Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

SUNRIZER is now ((AU<3)) - - - In the AppStore!!! ... (Free Update) - - - [Classic Synth!]

Comments

• @giku_beepstreet said:

Still working on zoom in/out solution. Currently controls are big enough for my fingers, but I'm sure there are users that wouldn't accept this.

It looks Beautiful!! With a zoom in/out feature, it will be fantastic!!

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@Max23 said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

Still working on zoom in/out solution. Currently controls are big enough for my fingers, but I'm sure there are users that wouldn't accept this.

talking about me? ^^
    buttons, dials and faders are kind of ok I guess,
    but the keys!
    this is such a mouse piano

This is actually AUM keyboard :smiley:

I never was brave enough to make music on iPhones

The AUM keyboard works just fine for me! :smile:

• @Munibeast said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

I’d be okay with it. My main use for the iPhone version would be to play it through Midi controllers and apps like thumbjam, ChordPolyPad, StepPolyArp etc, so I wouldn’t want to twiddle knobs on screen a lot let alone play the tiny onscreen keyboard.

Maybe another possible way would be to turn the XS version into AUv3 but probably more work. I never had a problem with that one on the iPhone SE.

I would be using the host keyboard most of the time as well. I would prefer the full version over the XS version to maintain patch compatibility.

• Adding zooming like in LayR would be a must for this synth. True Universal.

• I create patches on iPad and transfer to iPhone when I need them on the go. So small is fine with me.

• I'm definitely not getting the AU parameters working unfortunately, although midi learn is working. Would be nice to use apeMatrix LFOs on Sunriser.

• @Carnbot said:
    I'm definitely not getting the AU parameters working unfortunately, although midi learn is working. Would be nice to use apeMatrix LFOs on Sunriser.

Same problem here, on beta and on public release.

• @giku_beepstreet said:

@MarkR said:

@supadom said:
    But when drambo finally hits the scene I will defo have trouble resisting bop pad.

@lukesleepwalker said:
    I owe you a video showing the BP in action. Have refined with Turnado AU.

@supadom said:

... and I owe you one with garrahand which finally arrived from Argentina after 2 months in transit.

My BopPad took two months to arrive here in Canada. The store said "backordered" and KMI also said "sorry, yeah rarely happens you just got caught in a delay".

I would love to see a vid of BP in action with iOS!

Sorry, back to SunrizerAU! :D

I'm about to order a Bop Pad (Drambo needs it). How do you like it? Any cons?

I only recently received it so have not had time to do anything too involved. Hoping to spend some quality time with it this weekend. I think @Carnbot is way ahead of me in terms of both usage and understanding the thing.

Should this be discussed further in the Drambo thread, or better yet could we have a Drambo/BopPad thread? I'm sure myself and others could learn a lot from those further along with BP. (Though I'll still monitor this thread of course because of Sunrizer.)

• @MarkR said:

@giku_beepstreet said:

@MarkR said:

@supadom said:
    But when drambo finally hits the scene I will defo have trouble resisting bop pad.

@lukesleepwalker said:
    I owe you a video showing the BP in action. Have refined with Turnado AU.

@supadom said:

... and I owe you one with garrahand which finally arrived from Argentina after 2 months in transit.

My BopPad took two months to arrive here in Canada. The store said "backordered" and KMI also said "sorry, yeah rarely happens you just got caught in a delay".

I would love to see a vid of BP in action with iOS!

Sorry, back to SunrizerAU! :D

I'm about to order a Bop Pad (Drambo needs it). How do you like it? Any cons?

I only recently received it so have not had time to do anything too involved. Hoping to spend some quality time with it this weekend. I think @Carnbot is way ahead of me in terms of both usage and understanding the thing.

Should this be discussed further in the Drambo thread, or better yet could we have a Drambo/BopPad thread? I'm sure myself and others could learn a lot from those further along with BP. (Though I'll still monitor this thread of course because of Sunrizer.)

There's already a useful BP thread on the forum. As for drambo I'm looking forward to starting a thread once we get a chance to kick the tires a bit.

• @JohnnyGoodyear said:

@AppleHorizon said:
    This was a glorious thing to wake up to today. Already used it for a short Garageband Live Loop and really am enjoying it.

Funny. Have never even looked at the GB live loop thingie, but now, thanks to you and Sunrizer, I have discovered it to be a facile little tool, very clever. Thank you.

I'm a purist and love the live loops as long as I've made all the source loops, lol. I've had so many awesome combinations of sounds come together with that I would never have thought of, and my MIDI is preserved for taking into Logic later, so I'm wildly in love with it.

• Just want to ask one more time about iOS/macOS AU compatibility. Is it possible?

Sorry, it would just be a useful time saver for me, but totally cool if not possible.

• @Hmtx said:

@Carnbot said:
    I'm definitely not getting the AU parameters working unfortunately, although midi learn is working. Would be nice to use apeMatrix LFOs on Sunriser.

Same problem here, on beta and on public release.

Yes, I mentioned that above too. I’m not sure whether to report it as a bug. The dev may have just not implemented it, although there IS a controls icon there. It seems to imply that the functionality should be there.

• This should work, but not always as I see. Working on update.

• @Jumpercollins said:

@Hmtx said:
    Is anyone able to map MIDI bindings for Sunrizer inside of AUM? I only see one parameter for “filter frequency”.

Same +1

Yes I am.

ios 11
    ipad 6

• Don’t forget bank change is not working either.

• I just want to say I am so happy this app is an AU

This is the first app that convinced me iOS music making was real.

I think Sunrizer is first "AU" that I am excited about because it is few app that has so many uses for me.

MIDI learn works great for me on this.

I am wondering if any issues people are having if they have similar ones with other AU synths?

I ask because the things some people are saying I have with another (unnamed synth AU)

Just wondering.

• @RUST( i )K said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Hmtx said:
    Is anyone able to map MIDI bindings for Sunrizer inside of AUM? I only see one parameter for “filter frequency”.

Same +1

Yes I am.

ios 11
    ipad 6

well ya can't just tell us it works and leave. :wink: what is your secret?

• I can get most of them working in AUM controlled by midi LFO, but strangely not in apeMatrix via control manager

• @Hmtx said:

@RUST( i )K said:

@Jumpercollins said:

@Hmtx said:

Same +1

Yes I am.

ios 11
    ipad 6

well ya can't just tell us it works and leave. :wink: what is your secret?

I don't know I just treat AU like a normal stand alone app with midi features.

Nothing really in the AUM menus.

I am sorry.

Seriously.

That is why I followed up.

Forgive me?

• Ha, all good @RUST( i )K . that actually answers my question. Yep, MIDI learn works fine inside the AU interface. tap MIDI learn, move controller, done.

What I have not yet figured out is "MIDI Control" in the AUM settings: go to menu> MIDI ctrl > channel > sunrizer and you see a bunch of AU parameters listed. You can use MIDI learn to create bindings, but the Sunrizer instance on that channel will not respond.

• edited July 2018

@giku_beepstreet

@Hmtx said:
    Ha, all good @RUST( i )K . that actually answers my question. Yep, MIDI learn works fine inside the AU interface. tap MIDI learn, move controller, done.

What I have not yet figured out is "MIDI Control" in the AUM settings: go to menu> MIDI ctrl > channel > sunrizer and you see a bunch of AU parameters listed. You can use MIDI learn to create bindings, but the Sunrizer instance on that channel will not respond.

It does work for me in AUM (at least most of them if you point a Rozeta lfo at the AU parameters) but I can’t get them to work in apeMatrix, which might mean they are responding to midi but not direct AU parameter control, not sure.

• @giku_beepstreet said:
    This should work, but not always as I see. Working on update.

LFOs in apematrix (public release) not working for me either.

Another little niggle: if you hit 'dock' in the effects there doesn't seem to be a way out. Trapped forever!

• edited July 2018

I’m just loving this Sunrizer AU soooo much alongside with Zeeon Synthmaster One and Audiokit Synth One recording to Cubasis!

We are truly sooo blessed!

• wimwim
    edited July 2018

@pauly said:

@giku_beepstreet said:
    This should work, but not always as I see. Working on update.

LFOs in apematrix (public release) not working for me either.

Another little niggle: if you hit 'dock' in the effects there doesn't seem to be a way out. Trapped forever!

Just hit the effects button again and it’ll go back the way it was. That threw me off for a bit too.

• How is sunrizer on cpu load?

• @Antkn33 said:
    How is sunrizer on cpu load?

Its excellent, I think he mentioned earlier it was optimized for the iPad 1

Is anyone else still not seeing the update? Its not in the Canadian app store although the description does say it was updated on the 4th.

• @Antkn33 said:
    How is sunrizer on cpu load?

FABULOUS!!
    6 instances at about 50% load on an iPad Air 2.

• Nice thanks!

• Sunrizer AU doesn’t fit cleanly into any AU window on my system. Is this to be expected or do I need to troubleshoot some?

I’ve tried AUM, Audiobus RC, BM3, GB and Cubasis. In every case part of the GUI is chopped off.