Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One is out!

1679111244

Comments

  • @oat_phipps - I’m sort of with you on this, but I think the modulation matrix, Fx, sequencer etc offers some pretty interesting possibilities. It’s not wowing me on basic sound alone.

  • @ALB said:
    @oat_phipps - I’m sort of with you on this, but I think the modulation matrix, Fx, sequencer etc offers some pretty interesting possibilities. It’s not wowing me on basic sound alone.

    Yeah, I've just had another 30-45 minute go with it, focusing on the modmatrix and arp patterns, and came away completely empty.

    It's not quite clinical in the VirSyn sense, but it's clean enough for me to liken it to them...and I don't like them.

    Based on the hype, I expected a lot more. And when I say that I mean not so much in bells and whistles, but in sound, and I don't get that here. Just the presets alone are as generic sounding as it gets. And though I've spent time programming, the interface and flow doesn't jive (or is it gibe?) with me.

    The fact of the matter is I'm more than happy with Zeeon and the Moogs.

  • @oat_phipps said:

    @ALB said:
    @oat_phipps - I’m sort of with you on this, but I think the modulation matrix, Fx, sequencer etc offers some pretty interesting possibilities. It’s not wowing me on basic sound alone.

    Yeah, I've just had another 30-45 minute go with it, focusing on the modmatrix and arp patterns, and came away completely empty.

    It's not quite clinical in the VirSyn sense, but it's clean enough for me to liken it to them...and I don't like them.

    Based on the hype, I expected a lot more. And when I say that I mean not so much in bells and whistles, but in sound, and I don't get that here. Just the presets alone are as generic sounding as it gets. And though I've spent time programming, the interface and flow doesn't jive (or is it gibe?) with me.

    The fact of the matter is I'm more than happy with Zeeon and the Moogs.

    I hear you. Jive or gibe works for me. I keep looking forward to the au version of DRC...

  • ...and I just got a refund. After a few hours with it, I haven't even been tempted to record any ideas with it. I don't do the refund often, probably 7-8 times in 4+ years of iOS music, but 15 bucks is fifteen bucks.

  • @ALB said:

    @oat_phipps said:

    @ALB said:
    @oat_phipps - I’m sort of with you on this, but I think the modulation matrix, Fx, sequencer etc offers some pretty interesting possibilities. It’s not wowing me on basic sound alone.

    Yeah, I've just had another 30-45 minute go with it, focusing on the modmatrix and arp patterns, and came away completely empty.

    It's not quite clinical in the VirSyn sense, but it's clean enough for me to liken it to them...and I don't like them.

    Based on the hype, I expected a lot more. And when I say that I mean not so much in bells and whistles, but in sound, and I don't get that here. Just the presets alone are as generic sounding as it gets. And though I've spent time programming, the interface and flow doesn't jive (or is it gibe?) with me.

    The fact of the matter is I'm more than happy with Zeeon and the Moogs.

    I hear you. Jive or gibe works for me. I keep looking forward to the au version of DRC...

    That would be nIce. I always overlook it but along with Zeeon and mood, it's one of the very few that have a distinctive character. And DRC has it in spades...it's a darker sort of machine that I really like. Off to visit it now.

  • I’ve been deconstructing some of the Rob Lee presets and then making something different from them. I can just about hit on some sweet spots. I’m finding using the dual filter almost essential to get something I like.

    For me this is more akin to Twin2. Its about modulation and using multi mode filters etc. It fits a spot for me that is far and away from what I love of Model D and Zeeon.

    I do think the presets seem to suggest it’s an out and out dance synth (for fear of labelling it lol), but I’m sure if will reach much more when all clicks into place - I do like programming it, although I’ve yet to hit sounds as easily or quickly as I have with Model D or WaveMapper.

  • Wow this synth was worth waiting for. This for me is currently one of the best sounding if not the best sounding synth on IOS! What lovely, pure, clear & rich sounds this beasty makes. Both very happy & most impressed with this synth! LOVING It!!! I don’t usually say wow out loud as I program but I keep on saying it with this synth! BRAVO to the Dev!

  • Dude I respect your decision but I really wish you’d waited for version1.04 which has 4X oversampling. Huge sound difference to my ears!

    @oat_phipps said:
    ...and I just got a refund. After a few hours with it, I haven't even been tempted to record any ideas with it. I don't do the refund often, probably 7-8 times in 4+ years of iOS music, but 15 bucks is fifteen bucks.

  • Off in a field outside of Dublin and playing this thing in the almost dark for an hour and I don’t know my oversampling from my arse let alone my elbow but it’s an absolute pleasure to noodle with and sounds all kinds of lovely. Well done developer and thank you.

  • It’s in beta testing general. 1.04 update coming. Squashing little tiny winni bugs but all is looking and sounding bright.

  • @MusicMan4Christ said:
    It’s in beta testing general. 1.04 update coming. Squashing little tiny winni bugs but all is looking and sounding bright.

    Came out 16hours ago! Whoot! Tis Nice!

  • Yeah been testing totally forgot to check :D <3 <3

  • edited June 2018

    @oat_phipps said:
    I've not had any inspiration from this, neither the presets nor programming. I'll give it another few goes still but as of now, not getting the near-universal praise. It sounds pretty good but no real character and the filters don't do it for me. It doesn't help that the menus such as waveform type filter type, etc, don't respond to an Apple Pencil.

    You are positive as always...

    Come on, don’t be such a snob... If this synth for iPad isn’t enough, suggest that you continue In the world of desktop synth...

    Synthmaster One - it ain’t gonna be better than this considering iOS...

  • edited June 2018

    @oat_phipps said:

    @ALB said:
    @oat_phipps - I’m sort of with you on this, but I think the modulation matrix, Fx, sequencer etc offers some pretty interesting possibilities. It’s not wowing me on basic sound alone.

    Yeah, I've just had another 30-45 minute go with it, focusing on the modmatrix and arp patterns, and came away completely empty.

    It's not quite clinical in the VirSyn sense, but it's clean enough for me to liken it to them...and I don't like them.

    Based on the hype, I expected a lot more. And when I say that I mean not so much in bells and whistles, but in sound, and I don't get that here. Just the presets alone are as generic sounding as it gets. And though I've spent time programming, the interface and flow doesn't jive (or is it gibe?) with me.

    The fact of the matter is I'm more than happy with Zeeon and the Moogs.

    If you can’t come up with a intrested sound in Synthmaster One, it perhaps depend on you and your lack of knowledge and technical skills...

    We have all the tools here to make Synthmaster One sound complex wonderful and soulful...

  • @oat_phipps said:
    ...and I just got a refund. After a few hours with it, I haven't even been tempted to record any ideas with it. I don't do the refund often, probably 7-8 times in 4+ years of iOS music, but 15 bucks is fifteen bucks.

    Good. Then we perhaps can avoid to see you in this thread, spreading negative nonsense about Synthmaster One...

  • edited June 2018

    Another vote for a manual over just video content. :)

    @kv331audio Yeah large screen AU needs a fix. It's broken in AB3 and gui disappears.
    Apologies if have missed the rest of the thread but where are the AU settings?
    Unless they are hidden in the large view.

  • @Carnbot said:
    Another vote for a manual over just video content. :)

    @kv331audio Yeah large screen AU needs a fix. It's broken in AB3 and gui disappears.
    Apologies if have missed the rest of the thread but where are the AU settings?
    Unless they are hidden in the large view.

    Which iPad are you using?

  • @purpan2 said:

    @MobileMusic said:

    @kv331audio_bulent
    @MobileMusic said:
    Glissando works only on the bottom keyboard. When we expand it to 3 keyboards, it doesn’t work on upper 2 keyboards. This is a glitch

    Actually, if you set Settings > Keyboard to Glissando while having all the 3 keyboards expanded, it works on all keyboards but it is still a minor glitch.

    Ah, that solves one problem at least - it seems to be the same issue for velocity in the upper keyboards too. Needs to be globally selectable?

    This setting doesn’t seem to get saved and needs to be set every time we launch SM1

  • @oat_phipps said:

    Based on the hype, I expected a lot more. And when I say that I mean not so much in bells and whistles, but in sound, and I don't get that here. Just the presets alone are as generic sounding as it gets. And though I've spent time programming, the interface and flow doesn't jive (or is it gibe?) with me.

    Hype is what people selling something tend to do. Users tend to say what they like. If you don't like the sound, I assume you're just giving your honest opinion, like everyone else here. Subjectively, it sounds great to many of us. That ain't no hype. :)

  • edited June 2018

    Does anybody know what the limit is for how many synthmaster ones you can run? Is it only dependent on the hardware?

    Cubasis seemed to handle 9 fine, but I ran into an issue when trying number 10. I'm just curious if anybody's gotten more than 10 without issues?

    Either way, 9 is more than I would need probably, so it's not a big deal.

  • Is anyone else getting a bug where you lose volume completely after switching to a new preset in the browser?
    On ipad Pro, iOS 11.0.2
    Doesn’t happen on every preset change, but when it happens app becomes silent, even though the output monitor in the app is showing output when playing the built in keyboard. Remains silent when switching to other presets, and only responds after rebooting.

  • edited June 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Dawdles said:
    Only used standalone last night. Trying it as AU now... Another dumb question, how do I access LFO and FX in the AU?

    You can scroll the UI via swipe gesture.

  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @kv331audio Yeah large screen AU needs a fix. It's broken in AB3 and gui disappears.
    Apologies if have missed the rest of the thread but where are the AU settings?
    Unless they are hidden in the large view.

    how can i switch to fullscreen mode in ab3? couldnt figure out

  • @ErrkaPetti said:

    @oat_phipps said:
    I've not had any inspiration from this, neither the presets nor programming. I'll give it another few goes still but as of now, not getting the near-universal praise. It sounds pretty good but no real character and the filters don't do it for me. It doesn't help that the menus such as waveform type filter type, etc, don't respond to an Apple Pencil.

    You are positive as always...

    Come on, don’t be such a snob... If this synth for iPad isn’t enough, suggest that you continue In the world of desktop synth...

    Synthmaster One - it ain’t gonna be better than this considering iOS...

    as a developer i’ve learned a long time ago that you can not make everyone happy, so no worries 😃

  • edited June 2018

    @Dawdles said:
    Is there a reason the AU isn't just a straight up fullscreen in BM3 like Model 15 etc? The scrolling feels kinda unnecessary/awkward?

    It supports Full screen in GB, using the the Screen sizing API introduced in IOS 11. AudioBus seems to support it but BM3 and AUM don’t (yet?) support this API...I’ve corresponded with the AUM developer about this, hoping for good news there. I haven’t yet messaged the BM3 dev.

    Some prominent plugin devs don’t like the iOS 11 API though — as a result consistent AUV3 full screen could be weird for customers for the next couple years.

  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
Sign In or Register to comment.