Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AUv3 StepPoly ARP AU OMG!!!!

Comments

• edited June 2018

@Carnbot said:
    Wow, we really needed this on iOS. Great news.
    Original StepPoly Arp has gone from the store so this is a paid upgrade.

>

Will wait for Doug’s link, but quite confused. One link, saved in App Wish, informs me that the app is not available in the UK App Store. Yet, if I manually search that same store, up it pops.

• I’m biting the bit, but going to wait for the STR Doug video and link :)

+1 but my oh my, does that thing look real perty to a sequencerx-aholic

• I will put my money where my AU loving mouth is :p Im quite willing to pay for new versions of quality apps that add AU and expand them like this app seems to have done :)

• @Fruitbat1919 said:

@eross said:
    so is this an update to the current app? Or a new seperate app? And is it available for iphone. I have had this for a while on ipad, but is saying i need to pay for it on my phones app store.

Seperate app from the original.

Aww i was afraid of that. Loved the original, and want to support devs. but don’t know if I want to purchase again for the same thing just AU.

• oh maybe it’s a little more than just Au. that polyrhythmic looks sweet

• so the original app isn’t supported anymore?

• @eross said:
    so the original app isn’t supported anymore?

You can still download the original, but it’s not for sale.

• Anyone got £15 until payday :D

• @AndyPlankton said:
    Anyone got £15 until payday :D

Only tomorrow (unless I use my overdraft haha) :p

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @eross said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@eross said:
    so is this an update to the current app? Or a new seperate app? And is it available for iphone. I have had this for a while on ipad, but is saying i need to pay for it on my phones app store.

Aww i was afraid of that. Loved the original, and want to support devs. but don’t know if I want to purchase again for the same thing just AU.

Yeah, can't say I'm not disappointed it's a separate app, if you've recently bought it you would be more frustrated I guess.

Here's a thing Apple could implement, that if you have an certain app in your purchased list (eg SPA original.) then the developer could enable a discount on the new one, so paid upgrades could then be possible.

I'm sure Apple could add something like that easily. :)

• @Dawdles said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:
    I will put my money where my AU loving mouth is :p Im quite willing to pay for new versions of quality apps that add AU and expand them like this app seems to have done :)

Looks cool. Please send word back on any BM3 issues ;)

Also any insight on whether you can import your own sound in to the advertised internal sound bank via the advertised Files app compatibility. And if there's probability per step.

Also, what's the 'multitasking' listed in functions? Really hoping that implies multitrack sequences for sequencing different instruments simultaneously from one pattern... Otherwise I'm kind of back in Rozeta terrritory again and can't jam across different instruments from one Gui - can still only switch one instrument/pattern/instance at a time...

Thanks in advance!

Will do, but waiting for a Doug video so can buy from his link. Presuming Doug does a video lol

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Carnbot said:

@eross said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@eross said:

Yeah, can't say I'm not disappointed it's a separate app, if you've recently bought it you would be more frustrated I guess.

Here's a thing Apple could implement, that if you have an certain app in your purchased list (eg SPA original.) then the developer could enable a discount on the new one, so paid upgrades could then be possible.

Yeah it’s an Apple shop problem really. I’m quite happy I’ve had a couple of years use of the original, but if someone had just bought the app, that would suck. I think your idea for Apple to allow discounts for linked apps (if the dev wanted to), is a good one.

• I just love that so many people here are on the edge of their seat for @thesoundtestroom video. It's nice to know I'm not the only one that watches them religiously.

• @Daveypoo said:
    It's nice to know I'm not the only one that watches them religiously.

>

Sitting in a pentagram of salt, flinging holy water all around and inhaling incense. :) :) :)

• The best just got better. I used the original as an IAA almost constantly - for me it was quite simply the best arp on iOS - so powerful. I forgave it for being a pain to name and save patches and reload them for a particular session I was working on. That is all gone with this - I am in heaven -as many instances as I want and all the parameters recalled in loading into AUM. For me the paid upgrade is more than worth it. Now StepPolyArp can be driven by Rozeta Cells - endless subtle polyrhythmic fun.

ChordPolyPad next please.

• @ageezz said:
    The best just got better. I used the original as an IAA almost constantly - for me it was quite simply the best arp on iOS - so powerful. I forgave it for being a pain to name and save patches and reload them for a particular session I was working on. That is all gone with this - I am in heaven -as many instances as I want and all the parameters recalled in loading into AUM. For me the paid upgrade is more than worth it. Now StepPolyArp can be driven by Rozeta Cells - endless subtle polyrhythmic fun.

ChordPolyPad next please.

Yeah I would love someone to do a good AU midi chord pad, but would like to see it more akin to a Navichord / ChordPolyPad lovechild ;)

• Yes please for chordpolypad AU :)

• @Carnbot said:
    Yes please for chordpolypad AU :)

If this release is any indicator, then it might be around the corner...

• @ageezz said:
    The best just got better. I used the original as an IAA almost constantly - for me it was quite simply the best arp on iOS - so powerful. I forgave it for being a pain to name and save patches and reload them for a particular session I was working on. That is all gone with this

AU really does benefit this app

• I had gave up waiting for StepPolyArp to be universal, thus never bought it..what a surprise this is! Instabuy, will be having some fun with this! :)

• it says it has a chord mode, that's not in SPA original is it?

• I really love this update, but...

I bought StepPolyArp mid of April for 16,99€. 😩

Do you think I can return the app to buy the newer version?

• Can you transfer patterns from the original SPA to the new SPAAU?

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    Can you transfer patterns from the original SPA to the new SPAAU?

This is done automatically- it really is a good AU implementation. Full screen available in AUM.

• @Carnbot said:

@eross said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@eross said:

Devs can essentially already do that, ie. give a discount to those who bought the original... by leaving the old build up, and creating a discounted bundle with the new version. They just complete their bundle to get the discount.

Of course the devs would still have to support the original build somewhat, and it would likely create confusion with buyers accidentally buying the wrong version, etc.

• edited June 2018

@skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

@eross said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@eross said:

Devs can essentially already do that, ie. give a discount to those who bought the original... by leaving the old build up, and creating a discounted bundle with the new version. They just complete their bundle to get the discount.

Of course the devs would still have to support the original build somewhat, and it would likely create confusion with buyers accidentally buying the wrong version, etc.

Yeah I've suggested this to some developers but it is messy and it's true people can buy the old app by mistake.
    But Apple have to support upgrade paths eventually so that deeper apps can grow, most people aren't going to want to buy the whole app again for a few new features.

• @chandroji said:
    I really love this update, but...

I bought StepPolyArp mid of April for 16,99€. 😩

Do you think I can return the app to buy the newer version?

I feel your pain. Hard luck.
    But it's a little like saying, I just bought the vinyl! Don't I get a discount on the CD?

• @skiphunt said:

@Carnbot said:

@eross said:

@Fruitbat1919 said:

@eross said:

Yeah it’s not ideal. Personally I don’t like sales or bundles. I would prefer a more sliding scale of price over a determined time scale - yes, it’s virtually unworkable in the current App Store set up.

I personally won’t buy any apps now that are over a certain age unless they are really really cheap, because at App Store prices (and how iOS updates work) IMO it’s unrealistic to expect much more than two years from initial release. At least if all apps worked on a sliding scale price, you could buy any app with a price that reflected how long you have left expecting reasonable support.

Anyway, this is probably discussion for another thread lol