Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One is out!

Comments

• By the way folks, my username on AB forum got changed to "MobileMusic" to sync with my YouTube channel name :smile: - youtube.com/MobileMusic

(I was "powerobject" before)

• Errrr, might seem like an odd question, but does this app have midi out?

The reason I’m asking is the prospect of using the mapping of keys shown in the demo on Dischord, to make sure we play the right notes in other synths. :)

• @kv331audio_bulent Just had my first crash with the latest update, V.0.4 turned Ableton Link on then hit background off was just testing the function and the app crashed.

• Is oversampling amount set automatically depending on the preset and can be manually overriding?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Is oversampling amount set automatically depending on the preset and can be manually overriding?

No it is not set automatically, you can set it manually for each preset or globally

• @obijohn said:

@Satie said:
    Nice sounding Tool!!😍
    Can‘t find the save button in AU. Save preset in stand alone is obvios.

It’s not in the “small” AU, only in full screen AU (which only works in GarageBand).

Will that be fixed in a former version? Please!

• Strangely when I had original release version I did not have the preset scrolling issues some reported. Since the latest update I do now have the preset scrolling issues. It’s a bit of a runaway train in preset scrolling land!!

• @Samu said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

It is not a bug. The waveform length should be multiple of 2048 samples. Try some wavetables downloaded from the internet for synths like Serum. They use 2048 too

Is the 2048 per 'cycle' or the entire wav-file?

What I'm trying to do is to import 'serum' versions of the AdventureKid Waveforms.
    With 100 single cycles waves in a file the resulting *.wav file is 204800 samples long.
    (Some tables contain fewer cycles but each individual cycle is 2048 samples long).

I think the max period length is 2048 samples, and then the total file length of the wave table (multiple periods) has to be a multiple of 2048.

• @Satie said:

@obijohn said:

@Satie said:
    Nice sounding Tool!!😍
    Can‘t find the save button in AU. Save preset in stand alone is obvios.

It’s not in the “small” AU, only in full screen AU (which only works in GarageBand).

Sorry - the finding was, that there is no save-button in the small-AU. Will that be fixed?

• @Lurcher said:
    Strangely when I had original release version I did not have the preset scrolling issues some reported. Since the latest update I do now have the preset scrolling issues. It’s a bit of a runaway train in preset scrolling land!!

I thought I fixed it for good. will test again.

• @Satie said:

I should figure out how to fit it in there :)

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

>

Hello Mr Dev, sir. :) Does this splendid app have midi out?

• @Zen210507 said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

>

Hello Mr Dev, sir. :) Does this splendid app have midi out?

No not yet.

The plan is to have 3 choices for midi out:

1. off
    2. arp output
    3. builtin keyboard output
  • @MobileMusic said:

@Jocphone said:
    SynthMaster One is great @kv331audio_bulent really top work and the videos were a great push for me to buy the app.

One little thing, I realise this the first release and there are probably already a ton of things to fix, but could you make it so that the arp stays running when you switch to the mod matrix page? It’s difficult to adjust the mod values correctly if your sequence has stopped and you don’t have an external keyboard plugged in.

I was about to mention this issue. At least, let the Hold keep sounding the pressed key but it stops the sound once switched to Mod Matrix and we are twisting knobs in the dark without knowing what effect it is changing.

+1 yes please

• @Trueyorky said:

I was about to mention this issue. At least, let the Hold keep sounding the pressed key but it stops the sound once switched to Mod Matrix and we are twisting knobs in the dark without knowing what effect it is changing.

+1 yes please

Sure, will be in v1.0.5

@YZJustDatGuy said:
    Dragging waveforms into the program does nothing at all. I assume it’s a bug.
    Edit: never mind. It’s one particular waveform that doesn’t work which is white noise

It is not a bug. The waveform length should be multiple of 2048 samples. Try some wavetables downloaded from the internet for synths like Serum. They use 2048 too

Yep! I did the same thing.
    Serum wavetables work like a charm!
    Try these

@Lurcher said:
    Strangely when I had original release version I did not have the preset scrolling issues some reported. Since the latest update I do now have the preset scrolling issues. It’s a bit of a runaway train in preset scrolling land!!

Yea just checked, still doing it. I have done all the updates so far and when I start scrolling it will very quickly jump to the other end of the preset listing, not every time but most times.

• Any way to save presets in the Auv3? I'm so confused. I can save them in AUM's preset manager, but can't see any way to do it otherwise.

Also, program changes don't seem to work :-(

No not yet.

The plan is to have 3 choices for midi out:

1. off
    2. arp output
    3. builtin keyboard output

>

Excellent. Would I be right in thinking that option three will let us control other synths from this one?

• @palm said:
    Any way to save presets in the Auv3? I'm so confused. I can save them in AUM's preset manager, but can't see any way to do it otherwise.

Also, program changes don't seem to work :-(

Program changes are not supported yet because we didn't implement creating midi banks from presets yet. should happen pretty soon though.

@Trueyorky said:

+1 yes please

Sure, will be in v1.0.5

:)

• Sorry to double post, but getting back into this... is there anyway in Cubasis or BM3 to record automation of anything that is in the mod matrix? I am trying to jump back in to iOS and this I can’t seem to gather?

• @Chaztrip If you move any knob in SM1 while recording Cubasis will record the automation. Im not sure it's completely stable but it kind of works. I found that after I telaunched the project the link between the automated info and SM1 was broke. Maybe wait until next update.
    Great synth so much fun, really love it but still a few small to medium sized bugs to squash. Great work

• @Richtowns said:
    @Chaztrip If you move any knob in SM1 while recording Cubasis will record the automation. Im not sure it's completely stable but it kind of works. I found that after I telaunched the project the link between the automated info and SM1 was broke. Maybe wait until next update.
    Great synth so much fun, really love it but still a few small to medium sized bugs to squash. Great work

I’m able to record automation from most, but not the mod envelope or any knob in the mod matrix. Just really want to be able to control the filter 1 cutoff for some sweeps.

• Anybody know how to creat banks? I’m currently saving my favourites but then to access them you have to go into the drop down menu.
    Would be quicker if they were available in a preset bank menu so you could access them faster in the preset browser.

• did you try entering a Bank name under Attributes ?

did you try entering a Bank name under Attributes ?

I just tried that. I changed the bank name of a saved preset in attributes to ‘favourites’ but it doesn’t seem to show up in the browser preset, only the factory bank?

• edited June 2018

@anickt said:

@RajahP said:

@anickt said:
    Anyone running this on an Air 1?

If it's a query about CPU performance... This beast is so lite on the CPU it is like magic...

Yeah - what kind of performance on an “older” iPad. Thanks

Six instances playing the default preset (pic can only show 4) on an iPad Mini 2.. DSP is 39%

• @universe said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:
    did you try entering a Bank name under Attributes ?

I just tried that. I changed the bank name of a saved preset in attributes to ‘favourites’ but it doesn’t seem to show up in the browser preset, only the factory bank

I did same, then did ‘save preset’ & new bank did not show. Then closed app, re-opened app and the new bank then did show.

This discussion has been closed.