Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One is out!

Comments

• edited June 2018

Had a wonderful evening tonight here in Sweden with my iPad Pro 12.9" (2017) and Synthmaster One!

It must be the best sounding synth on iOS just now, even though Moog Model 15 and Zeeon is just behind :-)

But, the sound from Synthmaster One is breathtaking!! So smooth and clean, and at the same time a lot of bite and attack... Lovely!

• Are you on beta?

@ErrkaPetti said:
    Had a wonderful evening tonight here in Sweden with my iPad Pro 12.9" (2017) and Synthmaster One!

It must be the best sounding synth on iOS just now, even though Moog Model 15 and Zeeon is just behind :-)

But, the sound from Synthmaster One is breathtaking!! So smooth and clean, and at the same time a lot of bite and attack... Lovely!

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Are you on beta?

@ErrkaPetti said:

No beta... Why do you ask that for? Just curious...

• edited June 2018

Maybe they mean the manual is accessible via the app? With this about button?

@tja
    @ALB
    @Trueyorky

• @Enkerli said:
    Anything from the MPE crowd? Does it work for you with some MPE controller? Still investigating my issues with Lightpad. Will try other MPE controllers.

It's working well for me with an Artiphon, in both single- and multi-channel mode. As always, you need to make sure your pitch-bend settings match in SynthMaster and the Artiphon preset you're using.

• Could swear I posted this earlier...

Bug Report:
    Synthmaster One 1.0
    Standalone Mode
    iPad Pro 12.9” (2017)
    iOS: 11.2.6

Issue 1: iPad keyboard covers Attributes Edit Box when Saving Preset
    Issue 2: I really want the Blue Skin. Real Bad.
    It’s the first thing that sucked me in.
    The sounds and possibilities finished me off.

Thank you for one of my many desert-island synths.

Blue Skin better matches my future desert-island view of the ocean...

• @Tarekith said:
    If you could make a video of you reading the manual in realtime, that would be great too. :p

If this was on Twitter, I’d give it a “Like”...

I prefer both. I flip back and forth until it sticks.

(Still flipping back and forth...)

• @rackersr said:

@Tarekith said:
    If you could make a video of you reading the manual in realtime, that would be great too. :p

If this was on Twitter, I’d give it a “Like”...

I prefer both. I flip back and forth until it sticks.

(Still flipping back and forth...)

Why not give it a like in this forum?!?

• @AudioGus said:

@tja
    @ALB
    @Trueyorky

Thanks!!!

• @Fruitbat1919 said:
    I changed the Author and bank names, but as I say, the existing preset changed sounds have saved ok. It’s just the ones from the Init that have disappeared.

OK will debug this.

• @papertiger said:
    Please reconsider your decision. Not everyone has the time to watch videos to learn how to use an app/program. It is far more efficient for an end-user to be able to look up a specific function or how something works than to wade through videos.

I didn't say that I'd stop completing the user manual though.

BTW we have user manuals for our desktop synths as well.

• @AudioGus said:

About Tab->Help button

• For the PDF to open up, your OS should be 11.2 or 11.3 and above I guess, it worked for me after I upgraded my OS

• edited June 2018

Gonna be blown away when 4X oversimpling gets out on the update. Beta testing 1.04 version right now and spent my whole lunch hour testing! Forget food! Too much fun!!!!! Deep Bass, crisp highs! Hard to explain but must hear to understand!

@ErrkaPetti said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Are you on beta?

@ErrkaPetti said:

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I changed the Author and bank names, but as I say, the existing preset changed sounds have saved ok. It’s just the ones from the Init that have disappeared.

OK will debug this.

If you come across my other posts (with pics). It shows that the sounds are not disappearing, but not showing up in the banks that they have had their attributes assigned to. The sounds actually are in the list when no banks are chosen. They also have the correct attributes showing, but they do not appear in the banks they have been assigned to. Hope this helps :)

• Anyone running this on an Air 1?

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Gonna be blown away when 4X oversimpling gets out on the update. Beta testing 1.04 version right now and spent my whole lunch hour testing! Forget food! Too much fun!!!!! Deep Bass, crisp highs! Hard to explain but must hear to understand!

@ErrkaPetti said:

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Are you on beta?

@ErrkaPetti said:

I hope it does so well that there is a crazy flood of vst synths that get directly ported over now.

• @kv331audio_bulent said:

I take this to mean that there will be a user manual available for Synthnaster One iOS? I hope it will be available outside of the app, for those considering purchasing the synth.

BTW we have user manuals for our desktop synths as well.

Can these manuals be downloaded without purchasing the desktop versions? The only standalone PDF manual I’ve been able to find is for SynthMaster desktop. Otherwise it appears that the documentation is embedded within the software.

Thanks for your responses. I realize that I might be in a quickly vanishing minority of “musicians” that actually read manuals (and do so before buying a new instrument!). :smile:

• @Tarekith said:

You know how I love my manuals... ;-)

• @kv331audio_bulent , just updated, looks like in AUM at sample rate 48khz/96khz SynthMaster one plays at incorrect pitch.

• @papertiger said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

I take this to mean that there will be a user manual available for Synthnaster One iOS? I hope it will be available outside of the app, for those considering purchasing the synth.

I'm gonna put the One desktop and One iOS user manuals on our product pages on the website.

• Yep, could download the iOS PDF from the Help menu!
    Would be nice to add it also to the Downloads section on the website

• SynthMaster One Factory Presets

• Just tested and if you use the stand alone IAA version it works perfectly at 48khz but AU version is out of pitch. Couldn’t try 96khz.

@theinvisibleman said:
    @kv331audio_bulent , just updated, looks like in AUM at sample rate 48khz/96khz SynthMaster one plays at incorrect pitch.

• Sorry if this been brought up already. The on-keyboard is really laggy right now. Take a plucky sound, play a chord repeatedly, that should make it obvious that the voices don’t trigger properly. Or just play some notes fast .

I’ve tried messing around with buffer, oversampling, even tried playing STRANGER THINGS, which crashed the sound and subsequently needed a restart (I know playing stranger things can mess any synth up, but it’s an awesome stress test..?) :p . This is on the iPad 10,5”, latest iOS.

While on the subject...Have the option to slide the keyboard up & down as a separate option/toggle, needs more work, it’s kinda jumping all over.
    I would personally move/squeeze the velocity slightly downwards on the keys, when the highest velocity is at the very tip of the keys, it makes it harder to control velocity on a touch screen where you have to keep tabs on the black/white keys (whereas on real keys, you don’t really). Ideally you want less headroom on the lower half of the keys, might sound dumb, but it does make things easier on a touch screen where you can play both chords and shred away.

Expand that bottom keyboard to 37 keys (as a toggle somewhere), get rid of, or make the pitch/mod wheels smaller in this mode). Three sizes; 2 octaves, 2,5 octaves and 3 octaves? Double decker keyboards aren’t great as they obviously cover the synth. Just model the keys after any other decent ones like BeepStreets stuff, IceGears stuff, etc.

Put away your designated iPad midi keys, Bulent:-) :p

• edited June 2018

@MusicMan4Christ said:
    Just tested and if you use the stand alone IAA version it works perfectly at 48khz but AU version is out of pitch. Couldn’t try 96khz.

It’s out of pitch on IAA version also for me at 48 kHz/96khz within AUM, it only play good at 44khz

• @anickt said:
    Anyone running this on an Air 1?

If it's a query about CPU performance... This beast is so lite on the CPU it is like magic...

• edited June 2018

@Tarekith said:

Funniest thing I’ve read all week.

Edit: Oh yeah,..loving SM1...

• @chandroji said:
    But no problem within GarageBand!
    Here the lightpad works with S1 as expected! 😎

Ha! Thanks a lot for this! It solved my problem, even in AUM!!
    (And, yes, it’s very exciting once it works.)

No idea why it’s not working in the standalone. But it’s pretty clear what the problem was in AUM. Couldn’t adjust the important settings (pitchbend and MPE) because they simply don’t show up, even if you expand the AUv3 as much as possible.
    These changes, made in GarageBand, carry over to AUM.

Hm… But then…
    In AUM and GB, getting some stuck notes with mono patches (LED Doom, for instance; happened with both hosts), some notes which don’t play, losing velocity on some patches (always at high velocity, though the velocity curve didn’t change)…
    And, of course, it still doesn’t work in the standalone app. So, being unable to save presets in the AU but also unable to play with the standalone is a bummer.
    (Also, even before saving any preset, there’s one with a blank name. Its author is Bülent, the company field is blank, the description says that Mod Wheel modulates: Filter1 cutoff and resonance, its instrument type is Bass, and its style is Electro. The Waveform looks a lot like the Andremega sawtooth but it’s slightly different.)

It should be a pretty good synth once it’s ready for release. Any idea when that might be? ;)

• edited June 2018

I am not seeing the Synthmaster-One Folder on my iCloud drive (PC)... I do see it on the iPad...

And how does one know if the 200 free presets where imported upon registration? Is there a 'preset count' as on the Desktop version?

from !4:00 in the video

This discussion has been closed.