so far.

edit: Also just now loaded it on an audio track in Cubasis 2 via IA and it recorded output just fine.

If anyone would like me to test any other app, lemme know. I have most apps that host IAA and AU ... Seems to be very stable in everything I've tried so far.

WHAT?!?! It runs in AB3? Yeah I think we need proof on this claim. My updated AB3 does not see Electribe Wave AT ALL!!!! I wish it would work in AB3. Also many have reported it does NOT work in Cubasis and AUM. DJ Puzzle did a review on it and mentioned this very issue.

• edited August 2018

You can't layer parameters onto the X/Y pad as far as i can see but you do have like a pad per part so 16 pads.> @SMKArtist said:

@AnimalHeadSpirit said:

@robosardine said:
    I am wondering if it is Audiobus compatible?

Loads just fine in Audiobus 3 (shows up as "Korg Electribe Wave" in the list) ... Also tested it in AUM and Apematrix, shows up as "Electribe Wave" and works flawlessly so far.

edit: Also just now loaded it on an audio track in Cubasis 2 via IA and it recorded output just fine.

If anyone would like me to test any other app, lemme know. I have most apps that host IAA and AU ... Seems to be very stable in everything I've tried so far.

WHAT?!?! It runs in AB3? Yeah I think we need proof on this claim. My updated AB3 does not see Electribe Wave AT ALL!!!! I wish it would work in AB3. Also many have reported it does NOT work in Cubasis and AUM. DJ Puzzle did a review on it and mentioned this very issue.

It definitely works in AUM.

• I imagine there was a diagram featuring Electribe hardware sales, Grooverider 'Q factor' or estimated sales stats and a roadmap to the future involved in dropping the 'i'.

• @Telstar5 said:
    @AudioGus : This vs Grooverider?

GrooveRider and Electribe Wave are two completely different animals. Groove Rider is modeled entierly off of the Electribe 2 series which has a work flow that is similar to the EMX series of Electribes but is way more simplified. GrooveRider really feels like the hardware box. The Electribe Wave is far more modeled after the EMX Electribe. It's basically the EMX2 that every Electribe fan bitched about not getting in the Electribe 2. The work flow and approach to music creation is vastly different from that of the GrooveRider. Not better or worse; just different.

The big selling point of the Electribe Wave is the wave table synth and all the parameters and control you have over each sound. The drum part I can do with out. I like Beatmaker 3 for my drums. And Patterning 2 is far more creative in creating new beats. Which is why my biggest gripe is no true IAA or AuV3. Korg really needs to make the synth portion AuV3, and as a Gadget, and I mean only the synth, that would make me really happy.

For the aspiring performance DJ this is a great all in one tool to run multiple sets on, with out have to run AB3 or other apps. This was designed as a one stop app for DJ like live performance...not really for studio recording and actual song creation; that's what Gadget is for.

• @robosardine said:

@db909 said:
    Does this have iKaossilator style note replace recording?

Indeed it does. There is a mono setting on it which means that the notes you enter override any previous ones recorded..... 😺

Wow. Nice. Too bad it’s not universal lol. I need a newer iPad. Grooverider still kicking ass in the meantime

• It’s in my AB3- beside the rest of the Korg apps. I’ve just had it running through Turnado and into Audioshare..... what a racket that made.. enough to scare an alien.

• @SMKArtist said:

@Telstar5 said:

GrooveRider and Electribe Wave are two completely different animals. Groove Rider is modeled entierly off of the Electribe 2 series which has a work flow that is similar to the EMX series of Electribes but is way more simplified. GrooveRider really feels like the hardware box. The Electribe Wave is far more modeled after the EMX Electribe. It's basically the EMX2 that every Electribe fan bitched about not getting in the Electribe 2. The work flow and approach to music creation is vastly different from that of the GrooveRider. Not better or worse; just different.

The big selling point of the Electribe Wave is the wave table synth and all the parameters and control you have over each sound. The drum part I can do with out. I like Beatmaker 3 for my drums. And Patterning 2 is far more creative in creating new beats. Which is why my biggest gripe is no true IAA or AuV3. Korg really needs to make the synth portion AuV3, and as a Gadget, and I mean only the synth, that would make me really happy.

For the aspiring performance DJ this is a great all in one tool to run multiple sets on, with out have to run AB3 or other apps. This was designed as a one stop app for DJ like live performance...not really for studio recording and actual song creation; that's what Gadget is for.

What exactly does 'true IAA' mean? IAA Instrument rather than IAA generator with Link?

• @robosardine said:
    It’s in my AB3- beside the rest of the Korg apps. I’ve just had it running through Turnado and into Audioshare..... what a racket that made.. enough to scare an alien.

I am totally confused... it is running in AUM and AB3 here... maybe I’m missing something..

• @AudioGus said:

@SMKArtist said:

@Telstar5 said:

What exactly does 'true IAA' mean? IAA Instrument rather than IAA generator with Link?

@AudioGus said:

@SMKArtist said:

@Telstar5 said:

Most everyone who got this yesterday has reported that this doe not work in AB3 and AUM. It does not show up in the list, it's just not there. Was there a new update to the app that was posted?

• edited August 2018

I’m loving this app, open up that sample import Korg and let us play some more.

• @SMKArtist said:

@AudioGus said:

@SMKArtist said:

@Telstar5 said:

@AudioGus said:

@SMKArtist said:

@Telstar5 said:

Most everyone who got this yesterday has reported that this doe not work in AB3 and AUM. It does not show up in the list, it's just not there. Was there a new update to the app that was posted?

I just rebooted my iPad Pro...still nothing. Honestly this is weird that there are only a rare few you guys here who got it to work in you AudioBus3.

Anyhow until it works for EVERYONE, the version of Electribe Wave that's out does not have true STABLE IAA.

• @SMKArtist said:

@SMKArtist said:

@AudioGus said:

@SMKArtist said:

@Telstar5 said:

@AudioGus said:

@SMKArtist said:

@Telstar5 said:

I just rebooted my iPad Pro...still nothing. Honestly this is weird that there are only a rare few you guys here who got it to work in you AudioBus3.

Anyhow until it works for EVERYONE, the version of Electribe Wave that's out does not have true STABLE IAA.

Actually Electribe Wave didn’t show for me in AB3 but I knew it was coming because the AB guys tweeted early to say so. Anyway, I just did this and mine is now populated and working so try this... switch on flight mode, open AB3, see in audio input apps if listed (mine wasn’t), close AB3, switch off flight mode, now reopen AB3 and there it is now EW is listed with all my other audio input apps :)

• @SMKArtist said:

@SMKArtist said:

@AudioGus said:

@SMKArtist said:

@Telstar5 said:

@AudioGus said:

@SMKArtist said:

@Telstar5 said:

Here it is on my Pro

• And while we are at it.. could be nice to have it transpose to scale/key.. unless I missed something..Blocs Wave /GrooveBox..

• Well, now it finally work on mine. What the hell was going on? I did this so many times and nothing. Now all of the sudden it decides to work. Okay, It has IAA.

• @robosardine said:

@db909 said:

Indeed it does. There is a mono setting on it which means that the notes you enter override any previous ones recorded..... 😺

Hold that result! It does replace- but only for 1/16 notes. A long press won’t take out the whole lot- it’s a bit like the Grooverider scenario all over again I think. It does have a live erase button on the sequencer page- which I think you like.
    Is Grooverider doing the long note take out and replace what was there thing yet?

• So what exactly does this bring besides a beautiful UI that GR16 lacks? I always liked the iElectribe's automation, but it was frustrating that you could assign a single effect per instrument. Does this allow better automation?

And yes to whoever pointed out how stupid the vocal stabs are. They are, in every single app where they appear, stupid.

• I just checked EW out and it is Listed under KORG Apps in AB 2 & AB 3 plus in AUM! Sorry SMK but I am loving it for song creation and not for live performances. The sounds this beast makes is sweeeeet and tremendous. I am DIGGING it.

• Korg specs say the drum parts are 8 notes polyphonic. But 5A/B and 6A/B share mute groups. Doesn’t that make it 6 notes? B)

• @robosardine said:

@robosardine said:

@db909 said:

Hold that result! It does replace- but only for 1/16 notes. A long press won’t take out the whole lot- it’s a bit like the Grooverider scenario all over again I think. It does have a live erase button on the sequencer page- which I think you like.
    Is Grooverider doing the long note take out and replace what was there thing yet?

No groove rider doesn’t that either. So basically it just has recent note priority when set to mono is what it sounds like. Is the erase button accessible while playing the keyboard or pad?

• @SMKArtist said:

@AudioGus said:

@SMKArtist said:

@Telstar5 said:

@AudioGus said:

@SMKArtist said:

@Telstar5 said:

Another:

• I own quite a lot of apps from Korg Gadget to iElectribe and also GrooveRider. Can anyone convince me why I should buy this. Most threads on AB are continious full of enthousiasts creating a hype fr a few days. But hardly anyone puts questionmarks why you should buy the latest audioapp?

• I like it a lot. BUT I need to bring in my own cheesy vocals.

• I thought this was an easy pass for me, until it started getting weird at 1:30 and piqued my brains. Be interested to hear what the forum thinks of it...

• @MonzoPro said:
    I thought this was an easy pass for me, until it started getting weird at 1:30 and piqued my brains. Be interested to hear what the forum thinks of it...

Playing with it this morning I thought it was totally Monzo. Certainly can make weird and twisted and not just of the brostep variety. I think it has major legs.

• edited August 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • wimwim
    edited August 2018

@greengrocer said:
    I own quite a lot of apps from Korg Gadget to iElectribe and also GrooveRider. Can anyone convince me why I should buy this. Most threads on AB are continious full of enthousiasts creating a hype fr a few days. But hardly anyone puts questionmarks why you should buy the latest audioapp?

How can anyone do that without the foggiest clue about your needs, preferences, type of music you make, type of workflow you like, etc. etc. etc? And, why would they? (Sorry, not trying to be rude here...). Trying to sell people on something that they might not end up appreciating doesn’t help you or them. Besides, it’s five bucks. Do you ask the customers hanging around at Starbucks to convince you to buy a mocha chai latte?

Sorry again ... this all sounds snarky. I don’t mean it that way really. It just seems like a kind of pointless question to ask. There’s six pages of data already, including two videos to go on. I can’t think of any direct feedback to you personally that would be meaningful unless you have some close acquaintances here that know a lot more about you than I expect.

I’m dithering on this one because I’m totally happy with GrooveRider. That’ll last another hour or so until I feel like I’m being stupid, and then I’ll spend the $5. Not gonna beat myself up if I don’t end up using it though... B)

• @db909 said:

@robosardine said:

@robosardine said:

@db909 said:

No groove rider doesn’t that either. So basically it just has recent note priority when set to mono is what it sounds like. Is the erase button accessible while playing the keyboard or pad?

Yes- there is an erase button on the sequencer page which you can tap or hold for live erasing and then replace with different notes on the keys at the bottom- also it’s quite clear on the sequencer page where the notes are and as it plays a grey bar passes from left to right highlighting each as it plays

• @R_2 said:
    Korg specs say the drum parts are 8 notes polyphonic. But 5A/B and 6A/B share mute groups. Doesn’t that make it 6 notes? B)

One voice per drum part, 8 drum parts so 8 voices 🙂

• @wim said:

@greengrocer said:
    I own quite a lot of apps from Korg Gadget to iElectribe and also GrooveRider. Can anyone convince me why I should buy this. Most threads on AB are continious full of enthousiasts creating a hype fr a few days. But hardly anyone puts questionmarks why you should buy the latest audioapp?

How can anyone do that without the foggiest clue about your needs, preferences, type of music you make, type of workflow you like, etc. etc. etc? And, why would they? (Sorry, not trying to be rude here...). Trying to sell people on something that they might not end up appreciating doesn’t help you or them. Besides, it’s five bucks. Do you ask the customers hanging around at Starbucks to convince you to buy a mocha chai latte?

Sorry again ... this all sounds snarky. I don’t mean it that way really. It just seems like a kind of pointless question to ask. There’s six pages of data already, including two videos to go on. I can’t think of any direct feedback to you personally that would be meaningful unless you have some close acquaintances here that know a lot more about you than I expect.

I’m dithering on this one because I’m totally happy with GrooveRider. That’ll last another hour or so until I feel like I’m being stupid, and then I’ll spend the $5. Not gonna beat myself up if I don’t end up using it though... B)

Would it change your perspective if I told you it was not $5 but $20?