Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One is out!

Comments

• @RajahP said:

@anickt said:

@RajahP said:

@anickt said:
    Anyone running this on an Air 1?

If it's a query about CPU performance... This beast is so lite on the CPU it is like magic...

Yeah - what kind of performance on an “older” iPad. Thanks

Six instances playing the default preset (pic can only show 4) on an iPad Mini 2.. DSP is 39%

That’s excellent. Thanks

• @Lurcher said:

@universe said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:
    did you try entering a Bank name under Attributes ?

I just tried that. I changed the bank name of a saved preset in attributes to ‘favourites’ but it doesn’t seem to show up in the browser preset, only the factory bank

I did same, then did ‘save preset’ & new bank did not show. Then closed app, re-opened app and the new bank then did show.

Thanks. Mine has now showed up. Didn’t have to close the app so not sure what happened but it’s now there.

• @kv331audio_bulent said:
    BTW, hopefuly in a month's time we will start selling the additional presets (for desktop) as an IAP.

Yah was wondering where it was hiding, looking forward to it!

• Please give us the original dark skin :)

• @Lurcher said:

@kv331audio_bulent said:

@Lurcher said:
    Strangely when I had original release version I did not have the preset scrolling issues some reported. Since the latest update I do now have the preset scrolling issues. It’s a bit of a runaway train in preset scrolling land!!

I thought I fixed it for good. will test again.

Yea just checked, still doing it. I have done all the updates so far and when I start scrolling it will very quickly jump to the other end of the preset listing, not every time but most times.

Verified and found the same issues

• @universe said:
    Anybody know how to creat banks? I’m currently saving my favourites but then to access them you have to go into the drop down menu.
    Would be quicker if they were available in a preset bank menu so you could access them faster in the preset browser.

+1
    I posted a message on the video suggesting any Favorites should display as a bank in the banks list to use as filter because it is just another bank. Also, ability to create multiple banks would be great.

• @Carnbot said:
    Please give us the original dark skin :)

Or make it as an option under Settings

• @MobileMusic hi this functionality is already there. You have to create the bank in attributes and then it shows up in the browser after some kind of refresh.

• edited June 2018

• edited June 2018

@universe said:
    @MobileMusic hi this functionality is already there. You have to create the bank in attributes and then it shows up in the browser after some kind of refresh.

It should be straight process forward to create folders/banks/favorites/etc. when we create them for the first time - instead of changing the attributes. Or at least, the refresh should work without having to close/relaunch the app after changing the attributes.

Attributes for factory/IAP presets should be locked/read-only. They should be editable only for user/other presets.

• edited June 2018

• @MobileMusic i agree with you. It’s currently quite cumbersome to do. It should be so much simpler.

• Is there a way of saving a bank to Apple files ? I’m creating a bank of favourites and want to store in apple files as I do with all my synths in case I lose them with an update to. This has happened before and obviously wastes hours in having organised presets and the losing them. At the moment it seems like it can only be done one preset at a time which is also time consuming

• Glissando works only on the bottom keyboard. When we expand it to 3 keyboards, it doesn’t work on upper 2 keyboards. This is a glitch

• edited June 2018

@kv331audio_bulent
    @MobileMusic said:
    Glissando works only on the bottom keyboard. When we expand it to 3 keyboards, it doesn’t work on upper 2 keyboards. This is a glitch

Actually, if you set Settings > Keyboard to Glissando while having all the 3 keyboards expanded, it works on all keyboards but it is still a minor glitch.

• @kv331audio_bulent, midi cc41 does not seem to be assignable.

• Hi Bulent,
    What a beautiful synth you have made for iOS! Congratulations on this major milestone iOS music app release. I am noticing a few quirks: the extended keyboard does not fully render, I only get a partial image of the top 2 extended keyboards, the bottom keyboard is fine, I first noticed this yesterday. Cheers, Elektrik Diva

• I’m sure it’s right in front of me but how do I adjust the tempo in stand alone?

• @RJB said:
    I’m sure it’s right in front of me but how do I adjust the tempo in stand alone?

Further back in this thread it was mentioned that tempo is not in stand alone yet

• So, I can’t seem to find out but I have two questions. 1. Is the $15 price a promotion price, and 2. If it is a promotion how long does it last? Thanks. I’d like to just hold out and not buy another synth, but I know I’ll probably regret it if it goes up in price. So far, I think it looks good, sounds good, and the interface looks like it’s laid out well.

• @yowza said:

@RJB said:
    I’m sure it’s right in front of me but how do I adjust the tempo in stand alone?

Further back in this thread it was mentioned that tempo is not in stand alone yet

Thanks!

• Think the special intro price is 14.95 regular price will be $24.99 i think. Jump in asap!

@DMan said:

So, I can’t seem to find out but I have two questions. 1. Is the $15 price a promotion price, and 2. If it is a promotion how long does it last? Thanks. I’d like to just hold out and not buy another synth, but I know I’ll probably regret it if it goes up in price. So far, I think it looks good, sounds good, and the interface looks like it’s laid out well.

• @MobileMusic said:

@kv331audio_bulent
    @MobileMusic said:
    Glissando works only on the bottom keyboard. When we expand it to 3 keyboards, it doesn’t work on upper 2 keyboards. This is a glitch

Actually, if you set Settings > Keyboard to Glissando while having all the 3 keyboards expanded, it works on all keyboards but it is still a minor glitch.

Ah, that solves one problem at least - it seems to be the same issue for velocity in the upper keyboards too. Needs to be globally selectable?

• @MusicMan4Christ said:
    Think the special intro price is 14.95 regular price will be $24.99 i think. Jump in asap!

Thanks! I have some MPE stuff, so I know it will be useful. Seems to be pretty good on CPU too!! And of course there is the iOS synthesizer rule that you always need one more synth than you currently have.

• I've not had any inspiration from this, neither the presets nor programming. I'll give it another few goes still but as of now, not getting the near-universal praise. It sounds pretty good but no real character and the filters don't do it for me. It doesn't help that the menus such as waveform type filter type, etc, don't respond to an Apple Pencil.

• @oat_phipps said:
    I've not had any inspiration from this, neither the presets nor programming. I'll give it another few goes still but as of now, not getting the near-universal praise. It sounds pretty good but no real character and the filters don't do it for me. It doesn't help that the menus such as waveform type filter type, etc, don't respond to an Apple Pencil.

This reminds me of the Kauldron hype. Massive praise so I purchased. I think it sounds like a turd with a button for random turds. I hope this succeeds though, always nice to get new ios stuff.

• @jenkweb said:

@oat_phipps said:
    I've not had any inspiration from this, neither the presets nor programming. I'll give it another few goes still but as of now, not getting the near-universal praise. It sounds pretty good but no real character and the filters don't do it for me. It doesn't help that the menus such as waveform type filter type, etc, don't respond to an Apple Pencil.

This reminds me of the Kauldron hype. Massive praise so I purchased. I think it sounds like a turd with a button for random turds. I hope this succeeds though, always nice to get new ios stuff.

People seem to be quite different ;)

• edited June 2018

@tja said:

@jenkweb said:

@oat_phipps said:

People seem to be quite different ;)

Hah! Yah I like Kauldron as well as this. The past month before this has been mostly Kauldron with a bit of Model D. This stuff is very subjective.

• @jenkweb said:

@oat_phipps said:

I don't necessarily agree with your views on Kauldron, but I am also not entirely in love with Synthmaster One. I've been beta testing it for a few weeks and while I think it's cool - clearly it's INCREDIBLY deep and full featured and all that - I'm just not vibing with it. I'm not connecting with it on a spiritual level, meaning firing it up doesn't make me excited the way that other synths (or other beta apps I'm testing) do.

Not raining on anyone's parade - I've certainly been on the other side of the fence more than once.

@oat_phipps you and I don't always have the same tastes in synths, but I'm right there with you on this one. So far, at least - I'm definitely always ready to have my mind changed.

• @Daveypoo said:

@jenkweb said:

@oat_phipps said:

I don't necessarily agree with your views on Kauldron, but I am also not entirely in love with Synthmaster One. I've been beta testing it for a few weeks and while I think it's cool - clearly it's INCREDIBLY deep and full featured and all that - I'm just not vibing with it. I'm not connecting with it on a spiritual level, meaning firing it up doesn't make me excited the way that other synths (or other beta apps I'm testing) do.

Not raining on anyone's parade - I've certainly been on the other side of the fence more than once.

@oat_phipps you and I don't always have the same tastes in synths, but I'm right there with you on this one. So far, at least - I'm definitely always ready to have my mind changed.

There is nothing more peculiar than the love of a man (or woman) and a synth lol. Would love to see a Sound Fest done for Kauldron - I’m sure we could give a more fully featured preset list ;)

This discussion has been closed.